The time has come, the Arch-volution is starting!

(  NOTE: As of now, 15th of Tuesday 18:30 (GMT +2), the tournament has come to an end. More info, to the bottom of this post )

Hello YCM fellows! So nice to see you again!

It's been so long since the introduction to the idea. Thanks for your patience and, hopefully, it will pay off big time.

The old thread is this: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/338237-an-idea-for-an-archetype-based-tournament/Visit it if you want, but there's no point to; everything you need to know is here.

[spoiler=Some notes before starting the big talk:]

• If something seems too extreme, difficult to understand or if you have something better to suggest, raise your question/suggestion.
  • If I've forgotten to include something everywhere around the topic, inform me.
  • The tournament is NOT only about power and competitive plays. It's also about entertainment and a different aspect of creativity.
  • If anyone is interested to host it or help, leave your interest here and I'll see what can happen.
  • I have NO clue of what my future schedule will be like, so sorry for any time inconvenience or delays from my liabilities. The best times for me to duel or check the tourney's status will be from 21:30 to 1:30 (GMT +2 or +3, I'm confused with the changes). The rest will be a matter of luck or convenience.
  • The decklist submission/joining deadline is Saturday 14th (this month), 22:00 GMT +2.
  • Of course, all the regular YCM rules apply here.

Just in case: There is a possible YCMCS tournament opening, so if someone is more interested for... the normal stuff (some twiches are under discussion), join there. Unless, of course, you want both...
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/343189-ycmcs-4-discussion/

- Status update: The tournament has already started, so don't bother checking :P

Now then, let's get the show on the road!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tired of the norm or thrilled to do something new? Here's your chance to feel the new flow. How? The title says all. ;)

[spoiler=DECKS STUFF]

I'll try to cite the details of the tournament:
[spoiler= ]

[spoiler=Rule 1 ]Only Archetype decks can be used. Decks like Zombies, EARTH etc. are not allowed, because they are “generic” in a way, meaning that they may include too many different cards although being “archetypal”.
NOTE: There are Archetypes that are a mixture of sub-archetypes, but they are practically the same one. Example, the Aesir/Nordic Deck.

[spoiler=Rule 2]No more than 2 copies of each card (including the generic cards). The reason is to try to use as many cards as possible and not rely on 3-4-5 cards only. As a result, picking an Archetype which contains many cards is vital and, since more and more are getting support, this ain't gonna be tough. Only exception, if 3 copies of a card are absolutely necessary for specific combos/utilities. Examples:
i) Since Shaddolls are only consisted of DARK monsters, Core and/or Nephe Shaddoll Fusion can be at 3.
ii) If a player uses a Hieratic Deck, they are allowed to use 3 HSotSDO and HSoDK because they lack other Normal Monsters.
Additionally, another exception is given for the Archetypes whose current cards cannot fill the minimum required cards' number (which is 30, since 10 are the max. generic cards that can be).

For your ease, I'll include the cards which are necessary for a Deck's consisency or obvious reasons to be at 3 max. (unless they already can be; you'll see later what I mean). Every time another card is mentioned (with jutification), the list will be updated. (the red-highlighted are the most sure)

One Rank-Up Spell Card for a RUM-depended archetype

The Sanctuary In The Sky

Medallion of the Ice Barrier

Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru

Toon Table of Contents

Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon

Batteryman AAA / AA

The basic Fusion card(s) for the Decks who are weak without them being at 3

One of the Gishki Ritual Spell Cards

Merlin or an other card from Noble Knights?

Raidraptor - Force Strix

[spoiler=Rule 3]We'll be following the TCG banlist (NOTE: OCG-exclusive cards are allowed, but they do fall under the restrictions of the tournament). However, if you think that some cards (e.g. Honest and Card Trooper) need to be at 1, then I can add a rule: To Limit all the Semi-limited cards, except the archetypal ones.
Additionally, some of the banned cards that belong to an archetype are allowed to be included only once and ONLY in their own Decks. I'll name them below, however if you find a card to be too problematic, it will remain banned. (Remember, most of the Decks are not allowed to include more than 2 copies of each card.)
Apoqliphort Towers
Spellbook of Judgment
Gateway of the Six

Elemental Hero Stratos
Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
Substitoad
El Shaddoll Construct
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Lavalval Chain
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity

(The green-highlighted cards are thought to be too powerful or unbalanced to be included.)

Additionally, along with the standard banlist, some cards will be Limited or Banned. (Like before, the list will be updated depending what needs to be added/removed) The list applies even for the ED.

Honest (Limited)

All the cards which damage specific Attibutes/Types/Types of ED monsters (Limited)

Soul Charge (Banned)

Raigeki (Banned) - use another heavy monster-destruction card instead

Trihula (Banned)

Limiter Removal (Banned, only from the Decks which include many cards that increase ATK)

MST (Limited, unless an Archetype has very few or no card similar to it)

Every other total generic card (Limited)

[spoiler=Rule 4]i) The max. number of semi-generic cards in the MD (Main Deck) will be 10.
(by semi-generic, I mean those who have a basic relation to the archetype (Type/Attribute/Level etc.))
ii) The max. number of total generic cards in the MD (CotHBTHDark Hole etc.) will be 4.

iii) The max. number of non-archetypal cards in the ED will be 4 (or 6, if the Deck has 1 or less ED monsters).
iv) The Side Deck card limit is 10. You can add whatever you want (be aware of the banlist though) BUT only up to 3 total generic cards can be exchanged between duels (up to 2 for the ED). In other words, only up to 7 total generic can a Deck have after Siding (up to 6 non-archetypal for the ED).
NOTE: Cards from an Archetype are considered generic for another. E.g. Atlanteans can be used in a Mermail Deck but do not count as archetypal.

[spoiler=Rule 5]If two or more cards have the same basic function, those who relate more to the Deck (semi-generic or archetypal) have priority. Examples:
i) If you intend to use Compulsory in a Blackwing Deck, you should add at least 1 Black Return. Moreover, ZerofyneAlector and other cards (monsters or not) have priority over Veiler/Fiendish etc. Same goes for other cards like Icarus Attack and more.
ii) Harpies have Triangle Extacy Spark to negate Trap Cards' effects and prevent their activation. Trap Stun and similar cards come second.

iii) Six Samurais have several cards that increase/decrease the ATK of monsters, so semi-generic support like Sogen and Sword of Dragon's Souls come second. Subsequently, these 2 cards have priority over total generics, like Stim-Pack.

[spoiler=Cards that are, or can be considered, part of archetypes:]

• All (or most) of the cards that have "Monarchs" or "Vassal" in their name, except Gravekeeper's Vassal, for Monarchs. (Debatable, since some of the cards are not Monarchs-depended.)
  • Onslaught/Circle of the Fire Kings for Fire Kings.
  • Dark World Dealings/Grimoire/Lightning for Dark World.
  • DNA Transplant and Scroll of Bewitchment for Ally of Justice.
  • W Nebula Meteorite for Worms.
  • Future Vision for Fortune Ladies.
  • One RUM Card for a Deck that needs it for one or more ED monsters (unless it can utilize it by itself).
  • Polymerization can count as archetypal for Decks that need it but have (almost) no card to utilize its effect. Three example Decks are E-Heroes, Ojama and Roid (since Vehicroids are not the only Fusion monsters). Two anti-example Decks are Gem-Knight and Fluffal/Edge Imp. (NOTE: Be careful with the priorities; Dragon's Mirror and Overload Fusion are only two example cards to be aware of.)

[spoiler=Example deck]This is an example of a Blackwing Deck that is acceptable:
http://i.imgur.com/s2WZkgp.png

This, on the other hand, is not acceptable:
http://i.imgur.com/mlofNbD.png

The reasons:
i) Harpist is chosen over Pinaka.
ii) Compulsory is chosen over Black Return.
iii) There are 5 total generic cards in the MD.
iv) There are 5 semi-generic cards in the ED.
v) Black-Winged Strafe is missing. It may need a good setup and is weaker even from other synergetic cards BUT, since it's archetypal and there are many cards that can make it playable, its priority counts. (Now that I think of it, Defense Positioning is one of Blackwings' desired strategy, isn't it?)

[spoiler=Decks that can be used]

[spoiler=These Decks can be filled with the min. required archetypal cards, so they are the most viable choices (alphabetically ordered):]
Aesir/Nordic
Alien

Ally of Justice
Amazoness

Ancient Gear
Archfiend (all of them)
Blackwing
Bujin
Chronomaly
Cloudian
Constellar
Crystal Beast
Cyber Dragon
D/D - D/D/D
Dark World
Destiny Hero
Dododo/Gagaga/Gogogo (Gagaga can also be separate and playable)
Dragunity
Elemental Hero (pure, with Neos only) (with Masked Hero maybe??)
Evolsaur/Evoltile/Evolzar
Fire Fist/Fire Formation
Fluffal/Edge Imp/Frightfur
Galaxy/Photon
Gem-Knight
Ghostrick
Gishki
Gladiator Beast
Gravekeeper's/Necrovalley
Gusto
Harpies
Ice Barrier

Infernity
Infernoid
Inzektor
Karakuri
Koa'ki Meiru
Laval/Lavalval
Lightsworn
Madolche
Mecha Phantom Beast
Mermail (up to 4 Atlantean cards are allowed)
Monarchs/Vassals
Morphtronic
Naturia
Nekroz
Ninja/Ninjitsu Art
Noble Knights
Performapal
Spellbook/Prophecy
Raidraptor
Red-Eyes
Roid (w/o Speedroid)
Scrap
Six Samurai
Steelswarm/Evilswarm (Lswarm)
Stellarknight
Superheavy Samurai
Sylvan
The Sanctuary in the Sky (The Agents and others)
Toons
Vylon
Watt
Wind-Up
X-Saber
Yosenju

(The below Decks' min. requirement is 28 cards. This means up to 2 semi-/1 total generic card can be added.)
Black Luster Soldier
Burning Abyss
Fabled
Flamvell
Frog
Genex
Hieratic
Jurrac
Meklord
Melodious

Qliphort
Utopia/ZW
Worm (the archetype)
Synchron (26 cards min., not 28)

[spoiler=These Decks are allowed to have some (or all) of their cards at 3 in order to be within limits (this does not include the ED):]
Artifact
Dark Magician/-Girl/Timaeus
Fortune Lady

Heraldic Beast/Heraldry
Igknight
Majespecter
Shaddoll
Speedroid
T.G.

U.A.
Yang Zing
Zefra

(The below Decks' min. requirement is 28 cards. This means up to 2 semi-/1 total generic card can be added.)
Batteryman
Battlin' Boxer
Geargia
Gimmick Puppet
Heroic Challenger/-Champion
Machina
Mist Valley
Ojama
Reptiliane

Trains
Vampire (all the several monsters)
Volcanic/Blaze Accelerator

[spoiler=These are Decks who are close to the limit (and payable by themselves) so, if there is interest in them, 1-2 generic cards (that are absolutely fitting for the Deck) can be counted as archetypal:]Deskbot

Fire Kings
Hazy Flame
Performage

All good so far. However, I'd like to make a suggestion about selecting a Deck:
We can use a randomizer to help with the Decks raffle. How so? By letting everyone choose up to 3 desired Decks to use and randomly have one. The chosen Deck will be eliminated from the rest, continuing the procedure like this.
NOTE: When a randomly chosen deck is picked by a player and locked by the randomizer, that specific deck won't be available for any other player, so anyone else whose list includes it can pick another deck to fill the gap if they want to. If someone's list is invalid (because the player's chosen deck were all occupied), they have to renew it.
  Also, the reason for only pcking up to 3 is because I want the result to be closest to what you exactly want.

NOTE: Whenever a Deck is occupied, it will be struck through.

Ok, that's it for the decks. Now let's focus to the way we duel, the ranking etc.:

• We are playing Round Robin, meaning everyone will get the chance to duel everyone.
  • We are dueling in Matches.
  • The score of the winner of each Match will be increasing by 3. If the loser wins one of the duels within the Match, their score will be increased by 1. In case of disconnections, the remained duelist can screenshot the event and PM it to me (I don't want the thread to be overly extended). If one of the two duelists will have disconnected 3 times, the other one will win the Match and increase their score by 2.
  • Both players from each Match will need to inform about the result here.
  • If someone has not been active at all for a match or more, the participants who were supposed to duel them but never had any chance to duel will receive 1 point at the end of the tourney for every such case. E.g. If I haven't dueled (but was active) with 2 people, I'll receive 2 points.  (NOTE: This is not to be implemented until there is a valid way to do so. Else, we can do something better or not do a thing at all.)

There will be a prize for the 3 highest-scored players. Points and/or reps are in, maybe something else too.

[spoiler=DUELISTS STUFF]

[spoiler=Interested people:]EndUser - Steelswarm/Lswarm (decklist ok)
Cosmo. - Chronomaly (decklist ok)
Tyretian - Igknight 
(decklist ok)
Neo New Faytality - Raidraptor (decklist ok)
Tinkerer - Gagaga/Gogogo (decklist ok)
Kinka-Byo (Aquatic Ether Zerpant) - Vylon 
(decklist ok)
vla1ne - Batteryman (decklist ok)

Captain Kirk - Infrernoid (decklist ok)

Wildflame - Yosenju (decklist ok)
Saiku - Battlin' Boxer (waiting)   >dropped
Mr Spaz - Artifact (decklist ok)
Talim Rave - (Toons) 
(decklist ok)  >dropped

Bringerofcake - Karakuri (decklist ok)

VCR CAT - Galaxy/Photon (decklist ok)

DovaCardMaker - Fluffals (decklist ok)

Z-Rin - Elemental Hero (decklist ok)

shadowliepard - Gimmick Puppet (decklist ok)

[spoiler=DN usernames]
EndUser: vidacconly
Tyretian: Cap'n Bilge
Cosmo: sweetwitch
Kinka-Byo: Aez D'void
DovaCardMaker: [CO] Dova
vla1ne: vlaine-batteryman-
Mr Spaz: Mr Spaz
shadowliepard: shadow_liepard
Z-Rin: Hexanort
Wildflame: Wildflame
Captain Kirk: CKirkTOS
Tinkerer: tinkerer
Talim Rave: Tesability
Neo New Faytality: Faytl
VCR CAT: VCR CAT
Bringerofcake: bringerofcake

Missing names: Saiku

[spoiler=Parirings] (Remember,  there's no order to follow, nor specific time periods. We follow Round Robin after all.)

Cosmo.  -  Kinka-Byo

DovaCardMaker  -  Captain Kirk ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
Tinkerer  -  Neo New Faytality ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
VCR CAT  -  Z-Rin
shadowliepard  -  Talim Rave
Tyretian  -  Bringerofcake
Wildflame  -  Mr Spaz

Kinka-Byo  -  EndUser ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
Z-Rin  -  Tyretian
Talim Rave  -  Wildflame
Bringerofcake  -  Cosmo.
Mr Spaz  -  DovaCardMaker ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
shadowliepard  -  vla1ne
Captain Kirk  -  Tinkerer

Tinkerer  -  Mr Spaz
VCR CAT  -  shadowliepard ==> 2 - 0 // r: 3-0
Kinka-Byo  -  Bringerofcake
EndUser  -  Neo New Faytality ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
Wildflame  -  vla1ne ==> 2 - 0  // r: 3-0
Cosmo.  -  Z-Rin
DovaCardMaker  -  Talim Rave

Bringerofcake  -  EndUser
vla1ne  -  DovaCardMaker ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
Captain Kirk  -  Neo New Faytality ==> 2 - 1 // r: 3-1
Talim Rave  -  Tinkerer
Wildflame  -  VCR CAT
Z-Rin  -  Kinka-Byo
shadowliepard  -  Tyretian ==> 2 - 1 // r: 3-1

EndUser  -  Captain Kirk ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
Tyretian  -  Wildflame ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
Bringerofcake  -  Z-Rin
Cosmo.  -  shadowliepard
DovaCardMaker  -  VCR CAT ==> 2 -1 // r: 3-1
Neo New Faytality  -  Mr Spaz ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
Tinkerer  -  vla1ne

Talim Rave  -  Neo New Faytality
VCR CAT  -  Tinkerer
Mr Spaz  -  Captain Kirk ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
shadowliepard  -  Kinka-Byo
DovaCardMaker  -  Tyretian
Z-Rin  -  EndUser ==> 2 - 1 // r: 3-1
Wildflame  -  Cosmo.

EndUser  -  Mr Spaz ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
Bringerofcake  -  shadowliepard
Cosmo.  -  DovaCardMaker
Neo New Faytality  -  vla1ne ==> 2 - 1 // r: 3-1
Tinkerer  -  Tyretian
Captain Kirk  -  Talim Rave
Kinka-Byo  -  Wildflame

vla1ne  -  Captain Kirk ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
DovaCardMaker  -  Kinka-Byo
Talim Rave  -  Mr Spaz
Wildflame  -  Bringerofcake
Tinkerer  -  Cosmo.
shadowliepard  -  Z-Rin
VCR CAT  -  Neo New Faytality

Z-Rin  -  Wildflame
Neo New Faytality  -  Tyretian ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
EndUser  -  Talim Rave
Captain Kirk  -  VCR CAT
Kinka-Byo  -  Tinkerer ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
Mr Spaz  -  vla1ne ==> 2 - 0 // r: 3-0
Bringerofcake  -  DovaCardMaker ==> 2 - 1 // r: 3-1

shadowliepard  -  EndUser ==> 2 - 1  // r: 3-1
VCR CAT  -  Mr Spaz ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
Tinkerer  -  Bringerofcake
vla1ne  -  Talim Rave
DovaCardMaker  -  Z-Rin
Cosmo.  -  Neo New Faytality
Tyretian  -  Captain Kirk ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3

Captain Kirk  -  Cosmo.
shadowliepard  -  Wildflame
EndUser  -  vla1ne ==> 2 - 1 // r: 3-1
Mr Spaz  -  Tyretian ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
Neo New Faytality  -  Kinka-Byo ==> 2 - 1 // r: 3-1
Talim Rave  -  VCR CAT
Z-Rin  -  Tinkerer

Tyretian  -  Talim Rave
Kinka-Byo  -  Captain Kirk ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
VCR CAT  -  vla1ne
Neo New Faytality  -  Bringerofcake ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
Wildflame  -  EndUser
DovaCardMaker  -  shadowliepard
Cosmo.  -  Mr Spaz

EndUser  -  VCR CAT
shadowliepard  -  Tinkerer
Z-Rin  -  Neo New Faytality
Wildflame  -  DovaCardMaker
Talim Rave  -  Cosmo.
Captain Kirk  -  Bringerofcake
vla1ne  -  Tyretian ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
Mr Spaz  -  Kinka-Byo ==> 2 - 0 // r: 3-0

Cosmo.  -  vla1ne
Bringerofcake  -  Mr Spaz
Tyretian  -  VCR CAT
Kinka-Byo  -  Talim Rave ==> 2 - 0 // r: 3-0
Captain Kirk  -  Z-Rin ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3
Tinkerer  -  Wildflame ==> 2 - 1 // r: 3-1

DovaCardMaker  -  EndUser ==> 1 - 2 // r: 1-3

EndUser  -  Tyretian ==> 2 - 1 // r: 3-1
vla1ne  -  Kinka-Byo ==> 2 - 0 // r: 3-0
DovaCardMaker  -  Tinkerer ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
shadowliepard  -  Neo New Faytality
Mr Spaz  -  Z-Rin
VCR CAT  -  Cosmo.
Talim Rave  -  Bringerofcake

Tinkerer  -  EndUser ==> 2 - 0 // r: 3-0
Neo New Faytality  -  Wildflame
Z-Rin  -  Talim Rave
Cosmo.  -  Tyretian ==> 0 - 2 // r: 0-3
Bringerofcake  -  vla1ne
Kinka-Byo  -  VCR CAT
Captain Kirk  -  shadowliepard ==> 2 - 0 // r: 3-0

VCR CAT  -  Bringerofcake
EndUser  -  Cosmo.
shadowliepard  -  Mr Spaz ==> 2 - 0 // r: 3-0
Tyretian  -  Kinka-Byo
Wildflame  -  Captain Kirk
DovaCardMaker  -  Neo New Faytality

vla1ne  -  Z-Rin

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok, that was it with the delay. Saiku will join if possible, or not duel at all.

Of course, like I've been saying at the start, sorry if I won't be quick to check/update stuff etc. I can't do the job via phone better than with my laptop. (see 1st spoiler for more details)

DEADLINE OF TOURNAMENT: Sunday 13th, 8:00 (GMT +2), until further notice via post or an update here.

--Countdown--

[spoiler= ]saracorominas.gif

LET  THE  DUELS  BEGIN !!!

This was it. The tournament has finally ended !!

Did you enjoy it? Did you learn a thing or two? That's what matter! ;)

GONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYBODY FOR MAKING IT SO FAR!

The winners and their prizes are like this:

1st place:                               CAPTAIN KIRK , with a score of 25, way far from the rest of us. Impressive at least!

VPpRsqW.gif

(+500 points +4 reps)

2nd place:                                                            MR SPAZ , with a score of 16. Excellent job!

kN43NJx.png

(+300 points +3 reps)

3rd place:                                                         NEO NEW FAYALITY, with a score of 15. Well done!

nejDeTw.png

(+200 points +2 reps)

Of course, congratulations to everybody who helped keep the tournament alive!

Below is the rest of the scores:

4th:     EndUser  -  15

5th:     Tyretian  -  14
6th:     DovaCardMaker  -  12
7th:     Tinkerer  -  11
8th:     shadowliepard  -  9
9th:     Wildflame, vla1ne  -  7
10th:   Bringerofcake, Z-Rin  -  6
11th:   Kinka-Byo, VCR CAT  -  5
12th:   Cosmo, Talim Rave  -  0

I'll give 1 rep to Cosmo and Talim Rave, because seeing circles is... not always appealing.  ;)
As for the rest, [spoiler=1 rep will be given at random. The pick is vla1ne.]fa92d98da29297bf93811049fdcc10cf.gif

(For the winners: Sorry for the few points, but it's hard to make 100 posts just to regain 1000 points.)
(Also, for the reps: Since there's a limit to many we can give per day, it will take 2 days to give them all.)

Until next time...

THE   END
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like good fun. I'm just wondering:

Does the limit on archetypal/semi-generic/generic cards apply for the side deck?

Are you allowed to use a deck such as Trains, which while not an archetype has some very definite theme and support? 

I used Trains a while ago and I forgot about them. How stupid can I be?  :O

The Deck can be added as a choice, since I saw that the cards are enough to accept it (see update). The list can be seen here (NOTE: Only the archetypal cards, not the others): http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/333865-welcome-to-the-pain-train-a-comprehensive-guide-to-trains/

As for the Side Deck: I'm thinking of limiting the cards to 10, but there will be no restriction to what you can add (generic or not, ED monsters etc). HOWEVER, only up to 3 total generic cards (2 for the Extra Deck) can be exchanged, meaning that the Main Deck can have a max. of 7 total generic cards (and the ED up to 6 non-archetypal cards).

Sounds good?

Still interested.  If the rules changed, I'm gonna have to reread 'em.

They haven't. However, since some things were changed/re-written/added, it's good to have another look.  ;)

Btw, what pack are we going up to?

Also, I'm unsure of which archetype to go with now . I think I'm just gonna have a randomizer pick one (or three, or whatever) for me.

What do you mean by "pack"?

I think I'll go on with the randomizer thing, so you (and everybody else here) can pick the Decks you want (max. 3) and I'll do the rest.

By "pack," Tink meant that there are cards from, for example, Breakers of Shadow that have been released in the OCG, but have not seen release here in the TCG.

For example, the Superheavy Samurai pendulum monsters are in Breakers of Shadow.  Once breakers of shadow DOES release TCG side, we will have access to them, but since we are using the TCG banlist the TCG doesn't currently have access to them yet.

We could simply go by the generic rule of no pack restrictions, but that may somewhat contradict the TCG banlist, especially if certain exclusives are on the OCG limit regulation for how they have impacted the game.

Since this is such a casual tourney in theme, I wouldn't worry about it too much though.

The only problem is that some of the cards of the archetype i chose are only OCG right now.

Also, since i'm participating, you can expect some very bad card reading by me, and also some possible not knowledge of how some stuff works.

Such as missing timing, like ????????

Such as missing timing, like ????????

Missing timing is actually pretty simple:

• If a trigger effect uses "When" to start the sentence, then it's effect must immediately follow the effect in question in chain linking.  if your opponent activates an effect the link after that trigger would happen, then it can't immediately follow it, so it "missed it's chance" or "missed it's timing" to activate.
  • If a trigger effect uses "If" to start the sentence, then it doesn't really matter when in the chain that trigger happened, so you can simply activate it when you are first able.  "If" clause triggers never miss timing.

So you only really have to be concerned if your effect says "When," and even then, your opponent needs to have something that can immediately activate in response to the trigger in question.  There is 1 special case however:

• For a "When" clause, if the trigger happens at resolution of 1 card, but that 1 card is not the last card in the chain link, then, like before, the effect will never actually have an opportunity to respond, since it needs to happen immediately after

alright, if it's up, i'm in!

EDIT: also judgment, gateway, and towers, even at 1 are way too powerful in their respective decks. the fact that each deck would be somewhat weakened wouldn't even factor in against most of the lower tier stuff. gateway is practically infinite summons, judgment is loopable plusses, and towers outright kills many decks on this list once it hits field.

There won't be any restriction to OCG exclusive cards. It's pointless, because some Decks can either lose potential or not be... more completed than they will otherwise.

alright, if it's up, i'm in!

EDIT: also judgment, gateway, and towers, even at 1 are way too powerful in their respective decks. the fact that each deck would be somewhat weakened wouldn't even factor in against most of the lower tier stuff. gateway is practically infinite summons, judgment is loopable plusses, and towers outright kills many decks on this list once it hits field.

You were already added. I'll just highlight you.  ;)

Also, I'll take your opinion on the cards above into consideration.

FRIENDLY REMINDER: Keep your eyes at the OP for when is it updated.

Additionally, you can all pick up to 3 Decks and I'll use a randomizer software to choose them for you.

I don't know if I was clear enough with the Decks' selection, so I'll say this:

When a randomly chosen deck is picked by a player, that specific deck won't be available for any other player, so anyone else whose list includes it can pick another deck to fill the gap if they want to. If someone's list is invalid (because the player's chosen deck were all occupied), they have to renew it.

Also, the reason for only pcking up to 3 is because I want the result to be closest to what you exactly want.

Is it fair?  :/ 

I wanna see how well koaki can do if i fully focus on it. but i need to have core @3, it's literally the heart and soul of the deck.

I'll add a list at the OP with important cards that need to be @3.

Archived