DEATH BATTLE

~British Soul~

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Spoiler]

Kind of surprised at how one sided it ended up being. Zero seemed WAY more powerful when they did the wrap up.

Not looking forward to the next one tbqh. While the fight is cool on paper it is going to be SUPER one sided. Zard X didn't have a chance fighting War Greymon and while part of that was do to the dragon destroyers Digimon are just stronger than Pokemon.

[spoiler=spoiler]

I don't think I've actually played any of the MMX games aside from Command Mission, I didn't realize Zero was so strong. I've played all the MMZ and MMZX games so I'm more familiar with Zero in that capacity, but he's in a different body with different abilities in those games so of course it'd have no bearing on what they covered in this episode.

I knew Metal Sonic had a lot going for him, but it wasn't nearly enough for Zero as it turns out.

I wasn't familiar with Zero's backstory in the MMX games before this, so I read all about his entire history on the wiki and now I really want to replay the MMZ/ZX games again.

Yeah, the difference in power scale of the two series is too big. Lucario's cool and all, but remembering the sort of things that happened in Digimon Tamers, I'd expect Renamon to win as well.

[spoiler=Huh.]

Didn't think Zero was that strong. 

Ambivalent about the outcome, I thought it was a cool fight though.

I don't know s*** about Renamon but sounds like they're the favorite. So hoping for a good fight at least.

If trainers were involved Renamon would become Sakuyamon. Which is my avatar & name.

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Thoughts]
It was an interesting fight, and I'm glad they didn't use trainer/tamers, and I'm not unhappy with the result. I didn't think the gap of power between the two was that much. Heck, I even forgot Lucario destroyed those metal claws carrying the meteorites in the anime.

I had to google the combatants of the next death battle though (Balrog & Tj combo), and I'll probs not care who'll win that battle

[spoiler=Thoughts]

Trash fight, as per usual these days.  My only main complaint is that they say Renamon can move faster, longer, and as often as she likes, while Lucario has to rely on an actual attack to move that fast.  And Aura doesn't predict movements, it just allowed Lucario to see with his eyes shut.  And you're telling me I'm supposed to suspend my disbelief enough for Renamon to say "You're kidding me" and not dodge Lucario's attack?  Also, canonically, Pokemon can only use four attacks right?  Then why do they continuously give pokemon in death battles multiple moves, even making it to the point where they say that their arsenal is far more superior.  They said that the Lucario in this fight knew Heal Pulse and Swords Dance?  Pfft okay.  

Also the advertisement was longer than the battle.   

All in all, salty.  My precious furry waifu

[spoiler=spoiler]When they said no evolutions I knew it was over for Renamon. The power scale of Digimon is higher on the upper end (aside from some of the Pokemon Legendaries but they're not involved here) but at a base level Pokemon has way more cartoon physics and inexplicably ridiculous numbers (like Magmar's body temperature) to pull feats from.

[spoiler=Lucario vs Renamon]

Huh, turned out to be the opposite of what people here were expecting.

Kinda makes sense though. If they're returning to a Pokemon-Digimon fight, it'd be about presenting a new concept. They wouldn't do a new match-up to just have Digimon win again. Kinda like why they had Batman return for a match, because he'd win this time.

Although they did have Shadow return and he lost again.

Anyways, short but slick fight. It was aight.

Not too crazy about the next fight, I just know Balrog a bit. But if anything, I can learn more about him and SF lore. Not motivated enough to crawl through wikis to learn it.

• 2 weeks later...

Good animation, but boring fight.  Boxer vs Boxer...oooooooooooooooooooooh

didn't really care about the results.  

Not really looking forward to the next video either...seems like a wash.  Silver Samurai literally can just cut through shredder and end it.  He has a sword that stops healing factors/can cut through adamantium.  

Supe

Good animation, but boring fight.  Boxer vs Boxer...oooooooooooooooooooooh

didn't really care about the results.  

Not really looking forward to the next video either...seems like a wash.  Silver Samurai literally can just cut through shredder and end it.  He has a sword that stops healing factors/can cut through adamantium. 

Well if Shredder went Cyber and fought Silver Samurai in Cyberspace he could have an advantage.

• 3 weeks later...

Ngl I actually forgot about this until it cropped up in my news feed.

[spoiler=Next time]

Smokey the Bear vs McGruff the Crime Dog starring Chris Sabat and Chris Rager.

I will say this though, on a related, yet sad note McGruff was in the news a couple of days ago as its creator sadly died.

[spoiler sigh]

If McGruff loses that'll be like kicking a dead horse.

Also this idea is stupid. Why pit forces for good against each other? I mean Smokey tells us to prevent Forest/Wild fires and McGruff tells us to take a bite out of crime. These are also childhood icons.

Also, no surprise Shred-head would win this, I'm just surprised they didn't bring up Cyber Shredder.

[spoiler sigh]

If McGruff loses that'll be like kicking a dead horse.

Also this idea is stupid. Why pit forces for good against each other? I mean Smokey tells us to prevent Forest/Wild fires and McGruff tells us to take a bite out of crime. These are also childhood icons.

[spoiler=Response]

It's Death Battle, it doesn't matter if they're both forces for good.

Though I'll probs not care who wins tbph as I'm vaguely aware of who these two are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=This time]

That was interesting, I wasn't sure what to expect since I didn't know the full scope of either fighter's strength. Learned more about Wonder Woman than I used to know.

[spoiler=Next time]

Finally. I've been hoping they'd do Naruto vs Ichigo for years now.

For the victor...hard to say. I used to think Ichigo, but Naruto got such a huge power boost before the series ended that it's definitely a more even fight.

Archived