[Discussion] What genre of RP interests you most now?

Choose!  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now!

• Classic fantasy.
    • Urban fantasy.
    • Science fiction.
    • Adventure/exploration/eating the scenic eye candy.
    • Realistic - includes crime/noir.
    • Heroes/powers.
    • Mindfuckery.
    • Others, please describe.

I like most any RP I lay eyes on as long as I can understand it, but there are some types I like more than others.

Classic fantasy is an eternal classic I never grow weary of.  It's hard to seriously ruin this type of RP, even for an inexperienced host/writer, which makes it all the better.

Sci-fi is a rare treat, and always one I try to sink my teeth into so that I'm not constantly just throwing fireballs around and swinging around a giant sword.  It's also interesting since it has just as much potential - if not more - for ideas than fantasy.

Heroes/powers is always an exciting type of RP to partake in, which is why it's a common theme among RPs I join/create.  Of course, I'm an unoriginal funk so others usually have more interesting powers than me =w=;

At this point, anything other than funking YGO.

Fixed :P

Seriously though, I don't have any major preference. As long the plot isn't too complicated and it sounds like it'd hold up, and the RP doesn't belong to a franchise that I'm not familiar with as well, chances are I'll look at it and maybe sign up.

Though we haven't seen any crime/noir ones all that much...

Mitchers, I tried not once but four times to start stat-based RPs, and I got like two people each and they died in under a week.

'S just not happening.

As it is, I've done all kinds of different RPs, although I'm best when there's someone as dedicated as I am to bounce off of.

This being YCM, I have not been seen at my best on this site.

Mitchers, I tried not once but four times to start stat-based RPs, and I got like two people each and they died in under a week.

'S just not happening.

As it is, I've done all kinds of different RPs, although I'm best when there's someone as dedicated as I am to bounce off of.

This being YCM, I have not been seen at my best on this site.

Tell me about it.

Anyways, I love the fantasy style rps... Yugioh rps... Pokemon rps... Sci fi is fun.

I just wish they wouldn't keep dying.

Oh yeah I should write things.

I'm kinda bored of superpower stuff after seeing so many of them, though I still will join some.

I want...something...with characters that aren't really strong, without special powers. Not necessarily weak characters but...

Also modern realistic mystery, drama, slice-of-life, anything not action/adventure.

Though I still won't say no to good ol' fantasy.

I really do want a noir/crime style RP with some fantasy element going, but mystery and problemsolving in general is a jabroni to implement, and especially in a forum-based RPs.

If anyone knows of a way that wouldn't cheapen the feel, i'd be very glad to talk more about it to you.

Well if you don't make the mystery element into a game, it'd be easier.

I really do want a noir/crime style RP with some fantasy element going, but mystery and problemsolving in general is a jabroni to implement, and especially in a forum-based RPs.

If anyone knows of a way that wouldn't cheapen the feel, i'd be very glad to talk more about it to you.

Designate one player as the detective and another one as the culprit. Have every other suspect play a role in either deceiving or helping the detective in some way. And at the end of the RP, give the detective a choice a la Persona 4's end game where they have to pick one of the RP characters/NPCs to accuse.

Came up with it just now but, dunno if that'll work or if its how most mystery RPs already go. Maybe give the detective some special privilege?

Thanks for posting this, Rinne. Personally, I think what I'd be most interested in seeing right now would be a good science fiction RP. It's actually the genre that has the most potential, I think, just because you can create planets, races, etc., as needed. I wouldn't say no to something campy like Star Wars (because, come on, it's Star Wars!) but what I'd really love to participate in would be a Metroid RP (or some other concept that manages to successfully combine high-powered technology, aliens, horror, and moody exploration in exotic locales).

Tell me about it.

Anyways, I love the fantasy style rps... Yugioh rps... Pokemon rps... Sci fi is fun.

I just wish they wouldn't keep dying.

*Cough cough* CYCLE *Cough cough* Bound Hearts

It kind of annoys me that I've never seen an RP through its first arc, though my favourites are Yugioh and Pokemon stuff.

I tend to lose interest in action-adventure-y RPs (eg. Undertakers), since it's hard to keep track of powers, the large amount of stuff that's happening, etc.

Okay I will just say this kinda pisses me off as there are currently a grand total of two Pokemon RPs and one recently dead one.

Had more to say about the subject but I'll come back to it later.

Jajajajajajaja

But really though I do want more Pokemon RPs, preferably until I get one suited for me. Heck, I'm going to port a few Pokemon RPs from another forum soon.

I want more Fantasy Roleplays really.

Archived