Evilswarm Devastator

Aman Indra

Evilswarm Devastator

DARK/Dragon/Xyz/Effect

Rank 4

2650 ATK / 1850 DEF

2 Level 4 "Iswarm" monsters

When this card is Xyz summoned: Banish 1 face-up card your Opponent controls. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your Opponent activates a monster effect : You can detach an Xyz material from this card and pay 1000 Life Points: Negate that effect, and if you do, destroy it, then target 1 card in your Opponent's Graveyard; Banish it. If this Face-up card leaves the field with Xyz material: You can Special Summon a "Evilswarm" monster from your Extra Deck, and if you do: attach this card to that monster as an Xyz material. You can only use this effect of "Evilswarm Devastator" once per turn and only once that turn.

MDWiw8D.jpg

Card updated with generic monster negation.

Here's an idea, in order to preserve utility. Instead of adding back an infestation card which Ophion already does, how about when it's sent to the grave you can special summon one Verz monster from your Extra and attach this card as material to it? That way people will think twice about killing this card

Here's an idea, in order to preserve utility. Instead of adding back an infestation card which Ophion already does, how about when it's sent to the grave you can special summon one Verz monster from your Extra and attach this card as material to it? That way people will think twice about killing this card

Un-Targetable banish, monster negation + grave banish + a free new Xyz + material.

Would'nt this be too much for a rank 4 ?

Un-Targetable banish, monster negation + grave banish + a free new Xyz + material.

Would'nt this be too much for a rank 4 ?

Well 1

It's not generic, and it's competing against one of the best lock down monsters and change of heart on legs 

It can't attack the turn it uses the banish effect, the negation is nice, but it has a cost, you can't control the grave banish

Also it needs to die with material, so if they bait out two effects it won't float, I'm building in torrential protection 

Well 1

It's not generic, and it's competing against one of the best lock down monsters and change of heart on legs 

It can't attack the turn it uses the banish effect, the negation is nice, but it has a cost, you can't control the grave banish

Also it needs to die with material, so if they bait out two effects it won't float, I'm building in torrential protection 

Updated with effect change, and the card in graveyard is targeted and banished so the user does get to choose the card in grave.

Updated with effect change.

pretty nice, one final change I suggest is actually killing the thing it negates, otherwise you're stuck with the situation of negating veiler and the opponent being able to drop the same veiler again

Evilswarm Devastator

DARK/Dragon/Xyz/Effect

Rank 4

2600 ATK / 1800 DEF

When this card is Xyz summoned: Banish 1 face-up card your opponent controls. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your Opponent activates a monster effect: You can detach an Xyz material from this card and pay 1000 Life Points; Negate that effect, and if you do destroy it, then target 1 card in your Opponent's Graveyard; Banish it. If this face-up card leaves the field with Xyz material: You can special summon one "lswarm" monster from your  extra deck and attach this card to it as an Xyz Material.

pretty nice, one final change I suggest is actually killing the thing it negates, otherwise you're stuck with the situation of negating veiler and the opponent being able to drop the same veiler again

Evilswarm Devastator

DARK/Dragon/Xyz/Effect

Rank 4

2600 ATK / 1800 DEF

When this card is Xyz summoned: Banish 1 face-up card your opponent controls. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your Opponent activates a monster effect: You can detach an Xyz material from this card and pay 1000 Life Points; Negate that effect, and if you do destroy it, then target 1 card in your Opponent's Graveyard; Banish it. If this face-up card leaves the field with Xyz material: You can special summon one "lswarm" monster from your  extra deck and attach this card to it as an Xyz Material.

Updated ( as a mini evilswarm boss) xd

How do you summon it when Iswarm monsters don't exist? Also, this is pretty busted, all things considered. It's anti-monster negation combined with a D.D. Crow effect, and for the crime of trying to eliminate a problem you just get rewarded with an Ophion, Bahamut, or hell, just summon ANOTHER copy of this, allowing it to float consistently. Doesn't help that it works if you do it yourself, ah la Derp Hole to clear the field, then just summon something else. You can't bounce it, you can't banish it, you can't destroy it. Unless your opponent baits out the last mat you can just sit on this thing and laugh since it's a complete waste to even try to destroy it, as, as I said before, it can just float into a new copy. Hell, you don't even need to save it since it'll float.

I suggest you remove the SS clause, since this thing is pretty strong as-is, since it negates and destroys the monster AS A COST. That effect needs a serious clean-up.

When this card is Xyz summoned: Banish 1 face-up card your opponent controls. This card cannot attack the turn you used this effect. Once per either player's turn, when your Opponent activates a monster effect: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card and pay 1000 Life Points; negate that effect, and if you do destroy it, then target 1 card in your Opponent's Graveyard and banish it.

How do you summon it when Iswarm monsters don't exist? Also, this is pretty busted, all things considered. It's anti-monster negation combined with a D.D. Crow effect, and for the crime of trying to eliminate a problem you just get rewarded with an Ophion, Bahamut, or hell, just summon ANOTHER copy of this, allowing it to float consistently. Doesn't help that it works if you do it yourself, ah la Derp Hole to clear the field, then just summon something else. You can't bounce it, you can't banish it, you can't destroy it. Unless your opponent baits out the last mat you can just sit on this thing and laugh since it's a complete waste to even try to destroy it, as, as I said before, it can just float into a new copy. Hell, you don't even need to save it since it'll float.

I suggest you remove the SS clause, since this thing is pretty strong as-is, since it negates and destroys the monster AS A COST.

Yo  Broke i told the same thing to winter lol, damn now i have to edit this card again

Updated the card with original effect .

Broken you do realize verz are trash now right? Since they can't do anything but sit on Ophion. If his goal is to bring Verz up to speed he needs something to negate effects of monsters (outside pandemic's range) and something to maintain advantage. The DD-Crow effect isn't dd crow since he has no control over it. The card was fine as it was.

All the float effect does it barely keep advantage. If they dark hole you're left with 1 negate that you can't even use if you want to maintain advantage. Solemn Notice and other card are coming out in the near vicinity, monsters being able to negate doesn't mean anything, especially when it needs to used in a subpar deck like verz

Indra up to you in the end man

Broken you do realize verz are trash now right? Since they can't do anything but sit on Ophion. If his goal is to bring Verz up to speed he needs something to negate effects of monsters (outside pandemic's range) and something to maintain advantage. The DD-Crow effect isn't dd crow since he has no control over it. The card was fine as it was

Indra up to you in the end man

I guess i will have to take this card with both effects off to duel portal for a quick test i guess. Evilswarm do need some love.

This format is excessively monster heavy, and you just handed them an absurdly easy to make Dolkka that also Dark Core's on summon, at the cost of an inability to attack. A fine sacrifice since you get to cockblock monsters, which, as I said, are pretty god damn prevalent with PePe, Majespecter, PSY-Frame, Yosenju, Shaddoll, Super Quantum, Raidraptors, Blackwing, and Kozmo. This thing doesn't care WHERE a monster effect activates from, it will stop it. That's really frigging powerful, so powerful it doesn't need the float effect since it's now leaps and bounds above its fellow Xyz.

I guess i will have to take this card with both effects off to duel portal for a quick test i guess. Evilswarm do need some love.

Verz have triple Bunny and they still cannot keep up. The deck is so linear as it is that I don't see a problem with it being able to deal with Torrential

Verz have triple Bunny and they still cannot keep up. The deck is so linear as it is that I don't see a problem with it being able to deal with Torrential

Also broken it's not a cost to destroy.

Pay 1k: neg effect, pop, THEN target 1 card in the grave, dd crow

Can someone tell me what the f*** am i supposed to do here ? i have edited this card like 7 times now, maybe make it special summon a evilswarm xyz from grave and attach itself as material except this card ?

My text will give Verz a chance against decks that can summon multiple times ufazed like pepe and most pendulum decks.

His effect will give Verz a cute card they won't use over ophion.dek

This format is excessively monster heavy, and you just handed them an absurdly easy to make Dolkka that also Dark Core's on summon, at the cost of an inability to attack. A fine sacrifice since you get to cockblock monsters, which, as I said, are pretty god damn prevalent with PePe, Majespecter, PSY-Frame, Yosenju, Shaddoll, Super Quantum, Raidraptors, Blackwing, and Kozmo. This thing doesn't care WHERE a monster effect activates from, it will stop it. That's really frigging powerful, so powerful it doesn't need the float effect since it's now leaps and bounds above its fellow Xyz.

You get to stop one monster effect per turn. Look ahead, people are already running Maje Tempest, pepe will run Horn of Heaven and solemn Notice is right around the corner. You can't be passive about things. SQ RR and such aren't relevant here. Verz badly need a dolkka type monster and this is perfect for them. Unlike Dolk it can't activate multiple times per turn.

Indra if you really wanna appease Broken, make it so you can only use one effect of the card per turn and only once that turn, so you can't neg the turn you summon it and you can't float when you neg

My text will give Verz a chance against decks that can summon multiple times ufazed like pepe and most pendulum decks.

His effect will give Verz a cute card they won't use over ophion.dek

I think we should settle this with a 3rd guy opinion or a coin toss. But this card can float into itself which is the problem, maybe put pay half your life points clause or make it special summon something other than itself ?

If you want to improve on lswarm you need to work on their main deck, not their extra deck. There's no sense in trying to improve them by making busted Xyz when 75% of the archetype isn't even played. To my knowledge, the only lswarm run are Mandragora, Heliotrope, Castor, and Kerykeion. With maybe O'Wisp being used as well.

This guy is good with the Dark Core effect, and the monster negation. Because it's just flat negation, it will work anywhere. Field, hand, grave, banished pile, deck, extra deck. Anywhere. You don't need the float effect.

When this card is Xyz summoned: Banish 1 face-up card your opponent controls. This card cannot attack the turn you used this effect. Once per either player's turn, when your Opponent activates a monster effect: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card and pay 1000 Life Points; negate that effect, and if you do destroy it, then target 1 card in your Opponent's Graveyard and banish it.

This effect here is fine, since it does enough. You sincerely want to improve on lswarm? Make their main deck support better, so they have more plays than just spam Ophion.

If you want to improve on lswarm you need to work on their main deck, not their extra deck. There's no sense in trying to improve them by making busted Xyz when 75% of the archetype isn't even played. To my knowledge, the only lswarm run are Mandragora, Heliotrope, Castor, and Kerykeion. With maybe O'Wisp being used as well.

This guy is good with the Dark Core effect, and the monster negation. Because it's just flat negation, it will work anywhere. Field, hand, grave, banished pile, deck, extra deck. Anywhere. You don't need the float effect.

This effect here is fine, since it does enough. You sincerely want to improve on lswarm? Make their main deck support better, so they have more plays than just spam Ophion.

Let see, this effect suffers from the same weakens of Ophion on summon, can't search out any protection, and will always be an inferior choice to ophion since it's not a floodgate. 

I do agree on the maindeck point tho

...if it searches the 1 Infestation upon being sent to the Graveyard, you can call that fine.

Winter, it's OKAY for cards to have weaknesses. If they don't, you get the likes of Towers; giant unmovable asses. lswarm do run Lances and Dresses to my knowledge, and if you're going for a play without protection then of course things could go tits up. It's always possible for plays to be ruined, which is why lswarm need a better main deck. You don't fight fire with fire, since you only get more fire. You don't fight Rafflesia or CDI by making something even worse.

Well, broke.n right now the card is searching 1 "infestation" on floating ? even that aint fair ?

It's weak as hell then. Verz can't make multiple summons per turn without Reborn or Soul Charge. Oh, so you have a pandemic or the the recycling trap? Enjoy no field 

Its fair in that cancer like pepe can walk over it, it's unfair to verz

Archived