Field Spell Fishies (One of those archetypes that's like reading a chapter book)

Snatch Steal

NOTICE: I AM REPOSTING THIS THREAD.

Anyone who reads this all the way through is a literal card trooper.

...get it?

It's more conceptual than anything else, so feel free to offer your ideas.

"BUT SNATCH STEAL," you say, "THIS IS NO DIFFERENT, OR MAYBE WORSE, THAN PENDULUMS!"

Um, yes? It is???

1: It's less broken, so you can use it against those genwunners who plead "No Pend, Xyz, Meta"

2: It's more creative, and these are casual multiples

3: They can utilize graveyard based effects

4: They can't be pendulum summoned anyway, since their level is too high/low

Description: The goal of Seascape is to activate your Fish-Types as field spells and swarm the field with powerful level twelves. They are all entirely centered on Field Spells, eventually becoming them to assist the current fish on the field. When you Xyz summon a rank 12 monster, it has a whopping 8000 ATK to get over all natural monsters, but it cannot deal battle damage. 

[spoiler=Monsters]

9JvoWQ7.jpg

You can put this card (from your hand or face-up on your side of the field) into your Field Spell Card zone as a face-up Field Spell Card you control. You can only activate "Seascape Catalyst" this way once per turn. While this card is a field Spell Card, it gains the following effects:

• Once per turn; you can add 1 "Seascape" Monster from your deck to your hand. When this card leaves the field: you can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; banish that target.

WfDrqUY.jpg
You can put this card (from your hand or face-up on your side of the field) into your Field Spell Card zone as a face-up Field Spell Card you control. You can only activate “Seascape Spelunker“ this way once per turn. While this card is a field Spell Card, it gains the following effects:
• Your opponent cannot target "Seascape" Monsters you control for attacks, but this does not prevent them from attacking you directly. The first time you would take battle damage in a turn; reduce that damage to 0. When this card leaves the field: You can pay 1000 Life Points; activate 1 "Seascape" monster from your hand or main deck as a Field Spell Card.

rQ3v7ws.jpg
You can put this card (from your hand or face-up on your side of the field) into your Field Spell Card zone as a face-up Field Spell Card you control. You can only activate “Seascape Fertilizer“ this way once per turn. While this card is a field Spell Card, it gains the following effects:
• You can destroy this card; special summon 2 "Seascape" monsters with the same name from your deck. When this card is removed from the field: You can set 1 "Seascape" monster from your deck in your Field Spell Card Zone. It cannot be flipped face-up this turn.

bk1iBiR.jpg
You can put this card (from your hand or face-up on your side of the field) into your Field Spell Card zone as a face-up Field Spell Card you control. You can only activate “Seascape Denizen“ this way once per turn. While this card is a field Spell Card, it gains the following effects:
• Once per turn: You can tribute 1 monster, then target up to 2 face-up monsters your opponent controls; choose one to shuffle into the deck, and one to flip facedown. When this card is destroyed by card effect: During your next standby phase; you can special summon this card from your graveyard.

tXAcbpV.jpg
You can put this card (from your hand or face-up on your side of the field) into your Field Spell Card zone as a face-up Field Spell Card you control. You can only activate “Seascape “ this way once per turn. While this card is a field Spell Card, it gains the following effects:
• When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Seascape" Monster in your graveyard; special summon it. Its effects are negated. Your opponent cannot target "Seascape" cards with card effects. 

Xqz10eD.jpg
Any battle damage this card inflicts to your opponent is halved. You can put this card (from your hand or face-up on your side of the field) into your Field Spell Card zone as a face-up Field Spell Card you control. You can only activate “Seascape “ this way once per turn. While this card is a field Spell Card, it gains the following effects:
• During either player's turn: You can target 1 card you control; return it to the hand, then you can Special Summon 1 "Seascape" Monster from your hand. Its effects are negated. When this card leaves the field: You can banish 1 level 5 or higher monster your opponent controls. 

[spoiler=Spells]

5fm1QQo.jpg
Special Summon 1 Fish-Type monster from your deck. It is unaffected by other card effects this turn, but its effects are negated, also banish it during your next Battle Phase. You cannot Special Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Seascape" card, except "Seascape Fishing Trip," from your deck to your hand. You can only use 1 effect of "Seascape Fishing Trip" per turn, and only once that turn.

[spoiler=Traps]

qhxVZ9r.jpg
All "Seascape" monsters gain 100 DEF. When your opponent Special Summons a Monster while you control a "Seascape" Monster with less ATK or DEF than that monster's ATK: You can target 1 "Seascape" Spell Card on the field and 1 card your opponent controls; return them to the hand. You can only control 1 "Seascape Field Trip." You can only use this effect of "Seascape Field Trip" per turn.

dlLkAZd.jpg
Banish all "Seascape" cards you control, and if you banished at least 1 card by this effect, you take no damage for the rest of this turn. Return any cards banished by this effect to their original positions during the end phase of this turn.

[spoiler=Extra]

QUPHFGD.jpg
2 Level 12 Monsters
This card is unaffected by card effects from cards on the field and gains 8000 ATK while you control a Field Spell card. Any battle damage this card inflicts to your opponent becomes 0 (this effect cannot be negated). When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can pay 500 Life Points; add 1 "Seascape" Spell/Trap card from your deck to your hand. When this is destroyed by card effect and sent to the Graveyard; you can activate it in your Field Spell Card zone as a Field Spell Card. While this card is a Field Spell Card, it gains this effect:
• Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 "Seascape" monster you control and 1 special summoned monster your opponent controls; Xyz summon this card, using those two monsters as Xyz materials. You can only summon "Seascape Academia(s)" once per turn.

6cZKyvG.jpg
2 Level 12 Monsters
This card gains 8000 ATK and is unaffected by card effects from cards on the field while you control a Field Spell card. Any battle damage this card inflicts to your opponent becomes 0 (this effect cannot be negated). When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can activate 1 "Seascape" Monster from your deck in your Field Spell Card zone. When this card is destroyed by card effect and sent to the Graveyard; you can activate it in your Field Spell Card zone as a Field Spell Card. While this card is a Field Spell Card, it gains this effect:
• Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 "Seascape" monster you control and 1 special summoned monster your opponent controls; Xyz summon this card, using those two monsters as Xyz materials. You can only summon "Seascape Azure(s)" once per turn.

Strategy and Support: One of the deck's strengths is in its attribution: cards like Moray of Greed and Salvage allow for consistency in a deck where Normal Summons are nearly obsolete. Ancient Fairy Dragon might be helpful if other field spells are used. Honestly, the deck is basically its own support until it gets a field spell.

Weaknesses: No Synchro or low-level Xyz is the main drawback of the deck. In fact, the only extra deck monsters you can summon are the archetypal ones. Be careful about getting called a noob for having a 6-card extra deck on Duel Portal. 
Swarm floodgates are typically annoying, such as Vanity's Emptiness, sometimes Skill Drain, Lose One Turn if you Xyz, and perhaps And The Band Played On (Isn't there a card that disallows the summoning of level 5 or higher monsters?)

Lore: The deck is based on fishing in general, but I don't have a reason for the field spell cards. Also the fish are big.

Edits: Nerfed Fertilizer and the Xyz Monsters

Nice effects, but one problem! The Xyz Monsters were a little too overpowered due to their effects and their ATK! I know, 8000 ATK makes them unique, but it just too high! You can make them 3500 ~ 5000 ATK, or just add a effect that makes them increase 8000 ATK. And both of their effects seems a little broken, they both triggers their effects once they've been destroyed by card effects, but their first effect restricted it. Anyway, I like their play style! Good job!

I really only have a problem with Fertilizer because it can destroy itself to Special Summon 2 Seascape monsters of the same name and then target itself again to activate itself as a Field Spell since it left the field. Then you can repeat it at least 5 more times, assuming you have at least 2 copies of each monster in your Deck. This can be done because its activation restriction is only applied to its first effect, which is to activate it as a Field Spell by its own monster effect. You can however restrict this by rewording it as "You can only activate 1 "Seascape Fertilizer" as a Field Spell once per turn." Or something along those lines as it is ridiculously spammable.

Well actually, Fertilizer misses timing on its second effect. Is that intentional? If it is it would be a shame since it's first effect couldn't activate its second effect. I think you should either add hard 1/turn clauses or prevent it from targeting itself or both.

This is a very interesting archetype. I really love the idea - I had an idea like this once. I would review more, but I'm running out of time.

The Xyz Monsters were a little too overpowered due to their effects and their ATK! I know, 8000 ATK makes them unique, but it just too high! You can make them 3500 ~ 5000 ATK, or just add a effect that makes them increase 8000 ATK. 

Changed it. They are now prone to Veiler and MST

I really only have a problem with Fertilizer because it can destroy itself to Special Summon 2 Seascape monsters of the same name and then target itself again to activate itself as a Field Spell since it left the field. Then you can repeat it at least 5 more times, assuming you have at least 2 copies of each monster in your Deck. This can be done because its activation restriction is only applied to its first effect, which is to activate it as a Field Spell by its own monster effect. You can however restrict this by rewording it as "You can only activate 1 "Seascape Fertilizer" as a Field Spell once per turn." Or something along those lines as it is ridiculously spammable.

Changed it. Instead of activating the card, it now sets it. 

how are you going to get the opponent's life points down with this deck? I just think it will be a bit too tough to actually kill your opponent unless i can get assured of a good strategy with this deck like a burn card or something

Call of the Haunted? I dunno, it's not exactly a very offensive deck. It would probably do better to sit and wait until your opponent is out of Castels/Dark Rebellions/Dark Destroyers/etc. and hope for the best. 

There's always Heartlandraco if you can get lucky with rank 4s.

Archived