Shootings in Paris, France

Aerion Brightflame

A woman named Isobel Bowdery was one of the unfortunate people to be in attendance of the concert that was attacked, she summarized the experience in a facebook post, I'd really urge anyone to give it a read. In it she talks about essentially pretending to be dead for over an hour, it's really funked up and really wakes you up to the gravity of the situation. Especially so, when she writes "As i lay down in the blood of strangers and waiting for my bullet to end my mere 22 years, I envisioned every face that I have ever loved and whispered I love you. over and over again".

The entire post is heavy, but that last part specifically humanized everything for me, personally.

And that's really the hard part, I think. We see sheet like this on the news so frequently that we become so numb to it all. Eventually we lose the ability to legitimately humanize the situation. Even when it's to this scale, at the end of the day it's just the news spitting more numbers at us. And it's terrible, people see the number count and the headlines and are automatically "outraged". Politicians vowing vengeance, journalists scrambling to find the culprits, and people evoking hate towards anything and everyone.

They like to name assailants, Muslims attacking non-Muslims, hating others is easy when you can contrast them so heavily against yourself. But fundamentally, it's just humans killing other humans.

It's not outrageous, it's not shocking, it's just sad.

It's being reported that they've found one of the suicide bombers passports and according to those reports, it's a Syrian passport

Why am I not surprised? With the huge waves of migrants coming into the EU, someone with heinous intentions was bound to slip in.

Good news boys.  Those passports were funking fake.  

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/syrian-passports-found-scene-paris-attacks-fakes-made-turkey-police-520642631

It's easy to blame the Syrians (considering this is the exact type of sheet they're fleeing from) and instantly blame them for something this tragic.  As is most of my state and a large portion of the funking U.S.  But I encourage you to read and get some more information.

Good news boys.  Those passports were f***ing fake.  

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/syrian-passports-found-scene-paris-attacks-fakes-made-turkey-police-520642631

It's easy to blame the Syrians (considering this is the exact type of s*** they're fleeing from) and instantly blame them for something this tragic.  As is most of my state and a large portion of the f***ing U.S.  But I encourage you to read and get some more information.

Fake passports (if that is the case) don't surprise me either; I looked into it, and a number of folks made compelling arguments for the passport thing being fishy.

Even if it weren't fake, I wasn't blaming all the Syrians for what happened; that would be asinine.

I still stand by what I said about heinous folks being bound to slip through the net though.

I swear, it's either time to bomb the Islamic State to the ground (by that I mean the whole territory of that bs, not just ISIS bases, like France just did) or tighten the borders of each country so much that nobody from the east (past Russia etc) would be allowed to Europe / America.

But that will never happen, and people will continue to suffer from crazy Islamic terrorists.

Look, the vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists and have never and will never kill anyone, but to be quite honest, I feel like we spend a little too much time apologizing and/or insisting we're not Islamophobic.

It kind of reminds of me of the #notallmen nonsense.  It's true, but it doesn't necessarily need to be said and can kind of distract from the issue at hand.  

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/15/middleeast/france-announces-raqqa-airstrikes-on-isis/index.html

So, France conducted airstrikes against ISIS. I assume more info will come eventually.

I swear, it's either time to bomb the Islamic State to the ground (by that I mean the whole territory of that bs, not just ISIS bases, like France just did) or tighten the borders of each country so much that nobody from the east (past Russia etc) would be allowed to Europe / America.

But that will never happen, and people will continue to suffer from crazy Islamic terrorists.

Let's clear something up.  Daesh (because calling them ISIS implies they are apart of Islam.  They have nothing to do with Islam and they are not a state) is the proper term for these degenerates.  It identifies them as a partial entity who is separate from the Islamic State.  Just something I learned today.

Good news boys.  Those passports were f***ing fake.  

It's easy to blame the Syrians (considering this is the exact type of s*** they're fleeing from) and instantly blame them for something this tragic.  As is most of my state and a large portion of the f***ing U.S.  But I encourage you to read and get some more information.

Yea, several Governors are not allowing Syrian refugees in their states because of this. Also its almost as if the attackers wanted the media to know that they were part of the Syrian refugees, makes me wonder if they wanted the Syrians in Europe alienated and scapegoated on purpose.

Yea, several Governors are not allowing Syrian refugees in their states because of this. Also its almost as if the attackers wanted the media to know that they were part of the Syrian refugees, makes me wonder if they wanted the Syrians in Europe alienated and scapegoated on purpose.

That's a logical point.  But we should be perfectly rational on several points regarding the Syrian refugees.

1.)  They are running away from Da'esh.  These same people they are running from, are responsible for the attack in Paris.

2.)  There is a great chance that Da'esh is hiding among the Syrian people.  This is an indisputable fact.

3.)  That does not mean every Syrian refugee is related to Da'esh.  While we should be on alert and be wary of our surroundings, we should not alienate these people as if they weren't human.

Da'esh have very, very little chance at getting to D.C. Should be taken seriously, but I can't forsee them getting anywhere close.

They don't need to come in person. They just need to seduce/convince Americans or people that can move within the US without attracting suspicion to do their dirty work for them. That's why we need to redouble our efforts to counter terrorist recruitment strategies.

They don't need to come in person. They just need to seduce/convince Americans or people that can move within the US without attracting suspicion to do their dirty work for them. That's why we need to redouble our efforts to counter terrorist recruitment strategies.

I concur.  I did mention being cautious and on alert, but you're absolutely right.  Different measurements are very much being made, and anonymous forces--including Anonymous themselves--are taking on Daesh as well.  I have hope that this will be resolved soon.

Archived