[Help] Not A Tipicle Question?

Hey! So today My best friend and myself are going to our local YGO tournament. Now I haven't really thought in depth about this before, but I've had some recent epiphanies. So for local yugioh Saturday and Sunday tournament particapents for a sanctioned YGO local event pay a fee of 5.00$s per person and then usually go through 4 rounds of swiss to see who makes top 4. But I've noticed lately anyone who doesn't make top 4 just wasted 5$s. Now I use to go play at another store before coming to this one and all participants got a pack before the tournament started. But at this store that's not the case.

My question is: is it normal for sanctioned YGO local events to not give out pack(s) to paying particapents for the cost of the fee?

Yeah I have raised the question to the store owners before, being friends and all, my only responces ive been given is either " Konami leaves it up to the store owners discretion" or " giving packs for entry takes away possible credit they are allowed to give as compensation to the top 4, 1st being 20$ credit, 2nd 15-18$ credit, 3rd 12-14$ crest, 4th 8-11$ credit." So yeah here you make top 4 or waste 5$ and I'm not sure how I feel about this since it's the only store I can go to whith in reasonable and possible distance.

It would be fair to all participants, but as the store owners said, it's their choice, and their choice is to not give packs for entering the tournament. Either deal with the way that store operates or find another store. Or go back to the last store, if it's open.

My local yugioh club does a tournament every other week. They cost £3.50 to enter, but you always get at least one of the current main series booster pack, which always cost £2.99 round where I live, so each tournament costs 51p basically, unless I come 3rd, 2nd or 1st, in which case I get 2 packs, 3 packs or 4 packs respectively, and thus make a "profit". $5 and no guaranteed pack sounds like a rip-off, if you can, find another club.

I wish I could honestly, where I live its difficult to locate a store that wants to support YGO local events. The las store I was with, their YGO manager basically messed with every into a point that store doesn't offer yugioh product anymore. My only problem as I said is having a competitive deck and getting tossed out of top 4 and wasting 5$s. Its what it is though I guess.

It's not that uncommon. My locals isn't currently sanctioned by Konami because they moved so they're in the process of getting a new business license. We do 5$ entry per person and it usually ends up being 35$ to 1st, 25$ to second, and then 10-15$ to 3rd and fourth.

Once they do have astral packs, it'll remain 5$ entry, but the prize payout pool will decrease by 2$ for each AP.

I don't mind it much, honestly.

Archived