The time has come, the Arch-volution is starting!

For me the changing deck thing is fun, maybe we can lottery between the 2 other decks we chose.

I'd prefer to keep my deck between rounds, but I'd be fine either way.

It's a 50/50 idea. It may be good for not getting bored, but it has its risks (abstract results, unfair advantage/disadvantage or something else), so I'd say no.

However, there are 2 things I can recommend (but only 1 will be accepted):

1) Lower the min. archetypal cards requirement to 28 instead of separating decks for it (i.e. 30 or 28)

2) Each player can change 1 MD or ED card with 1 whatever card they want after 2 consecutive wins (which will apply for the whole tournament)

This is the final change I can make (I can't keep changing things all the time).

Is Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer considered archetypal in Igknights?

The only information I could gether is from the Wiki (haven't searched thouroughly though). Igknights is only a related (or mentioned, I'd say) archetype while Dracoslayer is more relevant.

Either way, there is no Igknight Tuner so whatever Tuner monster you add will count as non-archetypal.

Oh! and something else: The submissions and joining deadline is gonna be the oncoming Thusday (unless two previously-interested people join before then) because...  time.  :)

...And here are the rest of the results:

[spoiler=Saiku: Battlin' Boxer]fbf2494ae791681cac6877a43639d528.png

[spoiler=Cosmo: Chronomaly]9f6b26bdd668b802f9b6609c2218ef5c.png

(people who may want a 2nd chance because of less choices)

[spoiler=Mr Spaz: Artifact]25f59b07f52ec3fd3fe99d5e70b0f3d1.png

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you want us to choose three, but there's only one listed archetype deck that I will consider running, and that is my precious Toons. If I must pick two others, I will, but I won't be able to play them with as much gusto as I will my precious cartoon allies.

Here's what we can do: Start building your Toon deck and submit it. If at least one person appears that will have Toons as 1 of their picks (and if the randomizer happens to choose it), then you'll need to make 2 more picks and use the randomizer too.

(I'd suggest you try making a basic structure for 2 more choices just in case).

Can Chronomalies have Nebra at 3? Or can they have any card at 3? i'm not sure which card they desperately need

That would be Nebra, although Chronomaly already meets the archetypal requirement, so I don't think that would be allowed.

Also, would Malevolent Catastrophe and MST be considered semi-generic for Artifacts?

Also, would Malevolent Catastrophe and MST be considered semi-generic for Artifacts?

Doubtful, artifacts already have ignition, which is basically a better MST in artifacts, both malevolent and MST have neither imagery nor effects that give them relation to any specific archtype. Cards like krystia, celetial transformation and cards from the sky would be a better fit.

Alright, now a question of my own.

Toon World/Toon Kingdom. Since a lot of Toon-related cards require either of these cards on the field to work, would either of these be at three?

There are 2 kinds of "Toon World" to use and there is also a searcher, so objectively speaking, it's a no. However, since it's difficult to find something as semi-generic for this Deck, we can count cards like Terraforming, Planet Pathfinder and Demise of the Land.

With so many choices, I doubt you'll have a problem. Is there something big I'm missing here?

I am interested and pick:

- Trains

- Galaxy/Photon

- Superheavy Samurai

No problem.

Did you read the rules beforehand, though?

[spoiler=VCR CAT: Galaxy/Photon]0f4c0c71a72cbc1ffb00c6bf0155834b.png

[spoiler=shadowliepard: Gimmick Puppet]ad98a1850b2977eb7d3c1af651c43cab.png

[spoiler=DovaCardMaker: Fluffals]bb80028afeca2317a6c3be23bebc6a71.png

[spoiler=Z-Rin: Elemental Hero]41166dda1d69446d149dbf3c38a5c3c5.png

P.S. I've expanded the deadlines a bit, up to Saturday 14th, but this is final. We can't wait for an eternity after all!

I recommended you start building and submitting your decks. The sooner I have them all, the sooner we'll begin.  ;)

(important to reply quickly)

S.O.S. :  I've already stated that some cards that will be found to be too strong at 2 or more will be Limited, so expect changes at this part too (with your help, of course).

You can check the OP's last update's time to know if something has changed.

(Most of the time, the changes will be minor and you'll usually know about them through posts, but a quick look never hurts)

Doubtful, artifacts already have ignition, which is basically a better MST in artifacts, both malevolent and MST have neither imagery nor effects that give them relation to any specific archtype. Cards like krystia, celetial transformation and cards from the sky would be a better fit.

Ignition: Already have at 3 in deck

Malevolent: One of the better enablers for Artifacts; also destroys opponent's S/T 

Kristya: Kind of defeats the purpose of a deck with little to no ability to Normal Summon (Literally, the only Level 4 or lower monster in the deck is 1 copy of Honest because it's limited by the tournament rules)

Celestial Transformation & Cards from the Sky: Fair enough

1) Can I get a clarification on the Extra Deck? the non-archetypal card in the ED don't care if they're semi-generic or not, right?

2) And how do you want us sending you our decks?

1) The max. number of non-archetypal cards in the ED will be 4 (or 6, if the Deck has 1 or less ED monsters).

Exactly.  ;)

2) As a written decklist (prefered with an accompanying picture), via PM.

Ah, Destiny was not on my side. Anyways, I have questions as to these cards if I can run them at 3:

- Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon (arguably one of the most important cards in the deck)

- Galaxy Knight (fairly crucial for most R8 plays)

- Galaxy Soldier maybe...?

Also, the S/T department is pretty light (lol) on good cards, so if Galaxy Expidition/Zero could be at 3 that would be cool, but not entirely necessary. Other cards I'm wondering about include:

- Tachyon traps/cards

- RUM

Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon can be Summoned or searched via multiple methods: Galaxy Knight/Soldier/Wizard/Cloud Dragon/Paladin/Expedition/Zero and maybe others. I'm not saying they're all very good or useful, but not many decks can do all this stuff. Moreover, there are very few cards whose effects depends entirely on Dragon (most importantly the Ritual, Dimensional Wanderer and Knight, only the last one being very useful).

Unless there is a serious reason to allow it at 3, I can't.

As for Knight and Soldier, Expendition is very good with them and Zero can help immensely as well. I could let one ot two of them to be at 3, but the purpose is to make a deck with a variety of cards, so I have to dissapoint you for now.

The Tachon cards are only Galaxy/Photon-related cards, of course you can use them. However, Transmigration is very powerful and it's possible to be Limited for the tourney.

Finally, it's ok to use RUM cards, since some of the Xyzs require them.

NOTE to everybody: Since (almost) all of you have picked a deck, wouldn't Limiting some cards be best done now?

Every suggestion you make will be added to the OP.

(To avoid over-posting, only serious replies or PM me)

I feel like we should limit or ban the light/shadow prison mirrors.. Since i've saw that a few of us have decks that are mostly light or darkness.

I've already said that such cards (e.g. the abovementioned, Rivalry of Warlords, DNA Transplant etc. etc.) will be Limited; I don't think 1 copy of them can hurt that much...

Archived