[Registry?] Yu-Gi-Oh! 2099 Sign-Ups

VampireofDarkness

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to join too... but first what can a player and cardmaker do... so I can make a good discussion...

Players just compete in the tournaments that come up (whenever Darkness and the rest of the 2099 community decides to make one); additionally, they give their insight on what should go on in the format. In essence, you technically have a say in what kind of stuff you want to see from the format, though final decisions on card choices is up to the pool managers and whoever's in charge of filling packs. 

For cardmakers, you just need to submit stuff to the submission thread (should be a sticky thread). There is a form you must fill out for each/every card you plan to submit, and there are limits to how many cards you can submit each month. Be warned that cards will not be automatically accepted right away; the pool managers need to decide if the card will be too powerful for this format or just fine. A reminder that certain Decks/cards that are causing havoc in the TCG/OCG (or metagame) do not necessarily exist here. What might be fine in the regular format may be too strong here, or vice versa. 

At present, most of the discussion is on the Skype channel (though there is some discussion on how we can get more people involved, since Skype isn't a good option for some members). 

But yeah, otherwise, if you need further help on it, you can ask one of us. 

As the trend goes of course I would be interested in this. I not only like to sign up as a play but also as a boss battle/event/special pack designer if possible? 

List me as a Player. Thank you.

May I sign up for YuGiOh! 2099? I'm also in a Roleplay Group on deviantArt, so there probably will be periods of inactivity for either that reason or me forgetting about YCM. I have some questions as well, but I guess they'll be answered after I join.

I'd like to sign up. Feels like you need a few more people and I'm interested.

i want join

I want to join

I think I'll join...? I'm just a bit intimidated by the sheer volume of everything...

I'd also like to join.

I want to join too... but first what can a player and cardmaker do... so I can make a good discussion...

Sign me up... as a player and a card maker . If I can do that.

alright everyone im ready

I don't know if this will help you, but here's a Silverlight download for Macs: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/26623/silverlight

YGOPro should be available for Mac users too (but check that your computer has the appropriate specs). It's available for Linux too, but that one is somewhat iffy on how well it'll work for multiplayer fights. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to sign up, albeit having no clue about the meaning of the mentioned positions (IE, Accountant, Shop Manager, etc.)... I did read the linked thread, but was seemingly to stupid to understand what these positions actually imply ( I can guess, but that's different from actually knowing). Anyways, I'd like to be a player at the very least! XD

I'd like to sign up, albeit having no clue about the meaning of the mentioned positions (IE, Accountant, Shop Manager, etc.)... I did read the linked thread, but was seemingly to stupid to understand what these positions actually imply ( I can guess, but that's different from actually knowing). Anyways, I'd like to be a player at the very least! XD

The thread needs to be updated as roles have changed quite a bit, but general stuff.

Accountant basically keeps track of your points in this format. (I believe that job is left to Fluffyfish at the moment).

Shop Managers are responsible for selling you the cards you need for Decks. There's two of them; I run the packs / structure decks and other stuff & themonkeyspower is the Singles shop. (A side note that I need to update the OP on mine since Darkness has PMed me new content)

Judges are the ones who accept stuff into the format. So whatever you submit is going to be reviewed by them first before they become considered. 2/3 of them need to approve the card(s) though. Each of them has their own preferences, so what might be fine for one judge may not hold true for others (and vice versa). If you have doubts about their grading, you can generally PM them or ask in the thread (One of them prefers Skype now to inquire about any decisions, even though it's not convenient for everyone to use.)

Visuals/GFX basically are the people who actually do the banners and booster packs. Those slots are already filled by members (albeit ones who don't necessarily post here a lot)

Card Pool sorting are the guys who actually take TCG imports or whatever customs you've made and sort them into packs. 

The rest is probably self-explanatory (or non-existent as a result of the New Deal). 

Okay, thanks for the answer. My internet time ain't reliable enough (sitting behind a proxy that randomly banns pages for weeks while not at home, and doesn't let me play any type of server based game at all...), so I guess I wont take on such tasks for now (probably won't even be able to play most of the time XD). Doesn't mean I don't want to play at all thought! Sign me up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived