Official Character Review Thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oi you two want me to review your 2.0 versions instead? (if so edit the quoted posts with the correct links)

(Also sorry it'll be a bit to get to them cause dayum I'm busy lately but should have some downtime soon)

I think Reviewing 1.0 would be fine, since not much has changed. That, and I could also get a feel for what else I can change up about 'em. 

I could use some critique. Tear him to sheds if you like. Character is in the spoiler, Here's the OP.

[spoiler=Sei Ishikawa]6V9XoB0.png

"Go ahead. You can start whatever you want to. But we both know who's going to finish it."

Name: Sei Ishikawa

Signer Mark: Head

[spoiler=Physical Description]GdcpNPR.jpg

Whether he's trying to or not, Sei tends to stand out from other residents of Neo Domino City. For starters, despite being half-Japanese, Sei looks very much like his Caucasian birth mother, with a fair complexion, long-ish red hair, and murky blue eyes. This often causes him to be mistaken for a foreigner rather than a local, though his fluent Japanese and local accent often serves to correct people. He's also on the tall side, standing at exactly 6 feet. Sei has a thin frame, however years and years of daily workouts and Kadoken training have granted Sei a good deal of extra muscle mass and tone. In other words, he's in top physical shape shape, though between his tendency to slouch and his baggy clothing this is sometimes hard to notice. Sei is most often seen wearing the above outfit (or some variation thereof) and a pair of boots, though he'll occasionally forego it in favor of sweats if he's relaxing or, if he's training, a gi. No matter what he's wearing though, Sei is rarely if ever shirtless, and always sports a pair of black fingerless gloves in order to cover up some pretty nasty looking scars on his torso and left hand. The gloves also serve to protect his hands when he's striking something and give him a better grip when he's riding his D-Wheel. Sei can also occasionally be seen carrying around a white wooden staff, which he uses for martial arts training as well as self defense if he has it handy. 

Sei's duel disk is a white-silver hybrid type of the make commonly found in old satellite half a century ago (that is to say, an updated KC MKII). Its been modified slightly in order to wirelessly interface with his D-Wheel, allowing Sei to remove it from the vehicle mid-turbo duel and continue to duel after he has gotten off of it. Sei's D-Wheel is a custom model designed for precise handling and rough terrain called Steed. Steed is equipped with a speed drive, and as such it boasts increased performance when compared to more contemporary models. It also comes equipped with speed counter-activated omni-directional thrusters that provide additional speed and maneuverability. Since acquiring it, Sei has modified and upgraded its autopilot software and installed more precise hydraulic controls to allow Steed to drive itself completely unassisted. This allows him to disembark mid-duel and continue to play, while Steed remotely follows the wireless signal given off by Sei's duel disk. When riding his D-Wheel, Sei forgoes a helmet in favor of a pair of aviator goggles in order to protect his eyes. "Helmets itch," so he says.

[spoiler=Personality]Irreverent, cocky, and almost contemptuously smug, with a quick wit and an an infuriatingly nonchalant attitude, Sei very often rubs others the wrong way. At first glance, he appears to be indifferent and overly snarky, with a nasty habit of tossing around backhanded compliments and other passive-aggressive jabs at those around him. In short, he comes off arrogant, misanthropic, and callous. In actuality however, Sei is a very guarded individual; his smug indifference is a facade that serves as an interpersonal barrier. He avoids becoming close with others on purpose, partially due to the natural cautiousness that comes from living in crime-ridden Center Domino, and partially due to rather recent emotional trauma resulting from the loss of his adoptive parents and foster brother. This is especially true in regards to the latter, as the guilt he feels over Yuu's death has prevented him from opening up to anyone about his pain and guilt, both for fear of causing further harm or becoming a burden, as well as an already present inability to properly convey his emotions to others. In short, Sei keeps his true feelings, good and bad, hidden from those around him at all times behind a facade of passive-aggressive indifference, and should that mask come off, he'd still have trouble figuring out how to properly convey his emotions.   

Despite these difficulties though, those who manage to get past Sei's barriers and interpret the few signals he does give off will find a fiery, dedicated individual behind the mask. As those who grew up with him can attest, Sei shares some of the same steadfast personality traits as his foster sister Raiko. He firmly believes in the philosophy of might for right, often disregarding the tenants of  Torappu Kadoken and making use of his rather formidable martial arts skills on behalf of others. Of course, this means he tends to pick fights and become involved in the affairs he would otherwise have no business in, and naturally this tends to cause problems for him. He's not necessarily eager to come to blows, but between his off-putting attitude and his tendency to stick his nose where it doesn't belong this oftentimes means that fists are the end result, and Sei is never afraid to throw the first punch. In short, Sei will, with very few exceptions, always do what he feels is the right thing to do, regardless of the sometimes extreme harm it may cause to himself. Indeed, Vivian Craft once said of him "He's completely fearless. Its almost like no one ever taught Sei how to be intimidated." This description is a bit hyperbolic, of course, but Sei nonetheless displays an extraordinary disregard for his own inhibitions, almost to the point of recklessness. He pursues a goal absolutely with no regard for any setbacks that may occur along the way. Naturally, this means that he thrives in high stakes situations like turbo duels, where his mastery over his own fear allows him to stay cool under pressure and succeed in taking calculated risks that others might find too reckless. To say he's as stubborn as his sister would be wrong though. Rather, if Raiko is an immovable stone, then Sei is a gale: moving violently in one direction with little regard for what gets swept away in the process.

Alignment: Neutral, and he's rather vocal about his dislike for both sides.

[spoiler=Deck]Sei has used a Dragunity deck since he first learned to play duel monsters. His play style is very reflective of the Torappu Kadoken he studied growing up, with an emphasis on reacting to and outplaying an opponent as opposed to a more direct offense. His cards tend to be strong offensively, but also adaptable, making use of his Synchro Monsters and Dragunity equips as vanguards to strengthen his field while inhibiting his opponent's growth, and then going in for the kill with versatile beaters like Dragunity Knight Barcha and favorite Dragunity Arma Caliburn. When Sei finds himself facing down a more powerful field than his own, he resorts to his Ace: Saber Wing Dragon, who's survivability and unorthodox effect allows him to bounce back from a losing situation.. Since leaving Neo Domino city, Sei's deck has diversified some, now including more generic dragon support cards like Castle of Dragon's Souls, Dragon's Rebirth, and Dragon Shrine as well as a few contingency staples like Burial from a Different Dimension and Crow Hogan favorite Icarus Attack. He's also added a few new Synchro monster cards to his extra deck including Vortex the Whirlwind and Red Wyvern.

Signer Dragon: Saber Wing Dragon

[spoiler=Custom Cards]Saber Wing Dragon

Dragunity Arma Caliburn

Dragunity Caltrops

Dragunity Chariot

Dragunity Cuirass

Dragunity Knight Longinus

Dragunity Legion's Fortress

Dragunity Scourge

[spoiler=Dragunity Standard]Dragunity Standard
Equip Spell
A monster equipped with this card is treated as a "Dragunity" monster. When your opponent declares an attack: you can change the attack target to the monster equipped with this card. During your main phase, while you control this face up card: you can add 1 "Dragunity" tuner from your graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Dragunity Standard" once per turn.

[spoiler=Biography]Sei was born to a poor couple in center domino. The son of a Municipality construction worker, Sei's mother died soon after he was born from an illness (Sei honestly can't remember what he was told she came down with), and he spent his earliest years with his father. When he was 3 however, Mr. Ishikawa was killed in an on-site accident. Now orphaned, Sei was taken in by the Musashibo Kadoken dojo and formally adopted into the owner's family soon after. 

It took him some time, but eventually Sei grew accustomed to his new surroundings and adoptive siblings. Yuu, the brother, was the oldest by a year. Though the two had some trouble getting along at first, they ultimately bonded over their martial arts study, as well as the game of Duel Monsters that they learned alongside it. Being similar in size to one another, Yuu and Sei became sparring partners, and as they grew older developed a highly competitive, but friendly, rivalry with one another, with Yuu excelling in Kadoken while Sei edged slightly ahead in his skill at Duel Monsters. Both boys doted on their younger sister Raiko, who was barely a year old when Sei was adopted (and went a few years before being made aware that Sei wasn't her biological brother). When the two would fight, it was usually Raiko who would get between them, the slim young girl refusing to budge an inch until her brothers made peace. After a few of years Sei had become an integral part of the family, helping to teach Kadoken to local children alongside Yuu, as well as Raiko when she became old enough to join them.

One of these local children was Vivian Craft, who, through both her looks and her remarkable skill in Kadoken and Duel Monsters, endeared herself to both Sei and Yuu. As the siblings entered adolescence, Vivian began to take Raiko under her wing, and the four teenagers soon became an extremely tight knit clique. Being both headstrong and the middle child, Sei tended to get himself into trouble, with the level-headed Yuu and the even more stubborn Raiko often having to reign their brother in. Vivian, who for the most part tended to be just as headstrong as Sei, tended to go along with him, and due to both this and their shared knack for Duel Monsters the two became quite close, often confiding in one another.

18 months ago however, the Zero Reverse claimed the lives of Sei's adoptive parents, and soon after Center became host to Satisfaction's violent reactionaries. The siblings focused on fixing up the dojo that had been their home, teaching Kadoken classes to help support themselves while Vivian pursued her dreams of stardom, making use of some her prize money to help her friends get back on their feet. Sei had a great deal of difficulty dealing with the loss of his foster parents, retreating into himself and adopting his flippant, smug attitude. This caused friction with both his siblings and best friend, and Sei began striking out on his own, his attitude causing him to run afoul of Satisfaction's rather irate members.

It didn't take very long for this to catch up to Sei and his family, ultimately resulting in a series of rather violent confrontations with some of Satisfaction's more rabid members. Sei was left scarred, both by stab wounds, and by the death of Yuu, who had stepped in to help his younger brother.

Overcome with guilt and unable to properly cope with the death of his brother, Sei quietly skipped town soon after, leaving Raiko to run the dojo on her own. He's spent the past year traveling; honing his skills in both Kadoken and Duel monsters in an attempt to re-center himself. During this time, he found work with a D-Wheel mechanic, learning the basics of the trade as well as how to turbo duel. On a whim, he entered a few tournaments and ultimately found himself working his way up the ladder, earning himself a custom D-Wheel in a prize match and, surprisingly, an invitation to join Neo Domino's pro circuit.

Seeing an opportunity, Sei has returned to his home town, both to seek his fortune, and eventually to muster up the courage to make amends with his family and friends. All the while, the situation in Neo domino has become progressively more volatile, with his former best friend leading a crusade of her own against Satisfaction. 

[spoiler=Misc. Information][spoiler=Character Themes]Theme: Raise your Flag- Man with a Mission

Turbo Duel Entrance Theme: Flying in the Sky (instrumental)

Duel Theme: Strongest Card~ King of Hearts

Synchro Summon Theme: Clear and Serene

Like his siblings, Sei is extremely proficient in the art of Torappu Kadoken, having practiced the martial art almost daily since he was a young child. Thanks to Sei's bond with his Dragunity monsters, his duel stances allow him to move and react at high speeds as well as augment his strikes with fierce gusts of wind that are strong enough to knock a person off balance at a distance. Due to his deck's focus on handheld weapons, Sei has also become quite adept at using his quarterstaff, oftentimes incorporating it into his sparring duel techniques. Like many other Kadoken practitioners, Sei opts to fight alongside the solid vision holograms of his monsters, most notably riding Saber Wing Dragon into battle and wielding any of the cards he equips to it himself.

[spoiler=Trivia]Sei won his Saber Wing Dragon from Yuu Musashibo in a duel, after the latter acquired it during a trip to Satellite.

Sei's favorite card is Dragunity Arma Caliburn, both because of its status as the ace card of his main deck as well as its significance as the first "Dragunity" monster he ever owned.

Sei has a sweet tooth, and is especially fond of sour candies. His love for them is strong enough that he can be bribed with them for small favors.

Sei is a bit scatterbrained, often misplacing things he owns or bouncing from one train of thought to another. He may have mild Attention Deficit Disorder.

[spoiler=Summon Chants]Non-Dragunity Synchro Monster: The winds of change howl as the tide of battle shifts! Take to the skies and walk a new path! Synchro Summon! ______!

Dragunity Knight: The gathering storm calls out to those who seek victory! Proud lance, tear open the sky and make your stand! Synchro Summon! Dragunity Knight ______!

Dragunity Arma Caliburn: The souls of the legion gather for the righteous! Take their strength and become their blade of hope! I summon you! Dragunity Arma Caliburn!

Saber Wing Dragon: These shattered skies await those with burning hearts and blazing wings! We shine as we slash the storm before us! Synchro Summon! My sword! Saber Wing Dragon! Lets fly!

Time to finish up the first page!

Aw heck it why not?

RP: Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods

Character: Needlepoint (who is my first really in-depth character)

Wreck me pls

[spoiler=Well you asked...]

Was “Thool” a pun on “Spool”? I really really hope so cause that’s cute. Anyway I won’t lie the demiboy thing threw me off until I looked it up since I never have heard that term before.

So the idea that his skin is that fair is a bit scary since I’d assume being a hero he’d be outside...sometimes at least. Will wait until I see more. (And I see that his costume has him wrapped up so looks good). The eyes bother me, usually people don’t have one particular emotion in their eyes at all times unless they have some kind of mental issue.

So he’s a super shy person, and that’s it really. I mean you say he’d still stand up to injustice but honestly...that kinda ruins it. I mean, that basically just makes his shyness a cute quirk instead of an actual issue, since when it matters he’s not so shy...Also I don’t see why stumbling over words and such makes him come off as cold, that’s kinda a dumb way to put it. ^^;
And then the secondary personality is a mess. First of all the idea of someone putting on such a different persona is very iffy to me. The only way I’d say it’s fine is if this was their real personality and the other was a defense-mechanism/manipulation thing.
And then you half-assed it. You say he acts with no regards to safety and on his own then cop outs and say that he actually does follow orders and cares.
Basically like many others before you, you cover up the negative traits and make them not truly matter.

Now Bio...Holy s*** what a horrible mother, okay this is a bit much. How did she get away with this? I know it happens but with that bad scares, forced labor...idk man seems extreme.
SEWING TO THE BED? You realize that would destroy a person right? I don’t like how easily he was able to use his powers either, seems sudden.
I’m glad he has reasoning for going super hero at least. Also that’s all he did? Get kids to run away? I mean it’s good but they kinda...can’t survive on their own very well. Seems counter-productive to leave it at that.
I feel the bio was way too extreme and dark and unrealistic, not to mention it should’ve left a whole lot more trauma than is indicated.

The abilities are cool but ANY material is extremely OP. Also there’s no reason he should be able to know how to fight, even if he can locate pressure points. How does he have the poncho when he needs to use his powers to make it? I don’t get how his powers work, are they infinite?

Overall he kinda...well...he’s bad. The idea is interesting, the concept is fairly solid. But lack of characterization, half-assed personality traits, ridiculous history, and unexplained issues with powers, all add up to kinda a big issue.
It saddens me to have to say this. (And btw I like your FE character much more) But.... 58/100

Also! Time for me to enter the ring. Here, Aix, or possible other reviewer as long as they follow the rules stated for doing such.

The RP: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/343367-super-sentai-magic-force-oocstartednot-accepting/

The Character: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/343367-super-sentai-magic-force-oocstartednot-accepting/?p=6752645
The explanation: I wanted to make a Ice Dragoon character I had in mind for a while, and this felt like a good chance. She was meant to be a cold person but I was trying to figure out why she was cold. And decided to go all out and depict the issues she has with the most realism I can, relying on my own...experiences. So let's see how I did shall we?

[spoiler=The Frozen Heart]

IeAx730.jpg?1
"Do whatever you want, it won't change anything."

Name: Tabitha Bergstrom
[spoiler=Appearance]Fzcq5r5.jpg?1
This is actually her transformation form, her real self is a lot different. For starters she has blonde hair, which she usually has tied back in a pony-tail. She's pretty tall, standing at 5'8" but when she transforms she actually gets a couple inches shorter. Her eyes are blue, and a darker shade than her transformation form. Her skin is very pale, and very prone to burning, and she has a scattering of freckles over her face.

Her expression, and general look, is the same however.
Generally she wears regular jeans and long-sleeved turtle-neck shirts and a thick, but not bulky, jacket. On the occasions she wears skirts she always accompanies them with leggings.

[spoiler=Personality]If one looked into Tabitha's eyes they would see one thing. Apathy. Tabitha doesn't seem to care much about anything, including her own well being to some extent. She's quite pessimistic, always assuming the worst possible outcome. She says it's because it's a waste of time to expect anything more. She isn't aggressive in the slightest, and nearly impossible to truly provoke. Slow to act in most situations, not because she's careful and analytical, though many mistake her for thus, but just because it takes her some time to work up the energy to bother with anything above the bare minimum.

Tabitha suffers from crippling depression. On a good day she's merely dead inside and has no will to do work. But there are days which this becomes much, much, worse and she's unable to even get herself out of bed to eat and shower. There has been times where for several days in a row she curled up into a ball and did nothing but stare at the ceiling, her mind racing with horrible and painful thoughts.

She doesn't really care about making anything of herself, and she barely does the minimum to keep her parents from doing something drastic like sending her to a doctor. She has a strong distrust of doctors and, really, anyone who claims to want to help.

However there is, deep inside Tabitha, a small spark of hope. Her old personality was vastly different, a bright flame that burned through all negativity and brought a smile to everyone's lips. But this side doesn't surface ever, and only sometimes bubbles from the deepest part of her. However it's enough to keep her going, for now.

[spoiler=Bio]Tabitha's hero was her grandpa. Her parents were often very busy. They loved her to bits but they just had a lot of responsibilities with work. And thus she often would be sent to her grandpa's for the day, which she was very happy about. He was a former magician and was very funny and entertaining, always willing to do everything to make her smile. And smile she did, all the time. She had her occasional temper tantrum, which he took with great patience and care. Tabitha was happy, and loved, and a bit sheltered.

She didn't learn what cancer was until she was 12 years old, and hadn't realized how hard her grandpa had been fighting all these years. It was shortly after she turned 14 that he lost this fight. And that was the tipping point, everything crashed down around Tabitha. She became hyper aware of the twisted and unfair nature of the world and it crushed her with its weight. She learned how painful and difficult it had been for her grandpa, after obsessively searching everything to do with cancer over and over. For the first year she was utterly inconsolable, bursting out into tears and angry outbursts.

Her parents were patient and tried to help best they could, and they thought she was getting better. But really she was only getting worse. Withdrawing into herself, closing herself off to the outside world and sinking farther into her depression than any young girl should ever go.
The only thing keeping her from ending things was the memory of the cross that hung in her grandpa's living room. She herself was fairly uninterested in the idea of God, but she knew suicide was considered bad in her grandpa's religion and since the only strong positive feeling she had left was her deep love of her grandpa she knew she couldn't kill herself. And so she decided to keep going and see what happens.

One day she walked into her parents sorting through a box of her grandpa's stuff. She saw a strange and beautiful gem and felt drawn to it. Her parents, seeing emotion on her face for the first time in a long time, right away gave it to her. Little did they know this simple act would lead Tabitha into an entire new world...

[spoiler=Powers]Tabitha can wield her spear with wicked accuracy and deadly speed. When she transforms she has greatly increased perception and reflexes.

Along with this comes a more magical kind of ability. Tabitha can, with a swipe of her lance, form icicles in mid-air that she can then launch forward at her command. She also, by striking the ground with any part of her body or weapon, can create a wave of ice that freeze the ground around her, and can be sent in any direction, even into the air. This ice surrounds and freezes what it touches. However it can be broken out of with a decent amount of force.

Bloom, Frost Rose!: If she combines her ice powers with her spear, and strikes an opponent, a rose made out of ice will form around the area touched and over time these will spread, covering the opponents entire body and rendering them immobile. She then can command them to shatter, causing massive damage to the areas affected. However if she uses this attack she will be forced out of her transformation right then and there.

[spoiler=Mech]Type: The normal form is humanoid but it can transform into a bird-like vehicle, resembling an Arctic Tern
[spoiler=visual aid]QU7WBXP.jpg

[spoiler=Appearance]q7Qs79T.jpg
Blizzard32 is about average sized for what he is, that is to say huge. His body is decently armored, especially around the chest and shoulders, but he has a decent amount of mobility. Mostly white but with some blue and red on the edges, Blizzard32 really knows how to stand out in a crowd and yet look conservative. Many points of his body narrow to a, well, point, but they aren't sharp and are purely aesthetic. His cockpit is located in the head, right under the horn-like protrusion.

[spoiler=Weapons/Features.] Blizzard32 wields a halberd that appears to be made of transparent ice, yet is hard as diamonds. There's nothing particularly special about it, itself.

The armor around Blizzard32's shoulder can open up, which then vents out a cloud of freezing air that, when it makes contact, will cover the opponent in ice and slow them down.

His Bird form has different abilities. The wings can lengthen and sharpen and be used to slice through opponents, and there are cannons on either side of his head that launches Gatling icicle spears.

[spoiler=Misc][spoiler=Theme]

[spoiler=My review]

First off, the writing is very neat and organized. Sifting through information is easy, and I applaud you for that. The app is organized well and pleasant to the eyes.

Secondly, I like the art direction you chose, and the description of her regular self is well written. I am actually able to visualize her when not transformed.

Her personality is, well, depressing, which is good considering that's what you were aiming for. However, due to her personality being so dreadfully dull and depressing, it raises the question of what motivated her to fight here? Wouldn't she rather be in her room, watching paint dry while reflecting on the many sad things that make up a miserable existence on earth? her fits of depression seem incredibly serious, and she very obviously needs help. Do her parents not realize she has these fits, or do they think its a phase she will grow out of?  The cliche of her once happy self being buried deep, is a nice touch, albeit cliche. EDIT: You also did not point out her personality when she takes on the persona of becoming a magical girl. A large portion of that RP, she will be a magical girl, so does she gain a new personality? Become more heroic? It needs some more details.

Her bio is realistic, but only to a certain degree. I get the impact her grandpa had on her life, and how his painful, torturous death at the hands of cancer shaped her personality, and made her realize that the best people die the worst ways, but to go, as you put, "deeper than any girl should ever go' seems a bit like a stretch. I know different people cope differently, so I won't be too nit-picky on it there. She still feels a bit bland though.

Her fighting style is complimentary to her personality, good job. She seems balanced combat wise, as her ultimate ability has a major drawback, so using it too eagerly will result in leaving her in a non-advantageous spot, so she must use it wisely. Her mech seems more useful to support allies, as it's weapon is pretty generic and as you put, not that special, and it can frost over enemies. However, supporting allies doesn't seem to work well in conjunction with her sad personality. 

Overall, you have a nice character, but her overly depressed nature makes me wonder what she is doing here, and why she even bothers to contribute to helping out in this world. Is it to honor her grandfather? Is it because the happy inside her has began to surface and is guiding her? Especially considering she is a pessimist, something seems wrong here. 

Your character is unique, and written out well, but her flaws and depression are incredibly drummed up in her personality and bio, confusing me as to why your character is even here. She has a bit of a contradictory fighting style, as she has the supportive abilities of ice while in the mech, but a pessimistic, why even bother trying outlook on life. I rate her 80/100, because she is unique and thematic, but has a few contradictory elements here and there. 

With permission.

I could use some critique. Tear him to sheds if you like. Character is in the spoiler, Here's the OP.

[spoiler=Sei Ishikawa]6V9XoB0.png

"Go ahead. You can start whatever you want to. But we both know who's going to finish it."

Name: Sei Ishikawa

Signer Mark: Head

[spoiler=Physical Description]GdcpNPR.jpg

Whether he's trying to or not, Sei tends to stand out from other residents of Neo Domino City. For starters, despite being half-Japanese, Sei looks very much like his Caucasian birth mother, with a fair complexion, long-ish red hair, and murky blue eyes. This often causes him to be mistaken for a foreigner rather than a local, though his fluent Japanese and local accent often serves to correct people. He's also on the tall side, standing at exactly 6 feet. Sei has a thin frame, however years and years of daily workouts and Kadoken training have granted Sei a good deal of extra muscle mass and tone. In other words, he's in top physical shape shape, though between his tendency to slouch and his baggy clothing this is sometimes hard to notice. Sei is most often seen wearing the above outfit (or some variation thereof) and a pair of boots, though he'll occasionally forego it in favor of sweats if he's relaxing or, if he's training, a gi. No matter what he's wearing though, Sei is rarely if ever shirtless, and always sports a pair of black fingerless gloves in order to cover up some pretty nasty looking scars on his torso and left hand. The gloves also serve to protect his hands when he's striking something and give him a better grip when he's riding his D-Wheel. Sei can also occasionally be seen carrying around a white wooden staff, which he uses for martial arts training as well as self defense if he has it handy. 

Sei's duel disk is a white-silver hybrid type of the make commonly found in old satellite half a century ago (that is to say, an updated KC MKII). Its been modified slightly in order to wirelessly interface with his D-Wheel, allowing Sei to remove it from the vehicle mid-turbo duel and continue to duel after he has gotten off of it. Sei's D-Wheel is a custom model designed for precise handling and rough terrain called Steed. Steed is equipped with a speed drive, and as such it boasts increased performance when compared to more contemporary models. It also comes equipped with speed counter-activated omni-directional thrusters that provide additional speed and maneuverability. Since acquiring it, Sei has modified and upgraded its autopilot software and installed more precise hydraulic controls to allow Steed to drive itself completely unassisted. This allows him to disembark mid-duel and continue to play, while Steed remotely follows the wireless signal given off by Sei's duel disk. When riding his D-Wheel, Sei forgoes a helmet in favor of a pair of aviator goggles in order to protect his eyes. "Helmets itch," so he says.

[spoiler=Personality]Irreverent, cocky, and almost contemptuously smug, with a quick wit and an an infuriatingly nonchalant attitude, Sei very often rubs others the wrong way. At first glance, he appears to be indifferent and overly snarky, with a nasty habit of tossing around backhanded compliments and other passive-aggressive jabs at those around him. In short, he comes off arrogant, misanthropic, and callous. In actuality however, Sei is a very guarded individual; his smug indifference is a facade that serves as an interpersonal barrier. He avoids becoming close with others on purpose, partially due to the natural cautiousness that comes from living in crime-ridden Center Domino, and partially due to rather recent emotional trauma resulting from the loss of his adoptive parents and foster brother. This is especially true in regards to the latter, as the guilt he feels over Yuu's death has prevented him from opening up to anyone about his pain and guilt, both for fear of causing further harm or becoming a burden, as well as an already present inability to properly convey his emotions to others. In short, Sei keeps his true feelings, good and bad, hidden from those around him at all times behind a facade of passive-aggressive indifference, and should that mask come off, he'd still have trouble figuring out how to properly convey his emotions.   

Despite these difficulties though, those who manage to get past Sei's barriers and interpret the few signals he does give off will find a fiery, dedicated individual behind the mask. As those who grew up with him can attest, Sei shares some of the same steadfast personality traits as his foster sister Raiko. He firmly believes in the philosophy of might for right, often disregarding the tenants of  Torappu Kadoken and making use of his rather formidable martial arts skills on behalf of others. Of course, this means he tends to pick fights and become involved in the affairs he would otherwise have no business in, and naturally this tends to cause problems for him. He's not necessarily eager to come to blows, but between his off-putting attitude and his tendency to stick his nose where it doesn't belong this oftentimes means that fists are the end result, and Sei is never afraid to throw the first punch. In short, Sei will, with very few exceptions, always do what he feels is the right thing to do, regardless of the sometimes extreme harm it may cause to himself. Indeed, Vivian Craft once said of him "He's completely fearless. Its almost like no one ever taught Sei how to be intimidated." This description is a bit hyperbolic, of course, but Sei nonetheless displays an extraordinary disregard for his own inhibitions, almost to the point of recklessness. He pursues a goal absolutely with no regard for any setbacks that may occur along the way. Naturally, this means that he thrives in high stakes situations like turbo duels, where his mastery over his own fear allows him to stay cool under pressure and succeed in taking calculated risks that others might find too reckless. To say he's as stubborn as his sister would be wrong though. Rather, if Raiko is an immovable stone, then Sei is a gale: moving violently in one direction with little regard for what gets swept away in the process.

Alignment: Neutral, and he's rather vocal about his dislike for both sides.

[spoiler=Deck]Sei has used a Dragunity deck since he first learned to play duel monsters. His play style is very reflective of the Torappu Kadoken he studied growing up, with an emphasis on reacting to and outplaying an opponent as opposed to a more direct offense. His cards tend to be strong offensively, but also adaptable, making use of his Synchro Monsters and Dragunity equips as vanguards to strengthen his field while inhibiting his opponent's growth, and then going in for the kill with versatile beaters like Dragunity Knight Barcha and favorite Dragunity Arma Caliburn. When Sei finds himself facing down a more powerful field than his own, he resorts to his Ace: Saber Wing Dragon, who's survivability and unorthodox effect allows him to bounce back from a losing situation.. Since leaving Neo Domino city, Sei's deck has diversified some, now including more generic dragon support cards like Castle of Dragon's Souls, Dragon's Rebirth, and Dragon Shrine as well as a few contingency staples like Burial from a Different Dimension and Crow Hogan favorite Icarus Attack. He's also added a few new Synchro monster cards to his extra deck including Vortex the Whirlwind and Red Wyvern.

Signer Dragon: Saber Wing Dragon

[spoiler=Custom Cards]Saber Wing Dragon

Dragunity Arma Caliburn

Dragunity Caltrops

Dragunity Chariot

Dragunity Cuirass

Dragunity Knight Longinus

Dragunity Legion's Fortress

Dragunity Scourge

[spoiler=Dragunity Standard]Dragunity Standard
Equip Spell
A monster equipped with this card is treated as a "Dragunity" monster. When your opponent declares an attack: you can change the attack target to the monster equipped with this card. During your main phase, while you control this face up card: you can add 1 "Dragunity" tuner from your graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Dragunity Standard" once per turn.

[spoiler=Biography]Sei was born to a poor couple in center domino. The son of a Municipality construction worker, Sei's mother died soon after he was born from an illness (Sei honestly can't remember what he was told she came down with), and he spent his earliest years with his father. When he was 3 however, Mr. Ishikawa was killed in an on-site accident. Now orphaned, Sei was taken in by the Musashibo Kadoken dojo and formally adopted into the owner's family soon after. 

It took him some time, but eventually Sei grew accustomed to his new surroundings and adoptive siblings. Yuu, the brother, was the oldest by a year. Though the two had some trouble getting along at first, they ultimately bonded over their martial arts study, as well as the game of Duel Monsters that they learned alongside it. Being similar in size to one another, Yuu and Sei became sparring partners, and as they grew older developed a highly competitive, but friendly, rivalry with one another, with Yuu excelling in Kadoken while Sei edged slightly ahead in his skill at Duel Monsters. Both boys doted on their younger sister Raiko, who was barely a year old when Sei was adopted (and went a few years before being made aware that Sei wasn't her biological brother). When the two would fight, it was usually Raiko who would get between them, the slim young girl refusing to budge an inch until her brothers made peace. After a few of years Sei had become an integral part of the family, helping to teach Kadoken to local children alongside Yuu, as well as Raiko when she became old enough to join them.

One of these local children was Vivian Craft, who, through both her looks and her remarkable skill in Kadoken and Duel Monsters, endeared herself to both Sei and Yuu. As the siblings entered adolescence, Vivian began to take Raiko under her wing, and the four teenagers soon became an extremely tight knit clique. Being both headstrong and the middle child, Sei tended to get himself into trouble, with the level-headed Yuu and the even more stubborn Raiko often having to reign their brother in. Vivian, who for the most part tended to be just as headstrong as Sei, tended to go along with him, and due to both this and their shared knack for Duel Monsters the two became quite close, often confiding in one another.

18 months ago however, the Zero Reverse claimed the lives of Sei's adoptive parents, and soon after Center became host to Satisfaction's violent reactionaries. The siblings focused on fixing up the dojo that had been their home, teaching Kadoken classes to help support themselves while Vivian pursued her dreams of stardom, making use of some her prize money to help her friends get back on their feet. Sei had a great deal of difficulty dealing with the loss of his foster parents, retreating into himself and adopting his flippant, smug attitude. This caused friction with both his siblings and best friend, and Sei began striking out on his own, his attitude causing him to run afoul of Satisfaction's rather irate members.

It didn't take very long for this to catch up to Sei and his family, ultimately resulting in a series of rather violent confrontations with some of Satisfaction's more rabid members. Sei was left scarred, both by stab wounds, and by the death of Yuu, who had stepped in to help his younger brother.

Overcome with guilt and unable to properly cope with the death of his brother, Sei quietly skipped town soon after, leaving Raiko to run the dojo on her own. He's spent the past year traveling; honing his skills in both Kadoken and Duel monsters in an attempt to re-center himself. During this time, he found work with a D-Wheel mechanic, learning the basics of the trade as well as how to turbo duel. On a whim, he entered a few tournaments and ultimately found himself working his way up the ladder, earning himself a custom D-Wheel in a prize match and, surprisingly, an invitation to join Neo Domino's pro circuit.

Seeing an opportunity, Sei has returned to his home town, both to seek his fortune, and eventually to muster up the courage to make amends with his family and friends. All the while, the situation in Neo domino has become progressively more volatile, with his former best friend leading a crusade of her own against Satisfaction. 

[spoiler=Misc. Information][spoiler=Character Themes]Theme: Raise your Flag- Man with a Mission

Turbo Duel Entrance Theme: Flying in the Sky (instrumental)

Duel Theme: Strongest Card~ King of Hearts

Synchro Summon Theme: Clear and Serene

Like his siblings, Sei is extremely proficient in the art of Torappu Kadoken, having practiced the martial art almost daily since he was a young child. Thanks to Sei's bond with his Dragunity monsters, his duel stances allow him to move and react at high speeds as well as augment his strikes with fierce gusts of wind that are strong enough to knock a person off balance at a distance. Due to his deck's focus on handheld weapons, Sei has also become quite adept at using his quarterstaff, oftentimes incorporating it into his sparring duel techniques. Like many other Kadoken practitioners, Sei opts to fight alongside the solid vision holograms of his monsters, most notably riding Saber Wing Dragon into battle and wielding any of the cards he equips to it himself.

[spoiler=Trivia]Sei won his Saber Wing Dragon from Yuu Musashibo in a duel, after the latter acquired it during a trip to Satellite.

Sei's favorite card is Dragunity Arma Caliburn, both because of its status as the ace card of his main deck as well as its significance as the first "Dragunity" monster he ever owned.

Sei has a sweet tooth, and is especially fond of sour candies. His love for them is strong enough that he can be bribed with them for small favors.

Sei is a bit scatterbrained, often misplacing things he owns or bouncing from one train of thought to another. He may have mild Attention Deficit Disorder.

[spoiler=Summon Chants]Non-Dragunity Synchro Monster: The winds of change howl as the tide of battle shifts! Take to the skies and walk a new path! Synchro Summon! ______!

Dragunity Knight: The gathering storm calls out to those who seek victory! Proud lance, tear open the sky and make your stand! Synchro Summon! Dragunity Knight ______!

Dragunity Arma Caliburn: The souls of the legion gather for the righteous! Take their strength and become their blade of hope! I summon you! Dragunity Arma Caliburn!

Saber Wing Dragon: These shattered skies await those with burning hearts and blazing wings! We shine as we slash the storm before us! Synchro Summon! My sword! Saber Wing Dragon! Lets fly!

[spoiler=Sei What Now?  A Review]

First and foremost.  I hate Yu-gi-oh now.  Screw  you.  Screw that game.  Now then, onto the review.

Since I'm doing this, it'll be in parts, naturally.  I wanna start with the character's name, first glance, and how I imagine him fitting into the rp which he was created for.

First Glance

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Being that this is a Yu-gi-oh rp, almost any name will fit.  I say that because the genre is very, very niche, but open.  It's a card game that has gone from staking your grandfather's life to taking your opponent's souls and using it to pay your rent to the devil.  However, Sei Ishikawa comes across as borderline cliche.  This is fine, of course.  Typically names created for anime-esque rps are those based off of animes (like Yu-gi-oh) are going to be very cliche (typically Japanese).  Speaking to his first name only, until I actually saw his last name, I thought the guy was German.  But this is not a dislike of his name, rather, I wish more had been done with it.  But for a YGO rp, it fits snugly in place.  I was able to immediately assume this character's image was chosen for him to be a protagonist.  Maybe not a "In the name of Justice!" type, but borderline Batman.  

I bet he has trouble "fitting in", but makes friends the hard way.

Appearance

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Moving onto his overall appearance, I find myself agreeing with the "local Japanese".  He does look like a foreigner.  This guys is the definition of Californian hipster.  Red hair, blue eyes, finger-less gloves.  He's something straight out of a Lonely Island music video.  But again, this is fitting for the rp.  It works--not because every character should have outrageous and totally unlikely traits--in that this style of character design is exactly what makes Yu-gi-oh so fun (like most anime).  It's totally absurd, but the character flaunts it and does it well.  Because he's in top physical shape, I refuse to accept the "his baggy clothes hide it" excuse.  Fat guys wear baggy clothes and it doesn't work.  Decked guys wear baggy clothes and it doesn't work.  Baggy clothes don't hide anything, especially if you're a God damn Arnold Schwarzenegger replica.  My only real nit pick with his appearance.  And if Sei is as cut as his description mentions, his arms should be huge, and with him carrying around that big ass staff, I would imagine it to be even more difficult to hide his body tone.  

I will say I like that he is six feet tall.  Japanese are often depicted to be on the average to short side, and the taller guys are a rare breed apparently.  But then, so is red hair and blue eyes.  Being that tall and being well toned in muscle makes me think he was intended to be intimidating.  The smile on his face is rather "self satisfied", if you know what I mean.  He's not a bully, but I can see that he probably has a bad attitude.

I'm not going to touch much on the Duel Disk or the D-Wheel.  Those two are something I'm not super familiar with, but I suppose since it's in the app I should probably talk about it.  

Typically when I imagine a Duel Disk, I think back to my first love of Yu-gi-oh, and when Kaiba first unveiled them some ten or more years ago as I watched from my living room television.  Red, white, blue.  AMERICA  Bright, vivid colors, slender, and totally bad ass looking.  Being that the image link provided was broken, I'm glad that it was mentioned that this disk a type of hybrid of the "KC MKII" disk.  After a quick bit of research I drew to the conclusion that this is a Disk Designed in Kaiba's image, but with a different color palette being white and silver.  Not the most outlandish of color schemes, which I was hoping for.

With a guy who looks like Sei, I expected his Duel Disk colors to be as wild as his hair and eye color.  The white and silver is kind of bland, and a bit safe.  If you're gonna go crazy, go full crazy and really commit to it.  I'd like to see a different color scheme for this duel disk.  The same goes for the D-Wheel.  Give it some flair and some pop.  Make it fun.

Personality

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There it is.  The edgy, smug, uptight attitude I was expecting.  While very well written, I'm pleasantly not surprised.  Personality write-up aside, Sei's very face gives off the same cocky attitude I had perceived once I opened the spoiler.  This is what I expect from the anime red head.  Either fire in attitude or action.  I like both.  I do however get bored of the tragic backstories (I've written my fair share) but because they are so easy to put together and execute, you made it a rather small but compelling part of Sei's personality.  I suppose his loss fairly warrants the "cold", "passive-aggressive" nature, and makes it one of those traits that makes you go, "yeah okay, that makes sense".  However, I'm a bit conflicted with his actions towards others.

You've written that he tends to stick his nose in other's business.  That seems awkward from my point of view.  Either you give people the cold shoulder and disregard what they say with passive aggressive remarks, or you're silently stepping in to give them a hand.  I don't like them together.  I can clearly see the direction you're taking this personality, however.  Sei feels like he's meant to be the "hard-shelled hero".  He lost family, he's very dry, and blunt, but doesn't mind sticking his neck out for someone he gives a damn about.  Looking at it that way, I suppose the reckless behavior isn't so odd.  

"It's not like I wanted to help you.  B-baka."

The Deck

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wasn't going to do this, but I liked the description for it a lot.  A bit clashing with Sei's personality, but perhaps the deck was designed to rub off some of Sei's edge, and tone him down to be more humane and open.  The deck is written as "strongly offensive but adaptable".  That's but a few shades shy of edgy in terms of being exactly fit for Sei.  Apparently Sei has a martial arts background as well, and with that territory you're almost required to be "adaptable".  Because of who Sei is, I'd like to hear more on which cards are his favorites and why.  What made him choose Dragunity?  Who gave him his first deck?  Things like that.

Biography

Born poor.  Lost his immediate family.  Lost his foster family.  The only thing more tragic than that is not knowing what killed his mother (which I'm honestly disappointed by).  It was obviously imperative for you to explain why Sei became the cold guy that he is, and while simple, I'm glad you did.  I mean, this guy lost family not once, but twice.

Inside the bio we also discover Sei's love for martial arts and duel monsters.  While they don't go hand in hand, Sei's backstory highlights them well, and centers them as the two mainstays in his hobbies and joys.  If one were to examine Sei more closely, you could say those are about the only things consistent in his life, because every one else is either dead, or he abandoned them.  I don't agree with having him written to leave his adoptive sister, especially after having a run in with "Satisfaction" and their goons.  Once Sei is out of the picture, wouldn't they just send in their boys to off the sister?

I could be mistaken, and this could be another show of Sei's recklessness.  But this doesn't feel reckless.  This feels dangerous and out of place.  And if I were in Raiko's position, I'd be pissed.  Royally pissed.  I mean, here I am, lost my parents and my brother, and now I have to run this dojo by myself.  Probably gonna have gangsters looking at my place of work, and this guy is off "traveling and honing his skills".  Boy, you would get the ass kicking of your life if you run into this girl again.  Prize money or not, she would have every sensible right to be pissed.  Royally pissed.

To be fair, tragedy does things to a person mentally.  And though I don't see Sei breaking down and fleeing, maybe guilt is the same way.  So, Sei is able to re-cooperate, gather himself mentally, and learn a few things more about Duel Monsters.  Comes roaring back into town for a tournament, and maybe seeking vengeance?  You write "make amends", I see "payback Satisfaction".  But I would think both come with the territory of blowing through your old hometown.  It would make sense for Sei to be overcome with those old feelings again and, with his new found skill in the Duel Monsters world, to seek out a chance to redeem himself, and his family.  This would also lead him to then discover his former best friend is also fighting the good fight, and a hero's reunion would be underway.

Classic, if you don't mind me saying.

Misc.

If I can get mushy for a minute, it is so God damn adorable that Sei would ride his dragon monsters into battle.  Holy sheet, that's heart warming and reminds me of a movie.  It's interesting that Sei's strength in Torappu Kadoken and his strength in Duel Monsters would tie together.  No sarcasm intended.  In this fantasy setting, sending someone stumbling over or flying away with a gust of wind from a dragonic quaterstaff attack is dope.  I'm with it.  

And then, I see it.  There's the thing about his favorite card, and how he acquired it.  Or at least, when he acquired it.  I definitely would have liked to hear more about him acquiring his complete deck, but I suppose if it were a card by card story, you'd be writing for days.  No big deal.

And the scatterbrained bit kind of feels thrown in there.  First Sei is a calm, calculated individual under pressure, now he's scatterbrained.  A bit weird, but I suppose we all have those derp moments.  Personally, I don't think that needs to be there.

[spoiler=Score and Overall Impressions]

Sei isn't the most impressive character I've seen by you, but by no means is he terrible.  I did enjoy reading the application, and I feel like you made more good moves than questionable ones.  Overall, I give Sei a 70/100.  He was written in a static manner, but he was written well.

Sorry I haven't been keeping this up guys but I'll try and do better.

Updates. One, obviously Dad up there is now a reviewer, let's give some applause for the man. :3

Two. New rule. Basically, if someone reviews your character and you want it to be reviewed by another, mention that after the review. But you can't do this more than once, and if there's a specific person you want to review let us know. From now on if someone reviewed your character and you don't mention wanting it to be reviewed again/by me, then I won't review them. I feel this will make things a bit easier on everyone.

Also to other reviewers. If you want to review a character just let me know and I will let you loose/not depending on the specific circumstances.

You know what, Teen Titan Train. Because even though I didn't make it, I might try this character for something else.
Or resubmit if they open spots again.

The RP: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/338716-teen-titans-twilight-of-the-gods-oocpg-16nastarted/

The Character: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/338716-teen-titans-twilight-of-the-gods-oocpg-16acceptingstarted/?p=6760972

[spoiler=Steadfast Review]Asura eh? That’s a mighty powerful name you’ve got there, let’s see how it came to be...
Okay so that guy is huge, and scary looking, though he doesn’t quite look 18 ^^; Not a huge gripe but it’s a bit of a “Wait what” kinda moment.
Also after reading more, he uh...looks human with multiple limbs basically, which is a bit odd, honestly. Might explain why he looks older than he is but...idk

Okay so he’s got a really strong personality, absence of fear eh? Interesting, as in can’t feel fear or pushes past the fear? Not quite sure on that.
I do like that his stubbornness doesn’t get in the way of following orders. At first it might seem contradictory but really they’re separate in this case. Since his stubbornness is mainly stubborn to get sheet done and keep fighting. However I do wonder, would he give up/retreat if ordered? It would be nice to have something he refuses to do instead of just mindless following of orders.

I like that he dislikes cowards, or rather what seems like it to him, because that could be a major flaw in certain situations. Again, I assume now he wouldn’t give up if ordered, which I wish would’ve been said, cause that would tie these parts together much better.

Trust issues and following orders though, that’s a bit iffy. Why would he follow orders if he doesn’t trust someone?

Interesting he tries to fix his anger issues, good opening for growth there.
And I don’t like the loyalty thing cause, again, clashes with the trust issues sorta. I mean obviously there’s ways to earn his loyalty but it feels odd he’s be super loyal and follow orders so absolutely with the trust problems there.

Hmm the bio now. Double the oxygen? I wonder, do you have reason for that, and know the implications? Cause this could be good or really bad depending. If you just threw it in there, bad, if you have reason/understand how different that makes it for him here, good.
Okay this is when things take a turn for bad. Why is he framed? Of all the people, why Asura? It seems kinda strange.
Plus. Why choose Earth of all places? You should’ve explained why he’d go there of all the options.
Kinda wanna know what this clothing looks like, unless it’s the stuff in the pic which is...a bit odd XD (The stuff the mugger got him)
It’s not a terrible bio but it does have a few questions that seem...kinda big.

Powers now...fire! Makes sense. ^^; Though I never got why fire arms made punches hit harder...Anyway the first power seems like a huge toolbox on its own, since there’s movement, range attack, physical attack, all in one.
Ah good you know of the fire and oxygen thing. I find that interesting. How does that work anyway? ^^; And so usually his kind naturally launches insane amounts of fire?
Oh he grows limbs, okay. Weird they take energy, and uh...how well can you actually use several arms from your back? I’m not...sure. It’s a strange ability but not unheard of.
How long has he been on Earth anyway? It seems that he crashed, did hero stuff, laid low for a few days, and then got recruited. Is that enough time to learn martial arts? Especially with having to control his strength?
He seems to have a wide variety of abilities, which to me feels a bit much, but it all works except maybe the last, for the character.

Hmmm breathing Nitrogen...how’s the science work here? Cause I’m not sure, and I wish you had elaborated. It could be good, could be utter BS, and I have no idea.
the dino language thing made me laugh, that was amusing.

Okay overall he seems super solid, well done with that. No major personality issues, besides the trust thing which I’m a bit iffy on. Seems...not to work with a few other traits.
The Bio is interesting but has a few major questions that I believe were brushed over too briefly. And the powers seem about right, despite the little issue of how long he’s been on Earth.
Overall, actually a really good one. 79/100

You thought you could review the Titan cast without Roxie?!

The RP: http://forum.yugiohc...pg-16nastarted/

Roxie Blackstone 

As Aix reviewed already gonna do a more brief review. The last exception to the new rule.

[spoiler=Roxie Review]Roxie is a fun name...the crossed out Lancelot thing is interesting, especially given the chosen name so I expect to learn about that one. Also 19 is so pushing it you sneaky sneak.
“Solid” 127 pounds? That’s kinda on the small side for her height ^^;

I do like how much energy and in-your-face she is. it’s pretty fun for a character, though...Why does everyone force their characters to be super loyal and defensive of their comrades and such? I get that it’s good to work well with others in an RP but it doesn’t quite fit always. I do like the “rowdy friend to quiet people” stuff.
“Out of character for the image she has created for herself” Wait so is this personality faked and created? That was out of nowhere and it doesn’t seem right. Maybe just bad wording but I wanna know her real personality if not.

I have concerns about these Knights. Like. Why would the JL allow such a group to go on? Don’t they usually disagree with such methods?
What kind of hard life did Roxie have? She was in foster care it said but it doesn’t say what hardships she faced, so that’s a bit of a problem.
Why Lancelot? I’d like to know if there was a reasoning here.
It feels weird that she managed to escape such a brutal group, though the trophy thing was interesting...not sure it makes sense as reason to risk your life to leave though.
“a spy sent by the Knights” One, why would there be a spy, two, why would they assume that, three, if Knight spies are a problem why haven’t the JL stopped them yet?

It’s weird she’s immune to her explosions, but I suppose she’d HAVE to be...She might be overpowered honestly, that kind of ability is super strong without a lot of limits and the main thing I can see Roxie being held back by is you deciding not to use the full potential which feels like a cop-out.
The baseball bat is amusing, but I don’t get why she’s so attached...and the bombs seem not her style but just slightly.

Overall a good character, even if the Bio leaves some questions and I don’t understand some of the personality. I’d say. 76/100.

I was gonna do this until I saw it was from the same rp of an app I just reviewed.  God funking damn it.

Slightly tired/cranky but let's see what happens eh?

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/326487-hxh-108-stars-of-destiny-ooc/?p=6535112App

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/326487-hxh-108-stars-of-destiny-ooc/OOC

Yeah, it's spiders. Got too carried away with a joke when I made the app, so I hope you can point out all the problems in it.

[spoiler=Spider Squashing]

Ahhh memories. These were the days. I forgot how crazy her name was, another reason to call her Spiders. I also forgot the chronological age, that stuff can be pretty interesting so how it was implemented is gonna be super important in how I judge this.

She's actually like, really tiny, huh, interesting.

Hmmm it looks like you fell into that trap early on here. Bratty and self-centered...oh but means well! Kinda an iffy combination there. Though it IS only "somewhat". It feels like one of those, trying to make the negative not so bad, things. The fact that she focuses, but on fun things, is actually a pretty nice character trait. It's nice to see an occasional cheerful character who isn't one of those typical archetypes.

The men tricking thing is certainly strange, and it doesn't seem to mesh totally. Partially...but if she means well, despite her pursuit of happiness, it feels weird she's be so keen on tricking others. In general so far I will say that the personality feels somewhat messy. Like, it's a bit scattered and nothing seems totally...complete.

"at times, has some…interesting view on how the world works" I really want to know what makes the views interesting. It's a bit of a bother to me, seeing this statement. Is it just the naivety thing? Maybe, but you kinda specifically singled out this portion and left it open-ended.

Oooh runaway princess is certainly something I like to see done well. But I do feel this is another part of the "scattered personality" problem.

And honestly the sister stuff is messy. Like, feels inferior and hates her now, but still almost worships her, very...weird.

Yeah more or less I think that the personality is a fun one, I like most of what I see, but it seems a bit clunky at times.

Oh right motivation was a thing here. This motivation is...odd, but it does suit her. Though I wonder why she's unsure if her sister is a Hunter or not.

So far nothing terribly wrong with the bio, it seems to be pretty solid, slightly typical but not anything bad. The heirloom could use a bit of explaining, and like how is she supposed to find it in the first place? And then it gets iffy. I'm unsure still how Ten works but why would it do such a thing naturally? And mostly...HOW? HOW did she wander for so long and not realize it? This is by far the most jarring and confusing part of this whole thing. Not only is it illogical it doesn't even...she'd have to be totally insane or the dumbest creature on the planet to not notice how much time has passed. And why hasn't she aged? Is this common? This just sounds...like I'm sorry but how'd this get okayed? The bio suddenly dives into ridiculously unrealistic and I can't justify it.

though "Pal-Mart" teehee

Time for Powers, while trying to remember the power limit. I can dig that she has considerable skills with how long it's been but...as she doesn't even realize it's been so long...yeah sorry it's gonna keep coming back to that.

Okay the Ten part explains the aging...though not that she doesn't realize, I just...I could totally be missing something about this stuff but that just does not feel right by any stretch.

I thought they weren't supposed to be masters of anything in this?

She's super strong but she DOES have her weaknesses, and those are fairly glaring, so that's fine. "Shining Finger" omg XD

Honestly though, the fact that her strongest technique is related to her one goal which she gave up on and doesn't seem to actually care...I don't know Nai, this feels really wrong.

lmao Twatter. Holy cow. XD

*sighs* I don't know. I really don't. On one hand she's a fun character, with some cool power and limitations/weaknesses...But she also...she also doesn't make any sense. Her personality is fine mostly, if sometimes a bit messy, but that...entire not knowing how much time has passed. Especially as she's been active all that time...It REALLY doesn't sit well with me.

70/100

Been hesitant to submit anything for review, but seeing as it doesn't appear that Duskfall is going anywhere for the time-being and Heron was a bit late to the party...

Character Apphttp://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/344536-duskfall-oocacceptingns/page-2?do=findComment&comment=6767684

RPhttp://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/344536-duskfall-oocacceptingns/

[spoiler=Arsenal]

Alaric%20Face_zpsfricaxwr.jpg

"We all have a job to do, and I expect you to do yours just as I do mine."

Name: Anton Siedrich

Code Name: Arsenal

Home Branch: United States of America, National Branch

[spoiler=Appearance]

Much as he has always been, Arsenal is quite rough in appearance.  His black hair has grayed much earlier than it would in most cases, and it sits short cropped atop a rugged face with a few small scars here and there.  Recently, he has fallen out of the habit of keeping clean shaven and so his cheeks and chin have become covered with a thick, coarse beard of salt and pepper gray.  The man's eyes, set deep into his face, are orbs of solid red that make it difficult if not impossible to determine where his gaze rests.  His head sits atop a thick, muscular neck which is itself attached to a tall muscular body.  For the most part, his skin is darkly tanned with some spots of red from sun damage showing on his face and the back of his left hand.  His right arm is another story entirely.  It is certainly every bit as muscular as the rest of him, but that is where the similarities end.  Its skin is a sickly slate gray, with rough black growths upon his knuckles and elbow.  His fingernails are more akin to claws, but maintained in a short enough state to avoid being identified as such without closer inspection.

To minimize the startling effect his appearance has, he keeps as much of himself covered as possible.  His feet are ever clad in a well-worn pair of shining black combat boots, with blue dress pants worn above them.  The dress pants bear a one and a half inch wide gold nylon braid on the outside of each leg, up to the waist where they are secured to his form with a black, gold-buckled belt.  A plain white, button-up shirt is tucked into them with a plain black tie in its collar.  Over that he wears a black jacket, decorated with various insignia and items from his time of service with the United States Army.  His eyes are covered with black sunglasses, and when outside he covers his head with something very decidedly non-military: a plain black stetson.

[spoiler=Personality]

Absolutely loyal to his country, the American DHG, and the people within both, he is the very picture of what many believe a national director should be.  If something needs to be done, he sees that it gets done as quickly as possible.  As he rarely goes on missions now, he can most often be found in the director's office of the Dallas headquarters.  Here he handles the crushing amount of paperwork his new station requires.  Everything from reading and writing reports on the many engagements that a nation as large as the United States brings to his attention, to seeing to the acquisition of resources for their many operations.  In this regard, he works very closely with the national government.  After all, recent events made it so that the two organizations could no longer ignore each other.

However, he keeps many secrets.  Both from the government and the International Headquarters of the DHG.  He does this, because he sees that the work being done is of the utmost importance in the fight against their demonic foes.  The way he goes about keeping those secrets, is simply making certain that those who would wish to know them have no reason to suspect they even exist.  Not directly lying, so much as spinning the truth of the matter in a way that discourages further investigation.  In terms of these secrets, which mostly involve the various projects and research undergone by the DHGUSA's Department of Research and Development, he is often directly involved in things.  He does this both because he honestly is interested in the experimentation and research done, and because he has no desire for another Ferris to emerge.  The best way to do that, is to keep an eye on the events as closely as possible.

[spoiler=Bio]

Once upon a time, the United States Government attempted to create a unit with which to combat the domestic threat posed by demons without the intervention of the Demon Hunter Guild.  Soldiers were selected from every branch of service and put through an intensive training regimen to ensure that only the best were chosen for the mission.  Enter Staff Sergeant Anton Siedrich, former sniper of the 75th Ranger Regiment.  He was one of the few who was selected to undergo the training, and of the fewer still who passed.  He and his fellow soldiers became part of a unit dubbed "Omega Force," all of whom were subjected to extensive education on the nature and weaknesses of demons.  Those teaching them were Occultists and Demonologists selected by the top brass to ensure that the soldiers were properly educated and equipped to deal with the threat.  On top of everything, these alleged experts insisted that the taint was not a necessary factor in dealing with demons, and so the members of Omega Force never partook of demon blood.  For a short while, the unit was successful in dealing with those they encountered.  For the most part they never encountered anything more threatening than a C-class demon, with their "perfect demon-slaying weapons"  proving sufficient in most cases.  However, Anton and his fellow soldiers consistently reported that the weapons were not having the effect that they should.  These reports were ignored, until an event which is remembered as Black Tuesday.  

It was supposed to be a mission like any other, with reports of the size of the demon in question classifying it as a D-class first appearing in a dockside warehouse in the city of Port Aransas, Texas.  Standard procedure was implemented, involving the evactuation of all civilians within one mile of the location and an armored detachment surrounding the premises while Omega Force deployed within.  Things went bad as soon as first contact was made, with the demon quickly displaying that deceit was among its skills.  Upon witnessing its abilities first hand, Omega Force reclassified it as an A-Class demon and called for immediate assistance.

Things rapidly went from bad to worse, with the demon killing most of the Omega Force team and breaking through the containment line.  From there, the beast ran rampant through the city indiscriminately killing and destroying everything in its path while the word went out.  In the mean time, the three surviving Omega Force members, one of whom was Anton, set about pursuing it as quickly as they could.  While the three of them were ultimately able to bring down the beast, thanks in large part to the improvised use of heavy ordnance, the damage was done and the majority of the town's population dead, the crushing majority of the structures destroyed, and and nearly two thousand soldiers slain in the process.  Of the three remaining members, only Anton chose to partake of the demon's blood and doom himself to spending the rest of his life hunting the creatures.  While the mission was ultimately labeled a success, due to the destruction of the demon, the collateral damage was a blemish on Omega Force's record that shortly led to its disbanding and the honorable discharge of all remaining members.  

Shortly after his discharge, Anton submitted an application to the Demon Hunter Guild, and was accepted into their ranks.  The codename "Arsenal" came from when he was being introduced to the other hunters, and was carrying more weapons and ammunition than any single person has business with.  One of the other hunters commented "Damn, new guy!  You know we've got our own arsenal, right?"  Those present liked the sound of it, and Anton was assigned the code name.

Not long after his joining the organization, he became well acquainted with National Director Oculus and in a few short months had earned her favor enough to be appointed to become her direct aid.  It was a good job, which had him often leading missions she could not and helping to train the new hunters that came into the Dallas Headquarters.  Things went fairly well, until the faithful day when they engaged The Metal.  The battle was tiring, and saw them meeting the former director of the Department of Research and Development: Ferris.  Things of course went back on the road to becoming terrible, as they fought their second A-class demon not long after.  During the fight, Arsenal was mostly dealing with keeping the operation going and trying to contain the thing.  Of course that failed, and shortly after the information outbreak nightmare that Ferris brought along occurred.  He was still dealing with cleaning that mess up when the second attack came.

He, and many of the other hunters, tried to strike the demon down and failed.  When Oculus paralyzed it and ordered the self destruct sequence began, it was he who had to press the big red button, so to speak.  This caused him no small amount of grief over the coming months, while the headquarters was rebuilt.  He almost couldn't bare to keep the weapon he had stolen from that demon during the fighting, but all the same he did.  In any case, he found himself appointed the National Director and took up that role with a heavy heart.  Though he stumbled at first, due to the difficulties had in the aftermath of all that had happened, he managed to quickly adapt to the role and soon had things running efficiently again.

During the Chernabog Incident, he led the many hunters involved from the very front of the fight.  He famously scored the killing blow on Chernabog, even though he had been aiming for Ferris with the weapon he had been given to use.  In the aftermath of that incident, he saw to the beginning of a proper cover-up operation even though he had considered simply letting the people know what was happening and that the guild existed.  This was largely thanks to an order that came in from the International Director to step up the cover up operation.  In response, he approached the President of the United States with an offer that saw to the creation of the American Commission for the Investigation of Occult Phenomena.  ACIOP was little more than a cover for the national DHG branch, but it allowed them to operate somewhat more openly without arousing suspicion.  It also saw a hotline established for reports to be sent in concerning potential "occult phenomena."   While this led to many false alarms about demonic incursions, it also increased the number of incursions the DHG learned about in time to prevent undue damage.  The creation of this national organization also allowed for far more credence to be put into the reports regarding proof that incidents were not demonic in nation, as these people were experts on the subject in the public eye.

Some time after, they were able to capture a live A-class demon of humanoid shape and stature.  This provided many opportunities for research, including the replacement of his own right arm with the demon's.  This saw an evolution of his tainted force abilities, and also allowed him to use the weapon he had claimed from the demon that attacked their headquarters.  Ever since he has regularly undergone medical checks to check for signs of rejection of the limb, but it has fit his body quite nicely.  He has also stepped up the actions of the R&D Department to levels not seen since before Ferris went rogue, and even exceeding them.  He doubled the staff and the hours they worked on methods to contain, capture, hunt, and kill demons more efficiently.  This also came with a substantial increase in their budget and individual pay.

With the call for reinforcements for the Russian National Branch, he sent Blaze, Fissure, and The Martyr for a number of reasons.  He believed that they would prove to be effective in the mission that was called for in Russia, he trusted them immensely to do the job that needed to be done, and he wanted the Dallas Headquarters' most destructive hunters out of his hair for some time to make the cover up operation easier.  Gemini was sent specifically because Corvino had asked him to not be sent, and also because Arsenal wanted him to "prove that the Internatonal Director was wrong to insult one of [his] best operatives."  Not to mention that he was working on a little something he wanted to surprise the dragon with.

[spoiler=Abilities:]

Eyeless Sight:  One of the consequences of drinking the demon's blood was the loss of Anton's normal eyesight, with both eyes becoming solid orbs of crimson and his optic nerves ceasing to function.  However, his Tainted Force manifested in a curious way which approximated the sense of sight, and did so much more.  It allows him to know the exact location of any and every being within his "arc of sight" regardless of any obstacles between himself and them, and essentially allows him to completely ignore visual cover for the purposes of acquiring a target.  Furthermore, he is able to see the Tainted Force of demons and other Hunters.  While the form it takes escapes anything that he can describe, he is able to recognize and identify what sorts of abilities a demon or hunter might have based on subtle differences in it.  Of course this only applies to traits he has seen before, so if something completely new were to appear he would be unable to even guess at what its abilities were.

Shadowmeld:  Snipers are, of course, trained to avoid detection at all costs and thus are highly proficient in moving silently and nearly invisibly.  This ability takes that to unnatural levels, as Anton is able to essentially become one with the shadows.  When obscured by darkness or shade, the soldier becomes all but completely undetectable both visually and otherwise.  In fact, the only surefire way to know he is there is to sense his Tainted Force.  Of course that doesn't change the fact that he's actually still there, or that the flash and noise of a weapon being fired from the shadows would alert an enemy.

Shadow Jump:  The evolution to his abilities brought on by the addition of his demonic right arm.  Anton is now able to "leap" from one shadow to another while retaining his invisibility.  He can only move between shadows a maximum of six meters apart, but the motion between them is nearly instantaneous.  While the way he does this escapes his ability to explain clearly, he has said that he can see a strange sort of connection between shadows around him.  The connection narrows the further the shadows are away, and beyond six meters he is unable to fit through such a narrow passage.

Elite Military Skills:  Due to his inclusion in an elite military unit, Anton was of course subjected to some of the most intense training the United States Military provides.  This includes extensive physical fitness, hand to hand combat, combat operation, capture evasion, escape, and interrogation resistance training.  The end result is a man who is in physically imposing shape, and possessing a set of skills which make going up against him a daunting task even for those with more offensive TF abilities.

Marksmanship:  It was said by many that Staff Sergeant Siedrich was born with a rifle in his hands, and while that is quite obviously not literally true there are very few who can match him when it comes to the ability to put rounds on target.  Perhaps most notable is the synergy this skill has with his eyeless sight, essentially making it so that no target within range of his weapon is safe.

Enhanced Natural Abilities:  A change that all hunters eventually see as their Tainted Force grows in power, Anton has become significantly stronger and faster over the past year.  While this was significantly accelerated by the addition of the demonic arm, it has done little more than simply increase his ability to fight demons safely alone.  He is still nowhere near as strong as strong or fast as hunters whose TF specifically enhances those, but he has surpassed the human maximum by a considerable margin.

Survival:  Part of his military training that Anton was especially talented in was the wilderness survival course, wherein soldiers are taught how to live off the land for extended periods of time in the case that they are stranded.  While this almost never comes into play, he did learn a great deal about making a variety of traps.  From simple pit traps to nooses and dead falls, if it is normally used to catch game Anton knows how to make it.  Furthermore, he adapted these skills into producing up-sized versions to incapacitate humans and demons alike.

[spoiler=Arsenal]

Bolt Rifle:  Otherwise known as the Gyro-Rocket Marksman Carbine, this weapon is unique in its function.  Originally a piece of equipment used by Omega Force, after the dissolution of that unit it quickly became available both to the armed forces at large and to private owners through the purchase of surplus.  Multiple variants of the weapon exist, with the Marksman Carbine essentially filled the roll of a Sniper Rifle while maintaining a semi-automatic option should the Sniper need to fire multiple shots rapidly.  The ammunition for which these weapons are named is the Gyro-Rocket, or "Bolt", round; consisting of a .75 caliber (19 mm) rocket propelled shell, which travels at speed equivalent to  that of large caliber rifle bullets, containing a delayed explosive charge set to detonate shortly after the round makes impact with a target.  The result is an explosion which occurs inside the target's body, resulting in massive cavitation.  The Rifle variant caries a seven round magazine.  While all bolt weapons were originally made with only a single standard type of ammunition, since they were made more available and became fairly popular with Demon Hunters, a number of different rounds have been made available for them.  Those used by Anton are listed below.

• Kraken Rounds:  While the origins of the name are not widely known, these are essentially armor piercing variants of Bolt Rounds.  A more energetic propellant, which results in faster acceleration and higher maximum speed, and Tungsten Carbide tip allow for these rounds to make quick work of all but the toughest of hides and armor.
  • Fragmentation Rounds:  Also known as "Metal Storm" rounds, these pack a smaller store of propellant which reduces the round's speed and range.  They make up for this by carrying a larger explosive payload, encased in metal designed to fragment into thousands of tiny razor-sharp shards and a unique detonation system which triggers the payload roughly a meter from the nearest solid surface.  These are ideal for dealing with multiple, relatively weak targets.
  • Incendiary Rounds:  Replacing the normal explosive payload with some form of incendiary material, usually Phosphorous, and the delayed fuse with an impact fuse, these rounds are capable of engulfing a man-sized target in a fiery blast for a few moments.
  • Frost Rounds:  Much like the incendiary rounds, these replace the delayed fuse with one which triggers detonation on impact.  Unlike the aforementioned ammunition, these carry a payload of some or another gas compressed into a liquid state, usually Nitrogen.  When they "detonate," the result is a shower of liquid well below the freezing point of water which quickly produces a large icy cloud.
  • Toxin Rounds:  A modification on the standard bolt round, these replace the explosive payload with a reservoir which can be filled with liquid and the fuse with a time-delayed mechanism which opens small holes around the tip of the round.  True to their name, this reservoir is often filled with some sort of poison held under pressure.  This pressure results in the toxic payload flooding out of the holes once they are opened.  Furthermore, forward-facing barbs along the end of the round prevent it from going completely through the target to allow the toxic payload to be delivered directly into the target.  Against demons, the payload is typically an aqueous solution of Silver Nitrate.
  • Shock Rounds:  A newer addition to his armory, these rounds replace the explosive payload with a large battery and electric circuitry.  As with all bolt rounds, they are designed to penetrate a target before a time-delayed mechanism sets them off.  In the case of these ones, that mechanism sees dozens of electrified barbs shooting out of the sides of the round to both stick in the flesh and deliver the electrical current into the victim's body.  The strength of the electrical current is sufficient to completely paralyze most demons, and to slow those of sufficient size or power that it cannot paralyze them.
  • Demon's Blood Rounds:  A recent addition to Anton's arsenal, these were developed after the hunter realized that his melee weapon was more damaging to demons after he had slain a demon with it and left the blade buried in the demon's chest while the creature died.  Experimentation revealed that the taint of a demon could be passed on to any weapon or piece of ammunition that was soaked in the beast's fresh blood, and thus that the implement gained a sort of Tainted Force of its own.  Rather than utilize this on his more specialized rounds, Anton only soaks Kraken Bolt Rounds in the blood of slain demons.  Since the Chernabog Incident, he has made many more of these rounds and now has a total stock of 99 bullets.

Magnum Revolver:  A much simpler weapon, this could be considered Anton's "backup gun."  For use when enemies are too close for him to reload or ready his "bolter" before they close upon him.  This .357 caliber (9 mm) revolver is capable of holding nine magnum rounds at a time, meaning that the rounds are propelled down range by a much larger powder charge than is normal for a bullet of their size.  Unlike his bolter, Anton uses only a single type of round with his revolver: lead bullets encased in a full jacket of pure silver.  In stark contrast to much of the nonsense he was taught while part of Omega Force, Silver has proven to be quite effective against Demons.

Heavy Anti-tank Rifle:  A permanent addition made to his arsenal after the encounter with The Metal, this weapon is terrifyingly powerful.  Firing 30mm rounds out to a maximum accurate range of 2000 meters as quickly as the marksman can pull the trigger, it is technically classified as an Autocannon.  Due to it significant weight, and the great noise and muzzle flash it produces when firing, Anton only carries this weapon if he knows ahead of time that he is going to be engaging a demon of at least A-class at long or extreme ranges.  Otherwise, it stays back in his quarters.  In terms of ammunition, it fires a somewhat experimental type of round.  Primarily lead, surrounded by a jacket of pure silver with a hollow core.  This core is completely filled with Quicksilver, greatly increasing the mass of the round and also causing it to fracture on impact and flood the wound it produces with the liquid metal.  Research is still being conducted to determine if the substance is as toxic to demons as normal silver.

Demonic Bow:  The weapon originally claimed as a simple trophy from the demon that invaded the Dallas Headquarters has now become a permanent addition to Anton's Arsenal.  Requiring a demon, or a hunter with a demonic body part, to draw it, the weapon cannot be fitted with any arrows.  Instead, it produces its own arrows made of pure tainted force.  The maximum range on these arrows is only 250 meters before they dissipate, but within that range they remain incredibly lethal weapons.  A target struck by one of the arrows has them burrow deep into their body, and spread throughout it with an effect not entirely unlike that of a necrotic venom.  Targets with particularly powerful Tainted Forces are resistant to it, such as hunters who have been so for a very long time or demons of C-Class and higher.

Mark 1 Switch-Axe:  A replacement for his single-edged sword, which was broken during the Chernabog Incident, this weapon has so far proved to be up to the job.  The blades are stained permanently red, as he saw to it that the flux used in their forging was laced with Demon Blood, and that they were quenched in fresh blood from one of the stronger demons that the American National Branch has since captured.  This saw to it that the blades had a permanent Tainted Force within them, which makes the weapon anathema to demonic flesh.  The weapon can seamlessly switch between the form of a sword or an axe with the flick of a wrist and the press of a button; the blades are held in place by an electromagnetic field once they reach either position.  It is quite heavy, such that only a sufficiently strong hunter could wield it easily.  In fact, he has considered having a pair of similar weapons made for Fissure upon her return.

Bullet-proof Armor and Ghillie Suit:  Old habits die hard, and one of Anton's is wearing the equivalent of his old working uniform.  While it's not quite the same grade, he still wears a mix of hard and soft bullet resistant armor covering the majority of his chest, arms, and legs for some extra protection while maintaining mobility.  In situations where he operates out in the wilderness, he includes a Ghillie suit to provide extra camouflage while in the brush.

Well I'll review Anton and if you want the other reviewed say so. (or if you want Anton reviewed by one more say so)

[spoiler=review]Well you certainly gave the image quite well. It’s interesting how, despite his rough appearance, he actually dresses fairly well. I assume all this is due to military stuff, which makes perfect sense. I will say that I keep forgetting his age, he just looks so much earlier. But I’ve seen what many people who come back from the military can look like, so it can pass. Not to mention demon-y stuff, so more or less the appearance is what I would expect. As it’s well described I won’t just write it off as typical.

His personality is, well what I would expect from an ex-soldier and now director. That’s not really a bad thing, but there’s nothing about the personality that truly gives me a sense of uniqueness. He fills the role we want for the position, but not much beyond that. The secret thing is only slightly out of line with the rest, but I would’ve liked to see how it affects him, having to keep these secrets. It’s kinda barebones personality and looks partially to be bio as well.

It doesn’t really show...how anything affects him now that I think about it, not even the Black Tuesday incident. I forgot if the original had more or not...

And speaking of bio oh gosh so long, diving in...

Well the whole government demon hunting organization is to be expected, I’ve seen it before, but I do appreciate that they never took demon blood and that they didn’t take out anything super strong. They did well for what they had, but they didn’t have as much as the government seemed to think. Pretty cool idea.

The Black Tuesday stuff is really cool, even at just this basic stuff and not the report. You did well to capture how dangerous the A class was, and I really like that three survived, and it’s not a Lone Survivor kinda thing.

Did Omega Force work with the DHG or something? Just the idea of filling out some paperwork and submitting an application is funny to me. ^^;

A few months seems slightly fast, but...given how the DHG seems to work, I guess not. It is interesting to note how quickly he adapted. Which I would expect of a soldier I suppose. But at least you did point out that he did have negative feelings about it, despite it feels more a foot note than anything.

The ACIOP is a neat idea, though...I do want to know how it was received by others, it kinda feels like the kinda thing that is a bit unrealistic but...I’m not sure.

The demon arm I feel is a reference. But I don’t know it, and thus as a writing thing...ehhh it feels farfetched. I have no idea why he decided to do it or anything, it just was a bit of a blemish imo. Not to mention capturing an A class feels too much on its own.

I enjoyed his reasoning about sending certain members, it showed a bit more of how he thinks and that he has a cheeky side.

His abilities, combined together, may be a bit too much...though since he’s the top dog it could work anyway. But it does seem like he’s almost too strong. Not being able to see normally is a hard thing to tackle, but it seems like everything checks out on that front.

I’m impressed by the detail you put into everything for the abilities and weapons so I can at very least say you did well with those. Even if it does feel like too much.

Overall...tricky. It’s well written, it flows right, nothing too contradictory, and barely any “This doesn’t work” moments. On the other hand a lot of the stuff feels slightly typical for the archetype and I would’ve liked...more. That sounds weird given how much there is but let me explain.

His personality is fairly basic, I don’t really know anything about him. There could’ve been a lot more there, to really get a good idea how he is besides soldier-boy. And the bio, while great, needed one thing. Before. We know nothing about how his life growing up at all was like, which I kinda wish was there.

But it’s a great character and app, well constructed, some interesting bits. I’d say, 82/100. Highest score thus far :3

Well I'll review Anton and if you want the other reviewed say so. (or if you want Anton reviewed by one more say so)

[spoiler=review]Well you certainly gave the image quite well. It’s interesting how, despite his rough appearance, he actually dresses fairly well. I assume all this is due to military stuff, which makes perfect sense. I will say that I keep forgetting his age, he just looks so much earlier. But I’ve seen what many people who come back from the military can look like, so it can pass. Not to mention demon-y stuff, so more or less the appearance is what I would expect. As it’s well described I won’t just write it off as typical.

His personality is, well what I would expect from an ex-soldier and now director. That’s not really a bad thing, but there’s nothing about the personality that truly gives me a sense of uniqueness. He fills the role we want for the position, but not much beyond that. The secret thing is only slightly out of line with the rest, but I would’ve liked to see how it affects him, having to keep these secrets. It’s kinda barebones personality and looks partially to be bio as well.

It doesn’t really show...how anything affects him now that I think about it, not even the Black Tuesday incident. I forgot if the original had more or not...

And speaking of bio oh gosh so long, diving in...

Well the whole government demon hunting organization is to be expected, I’ve seen it before, but I do appreciate that they never took demon blood and that they didn’t take out anything super strong. They did well for what they had, but they didn’t have as much as the government seemed to think. Pretty cool idea.

The Black Tuesday stuff is really cool, even at just this basic stuff and not the report. You did well to capture how dangerous the A class was, and I really like that three survived, and it’s not a Lone Survivor kinda thing.

Did Omega Force work with the DHG or something? Just the idea of filling out some paperwork and submitting an application is funny to me. ^^;

A few months seems slightly fast, but...given how the DHG seems to work, I guess not. It is interesting to note how quickly he adapted. Which I would expect of a soldier I suppose. But at least you did point out that he did have negative feelings about it, despite it feels more a foot note than anything.

The ACIOP is a neat idea, though...I do want to know how it was received by others, it kinda feels like the kinda thing that is a bit unrealistic but...I’m not sure.

The demon arm I feel is a reference. But I don’t know it, and thus as a writing thing...ehhh it feels farfetched. I have no idea why he decided to do it or anything, it just was a bit of a blemish imo. Not to mention capturing an A class feels too much on its own.

I enjoyed his reasoning about sending certain members, it showed a bit more of how he thinks and that he has a cheeky side.

His abilities, combined together, may be a bit too much...though since he’s the top dog it could work anyway. But it does seem like he’s almost too strong. Not being able to see normally is a hard thing to tackle, but it seems like everything checks out on that front.

I’m impressed by the detail you put into everything for the abilities and weapons so I can at very least say you did well with those. Even if it does feel like too much.

Overall...tricky. It’s well written, it flows right, nothing too contradictory, and barely any “This doesn’t work” moments. On the other hand a lot of the stuff feels slightly typical for the archetype and I would’ve liked...more. That sounds weird given how much there is but let me explain.

His personality is fairly basic, I don’t really know anything about him. There could’ve been a lot more there, to really get a good idea how he is besides soldier-boy. And the bio, while great, needed one thing. Before. We know nothing about how his life growing up at all was like, which I kinda wish was there.

But it’s a great character and app, well constructed, some interesting bits. I’d say, 82/100. Highest score thus far :3

It's cool if you just wanna review Anton. 

[spoiler=The Questioning Steadfast]

Name: Katsu Ganjōna

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Physical Description]sNAnHos.png

Height: 6'2

Weight: 230 lbs

He wears the four bright and tattered headbands always, no matter what people try to dress him in. He usually goes shirtless, because no shirt can hold back his raw MANLY HOT BLOODEDNESS! He has scars all across his body, but the most noticeable one is the one across his chest, starting from his left shoulder down to his left hip.

[spoiler=Duel Disk] He has a standard duel disk, not feeling like his money should be spent on a special custom one.

[spoiler=Duel Runner]He does not have one, unless Satisfaction provides a standard one for him.

[spoiler=Personality]The two words anyone who met this tall duelist would use to describe him is 'Hot Blooded'. He's passionate about anything he does, always in high gear when other people are around. He's not very secretive, answering any question would ask him, and he assumes the rest of the world is as honest as he is. He takes insults directed at him without reaction, however, never insult his dueling style or his family. His hot blooded-ness comes out in full force, and you're likely to get burned.

That is all a cover though. When alone, however, he calms down significantly, almost to the point someone would think he was depressed. Because now, he has no one to distract him from his thoughts. He feels as if he has lost his purpose in life, and he questions if his Steadfast way is even the right way.

He does not wish to harm those he deems innocent, like children or people that are just bystanders, but knows that sometimes, it is unavoidable. This does not stop him from beating himself up if someone is hurt from his actions.

[spoiler=Biography] Katsu was the oldest of four children, raised by his father, a dojo master of Steadfast Dueling and Mahō Kādoken on the outskirts of Center. He was in line to inherit the dojo, and so he trained hard, both his body and his dueling skills. Life was not the easiest, sometimes food was scare, but all in all, he was happy.

As he dueled, he felt a close connection to Superheavy Samurai Big Benkei, and was determined to make his deck work with him, despite everyone telling him that Superheavy Samurai General Hisui was a much better choice. He worked on his martial art and deck, working to make himself as steadfast as the card he felt such a connection to. For his 17th birthday, however, his father gave him a card and a challenge. He was to try to summon a monster no other Superheavy Samurai duelist in the dojo had been able to summon: Superheavy Great God Izana-G. He has yet to summon it, but has dedicated himself to try to summon it, even once.

One day while he was out of Center doing a 10 km run, he saw the explosion of the Zero Reverse and the collapsing section of Skyway. He rushed home as fast as he could, passing by several blocks of the destroyed area, only stopping to help some people he found trapped under a section of Skyway. He finally returned home to the dojo, only to find it completely crushed under a section of the destroyed Skyway. Digging through the ruins rewarded him with the dead bodies of his siblings and father. Taking each of the headbands of his brothers and sister and tying them to his body, he made a vow that day to bring an end to Momentum.

That event, however, shook him to the core, to the point he falters in both his hotbloodedness and steadfastness from time to time. For now, he rebuilds the family's dojo, wishing to restore it to its former glory. He wishes to join his family in the afterlife, but first wants to make sure that another Zero Reverse will never happen again. When that is done, however, he has determined to commit an honorable suicide so that he may join them.

x393wz.jpg

Alignment: Satisfaction

[spoiler=Deck]Superheavy Samurai: These Earth Machines boast an incredible defense, with their boss monsters being able to attack from the defense position. They are able to turn the tides in a instant using either Synchro or Tribute Summoning.

Ace Card: SuperHeavy Samurai Big Benkei.

[spoiler=Custom Cards](Notice: This is a late rp card he gets, when he finally strength his resolve and truly becomes the hot blooded guy he acts like)

Superheavy Great God Izana-G

Level 12

Earth

Machine

2 "SuperHeavy Samurai" Tuners + 1 or more non-tuner "SuperHeavy Samurai" monsters.

(This card is treated as a SuperHeavy Samurai monster) This card can attack from the face up Defense Position. If you have no Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard: you can Special Summon 1 "SuperHeavy Samurai" monster from your Main Deck in face-up defense position. You can reveal 1 "Superheavy Samurai" monster in your Deck, and either add it to your hand or send it to the Graveyard. You can only use each of these effects of "Superheavy Great God Izana-G" once per turn. "SuperHeavy Samurai" monsters cannot be banished, except by their own effects.

2600/4500

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Misc. Information]

[spoiler=Theme Songs]

• Likes meat. Meat is his favorite food. Meeeeeeat...
  • Usually stays absolutely focused on one thing, no matter how unhealthy it is.

[spoiler=4 AM Review]Okay let’s see how he lo...holy cow muscles! Okay this guy is scary big for a 19 year old but...hmm, sure, I suppose. Laughed at the burning hot manliness bit, that was cute.

And strangely I like that he has standard stuff, it’s a nice personality touch there.

Hot-blooded and honest, his personality can be described in two words. While long personalities isn’t needed for an interesting character, it is a bit underwhelming. Believing that everyone is honest is kinda neat, could lead to a lot of fun stuff.

Then suddenly the inner personality. Um, well, I totally get what you were going for, and it’s not a bad thing, I do question how...extreme it is. For instance, why does he think this way, what causes this, what part of him makes him need to be distracted and why when not distracted does he automatically jump to that? It’s all so sudden and confusing....

Oldest child, lotta pressure, wanting to inherit a dojo and was trained hard. Pretty generic, but it works just fine. I don’t know the YGO side of the card thing but it’s kinda neat he felt such a connection to one card even with it being the weaker choice.

And putting in that goal and reasoning for it (the summoning of the custom card) was a nice touch for sure. ESPECIALLY as he wasn’t able to yet, making him not a super prodigy that did it first try was good.

Okay the family dying thing...this...while it on one hand explains his inner personality it also...doesn’t. Because it feels disconnected. It’s as if...the way the personality is written it almost feels like this isn’t the reason for it. Like it doesn’t seem to fit that that’s the reaction to his family’s death. So it’s still...iffy. Especially “he lost his purpose in life” doesn’t make sense.

Hmm. He seems fairly basic, a generic start of a backstory with the typical surprise, a decent personality but one without a ton of substance and some confusing choices....I’d say...

70/100. Not terrible at all, good, but not anything particularly special.

Keep in mind if you want another to review say so. ^^

Also keep in mind. I can only review what I see. A great app could be a crap character and vice verse, depending on what's done when the character is written in a story. I try to keep that in mind while reviewing, but there are instances where this is tricky.

Gonna be interesting doing a full review of a character from my own RP :3

I'll try and get to more reviews soon, got a slight vacation so hopefully this coming week will get a couple more done.

Archived