[Written] (Ascended) Disciples (Divine-Beast support) 5/5

Dova

Yes, these were inspired by Ra's Disciple. I just felt more could be added along those lines. Yes, OPT is little, but I don't see any exploits regarding the Gods.

Ascended Ra's Disciple

LIGHT - Fairy/Pendulum/Effect - Level 4 - 1100/600 - 11/11

Pendulum Effect:

You cannot Summon monsters, except "Disciple" and Divine-Beast-type monsters. This effect cannot be negated. You do not take Effect Damage while you control a face-up "Winged Dragon of Ra". You can add 1 "Disciple" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Ascended Ra's Disciple" once per Duel.

Monster Effect:

If this card is Special Summoned: Special Summon any number of copies of "Ascended Ra's Disciple" from your hand, Graveyard, and/or Extra Deck. This card cannot be Tributed or used as material for a Summon, except for the Summon of a Divine-Beast-type monster. If this card is Tributed for the summon of Divine-Beast-type monster; That monster cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

Ascended Obelisk's Disciple

LIGHT - Fairy/Pendulum/Effect - Level 4 - 1100/1100 - 3/3

Pendulum Effect: 

You cannot Summon monsters, except "Disciple" and Divine-Beast-type monsters. This effect cannot be negated. If you Tribute Summon a Divine-Beast-type monster(s): You can Tribute Summon 1 Divine-Beast-type monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set.

Monster Effect:

You can Tribute this card: Special Summon 1 "Disciple" monster from your hand or Graveyard. This card cannot be Tributed or used as material for a Summon, except for the Summon of a Divine-Beast-type monster. If this card is Tributed for the summon of Divine-Beast-type monster; That monster cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Ascended Slifer's Disciple

LIGHT - Fairy/Pendulum/Effect - Level 4 - 600/1100 - 3/3

Pendulum Effect: 

You cannot Summon monsters, except "Disciple" and Divine-Beast-type monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn, if you control a "Disciple" monster: You can change this card's scale to 11 until the End Phase. If you Tribute Summon a Divine-Beast-type monster(s): You can Draw 1 card.

Monster Effect:

If this card is Summoned: You can add up 2 "Disciple" monsters in your Graveyard and/or face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand. This card cannot be Tributed or used as material for a Summon, except for the Summon of a Divine-Beast-type monster. If this card is Tributed for the summon of Divine-Beast-type monster: If that card attacks or is attacked; Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

Disciple's Priority

Normal Spell

Add 1 Divine-Beast-type monster for each "Disciple" monster you control, or 1 "Disciple" monster, from your deck to your hand. You can only add up to 3 cards to your hand through this effect. During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Divine-Beast-type monsters are unaffected by card effects this Phase. You can only use each effect of "Disciple's Priority" once per turn.

Disciple's Chant

Quickplay Spell

Activate one of these effects:

● If you control no cards in your Pendulum Zones or Monster Zones; Add 2 Disciple monsters from your Deck and/or Graveyard to your hand.

● If you control 3 or more monsters; Add 1 Divine-Beast-type monster from your Deck to your hand, then, as soon as this effect resolves, Tribute Summon it using monsters you control in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn.

During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Add 1 Divine-beast-type monster from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Disciple's Chant" once per turn.

CnC would be nice.

They do indeed look nice, considering they support a divine-beast deck in a decent way, even though 5 cards alone would only fill 15 slots at max (+perhaps 5 divine beasts and 3 mounds), so one would end up filling only half the deck and thus not being able to play with these alone, but let us get back to the core of the mater.

1.) Interesting considering it easily fullfills the tribute role, though perhaps it should prohibit one from just using them as synchro material with recuring tuners like glow-up bulb or simply as xyz material, also I would suggest changing something about the other 2 Disciples, perhaps adding an effect to all Disciples to change their Pendulum Scale to to the other fitting scale if one uses any 2 with different names, however otherwise one would not complete the pendulum scales without using ra's disciple and would thus not be able to use ra's disciple to summon 3 tribute materials at once ... one more thing ... I suggest you change it's name as a card with that name already exists ... considering this you could change the names of all disciples and add a non-pendulum disciple for slifer and obelisk as well (adding searching power etc. to the pool of options).

Also the "no effect damage" part looks really lackluster, you could add an effect to search other disciple pendulum cards from the deck to make the initial setup easier, perhaps adding a once per duel clause to it if you decide to add no cost to it ... an alternate path would be to directly place the searched card into one's other pendulum zone (perhaps adding a clause that it can only be done if oone controls no monsters and the other pendulum zone is empty).

2.) Recycling and the support of summoning multiple divine-beasts ... the second part seems alright, but I suggest you change its monster effect as it would otherwise just encourage xyz plays with the disciples ...perhaps you could add a protection effect it adds to the divine beast it is tributed for (or allow the player to tribute him (with a hard opt clause) to search any divine-beast or disciple card from your deck).

3.) Another Interesting Disciple ... it has the change of pendulum scale effect so nvm what I wrote before about being able to combine them in different ways..

Its Pendulum Effect to draw 1 card is exactly what divine beasts require ... going plus by playing properly ... this effect is just so sharp towards what they need ... you already deserve 3/10 points for  this perfect line.

On top of that it is able to recycle disciples ... I would suggest you cut down the number to 2 allow it to be used on normal summons as well, so it also works as a comeback and is less "sacky".

4.) You could call it codex of the disciple or disciples priority ... anyways nice card for protection of divine-beasts, while searching divine beasts earlier ... though I suggest its first effect would search Disciples and the Disciples search the divine-beasts, so the entire deck would be more consistent.

5.) What about just adding it to the hand and forcing the player to instantly tribute summon it after resolving the card effect ? ... that would be more realistic, considering cards are usually worded that way if they are meant to work that way ... anyways what type of card is this ? I would suggest making it a quickplay card and preventing it from being used if one already tributed 2 or more divine-beasts during the same turn, also you could add an alternate effect to search or recycle if one's field is empty ... nah if one has empty pendulum zones, so the card would not directly turn dead if things do not run smoothly.

Anyways interesting set ... I must say I enjoy your work, considering this is fitting support for an older set of cards.

Things could also "improve"/change would be to add effects to divine-beast monsters considering which disciples you tribute, for example ra adding immunity to monster effects.

9/10

I suggest you change it's name as a card with that name already exists ... considering this you could change the names of all disciples and add a non-pendulum disciple for slifer and obelisk as well (adding searching power etc. to the pool of options).

I was planning to add some non-pendulum disciples for the other two gods, but decided to go with this for now. I think I'll add them later. Name wise, the deck is meant to work with "Ra's Disciple" and there is only one other "Disciple" monster that I have found, so I think that's alright.

Also the "no effect damage" part looks really lackluster, you could add an effect to search other disciple pendulum cards from the deck to make the initial setup easier, perhaps adding a once per duel clause to it if you decide to add no cost to it ... an alternate path would be to directly place the searched card into one's other pendulum zone (perhaps adding a clause that it can only be done if one controls no monsters and the other pendulum zone is empty).

Great idea! I'll use the searching effect.

Recycling and the support of summoning multiple divine-beasts ... the second part seems alright, but I suggest you change its monster effect as it would otherwise just encourage xyz plays with the disciples ...perhaps you could add a protection effect it adds to the divine beast it is tributed for (or allow the player to tribute him (with a hard opt clause) to search any divine-beast or disciple card from your deck).

Done and done. I added some tribute-activating effects for the others too.

Another Interesting Disciple ... it has the change of pendulum scale effect so nvm what I wrote before about being able to combine them in different ways..Its Pendulum Effect to draw 1 card is exactly what divine beasts require ... going plus by playing properly ... this effect is just so sharp towards what they need ... you already deserve 3/10 points for  this perfect line.

On top of that it is able to recycle disciples ... I would suggest you cut down the number to 2 allow it to be used on normal summons as well, so it also works as a comeback and is less "sacky".

Done! Thanks for the comments!

You could call it codex of the disciple or disciples priority ... anyways nice card for protection of divine-beasts, while searching divine beasts earlier ... though I suggest its first effect would search Disciples and the Disciples search the divine-beasts, so the entire deck would be more consistent.

What do you think would be the best way to go about swapping the searching? Changed the name, thanks for that!

What about just adding it to the hand and forcing the player to instantly tribute summon it after resolving the card effect ? ... that would be more realistic, considering cards are usually worded that way if they are meant to work that way ... anyways what type of card is this ? I would suggest making it a quickplay card and preventing it from being used if one already tributed 2 or more divine-beasts during the same turn, also you could add an alternate effect to search or recycle if one's field is empty ... nah if one has empty pendulum zones, so the card would not directly turn dead if things do not run smoothly.

Done, thanks!

Anyways interesting set ... I must say I enjoy your work, considering this is fitting support for an older set of cards.

Things could also "improve"/change would be to add effects to divine-beast monsters considering which disciples you tribute, for example ra adding immunity to monster effects.

Thanks for all the CnC! It was very helpful, and glad you put so much effort into reviewing.

If you take no effect damage and use wing dragon of ras effects, can't you just make his attack 8000. With no cost? I guess that may be the idea but that is a bit strong.

Also disciples chant which requires you to then tribute summon, should have a condition met before the search. Similar to the first effect it should say if you control 3 or more monsters: you can search .....

Also the first effect of disciples Chant should have a colon after the condition.

But yes other disciples could be interesting :)

Archived