[Striker] Anuku, Guardian of the Netherworld

Nathanael D. Striker

6OTuNvJ.png?1

If a monster you control is destroyed (by battle or by card effect); you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only use this effect of "Anuku, Guardian of the Netherworld" once per turn. Once per turn: You can target 1 other Level 4 or lower monster you control; send that target to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 other monster from your Graveyard with the same Level and Attribute as the target, except "Anuku, Guardian of the Netherworld".

So, I took some of the comments from the 1v1 I had with Giga and reworked this card. I made the self-Summon effect a bit easier, but I make the second effect weaker by getting rid of the quick effect part of it. It should be a bit more palitable now. So, CnC?

After looking at this card again, I gotta unfortunately agree with Giga. The tributing itself for this essentially makes it tribute itself to revive a Level 4 DARK. There are a lot of those, an equal amount of those which are frisky. Arma? Mill. Shadow Mist? Search. Grepher? Discard and mill. The list goes on. Particularly I see this as a result fitting in oddly enough TeleDAD where these kind of cards would be played. It's a strong sword to wield, and I think it needs to come down a bit. I like the things you can do with it though. I'm gonna be a broke n record and say Archfiends would amusingly love this. Send Heiress to revive another 3 and get a search is cute. Shaddolls are also cute with this, hit Squa or Dragon, fetch the other. Maybe that Shaddoll Hero variant can be a thing again since you could also revive Shadow Mist..... Lots to be thought out here, and a bit of potential in a nice card that needs a small touching.

Archived