Revealing Light - Forming an Archetype #29 (9/9)

Atypical-Abbie

Revealing Light is an Archetype of LIGHT Level 8 monsters (and 1 Level 4). They focus on defensive strategies and easy Special Summoning for quick Xyz Summons. This Archetype already has quite a few members already, so I have kept it a bit shorter than I normally would. One thing I have to note about these is that the Japanese name, Protective Seal, for this has a few more cards that work with it, which is something to keep in mind here, and if this was real, the older cards would get a condition to explain that they're part of this Archetype.

Original Card:

RUPJ2UB.png

Flip all monsters your opponent controls face-up. This card remains on the field for 3 of your opponent's turns. While this card is face-up on the field, monsters your opponent controls cannot declare an attack.

New Cards:

Main Deck Monsters:

Wyvern of Revealing Light
Wyrm-Type/LIGHT
Level 4
Unless you control a "Revealing Light" Spell/Trap Card, destroy this card. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can double this card's Level. During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Revealing Light" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Wyvern of Revealing Light". You can only use each effect of "Wyvern of Revealing Light" once per turn.
2000/0

Magician of Revealing Light
Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT
Level 8
You can discard 1 other "Revealing Light" card; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard to activate that monster's effect: You can add 1 "Revealing Light" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Magician of Revealing Light" once per turn.
2200/1100

Lion of Revealing Light
Beast-Type/LIGHT
Level 8
If the only monster you control is a Level 8 LIGHT monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a "Revealing Light" card(s) you control: You can discard this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. You can only use each effect of "Magician of Revealing Light" once per turn.
2100/1500

Angel of Revealing Light
Fairy-Type/LIGHT
Level 8
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned, if you control a "Revealing Light" Spell/Trap Card: You can Special Summon 1 "Angel of Revealing Light" from your hand or Deck in Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Angel of Revealing Light" once per turn.
1500/2100

Extra Deck Monsters:

Dragon of Revealing Light
Dragon-Type/LIGHT/Xyz
Rank 8
2 Level 8 LIGHT monsters
This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each "Revealing Light" Spell/Trap Card you control and in your Graveyard with different names. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 "Revealing Light" monster in your Graveyard and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; shuffle the first target into the Deck, and if you do, destroy the second target. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; excavate the top card of your Deck, if it is a "Revealing Light" Spell/Trap Card, add it to your hand, otherwise sent it to the Graveyard.
2500/2500

Spell/Trap Cards:

Barrier of Revealing Light
Continuous Spell Card
Your opponent cannot target "Revealing Light" monsters you control with card effects. Once per turn, if a "Revealing Light" monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, it is not destroyed.

Solitude of Revealing Light
Continuous Spell Card
While you control exactly 1 monster, your opponent cannot target Spell/Trap Cards you control with card effects, also other "Revealing Light" Spell/Trap Cards cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Engine of Revealing Light
Normal Trap Card
Target 1 "Revealing Light" card in your Graveyard, except "Engine of Revealing Light"; add it to your hand. If you activate a "Revealing Light" Spell/Trap Card: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard as a Normal Monster (Machine-Type/LIGHT/Level 8/ATK 0/DEF 2000). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, banish this card when it leaves the field. You can only use each effect of "Engine of Revealing Light" once per turn.

Restoration of Revealing Light
Continuous Trap Card

Activate this card by targeting 1 "Revealing Light" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in Attack Position. It cannot be destroyed by battle or change its battle position. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can gain 500 LP for each "Revealing Light" Spell/Trap Card you control.

I like the whole Light concept and protection effects. They're like Ghostricks that can make big m'f***as and have much more good xyz's at hand. Although I find some of these cards lacking with the original flavor and clinging more on the Op generic meta side. But hey, this is s'pposed to tame the meta, so unless it's pendulum I should already expect that...

So, speaking of the cards separately, these are my thoughts on each one-

Wyvern - Makes sense that a 2k beatstick has a self-destruct downside. I guess if you're really that desperate you can blow this on normal summon to search next turn...I can see that happen sometimes, judging by the Deck's Spell oriented playstyle.

Magician - Very crucial for opening good plays as it fills the grave and has pretty decent stat. And also makes the lockdowns more consistent.

Lion - Another good answer for targeting effects. Can be recycled by engine if you feel it can be useful, and if your opponent acknowledges the risk and decides to not trigger it, there's also the special summon effect during your turn allowing for more xyz plays. Hey, that's Magician's text on the end! Lol typo.

Angel - A solid Xyz enabler. Instant +1 if Summoned with Restoration.

Dragon - So this is what you're supposed to sit on while coupled with some helmets to make the opponent not be able to play yugioh. Not bad. Can't say much about its effects, other than its a pretty standard boss in charge of making their plays seem legit, with all the necessary tools that are present in today's meta.

Solitude - Not liking how much this card limits yur opp plays, I mean, this is what makes stupid Lockdowns even more stupid, not only in this Deck, and it also protects itself. Make it protect only other cards, except itself, like an Imperial Custom.

Archived