[Sakura AGM] Skateboard Dragons (13/13)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

A flip deck of level 3 WIND dragons that have a quick ability to flip themselves and monsters the opponent controls into face-down defense position.

Most of their flip effects focus on hand optimization (draw 1 then discard 1, search then place at bottom of the deck, etc.).

Their Ritual bosses are heavy burners and destruction monsters that trigger when cards are flipped.

Skateboard Dragon Himawari
Level 3 | WIND | Dragon
You can only use the (2) effect of "Skateboard Dragon Himawari" once per turn.
(1) FLIP: You can shuffle 1 card in your hand into the Deck, then draw 1 card.
(2) During either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change the targeted monster and this card to face-down Defense Position.

1300/1300
Sunflower

Hand optimization; get rid of dead draw for new cards.

Somewhat like Card Trader, but triggers on Flip effects.

Skateboard Dragon Suisen
Level 3 | WIND | Dragon | Flip
You can only use the (2) effect of "Skateboard Dragon Suisen" once per turn.
(1) FLIP: You can add 1 "Skateboard Dragon" card from your Deck to your hand, then shuffle 1 card in your hand into the Deck.
(2) During either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change the targeted monster and this card to face-down Defense Position.

1200/1400
Narcissus/Daffodil

Searcher, although I think the return effect is counterproductive, so might strip it.

Though because of the prompt, I sort of have to keep that.

Skateboard Dragon Bara
You can only use the (2) effect of "Skateboard Dragon Bara" once per turn.
(1) FLIP: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Skateboard Dragon" monster (from your hand).

1500/1100
Rose

(SS stuff from hand, namely the other members.)

Skateboard Dragon Fuji
You can only use the (2) effect of "Skateboard Dragon Fuji" once per turn.
(1) FLIP: You can add 1 "Skateboard Dragon" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

1600/1000
Wisteria

(Recovers stuff from the Graveyard, either for Bara to SS or something along those lines)

Skateboard Dragon Rán
You can only use the (2) effect of "Skateboard Dragon Ran" once per turn.
(1) FLIP: You can Special Summon 1 "Skateboard Dragon" monster from your Graveyard. Monsters you control cannot attack the turn you activate this effect, except "Skateboard Dragon" monsters.

1400/1200
Orchid

(Think of this as the Altair for Skateboard Dragons)

Skateboard Dragon Anemoné
You can only use the (2) effect of "Skateboard Dragon Anemone" once per turn.
(1) FLIP: You can target up to 5 "Skateboard Dragon" cards in your Graveyard; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw an equal amount of cards -3.

1100/1500
Anemone (this is a flower, NOT the thing that lives at the bottom of the ocean)

Recovers resources, and nets you cards late game.

Was originally 5 [and draw 2], but to give it some flexibility in other cases, I made it variable.

Sort of hesitant to make it draw 3 cards if you shuffle the full 5 cards back though (-2), so that's why it says -3 from however many you return.

Champion Skateboard Dragon Sakura
Level 6 | WIND | Dragon | Ritual
You can only use either the (2) and (3) effects of "Champion Skateboard Dragon Sakura" once per turn.
(1) You can Ritual Summon this card with "Skateboard Dragon Rampage".
(2) If a card is flipped face-up: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it, then if it was a card you controlled that was flipped face-up, inflict 800 damage to your opponent.
(3) During either player's turn, if a card effect is activated that would target "Skateboard Dragon" monster(s) you control: You can discard 1 card; negate the effect of that card.

2600/2300

Cherry blossom (but you should know this by now)

Triggers on your smaller monsters getting flipped up, or opponent springing backrow [though you don't get the burn in this case].

Also, some degree of anti-Castel/targeting protection.

Champion Skateboard Dragon Hiensou
Level 6 | WIND | Dragon | Ritual
You can only use the (2) and (3) effects of "Champion Skateboard Dragon Hiensou" each once per turn.

(1) You can Ritual Summon this card with "Skateboard Dragon Rampage".

(2) If a card is flipped face-up: You can banish 1 card on the field, then if it was a card(s) you controlled that was flipped face-up, inflict 800 damage to your opponent.

(3) During either player's turn, if a card effect is activated: You can negate the activation of that effect, and if you do, destroy it.

2700/2000

Delphinium

Negation and heavy burn.

Skateboard Dragon Rampage
Spell | Ritual
You can only use each effect of "Skateboard Dragon Rampage" once per turn.
(1) This card is used to Ritual Summon any "Skateboard Dragon" monster. Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels exactly equal the Level of that monster, then Ritual Summon 1 "Skateboard Dragon" monster from your hand or Graveyard.
(2) During either player's turn, if a "Skateboard Dragon" monster would be destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

Functions similar to Kaleidomirror, and offers another layer of protection; this one for overall battle/effect destruction like Raigeki, Mirror Force, etc.

At present, there's only Sakura for viable targets (might add another RItual later on, if I get ideas).

Skateboard Dragon Trick
Spell | Quick-Play
(1) Discard 1 "Skateboard Dragon" monster, then target as many face-down Defense Position "Skateboard Dragon" monsters you control as possible; change them to face-up Defense Position.

Due to the nature of set, need a way to get their effects to trigger and unfortunately, this means partly ripping off Shaddolls with this.

This basically lets you trigger your 'mons from face-down, and do whatever you need.

Skateboard Dragon Recharge

Spell | Normal

You can only use each effect of "Skateboard Dragon Recharge" once per turn.

(1) Discard 1 "Skateboard Dragon" card; draw 2 cards.

(2) You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Skateboard Dragon" monster from your Deck in face-down Defense Position.

Get Graveyard set up for Rán and other stuff, then get new hand.

That, or get another monster out by banishing.

Skateboard Dragon Resurgence

Trap | Continuous

(1) If a "Skateboard Dragon" monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can draw 1 card. (2) If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Skateboard Dragon" monster (from your hand or Graveyard).

Simple revival + helps with draw power.

Skateboard Dragon Storm

Trap | Normal

You can only use each effect of "Skateboard Dragon Storm" once per turn.

(1) If you control a "Skateboard Dragon" monster: Shuffle 1 card on the field into the Deck.

(2) You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Skateboard Dragon" monster (from your hand or Graveyard).

Spin card for them + revival.

-----------

CHANGE LOG

11/26/2015

Resurgence has a second effect to let you SS a monster from Graveyard.

Added Storm and Recharge.

Flipped Resurgence's effect

Storm/Recharge have revival/banishing effects.

12/9/2015

Added an important detail on Storm's (2) effect

4/22/2016

Added Hiensou

Edited stuff to current things. 

[spoiler=Original Resurgence]

Skateboard Dragon Resurgence

Trap | Normal

(1) Special Summon 1 "Skateboard Dragon" monster (from your Graveyard).

(2) You can banish this card from your Graveyard; "Skateboard Dragon" monsters you control gain the following effect until the end of this turn.

• When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Draw 1 card.

Simple revival + helps with draw power.

-----------

I might add another card to fill in some holes, but otherwise consider this as complete for the most part.

I have pictures for most of them (albeit slightly recolored versions of each other for the Main Deck).

If Spirit of the Backdraft were Level 3, it'd be golden with helping them search (but it's a 4, so unfortunately no dice).

Actually, maybe it can work for grabbing them (keep in mind that I had this designed BEFORE its reveal)

-----------

So yeah, CnC.

This all looks fairly balanced, and a good use of FLIP effects outside of Shaddoll. Not to mention, with its Ritual Monster, it seems reminiscent of Sybill/Prediction Princess. However, I can't help but feel that's it's a bit slow. Only two of them can Special Summon; but I guess you have one or two to help with dead draws, so maybe that helps. Any other cards you intend on adding?

Yeah, it is relatively slow, compared to Phoenix Guardian and Electric Field (though those had Majespecter/'tellar influences, both of which are very fast).

Flip effects tend to be kinda awkward to run. Shaddolls are an exception because they can trigger when sent to the Graveyard with effects; these can't.

In retrospective, Trick is mostly the way you're going to have to trigger their Flip effects on the go (and yeah, it's literally Shadow Games for them). 

I probably might add some cards to facilitate the Special Summons even further, or just modify Resurgence to SS something.

Another Ritual may help them, since Rampage implies that I have another one.

Suppose I might have to borrow more stuff from 'dolls, including the Main Deck having some more impact on the opponent's end (i.e. destroy cards on their field, backrow destruction).

Maybe a Pendulum pair might help, so you can get them out much faster; that could work.

----

I'll have to think it over a bit.

The idea is that their 2 effects trigger the Book of Moon-esque stuff, and their 1st ones (FLIP) do certain things (search, SS stuff, whatever), but I can consider switching some of the stuff around, so they're faster to play with.

Backrow currently provides extra SSing power, but yeah as Traps, they are slow to work with. 

For the time being, I've given the Trap Cards banishing effects to permit them to occur (with hard OPT on said effects).

I didn't put the "during either player's turn thing" though, but that might help (albeit pushing them over the edge at this point).

If DP actually worked on my end, I could probably test run them to see what needs fixing.

----

Suppose I'll give them that one Ritual and some monster stuff to help them summon quicker + do whatever they need to.

Another Spell support couldn't hurt.

(I'll bump this again when I made changes; I'd rather not give them things they don't have use for [and some hypothetical ideas I had earlier for these somewhat boil down to that after reading them over])

Archived