DEATH BATTLE

~British Soul~

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They said the battle was closer, but it really didn't seem to be.

I get some people being upset for the next fight, but it really does makes sense and is perfect timing.

[spoiler=Thoughts on upcoming battle]

*sigh* another cashgrab Marvel vs DC fight to promote both movies

[spoiler=Response]

It isn't really promoting the movies so much as riding their coattails. I honestly can't blame them for doing so either since this makes it very likely people are interested in the fight.

[spoiler=Response]

It isn't really promoting the movies so much as riding their coattails. I honestly can't blame them for doing so either since this makes it very likely people are interested in the fight.

[spoiler=Obligatory response]

To be fair, it isn't really close either. Shazam is easily going to win.

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Thoughts]

To be fair, since Shazam could be considered "magic Superman", I was not surprised by the result whatsoever, given Captain Marvel lost her previous bout to Android 18.

[spoiler=Thoughts on upcoming fight]

I think this'll be a fun fight (sure you can settle it in Smash, but that's not as fun), and ngl (and feel free to call me crazy town), this upcoming fight I'm most looking forward to this season thus far tbph. 

I think this'll be a fun fight (sure you can settle it in Smash, but that's not as fun), and ngl (and feel free to call me crazy town), this upcoming fight I'm most looking forward to this season thus far tbph. 

Honestly, same.

• 1 month later...

[spoiler=Thoughts]

There was certainly some controversy in the comments regarding the result, and looking at the dislike bar, I'm not surprised.

I had to google Mitsuru Kirijo as I had not heard of her, and now knowing she is from Persona, I think she could beat Weiss and I wouldn't be surprised.

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Thoughts]

Yup, not surprised by the result. I figured Weiss would lose given Yang won her battle against Tifa yonks ago, but that reasoning is somewhat flimsy.

I had to google Johnny Cage, and I'm thinking that since Mortal Kombat has a higher ceiling, I reckon Johnny will win.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=This fight]

Honestly, even without the initial profiles, it just seemed obvious that Aang would win just because of how much more available his source of power is. At minimum, he could've easily just sent Ed flying in the air for an easy win. Ed had to touch Aang personally, or touch an object in proximity to Aang to have a chance while the latter didn't have that limitation. Once I saw Aang's lightning speed feat though, yeah, I was pretty much certain.

[spoiler=Next Fight]

I know of both characters but I really don't know anything substantial about either of 'em. The big question for me is does either character actually have a means of killing the other?

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=The new episode]

I'd called it with friends of mine a while back, because the Penance Stare is just kinda bullshit. I hadn't anticipated Lobo being as certifiably nuts as he was, but definitely only made himself more vulnerable to Ghost Rider's signature finisher because of how nonsensical a villain he was.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The series has entirely too much talking for my taste, but that's probably because I don't like weird forced "voices". If they could just talk like normal people, their insight would be so much more interesting to me. The battles are cool, though I don't always agree with the results (mostly because I only know one of the two characters well)

Archived