The Silver Twilight - PG-16/OOC/Accepting/NOT Started

The Silver Twilight

[spoiler=Plot]Three thousand years before our story begins, The Old Ones still roamed this earth. Most of them slept, few were awake enough to be active in any sense. But a sinister cult worshipping Hastur, the King in Yellow, wanted to awaken the Old Ones. An organization was founded to combat the Cult, a secret society called The Silver Twilight. They fought against the Cult of Hastur for many years, hounding their members and keeping them at bay, preventing them from awakening the Old Ones. However, they soon discovered a way to seal the Old Ones away for good, permanently. A way to create a mystical prison capable of keeping the cosmic entities sealed, where none could awaken them. To assist them, they enlisted the very Cult they fought against, under the pretense that they would seal away all the Old Ones save Hastur.

The Silver Twilight, in the final battle against the Old Ones, betrayed the Cult of Hastur, sealing away their god and culling their members, leaving very few of them alive. Then The Silver Twilight began the process of "locking" the prison they had created, tying its life force to five of their own members. These five became Immortals. They did not age, and disease took no hold on them.

Of those original five, only one man remains. Of the four who died, very few accounts of their death exist, and those that do are unreliable at best. The Silver Twilight had underestimated the ambition of the members they chose, who used their immortality for vast personal gain in rather...unorthodox ways. This caused them to fall victim to public hatred, leading to assassinations and murders of the Immortals. 

The last of the five came to realize the disaster that occurred, and dedicated his life to finding new people to hold the mantle of Immortal. It took him a span of over 500 years to find each suitable candidate, and his search started around 1200 A.D., and after finding the final candidate, he reclused himself to a place not even his candidates have been able to find, intending to never to stain the pages of history again unless new candidates needed to be chosen. 

You are one of the Immortals chosen by the man named Charles Young, the last remaining original Immortal. It is the year 2015, and you're being hunted. You were awoken by a man creeping into your home and attempting to slit your throat. After fending him off and killing him, you find nothing on him except his knife, clothes, and a book. A play, called The King in Yellow. Old and worn out, the words are barely legible, with dirt and grime covering the pages, some of which have been torn out. You remember one of the last things Charles Young told you before he left. That if someone ever wanted to open the prison of the Elder Gods, the Immortals would have to be killed.

You are being hunted. 

[spoiler=Character Applications]

Name: Preferably first and last.

Apparent Age: The age that your character appears to be.

Absolute Age: Your character’s actual age.

Appearance: Either a photograph or a paragraph of description minimum.

Personality: One long paragraph of description, minimum.

Biography: Special case. Include a small amount of description of their life before becoming Immortal, then include a list of their life experiences. These experiences gauge your characters skills, knowledge, and connections in the world. This can be a subject they studied, a job they had, or something similar. Include what their experience was, and the years they spent with it.

An example would be "X spent Y years studying linguistics, mastering the languages of A, B, and C.", or "Spent 20 years as a ships' navigator". 

Other: Anything that doesn’t fit in the above catagories.

[spoiler=Details on the Player Characters]

Player Characters can originate from any time period from 1200 A.D. to 1800 A.D.

However this does not restrict appearances, personality, likes, or dislikes. A character can be stuck in their old traditions and mindsets, or can be progressive and moving with the times, able to pass off as someone born in the modern time.

The Player Characters have NO magical abilities outside of the following:

Inability to physically age

Immune systems 50% stronger than an average healthy adult human

An innate sense of how many Immortals are alive, and a sense of when one of them dies and who. This is not telepathy, scrying, or anything of the sort. This ability does not allow an Immortal to tell where other Immortals are, it ONLY gives them the sense of how many Immortals are alive.

[spoiler=Rules and Information]

1. All YCM rules apply

2. I have final say on things, however I am flexible if you are polite and civil.

3. If you do not post for more than a week without a good reason, I reserve the right to do very bad things to your character.

4. I'll add more rules if needed.

5. Only accepting a total of 7 applications maximum.

Please understand that I have not RPed in a while, and while I doubt my post quality will be below average, if I do something wrong or un-hostlike, politely inform me and I will make any proper edits to any offending posts. I apologize in advance for any such things that happen. 

I will not be playing a character, I will be controlling NPCs, the environments, any non-PC controlled events, and the timeline.

Yes, this RP is going to move on a strict timeline. The entire RP will move along the span of one in-RP year, with specific events happening at specific times. In every post I ask that you include the day, and then how many hours in the day your post will cover. For example, if it's 40 days in and your post covers 4 hours of your characters actions, you would include "Day 40 - 12:00-4:00" in your post, adjusting the clock for whatever time you actually need. Once you have run out of time in the day, stop posting until everyone rolls over to the next day. So upon making a post that reaches midnight, unless you're having a conversation or a fight or some other interaction with someone other than me, wait for everyone else to reach midnight or past midnight. 

[spoiler=Accepted Applications]

None yet.

So is this mainly sandbox except you as GM will sometimes make s*** happen?

Well, you are being hunted. You'll need to stay alive. And there's a timeline for a reason. Over the course of one year, certain events will happen at certain times.

This RP is possible to "lose". The characters can die, the Old Ones can get released. It is possible for the enemies to "win". 

Archived