K5OL61T.png

Kitsune

FIRE/Level 1

Beast-Warrior/Spirit

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. This card's ATK becomes the same as the monster your opponent's control with the highest ATK and this card's Attribute and Type becomes the same as that monster's, also it is unaffected by that monster's effect. Cannot be destroyed by battle.

0/0

Yep! It's the mythical Nine-Tailed Fox~

And pls, it's not Kyuubi from Naruto anime, it's from the original mythical creature Kyuubi no Kitsune.

So yes, making the effect exactly like how Kitsune should be, a "shapeshifter", better version of Copycat with Avatar-like effect, but since it's returned to hand during EP (spirit), i think this should balance him (or maybe weaken him?)

Quite sad that Konami ban Towers in the next format . . . this card sole purpose is for taking out monster with effect negation/immune (like CDI or Towers) or a monster with ridiculously high ATK.

Type, attribute, flavor, and art all look good to me. I'm a fan of the concept of Kitsune in general and have also made cards based on it. My only complaint is this:

It seems situational. Yes its worth siding this to beat towers but towers is gone next format so then what? My advice is to add some more powers to it. Kitsune can do more then just shape shift based on what I've read.

edit: I'm sorry if that sounded harsh. That wasn't my intent.

edit2: Here's another idea: Have it gain the effects of whatever its copying its stats from.

This card is good in my opinion. Searchable by Tenki, Aratama and even Arf Thou in Level1 Decks, and a solid out to beaters backed up by effect protection such as the aforementioned Towers.

I find the Spirit clause as a clever way to keep it on check: on one hand, it resets the card's stats in case it copies a relatively huge monster (3000+ ATK); on the other hand, it protects it from being removed from the field by the opponent so you can continue dropping it to beat the next bigger monster.

edit: I'm sorry if that sounded harsh. That wasn't my intent.

edit2: Here's another idea: Have it gain the effects of whatever its copying its stats from.

Harsh words isn't always bad actually, sometimes it helps us to get better and better.

Gain effects? I'm not sure about that . . . i fear Kitsune would be too powerful and broken if copy said monster's effect (e.g copy Quasar, or God Cards effect) since it doesn't require any cost or Tributes. Maybe i'll think of something else instead. (or if i can't think of something else, it stay the same as it is, unless you guys can suggest something.)

This card is good in my opinion. Searchable by Tenki, Aratama and even Arf Thou in Level1 Decks, and a solid out to beaters backed up by effect protection such as the aforementioned Towers.

I find the Spirit clause as a clever way to keep it on check: on one hand, it resets the card's stats in case it copies a relatively huge monster (3000+ ATK); on the other hand, it protects it from being removed from the field by the opponent so you can continue dropping it to beat the next bigger monster.

Better yet, Kitsune has "becomes ATK" wording instead of "gains ATK" so during the turn it is summoned, any ATK modifier won't work against him (like Bujingi Crane, Diamond Crab King, and etc.)

I feel that the ability to always be better than the biggest thing on the field should be a distinction given to something of a slightly higher level, rather than a low-level monster that dodges several forms of removal. I understand we have Copycat which becomes as good as anything on the field of your choice, but...

I would prefer to have this card be Level 5 or so, so that you have to constantly make investments to consistently have access to the ability to beat down whatever you can't destroy with your effects. Also makes you think a little harder over when you want to bring this card out.

I feel that the ability to always be better than the biggest thing on the field should be a distinction given to something of a slightly higher level, rather than a low-level monster that dodges several forms of removal. I understand we have Copycat which becomes as good as anything on the field of your choice, but...

I would prefer to have this card be Level 5 or so, so that you have to constantly make investments to consistently have access to the ability to beat down whatever you can't destroy with your effects. Also makes you think a little harder over when you want to bring this card out.

Umm . . . that way it won't be searchable anymore (like Voltex - Meltdown already explained), and hard to pull of (since you need monster already on the field to be Tributed.)

Yes it can take down almost any monster that can't be beaten with effects (exception with Beelze), but this card already eat up your NS, and also removal Trap is hell a lot right now (any Mirror Force Trap, Torrential, Solemn Warning etc) or maybe monster effect negation (Fiendish Chain, Beakthrough Skill, Forbidden Chalice etc) and almost everybody run above card^ today.

But yes . . . what you said can solve the problem if i want Kitsune copy effect from said monster's.

Let me think about it (also looks like Kitsune have ATK issues if facing The Wicked Avatar, like infinite ATK)

Archived