Revealing the 2015 monsters: Post-Halloween thoughts

Flash Flyer - Sakura

I only interacted with my monster ID two or three times this event, even though I tried not to interact with it for the duration of the event.

(Well, only the intro and farewell were explicit; Dark Law thread in TCG was neutral)

At least it wasn't as blatant as me being Sapphira, which I tried to avoid this year (and yeah, I still feel awkward about doing it).

Ah yes, an exact count.

[spoiler=Image]

jKCzzTA.png?1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I feel pretty satisfied with this year. I remember last year my monster was pretty lame and not very memorable so I was set out to have a monster that people actually would remember. I didnt do one of the monsters that was considered the best by many but I still got a few fans from the event. If I were one of the guessers then I would have been confused of whether Armz was Toffee or Bill, the rest I just drew a blank on so props to everyone who was guessing right because I could never do it.

Kinda curious of who guessed me right and how they came to their conclusion that it was me.

Well I feel pretty satisfied with this year. I remember last year my monster was pretty lame and not very memorable so I was set out to have a monster that people actually would remember. I didnt do one of the monsters that was considered the best by many but I still got a few fans from the event. If I were one of the guessers then I would have been confused of whether Armz was Toffee or Bill, the rest I just drew a blank on so props to everyone who was guessing right because I could never do it.

Kinda curious of who guessed me right and how they came to their conclusion that it was me.

Interactions with Giga :3

Only Cow got you right from that chart I posted.

As to how he found out, likely through trial and error.

You can ask him if you're curious.

Eh I might sometime

Saw you viewing Coral Blue's profile, and suddenly it all made sense.

An accident sold me off lol

My main aim was to raise my own activity from last year, which I pretty much managed. Thinking out what exactly my character should be really helped.Making in-jokes and thinking a lot about the nervous stuttering was kind of fun.

On the other hand, I really could have planned out more with things I didn't think of before I started.  The header gimmick was pretty much completely lost because it had to be changed manually and I didn't really pull that off well. I didn't realize until midway how hard it would be to stutter on vowels and h and tried changing accordingly. I focused on hiding my mannerisms behind olden but mostly just formal english last year so maybe I should have adopted a southern dialect a bit this year beyond that half-assed last minute insert in the goodbye thread. You know, because Scott is from Texas. Some parts of the character I had planned out, like a protectiveness towards children and maybe being in the closet/having a crush on Freddy (nod to 4).

As for the character, I basically came up with the gimmick first and needed a character to go along with that. So I chose to interpret how Foxy acts mainly in 1 because of how his role diminishes in 2 and 3 and I wasn't sure if I could tie in Mangle in any satisfactory way. It became a very meek character yet with confidence in what he did in the restaurant. There was also an idea of dissonance between this outward appearance and that gimmick that didn't really work.

Also, there was a pretty big hint in a certain Games thread. I was thinking about that before the creation, but I didn't recall having been repped before it was too late.

For the record, he got it off of the "punk rock chick" based on your activity in the music thread i games.

Actually I did Carrie because I wanted to take a stab at emo kids (also since shes my fav Gumball character) hence the Punk Rock Chick, and plus she called herself that in the show so I never would have guessed that would be my downfall, but oh well

TBH, I was thinking of doing Che Guevara (yeah, as in the Argentine revolutionary) for Halloween this year and using regional Spanish (well, for my practice anyway, since not taking language this semester). But I'd probably get found out too quickly, likely by process of elimination.

(Familiar with the common form [which I have used a few times here, if you have been paying attention to certain posts]; less on the other variants).

Eh, we'll never know how that would've worked out, but probably good that I didn't try this.

----

As for why I did Black Enforcer, probably because I still like HEROs, despite not using them for a good amount of time until SD27.

Actually I did Carrie because I wanted to take a stab at emo kids (also since shes my fav Gumball character) hence the Punk Rock Chick, and plus she called herself that in the show so I never would have guessed that would be my downfall, but oh well

It was also because it kinda felt like the kinda thing you'd do. The frequency of replies and an underlying tone.

Most of what I got were based on

1.) timing

2.) knowledge of the person

3.) tone of posts. all the monsters retained bits of themselves they couldn't hide

Also nice avi ;)

It was also because it kinda felt like the kinda thing you'd do. The frequency of replies and an underlying tone.

True

3.) tone of posts. all the monsters retained bits of themselves they couldn't hide

I could probably think up of one or two things that ended up bleeding into my monster account.

Also nice avi ;)

It is the one true masterpiece

I had a lot of fun this Halloween season, even if I was blatantly obvious. I mean for effs sake, I made an effing duel profile about Deskbot long ago with an Assassination Classroom theme, and had a Korosensei gif for a short period of time. I'll be surprised if Nephy never caught on.

What mattered is that I wanted to appeal to people as much as possible, using a very notable, funny, and wise character. My original monster was someone from the persona series, probably Adachi, Nyx, or Elizabeth, but I picked sensei because he was more funnier to act with and was more imagined to be lively.

So in the end, I wanted to not only try to make my acting and activity more different than my usual account, but I wanted to strengthen my ties with some people here and give advice and motivation that I cannot normally do. I think I did capture sensei's quirks fairly well, though I wish I could have had more time bonding. Making the event less boring, and making people like Black and other smile through my quirks and advice made me happy to be here this Halloween event. I hope those teachings really are going to be genuine throughout the year....

I had a lot of fun this Halloween season, even if I was blatantly obvious. I mean for effs sake, I made an effing duel profile about Deskbot long ago with an Assassination Classroom theme, and had a Korosensei gif for a short period of time. I'll be surprised if Nephy never caught on.

What mattered is that I wanted to appeal to people as much as possible, using a very notable, funny, and wise character. My original monster was someone from the persona series, probably Adachi, Nyx, or Elizabeth, but I picked sensei because he was more funnier to act with and was more imagined to be lively.

So in the end, I wanted to not only try to make my acting and activity more different than my usual account, but I wanted to strengthen my ties with some people here and give advice and motivation that I cannot normally do. I think I did capture sensei's quirks fairly well, though I wish I could have had more time bonding. Making the event less boring, and making people like Black and other smile through my quirks and advice made me happy to be here this Halloween event. I hope those teachings really are going to be genuine throughout the year....

I loved your Korosensei. I wasn't able to guess him, unfortunately, but he was one of my two favorite monsters this year (I couldn't decide between you and Carl).

I've seen Assassination Classroom, and your role was spot-on, evoking the same feelings of respect and happiness as the original. I didn't really know much about you before, but now I want to, because you seem like a great person. :D

I honestly had zero fun at all with this event. Didn't like my monster, didn't really enjoy anyone else's. I really did want to enjoy it, but mostly the monsters are either inactive, or the active ones are some sort of reference to a show I never heard of. But mostly, I just had no idea what to do with my own monster.

What a shame.

Aaaah, even with my slip, I was only found once~

Though they were a train wreck as a sub-event, being hammy as funk with monster duels was really fun. Seeing them more structured next year would be great.

Tsumugi and Ex Machina were the most obvious, to me, mostly because Dan had a day 1 slip where he started asking "but why!?", as he is wont to do, and Ex Machina... Yeah.

Talking with Toyo (neither of us guessed), we figured Hades was either Striker or Thar, but decided Thar when Hades did alright I'm the rap thread. Oops.

Archived