Revealing the 2015 monsters: Post-Halloween thoughts

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved your Korosensei. I wasn't able to guess him, unfortunately, but he was one of my two favorite monsters this year (I couldn't decide between you and Carl).

I've seen Assassination Classroom, and your role was spot-on, evoking the same feelings of respect and happiness as the original. I didn't really know much about you before, but now I want to, because you seem like a great person. :D

I appreciate it~ Indeed, getting to know much more members with my reg. account was one of the reasons why I picked sensei. His happiness and bonding is indeed contagious. Nyuhuhuhu....

I would have guessed Black was Baalmon at all. But then it makes sense considering this egotism about the anti-hero making the hero look better...

Well, I chose someone from a medium people don't know I'm a fan of, since I don't shenzhenzkenjdn over Tri like everyone else~

However, I spent the event wishing I had been Sans from Undertale, instead, but I had been too excited about the game to do so. Someone should do him next year.

I had a schtick in mind, but it didn't really take, especially considering another monster had essentially the same schtick, so things were a little awkward at that point.

I honestly had zero fun at all with this event. Didn't like my monster, didn't really enjoy anyone else's. I really did want to enjoy it, but mostly the monsters are either inactive, or the active ones are some sort of reference to a show I never heard of. But mostly, I just had no idea what to do with my own monster.

What a shame.

The same the same. Zero seems a bit extreme for me, but I really didn't know what to do with my guy

Basketballmon lost because I got 3 perfect topdecks in a row.

but if lilith had stayed on the field, your first topdeck would have been negated/banished  and the subsequent ones would have been vastly different. 

but on another note, still somewhat annoyed that you drew the 4 perfect counters to my deck on the first turn.

Yeah, I was Gavrill all along. To be honest, my main goal was to be difficult to guess by playing a character from a rather unpopular manga and with an attitude virtually opposite to mine. Unfortunately, I failed to develop the monster since not only I felt I was lacking on "material" to work with (Gavrill only shows in about 3 episodes), but also I had trouble with role playing a rude character, and thus I soon ran out of ideas to bring to the table.

For the record, I want to say that if I offended anyone or was too rude, I didn't really mean it and it was just part of the role play, so please don't take it seriously.

And yet, I was guessed correctly by 2 users. I'm curious on knowing what gave me away.

In retrospect I think I would have done much better with Fran herself, since I can relate to her a bit more, plus she gets the whole manga as sources for ideas. I did have some ideas during this week that would have worked better with Fran (free operations giveaway, insisting on taking samples from fellow monsters, etc.)

Yeah, I was Gavrill all along. To be honest, my main goal was to be difficult to guess by playing a character from a rather unpupolar manga and with attitude virtually opposite to mine. Unfortunately, I failed to develop the monster since not only I felt I was lacking on "material" to work with (Gavrill only shows in about 3 episodes), but also I had trouble with role playing a rude character, and thus I soon ran out of ideas to bring to the table.

For the record, I want to say that if I offended anyone or was too rude, I didn't really mean it and it was just part of the role play, so please don't take it seriously.

And yet, I was guessed correctly by 2 users. I'm curious on knowing what gave me away.

In retrospect I think I would have done much better with Fran herself, since I can relate to her a bit more, plus she gets the whole manga as sources for ideas. I did have some ideas during this week that would have worked better with Fran (free operations giveaway, insisting on taking samples from fellow monsters, etc.)

I thought your Gavrill was Yui for obvious reasons, or maybe Toyo since it's some manga I've never heard about before. Well played, well played.

I went with Swedish Chef due to a suggestion from Yui/Giga, because most people would probably end up thinking I was Yui instead, due to his liking for the Muppets and all.

I also went and made sure to follow his habit of making all his text in black and limiting each paragraph to about 2-3 sentences.

Just wondering, but what gave me away? To those that got me right, of course.

I went with Swedish Chef due to a suggestion from Yui/Giga, because most people would probably end up thinking I was Yui instead, due to his liking for the Muppets and all.

I also went and made sure to follow his habit of making all his text in black and limiting each paragraph to about 2-3 sentences.

Just wondering, but what gave me away? To those that got me right, of course.

A similar plan was what had struck me.

You thought it was Black...

A similar plan was what had struck me.

You thought it was Black...

But it was actually Yui!

EDIT: For my consolation prize I don't want/need a logo.  Just changing my name back would be good enough because idk why I did this last night.

Fun fact: I originally planned to be the Crooked Man, but with Lunar being in a car accident and all, it never got made, in which case I decided it wasn't worth following through on and went with someone I knew how to impersonate. Plus I didn't wanna scare myself every time I opened the site, cause my avi looked like Jeff the Killer.

Wow. These were some shocking revelations.

I never PM'd anyone any of my guesses, but I had a hunch that Armz was Toffee. ...aaaaaaand that's basically it.

I chose The Hash-Slinging Slasher as my monster this year kinda as a throwaway, since I thought I actually had to be a "monster", and not a character of my choosing.

I'll learn from my mistake this year, and choose a much less-Halloweeny(hurr-hurr) "monster".

Also, props to CowCow for apparently guessing all monsters correctly.

Tsumugi and Ex Machina were the most obvious, to me, mostly because Dan had a day 1 slip where he started asking "but why!?", as he is wont to do, and Ex Machina... Yeah.

So why did you duel me at all? I mean, that was easily one of the most fun duels I had in ages, and yet you throw me under the bus anyways?

-_-

So, since I appear to be the least-talked about monster, how did I do? Impressions? Who did you think Tsumugi was? What can I do better next year?

Because I honestly thought the questions thing was justified since Tsumugi didn't know anything about this time period.

So why did you duel me at all? I mean, that was easily one of the most fun duels I had in ages, and yet you throw me under the bus anyways?

-_-

So, since I appear to be the least-talked about monster, how did I do? Impressions? Who did you think Tsumugi was? What can I do better next year?

Because I honestly thought the questions thing was justified since Tsumugi didn't know anything about this time period.

To be honest, Dan, I thought Tsumugi was Toyo. Sorry, bro. ^^;

-_-

To have fun. I knew it was you, but I wanted to make you have a fun time, anyway. And being hammy is fun as funk. It's not throwing you under the bus, as I knew a few others as well that I dueled against, like Bill/Giga, but it was still fun.

Don't ask questions like you're prone to doing, and try to carve out your own identity a bit more, beyond "pinksquid".

To have fun. I knew it was you, but I wanted to make you have a fun time, anyway. And being hammy is fun as funk. It's not throwing you under the bus, as I knew a few others as well that I dueled against, like Bill/Giga, but it was still fun.

Don't ask questions like you're prone to doing, and try to carve out your own identity a bit more, beyond "pinksquid".

...Fair enough.

Also, I did ask those that guessed me to PM me.

I really would've loved some additional feedback.

Archived