[DOCS-KR] Burgesstoma continues

Korean exclusives confirmed for churning out archetypes; goodbye random cards.

DOCS-KR081

Burgesstoma Eldonia

Normal Trap

Target 1 face-up monster on the field; it gains 500 ATK and DEF until the end of this turn. When a Trap Card on the field is activated while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster (Aqua/WATER/Level 2/ATK 1200/DEF 0). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, this card is unaffected by monster effects, also banish it when it leaves the field.

DOCS-KR082

Burgesstoma Dinomischus

Normal Trap

Target 1 face-up card on the field; discard 1 card, and if you do, banish that [face-up] card. When a Trap Card on the field is activated while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster (Aqua/WATER/Level 2/ATK 1200/DEF 0). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, this card is unaffected by monster effects, also banish it when it leaves the field.

^ (this card may require the targeted card to remain face-up in order for it to be banished, unsure at this point. Check back later for when this message is removed.)

DOCS-KR083

Burgesstoma Marrella

Normal Trap

Send 1 Trap Card from your Deck to the Graveyard. When a Trap Card on the field is activated while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster (Aqua/WATER/Level 2/ATK 1200/DEF 0). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, this card is unaffected by monster effects, also banish it when it leaves the field.

DOCS-KR084

Burgesstoma Leanchoilia

Normal Trap

Target 1 banished card; return it to the Graveyard. When a Trap Card on the field is activated while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster (Aqua/WATER/Level 2/ATK 1200/DEF 0). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, this card is unaffected by monster effects, also banish it when it leaves the field.

DOCS-KR085

Burgesstoma Opabinia

Rank 2/WATER/Xyz/Effect/0/2400

2 Level 2 monsters

Unaffected by other monsters’ effects. You can activate “Burgesstoma” Trap Cards from your hand. If this card has a Trap Card as an Xyz Material: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 “Burgesstoma” Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Burgesstoma Opabinia” once per turn.

>Burg miller

>Burg searcher

>Burg that returns Banished stuff to Graveyard

>Burg Dark Core

>The Xyz uses 2 Materials and let's you activate stuff from hand

Thank you based Korean Exclusives

The +500 ATK/DEF one is cute, cuz' it gives your Burgs more fighting power; But it's overshadowed by all the rest.

Holy Cow that xyz. Freeing you from your opponents plays was something this deck really needed.

Good that they now have a banish returner in Leanchoilia too.

Cool to see so many relatively obscure creatures featured too, was wondering when they'd get round to Opabinia. Hope these come over to the tcg. We've ended up getting Korean exclusives before, haven't we?

Yeah, we got the older Korean Exclusives in WSUP (and the two in the Mega Tins), but since it's clear we won't be getting a WSUP2, we don't know when we'll get the Burgesstomas in TCG. Shame too since they're a really interesting deck and this round of support is definitely what the deck needed. I might have to try these out once they're on DN tbqh.

Eldonia is pretty bad all things considered, but the other 3 Traps are all solid. I'm not sure I'd run more than 1, if any. Dino can be used to dump some Burgs from hand early game if you need to, though it does seem more of a 2-of, IMO. The actual effect is pretty good though, so I'd have to test some. Marrela is pure acceleration which is always noice, and while Leancholia seems better in other decks, it's still a good card. Not sure if 3 is necessary, but if you don't want to run imperial Iron Wall to help your Zones stay clear, It's good. Opabinia is...interesting. It lets you play much more aggressively, since you don't have to wait a turn to make plays AND lets you search a Burga OPT, but it itself has no offensive presence. You also can't activate it more than twice, since it's only 2 materials.

I'm REALLY liking how the deck's coming out,though. I can't wait until it comes out in the US in 3 years.

I wonder if you can mix these in with Volcanics. They have some surprising synergy with them, at least theoretically.

Funnily enough, a Volcanic Burgesstoma deck was one of the first things I tried with the Burgs when they were released on DN. It wasn't amazing, but I agree that there is a fair bit of potential with them, especially now there's Marella and Leanchoilia to use with Blaze Accelerator Reload.

I just noticed that Dinomischus discards as an effect, not a cost. Use it in Shaddolls?

Well I suggested Shaddolls because it could also be used as a material for the WATER Fusion if you activated another Trap, but IDK how good that is. If you were wanting a Karma Cut-esque card in a deck that relies on sending to Graveyard/discarding by an effect, Dinomsichus just seems like the ideal choice.

Well, right now Anoyatillis is the highest attacking Shaddoll with a bit of a control aspect, so it's not too bad. Though Shekhinaga is almost always the better option now considering it only has 100 less attack and the highest single stat of any Shaddoll (3000 def)

opanibia is amazing, it searches a burgesstoma and allow xyz play in your turn, works especially well with pikaia which give you another draw as well as advancing your xyz play.....

dinomiscus is good, burgesstoma need monster removal outside anomalocaris, and it banishes too, good card is good (i think it can even replace karma cut in non burgesstoma)

marella is ok, it replaced needlebug nest for grave setup

Leanchoilia is dead most of the time.....but i guess still worth running for increasing the number for xyz and/or pikaia discard, and i wont even bother to run eldonia....

now they just need to get waboku/aegis of ocean lord esque burgesstoma for protection

Archived