[AGM] Space Mermaid Archetype

The Nyx Avatar

[spoiler=Show Monster Cards]
Vj4CW1M.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can banish 1 "Space Mermaid" monster with a different name from your Deck; draw 1 card. During your Main Phase: You can Synchro Summon 1 "Space Mermaid" monster using this banished card by returning it to the Graveyard.

Fn2b3ot.jpg

LORE:Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Space Mermaid" monster from your hand or Graveyard to target 1 monster on the field; this card gains ATK equal to that target's ATK. During your Main Phase: You can Synchro Summon 1 "Space Mermaid" monster using this banished card by returning it to the Graveyard.

0Lxmpb3.jpg

LORE:Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Space Mermaid" monster from your hand or Graveyard; double this card's original ATK until the End Phase. During your Main Phase: You can Synchro Summon 1 "Space Mermaid" monster using this banished card by returning it to the Graveyard.

cGmxca3.jpg

LORE:Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Space Mermaid" monster from your hand or Graveyard; gain 1000 Life Points. During your Main Phase: You can Synchro Summon 1 "Space Mermaid" monster using this banished card by returning it to the Graveyard.

qwBRPc1.jpg

LORE:Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish 1 "Space Mermaid" monster from your hand or Graveyard to target 1 monster on the field; negate its effect(s) (even in the Graveyard). During your Main Phase: You can Synchro Summon 1 "Space Mermaid" monster using this banished card by returning it to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Show Synchro monsters]
bz6tJ2Q.jpg

LORE:You can only Synchro Summon 1 "Space Mermaid Hoshihime" once per turn. When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can banish up to 3 "Space Mermaid" monsters from your Graveyard; gain 800 Life Points for each. During your Main Phase: You can Synchro Summon 1 "Space Mermaid" monster using this banished card by returning it to the Graveyard.

47JulQ0.jpg

LORE:1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card is unaffected by your opponent's Trap effects. Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Space Mermaid" monster from your hand or Graveyard; destroy 1 card on the field. During your Main Phase: You can Synchro Summon using this banished card by returning it to the Graveyard.

nN0gham.jpg

LORE:1 "Space Mermaid" Tuner monster + 2 or more non-Tuner "Space Mermaid" monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be destroyed by card effects. You cannot Summon other monsters while you control this card. Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Space Mermaid" monster from your hand or Graveyard; all other monsters on the field lose ATK equal to the banished card's ATK.

This is a nice archtype and i really like the main concept of it. If this was meant to be in TCG they would all get their artworks changed lol. The main problem i saw was that "Space Mermaid Seacile" can go up to 3800 for nothing. Their has to be a bigger cost because it is simple to just banish a mermaid from grave, and then from their you can synchro and possibly get rid of stuff and have a great amount of field presense in basically only one card. 3800 is a little too much. I say reduce the orginal attack to 1500 or 1600 so that it could be 3000 at maximum. 

Overall i really loved the concept and their artwork but that one card is a bit too much. Keep up the good work.

Wow, it's a shame no one has commented on these. I think you've come up with a really original concept here - I don't think I've seen the idea of Synchro Summoning while banished done anywhere else. I won't touch too much upon the artwork here, but upon the effects/balance of the cards themselves.

I think it's a bit wild that you can banish with cards like Hoshihime to gain up to 2400 LP (at least 1600, for sure, if you banish the two Synchro Material Monsters used to play her)... And then immediately return those banished monsters to the Graveyard to Synchro Summon another Hoshihime, banish the same materials for another 1600 LP, and repeat for the third Hoshihime to gain yet another 1600 LP, and then re-use the materials again to Synchro into a regular Level 4 like Armory Arm. So with just the two original Synchro Material Monsters you used to summon the first Hoshihime, you have gained at the very least 4800 LP and Synchro Summoned 3 Level 4 Tuner Synchro Monsters, which can then be used to Synchro Summon into stronger monsters, or to summon any number of powerful Rank 4 XYZ monsters. It's just way too much that you can do with just two cards, and way too much LP gained in one turn. I would either implement a once per turn on Hoshihime's banishing effect, or make it so that you can only conduct 1 Space Mermaid "banished Synchro Summon" per turn.

Seacile, even with the (assumed) ATK reduction, remains way too powerful. A Level 4 shouldn't be able to double its ATK to 3200 with such ease (Injection Fairy Lily, for example, requires 2000 LP). An ATK of 3200 lets it bowl over most, if not all, major boss monsters, with the exception of Felgrand, who would have to sacrifice an XYZ to negate her ability. Not to mention, the ATK doubling lasts until your next Standby Phase, so it's not like her ATK drops to normal during the opponent's turn, allowing them to destroy her by battle. Normally, I would say, "Alright, well, how much use are you really going to get out of her, it's not like you can just continually refill your Graveyard..." Except with the banished Synchro mechanic, you can. There's a reason cards like Burial from the Different Dimension are limited. Because the ability to restock your Graveyard for removal effects is powerful. The same thing goes with Aquaria: she basically trumps any opponent's monster in battle by gaining their ATK. Not to mention that her effect is permanent, the way you currently have it worded, which is pretty ridiculous. I would perhaps recommend making the ATK boost last until the End Phase, or making the ATK boost permanent, but only equal to the ATK of the banished Space Mermaid (or perhaps half of it, because even then, a Level 2 able to suddenly jump to 2200+ ATK on summon is concerning).

Anyway, long story short, great concept, but currently, the execution is a little overpowered.

honestly the concept is overpowered from the very first place

Under Macro Cosmos, you are able to literally summon 2 of any same level synchro you want, and any subsequent synchro summons using cards from banished are in the form of a +1. Looooots of restrictions need to be put in place. For example. Only able to use 1 from banished so the summon isn't a literal 1. Limit the synchro pool to either WATER or Archetype-only so you dont end up with stupid things like double Level 6/Level 8 synchroes, such as HRDA/Stardust or HTS Psyhemuth/Goyo fields.

Archived