DEATH BATTLE

~British Soul~

Remember when we had a thread about this? I don't either since the last post in the previous thread was over a year ago, thus I'm remaking this, and I think any general Death Battle talk can be done here rather than in different threads or statuses.

Anywho, the latest Death Battle (Hawkeye/Green Arrow) came up on YT like a day ago, feel free to discuss that and the future one coming up, or even Death Battles in general.

Also when a new Death Battle comes out, we should have a spoiler it clause when any thoughts about it should be put in a spoiler out of consideration of others for at least 24 hours (especially since it comes out for First members before it goes on YT).

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally like the concept of Death Battle and watching the fights unfold. Still need to watch the latest one, though.

Personally, my favorite's probably Eggman VS Dr. Wily, or Master Chief VS Doomguy.

Least favorite's most likely either Link VS Cloud or Goku VS Superman.

Need to see Hawk-Eye vs Green Arrow.

I do want to know how the Epyon (did I spell that right) could predict the Tigerzord's final form, despite it being a complete unknown. Though if it is explained in Gundam then my bad.

Overall I do want to see more mech battles or battles between Tokusatsu heroes.

My personal favorites:

Tigerzord v. Gundam Epyon, Starter Royale, Link v. Cloud, Iron Man v. Lex Luthor, Wolverine v. Raiden, Ryu Hayabusa v. Strider Hiryu (prominent as, prior to the battle, I knew nothing about either), Snake v. Fisher (THAT FINALE HAD ME EXCITED), Guts v. Nightmare

Disliked:

Beast v. Goliath (short and anticlimactic), Shao Kahn v. M. Bison (kinda cool, but extremely predictable), Pikachu v. Blanka (short and anticlimactic), Zelda v. Peach (lolwut sports games), Spawn v. Kratos (anticlimactic and predictable)

Personally, while the battle for Charizard v. Greymon could turn out either way, I don't really care, I thought the song mashup they did was awesome as hell.

Yang vs. Tifa was fun.  Darth Vader vs Dr. Doom was also extremely cool.  Batman vs Spiderman is my all time favorite though.  

My least favorite have got to be: Dan vs Hercule (Like why...), Goku V Superman 2, Beast Vs Goliath (Like why pt.2.  What gave them any idea for that match up at all?), and Batman Vs Captain America.

But I lost all respect for DB when Donkey Kong won over knuckles.  Terrible calculations were done to make donkey kong seem strong.  That moon stuff was bullshit.  Not to mention their total bias against anime: I.E. Toph Vs Gaara and Kirby vs Majin Buu.  And no...acknowledging the fact you do it doesn't make it any better SA.  

They don't have an anti-anime bias. Otherwise, from whence do you explain Guts v. Nightmare, Tigerzord v. Epyon, and Astro Boy v. Megaman?

The problem is that most anime characters are given more easily definable limits. Like they said in Goku v. Superman: it doesn't matter if one can repeatedly overcome their limits, if what they're up against never had limits to begin with. They're not admitting to a bias, they're making fun of people who believe they have one.

This is why we can't have nice things.

They don't have an anti-anime bias. Otherwise, from whence do you explain Guts v. Nightmare, Tigerzord v. Epyon, and Astro Boy v. Megaman?

The problem is that most anime characters are given more easily definable limits. Like they said in Goku v. Superman: it doesn't matter if one can repeatedly overcome their limits, if what they're up against never had limits to begin with. They're not admitting to a bias, they're making fun of people who believe they have one.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Dude..everything you just mentioned was anime vs anime.  Of course an anime has to win that fight.  But whenever an anime goes up against a nonanime, the non anime seems to win.  

Goku vs. Superman doesnt count because I knew superman had that from the get go.  

"This is why we can't have nice things".  Shadddddduuuuuuuup

Um... what?

Nightmare and Mega Man are from video games, and Tigerzord is from a live action show. How are any of what he said anime vs anime fights?

Capcom is anime.  Therefor megaman and soul calibur are anime.  

Power Rangers is a super sentai, which is basically live action anime.  

nah nah na booboo, stick your head in doodoo 

Sorry, no. Capcom is a video game developer and has never made an anime. Going by your sort of logic I could paint a large number of the fights in a certain way and say that an anime character won even though said character is clearly not an anime character. I'd say nice try, but it's not even that.

Sorry, no. Capcom is a video game developer and has never made an anime. Going by your sort of logic I could paint a large number of the fights in a certain way and say that an anime character won even though said character is clearly not an anime character. I'd say nice try, but it's not even that.

Siiiiigh my humor is lost on the shoulders of people who think themselves above it.  Those games might not be anime, but they are most certainly anime-esque.  

Going by this logic Kirby is anime. You do understand that right?

We don't talk about that abomination!  IT'S NOT CANON!  

Siiiiigh my humor is lost on the shoulders of people who think themselves above it.  Those games might not be anime, but they are most certainly anime-esque.  

We don't talk about that abomination!  IT'S NOT CANON!

No their not. Super Sentai is NOTHING like anime. And I'll call a lot of game characters "anime" (Custom Robo is super anime for example) but Megaman? He is not that.

I like Death Battle, it's entertaining and I like that they at least explain their logic in detail. Even if you might not agree with their conclusions, you at least understand where they're coming from.

I've liked most fights. I enjoyed Spider-Man vs Batman too as well as stuff like Snake's fight and the Samus/Boba Fett remake. Joke episodes are fun too, like Dan and Hercule or Chuck Norris and Segata Sanshiro.

The only battle I really disliked was Toph vs Gaara. Gaara should've had that locked, hands down.

Gaara can turn into sand, sand is Earth, advantage, Toph.

I'm kinda looking forward to Charizard vs. Greymon. Be nice to see those two under the microscope. But there is a difference between Warp Digivolving and Mega Evolution.

Personally I wanna see Laharl from Disgaea throw down with Chou-Chou from Mugen Souls. Or a battle royale between the 4 CPU's of Gamindustri.

Yang vs. Tifa was fun.  Darth Vader vs Dr. Doom was also extremely cool.  Batman vs Spiderman is my all time favorite though.  

My least favorite have got to be: Dan vs Hercule (Like why...), Goku V Superman 2, Beast Vs Goliath (Like why pt.2.  What gave them any idea for that match up at all?), and Batman Vs Captain America.

But I lost all respect for DB when Donkey Kong won over knuckles.  Terrible calculations were done to make donkey kong seem strong.  That moon stuff was bullshit.  Not to mention their total bias against anime: I.E. Toph Vs Gaara and Kirby vs Majin Buu.  And no...acknowledging the fact you do it doesn't make it any better SA.  

Sorry to risk sounding contrarian, but I actually LIKED Dan VS Mr. Satan, personally.

Gaara can turn into sand, sand is Earth, advantage, Toph.

Toph cannot bend sand well...we never saw her do it well in combat.  Sure, she could make a scale model of ba sing se with sand, but it's still hard for her to see/control it fully.  Gaara should've won the second toph got stuck in a sand coffin.  No possible movement and she manages to bend out of it?  alright screwattack.  

Archived