Yamata Dragon

[spoiler=yamata dragon] maxresdefault.jpg 

"This card cannot be Special Summoned, This card Returns to the owners hand during the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped Face-up. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, draw cards from your deck until you have 5 cards in your hand "

one of my favorite cards of all time, the artwork is beautiful, and the effect is the kind that makes you want to use him even in the least matching of decks. This card has never really been a truly great card, but it generated a lot of hype beck when i was a younger to summon this and draw 4-5 cards off of an attack. *sigh* times have changed though, and even if you get to draw the full 5 off of his effect, he's too slow to be useful in the current metagame. so please discuss any potential methods that he might be utilized in the undermetagame, and any fond memories you may have of beating face with spirit monsters. because out lord and savior yata garasu would want it.

Should have made Yosenjus Spirit monsters instead of giving them all the qualities of Spirits without actually being them. Still waiting for an actual Spirit archetype, this and the other guy that kills your opponent's hand have 2 of the best arts in the game.

Also you can use this in Qliphort, with Monolith giving you 2 draws off summoning it can potentially generate massive plus. But 1 Scout so they're over for a while.

Should have made Yosenjus Spirit monsters instead of giving them all the qualities of Spirits without actually being them. Still waiting for an actual Spirit archetype, this and the other guy that kills your opponent's hand have 2 of the best arts in the game..

Hino-Kagu-Tschi. There's also 2 more Mitama they could make, since they only made 2. They could easily remake Spirits into a Yokai archetype, as that's what they were originally based on, Shinto Mythos and Yokai. 

Personally I prefer Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi, as it has the ability to win games in an instant if you discard multiple cards. But the effect much harder to control than Yamata's as your opponent could just empty their hand before you get the chance to do it for them, or they could be running Dark World/BA etc.

I find this card has very nice synergy with Card Advance, making it easier to summon as well as making the draw effect more effective.

Yeah I'm trying to build a Spirit deck in real life, because my brother runs PSY-Frames and I want to be good in tag-teams with him. The main problem I'm having is getting hold of these cards, because they are so old and rare. I can't even get Niki/Arat. :(

Yeah I'm trying to build a Spirit deck in real life, because my brother runs PSY-Frames and I want to be good in tag-teams with him. The main problem I'm having is getting hold of these cards, because they are so old and rare. I can't even get Niki/Arat. :(

yamata, niki, ara, and hino are pretty cheap on amazon if you can't find them anywhere else. other than that though, i doubt most people have any for trade since they aren't the kinds of cards people search for often.

Archived