Aethertouched [OOC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the post, Nai.

However, due to underlying circumstances, I will be hosting Aethertouched on my own from this point on. Nai's plot post and directions therein are still valid, and a second plot post will come up within the next few days. As a warning, said post will cause a dramatic change in the tone, so get any current interactions done before then.

To Nai and Neph: thank you for helping me figure out a direction for the plot, and don't take this personally.

If someone is not comfortable with me hosting this on my own and wants to leave the RP as a result, go right on ahead, I honestly don't mind. We have plenty of characters already.

To those in doubt as for my investment in this RP and/or whether I have a plan for future events, I assure you I have this covered.

EDIT: Nai repping this legitimately made me lose my sheet. Thanks, Nai.

[spoiler=Mother without a motherland]
Name: Sabine Schreiber (サビーナ•シュライブラー)
[spoiler=Appearance]
RTRgg0c.jpg
Standing at around 5’8”, Sabine has the appearance of a slightly taller than average European woman, with pale snow-like skin and equally pale silver hair. Originally she had more prominent blonde locks, but the combination of stress, trauma and the manifestation of her Soul bleached her hair almost completely white. Even though her penchant for thick clothing hides it, her body is rather athletic and well-toned, though a little on the thin side.

Key differences from the picture is that she has a plain black eyepatch over her right eye, along with bandages around it, covering the badly wounded parts of her face. Additionally, she has a prosthetic right arm advanced enough that one couldn't tell the difference without touching it directly. Not to mention, she wears black gloves over both her hands all the time so one couldn’t possibly tell. The prosthetic arm is red in color and is made of shock-proof titanium, state-of-the-art stuff, basically.

She carries an FN Five-Seven pistol on her person at all times, along with a combat knife strapped to her thigh, plus the trademark Mosin-nagant sniper rifle manifested through her soul. She usually carries a tired, stoic expression that gives off the feel of a burdened soul. Though, she does have her more emotional moments, usually pertaining to topics regarding Aethertouched terrorists and the whereabouts of her daughter.

[spoiler=Personality]
A cold, yet emotionally broken woman befitting the desolate, ruined area that was once her homeland, Sabine is someone who has lost, quite literally, everything. She recognizes that the only thing that has been yet to be taken away from her is her native language. Friends, family, love, history, memories, happiness, all burned down. Prior to the incident that awakened her soul, Sabine was a lot more outgoing and happy-go-lucky. During her days as a soldier, she was a joyous young girl who takes pride and happiness in plucking the heads off her enemies. During her days as the wife of a weapons merchant, she was a loving woman who cared greatly for her husband and daughter.

Now though, she’s quiet, emotionless and very emotionally reserved, hiding her sorrow and grief. She lives her days with only one goal in mind, that being of revenge. Revenge on those who took away her happiness. She herself admitted as such, that after getting revenge, all she has left is the faint glimmer of hope that her daughter might still be alive, somewhere. With a headstrong determination and zero fucks given attitude, she refuses to take crap from anyone and would gladly do anything in her power to get closer to her goals.

Well, she claims to do that, but she does have a very strong moral and justice code left over, and as such is prone to losing her grip in situations where she has to do morally questionable things. Along with occasional flashbacks to the day of her incident, it isn’t uncommon for her to completely lose herself. She would often clutch her head in pain during such episodes, as well as temporarily losing her grip on reality, seeing her opponents as enemies she faced in the past.

[spoiler=Biography]
Sabine Schreiber, neè Schmidt, was born some 25 years ago in a cold little village in a European country ravaged with civil war. Her childhood was relatively normal, the child of a maid who worked for a local baron. She spent most of her days doing idle chores, doing grocery and light labor, things that most children wouldn’t even think of doing. Around the time she legally became an adult, the war broke out to a full-scale attack, with her master’s castle being one of the targets for it. She just barely survived the revolutionaries’ assault by escaping to the woods with her mother.

Angered at the anarchist group who claimed to be “revolutionaries of justice”, Sabine immediately enlisted to the army, insistent to the point she faked her age. “Justice” and “revenge” were words very much engrained in mind at this point. Army training was incredibly difficult, to say the very least. She had zero talent with guns, so even though she had an advanced piece of technology (AWP Sniper Rifle she salvaged from the Baron’s collection before the castle burned down completely), she was incapable to harness it fully. At first, anyway.

Through perseverance and the support of her spotter Reubens, she eventually received a position as a soldier of her village’s defense militia. To skip details a bit, her sniping skills started improving throughout the battles, eventually becoming very skilled with her gun. Additionally, she overheard that one of the officials of the national army has been supplying the revolutionary side to keep the war effort longer. Naturally she took matters to her own hands. With Reubens by her side, she devised a plan to assassinate the official, and succeeded. Both her and Reubens were praised as war heroes by the time it all came to an end.

Sabine got married to her former spotter Reubens not long after the war ended. She was around 21 at the time. Reubens became a weapons merchant to support his new family, while Sabine happily took the role of housewife. Mr. and Mrs. Schreiber enjoyed a joyous life at the countryside, joined by their first daughter Natasha. However, a new threat had descended upon the village, one that destroyed Sabine’s saccharine days.

A group of Aethertouched terrorists had driven their black hand of influence on the war-torn country. With plenty of Aethertouched around due to the trauma of war, the terrorists quickly gained power and launched various attacks throughout the country. Sabine’s village was the target of such attacks. The Schreiber household in particular was targeted by the terrorists, who, being mostly comprised of former revolutionaries, held a grudge against the so-called war heroes.

She remembers a few fragmented scenes from that day. She woke up, cooked breakfast, it was rogen and stew as per Reubens’ request. She then did the laundry, gave Reubens a light hug before he went to his workbench. And then… And then it was loud sounds, like someone- or rather, several people banging at the door. They shouted things, voices overlapping with one another. It wasn’t in her native tongue, but it was a language she understood. “Open the doors!” “Justice has waited for too long!” “Show us your heads!” Reubens answered the door then, she was hiding behind him, Natasha held tightly in her arms. What followed was hazy, blurry and distorted. An explosion, perhaps? Everyone was yelling, yet it was silent. Vision was painful and equally distorted. There was a wave of purple, followed by red, and then orange, then white, and suddenly black. Everything following the red was under a layer of deep crimson.

She woke up in a medical ward, one she’s been to before. A familiar view, yet not one she is supposed to be seeing. “Ms. Schreiber! You’re finally awake. Let me change the bandages, I’ll call the doctor too.” “Natasha! Reubens!” “Reubens! Natasha, dear! Where… What…” “Where is my husband and daughter?! Are they safe?! Can someone tell me-! “We need anesthesia, stat!”’ “Please try…. ….lm down… ...reiber.”

The process of coming to grips with reality was a difficult one for Sabine. Very difficult. The shock from the news alone sent her to a 2-day coma, whereupon she woke up with no recollection of what happened. In total, she spent 2 months in the ward. During this time, she was constantly haunted by nightmares of what happened, and her mind could only focus on the events that day, not fully realizing she had lost an arm and an eye until well into her third week of hospitalization. When she returned to her village, all she found was ashes. The cherished place she grew up in, the glorious place she defended to her last breath, and the loved place she spent her happy days, all burnt to nothingness.

This trauma was more than enough to awaken Sabine’s aethertouched powers. She initially rejected it, not wanting to be the same as those that destroyed her. With time, she accepted her powers, regarding it as a tool to exact her revenge. After several years researching the group independently, trekking across Europe with the burning ambition of revenge as her fuel, she finally came to her biggest lead yet. The Tokyo Skytree bombings. Two months after said event, she finally arrives in the far east. Clutching a cherished, half-burnt family picture in her hand, Sabine marches on to what she hopes is her final battlefield.

Soul Manifestation: Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle, with scope accessory
[spoiler=Aethertouched Ability]
-Physical enhancements
Physically, Sabine’s aethertouched gives her highly heightened senses, able to hear faint sounds, smells as well as impeccable 20/20 vision. All of which were traits she had trained before as a sniper, so naturally it was increased to superhuman levels. When it comes to strength or agility, she’s slightly above the average person, but nothing incredibly remarkable. Her prosthetic arm does become stronger, though. Able to lift and grip beyond normal human capacity and also capable of shielding against bullets.

-Aethertouched power: Die Walküre

This ability comes in two main forms. The first, is the angel-like wing that sprouts from her back which grants her flight. The second is what led her to name her power after the mythical Valkyries, those who choose who dies. That is, she gains the ability to track whoever is in her scopes. By putting someone on the scope of her gun and focusing on them for a solid 10 seconds, she is able to track that person wherever they may be, similar in function radar. To boot, she's also able to see their outline through walls. She can track a total of 3 people at once using this power, and it dies off after around 12 hours. When active, she gains a temporary eye where her missing eye would be, but this eye has an x-shaped pupil and is dark red in color.

Offensively, Die Walküre transforms Sabine's Mosin-Nagant by giving her the ability to fire a straight beam of fire that can penetrate through most solid objects, with an effective range of 120 meters.

The flight granted by her wings is relatively slow, only achieving a maximum ground speed of 70 Km/h, and she cannot climb vertically upwards with ease. It is best used to grant her vantage points.

[spoiler=Other]
Character Song: TOP SECRET -My Red World- ~ 暁records
Battle song: Escapes ~ Foreground Eclipse
[spoiler=Short bio]
Name: Sabine Schreiber
HT: 172 CM
WT: 53 Kg
B-W-H: ??-??-??
Star sign: Libra
Blood type: B
Favorite food: Curry
Preferred pastime: Target practice