DEATH BATTLE

~British Soul~

Toph cannot bend sand well...we never saw her do it well in combat.  Sure, she could make a scale model of ba sing se with sand, but it's still hard for her to see/control it fully.  Gaara should've won the second toph got stuck in a sand coffin.  No possible movement and she manages to bend out of it?  alright screwattack.

This seems like a reach. If she can control sand well enough to the point that she can make a scale model of Ba Sing Se then I'm pretty sure her control it perfectly.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kinda meh on Hibiki v. Satan personally. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was just kinda there.

And I refuse to believe an anti-anime bias until a win is absolute bull. A lot of people forget that the fight at the end is for funzies, and just grade based on it, when the analysis is what determines the winner.

Although, like any sane watcher, I'm still kinda salty about Zelda v. Peach. Mario Party and the sports games are not canon, so they shouldn't have been counted in the analysis.

This seems like a reach. If she can control sand well enough to the point that she can make a scale model of Ba Sing Se then I'm pretty sure her control it perfectly.

Whether toph has completely mastered sand bending or not, it doesn't explain half the reasons why Gaara should not have lost.  

You're telling me that the Kazekage wouldn't notice that toph can control earth?  Not to mention the fact that somehow, Toph owns a metal wristband (which was never shown in the show except in the future), that can cover her entire body?  I don't think even that suit of armor would protect her from the pressure exhumed from Gaara's enhanced sand prison.  The worst thing that happened was gaara getting tired after like 3 attacks, and he barely used any other ninja skills in his arsenal.  No substitution, no speed, no taijutsu, no nothing.  And it's okay for toph to have all this stuff she doesn't have, but of course Gaara wasn't allowed his shukaku.  

the fight was lame.

Gaara relying on his sand is an accurate portrayal of the character.

Accurate portayal's of characters should never play a part in DEATH battle.

Is it in Toph's character to murder???  Was it in superman's to destroy the planet he protected?  That's besides the point.  Gaara was extremely underpowered in that fight

Accurate portayal's of characters should never play a part in DEATH battle.

Is it in Toph's character to murder???  Was it in superman's to destroy the planet he protected?  That's besides the point.  Gaara was extremely underpowered in that fight

It is pretty clear you aren't going to listen to reason, so sure. Screw Attack hates anime. funk those guys, amiright?

Honestly, my favorite was Yang and Tifa, because the choreography was fantastic.

It is pretty clear you aren't going to listen to reason, so sure. Screw Attack hates anime. f*** those guys, amiright?

Honestly, my favorite was Yang and Tifa, because the choreography was fantastic.

Lmao I was just joking when I said that really...I called Draconus a screwattack apologist.  So easy to get everyone ruffled up around here.  I know that there's no bias against anime when it comes to Death Battle, however, those specific battles are awful due to dumb writing and underpowering of characters.  

• 2 months later...

I've mixed feeling on Death Battle. I have been really angry with them after some silly match ups/wins, noticeably

Vader vs Doom: It was just, I feel, an unfair fight. Vader is from a universe where being able to move spaceships is a big deal. Doom is from one with beings like Ultron, Hulk and Thor. In order to keep with those titans, Doom just becomes stronger naturally.

Buu vs Kirby: When I saw the match up, I was WTF, Buu gonna wipe the floor with that dude. When the result... WTF was that bullshit?! Buu blew apart after destroying the planet cause he was going WAY to overkill on it. The way they did it, Sayian Saga Vegeta would have been able to hurt Buu, and Frezia was tougher then him cause he survived Namek. The reason Buu was hurt was because he wasn't controlling his power. Cell's Perfect Kamehameha was said to capable of busting solar systems. Buu was a lot stronger then Cell, but had very poor power control. When he destroyed a planet, he was reaching for a metaphorical nuke to squash an ant. Also, unlike every other DBZ character, Buu didn't care if he was consumed by an attack, as he would regenerate. I always presume that is why people's clothes survive the higher tier fights in DBZ, as their Ki generates a sort of shield around their body to protect themselves from the attacks, and protects their clothes. Buu however, didn't need do this, making him an easy target to any piercing attack or an explosive attack on his level.

/rant

Goku vs Superman 2: I kinda felt they were rubbing this one in our faces, just to get back qt people who complained about the last result. It just felt too... Smug. I don't, it just really irritated me.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Who won?]

Dante won.

yeah, I saw that, and tbh, I'm kinda disappointed. not only did they not use Bayo's left eye abilities at all, and she only summoned Gammorah, and only once! tbqh, I still feel bayo could've won, even with dante's advantages. Also, Bayo's witch time could not have been stopped by quicksilver. When bayo fights the lumen sage, she can witch time him no problem, and bro can move as fast as light. He can basically stop time, and bayo can still witch time him. some BS right there. Also, bayo has freaking rocket launchers that they didn't even mention, which has a combo that makes 12 rockets rapid fire. 

All in all, I feel like DB was going for over all edge instead of the actual things.

Well that was freaking bad ass. I haven't played Bayonetta, si can't comment on her use of abilities/lack of them, but I like how they did Dante. And how freaking over the top the battle was in general. I found I funny they fought on a falling clock face that before it hit the ground with witch time and quicksliver respectively. The next fight with Bowser should be cool.

Being a fan of neither series, I can't in good conscience comment on use of abilities or anything of the sort. However, what I can comment on is yet another piece of research that wasn't alluded to before the battle- that "cutting raindrops" feat. I really don't like when surprise feats are dropped on my head. Numerical calculations for something we already knew about, fine (eg Link and his gauntlets, or Snake and his microwave tunnel) but the "oh yeah they did this thing too hehehehehyuk" is kinda BS.

Being a fan of neither series, I can't in good conscience comment on use of abilities or anything of the sort. However, what I can comment on is yet another piece of research that wasn't alluded to before the battle- that "cutting raindrops" feat. I really don't like when surprise feats are dropped on my head. Numerical calculations for something we already knew about, fine (eg Link and his gauntlets, or Snake and his microwave tunnel) but the "oh yeah they did this thing too hehehehehyuk" is kinda BS.

^ This

I kinda wanna see Ultron vs. Brainiac

Archived