Revealing the 2015 monsters: Post-Halloween thoughts

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wee bit on the surprising side that only three managed to get my Ghostwriter, (One was the dear Mooer, and one of the other two I suspect was Yui/UE, but who was the last...?)

And, in all honesty, I was expecting a few people to manage to get me correct, those being among the Skype groups that stem from here. I was banking on the fact that I wasn't all that active outside of the RP scene to throw off the masses, however.

A wee bit on the surprising side that only three managed to get my Ghostwriter, (One was the dear Mooer, and one of the other two I suspect was Yui/UE, but who was the last...?)

And, in all honesty, I was expecting a few people to manage to get me correct, those being among the Skype groups that stem from here. I was banking on the fact that I wasn't all that active outside of the RP scene to throw off the masses, however.

I'm prolly newer to this site, and Haven't seen you much in the TCG areas so didn't know you.

Honestly thought you might be black 

To be fair you are probably the only one this year I figured out, specificly because of the Skybound FORTUNE Skype group :P

However I chose to not participate in the hunt this year as I barely know the people here well enough to spot the tiny details that would give you away

Basically I went with Nox Decious as my monster because I had watched the web series that he is from so it made it easier for me to act as him.

So, other than Cow, who else guessed my identity and how easy was it to guess?

Just out of curiosity, what series is Nox Decious from?

-_-

So, since I appear to be the least-talked about monster, how did I do? Impressions? Who did you think Tsumugi was? What can I do better next year?

Because I honestly thought the questions thing was justified since Tsumugi didn't know anything about this time period.

you were a pretty good monster from what i've seen of you. you also convinced me to watch knights of sidonia, an anime i'd cast aside since it was all CG, so you can consider that a plus.  during the last few days (the rage part was definitely fun.).  so 8/10 monster wise.

I didn't guess anybody since that's not something i'm very good at, but if we do monster duelists again i'm definitely jumping in.

After reading that, I need a new keyboard now. 'is still wiping off soda from it'

But yeah, that's the one person I was not expecting to be compared to...wee bit on the floored side now.

Well the Writer had class and knew what he was talking about and kinda witty.

First guess would have been Nai, but since that wasn't an option, Black seemed legit

I honestly was floored by the movie ex machina, and wanted to replicate that.

So Binary first

then Hex (base 16)

Finally base 26 (letters)

then imperfect forms, a over sex'ed form, an innocent form, a overly cruel one, and a humorless form

Finally, like all other creatures, even a "perfect" machine becomes selfish and vain, thus becoming the devil, ergo Diabolus

the idea could have been executed better IMO

Personally, I think there were too many Monsters. From my perspective, I saw a flood of Monsters appear, like 20 something all at once. And while I recognized and knew who some of the Monsters were (Hades, Bill Cipher, Carl, etc), a lot of them I didn't. And by that, I meant who they were pop culturally, not the member identities.

That's not to say that's a bad thing, I actually think that's refreshing. But for me, I saw like 20-something people I had to keep track of that I couldn't exactly distinguish (I did not even try to decipher the Intro threads where they all talked to each other) and only 3 guesses a day to do it. Plus, with so many Monsters going inactive at points, I would have to go and hunt some of their older posts and try to make guesswork from there, if I was motivated enough to do that.

So all that gave me a mindset that not only would I not win, I probably wasn't going to get anywhere near close to guessing who everybody was. So I didn't really try. I went off the feeling in my gut most of the time and I'm surprised I even got as many as I did.

If the number got cut in half and there were only around 15 Monsters next year, I think it'd be a much more immersive and engaging event. And maybe have 5 or less of them be dedicated Monster Duelists, that'd make things easier to organize and find time to challenge them.

I probably deserve that ban and warning points for inactivity, which I apologise for. It was fun trying, but I just didn't know how to act my part so I basically gave up. It was fun watching other people's monsters though.

I haven't really been keeping tabs on the inactivity too much, but yeah we know that it can be hard to act at times.

I considered not playing this year, if I couldn't find an identity that I could pull out that didn't make it obvious who it really was.

(And yeah, I really should've went in other member's threads + tried to stop sheet as Black Enforcer.)

----

Ah yes, for Cipher's book challenges, for those of you wondering how he was able to get those images into locked posts, he PMed me to do it for him.

How many of you actually found all three of them?

Yeah, I was Gavrill all along. To be honest, my main goal was to be difficult to guess by playing a character from a rather unpopular manga and with an attitude virtually opposite to mine. Unfortunately, I failed to develop the monster since not only I felt I was lacking on "material" to work with (Gavrill only shows in about 3 episodes), but also I had trouble with role playing a rude character, and thus I soon ran out of ideas to bring to the table.

For the record, I want to say that if I offended anyone or was too rude, I didn't really mean it and it was just part of the role play, so please don't take it seriously.

And yet, I was guessed correctly by 2 users. I'm curious on knowing what gave me away.

In retrospect I think I would have done much better with Fran herself, since I can relate to her a bit more, plus she gets the whole manga as sources for ideas. I did have some ideas during this week that would have worked better with Fran (free operations giveaway, insisting on taking samples from fellow monsters, etc.)

I'm not gonna lie it was partially just process of elimination. I don't know you well but I figured it'd be a somewhat active one, who had taste a bit different than many of the others.

Also I'm gonna be rating how difficult I found each monster, for all the rest asking.

But I will say. It helps guessing every day, even if you're not sure.

My main aim for the event was to beat my record from last year (which was 9). I had 8 going into the final day of guessing, and I got 2 right from my final guesses. Although I would've gotten 3 right if I didn't change one of my answers.

@Cow: How long will that thread take to materialise because I'm interested in seeing that.

I'm not gonna lie it was partially just process of elimination. I don't know you well but I figured it'd be a somewhat active one, who had taste a bit different than many of the others.

Also I'm gonna be rating how difficult I found each monster, for all the rest asking.

But I will say. It helps guessing every day, even if you're not sure.

But Cow, you've yet to figure out exactly what kind of monster I am.

Personally, I think there were too many Monsters. From my perspective, I saw a flood of Monsters appear, like 20 something all at once. And while I recognized and knew who some of the Monsters were (Hades, Bill Cipher, Carl, etc), a lot of them I didn't. And by that, I meant who they were pop culturally, not the member identities.

That's not to say that's a bad thing, I actually think that's refreshing. But for me, I saw like 20-something people I had to keep track of that I couldn't exactly distinguish (I did not even try to decipher the Intro threads where they all talked to each other) and only 3 guesses a day to do it. Plus, with so many Monsters going inactive at points, I would have to go and hunt some of their older posts and try to make guesswork from there, if I was motivated enough to do that.

So all that gave me a mindset that not only would I not win, I probably wasn't going to get anywhere near close to guessing who everybody was. So I didn't really try. I went off the feeling in my gut most of the time and I'm surprised I even got as many as I did.

If the number got cut in half and there were only around 15 Monsters next year, I think it'd be a much more immersive and engaging event. And maybe have 5 or less of them be dedicated Monster Duelists, that'd make things easier to organize and find time to challenge them.

Well, interest was a lot higher than we had originally anticipated, so we opened the monster signups to accommodate for more.

Though, we'll keep this in mind for 2016, if this shows up.

Again guys, if you want exact totals, here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/343065-revealing-the-2015-monsters-post-halloween-thoughts/page-2?do=findComment&comment=6741475

(I have blacked out the names + the monsters each of you guessed.)

---

Anyway, I think this is a good time as ever to wrap up the event.

Monsters from this year have been sent back to the other dimension, points awarded and pretty much everything else.

I'll give you guys the logos later on; need to design them.

Archived