Spell/Trap Tutor Monster thingy...

AsterikcAde

What if in the current metagame that exists a monster card that gives you the spell or traps you need? Well, here you go!

scaORVF.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]Whenever a monster you control is sent from the field to the graveyard by battle while this card is face up on the field: Add a Spell or Trap card from the deck to your hand. At your End Phase: You can banish this card from your graveyard to shuffle all Spell and Trap cards from your graveyard into the deck, then draw a card.

Rather genius in the way that it gathers the spells and traps when a monster you have is sent to the field and the graveyard, that is also the main downside of this card. Due to being no OPT clause in the card, this card can frantically search all the spells and traps you need to turn the tables on your opponent depending on the deck it is teched in. I suggest to add a clause that only add a certain amount of cards to your hand when only a specific number of monsters is sent to the graveyard. For example, if the max number is 3 monsters, you can add 3 spells/traps.  

Rather genius in the way that it gathers the spells and traps when a monster you have is sent to the field and the graveyard, that is also the main downside of this card. Due to being no OPT clause in the card, this card can frantically search all the spells and traps you need to turn the tables on your opponent depending on the deck it is teched in. I suggest to add a clause that only add a certain amount of cards to your hand when only a specific number of monsters is sent to the graveyard. For example, if the max number is 3 monsters, you can add 3 spells/traps.

maybe I should nerf his effect to when a monster you control is sent from the Field to the grave by battle, then it'll be just right.

Whenever another monster you control is sent from the field to the graveyard destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard while this card is face-up on the field : Add 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. At During your End Phase: You can banish this card from your Graveyard to ; shuffle all Spell and Trap Cards from your Graveyard into your the Deck, then draw 1 card.

First thing that comes to mind is Gusto with their repeated ability to recruit monsters, but I'm uncertain of what S/Ts are worth tutoring. Still, getting 2-3 free tutors in addition to the recruitments is good advantage, especially if you happen to run a good backrow to complement them.

Archived