full gen 1 pokemon set

superscheire

Hello everyone, i'm superscheire and i've been working on a big crossover project to make pokemoncards of every gen 1 pokemon.

I'm trying to keep it fresh and use different takes on how the evolutions interact as well as trying to give each pokemon their own flavor.

I'm open for comments, suggestions although i won't change up the core ideas for every pokemon i have that easy, however i'm very happy if i'd see some fan-made poke art made for these cards.

If the idea is popular and many like it, then i will continue finishing gen 1 as well as making 2 expansions: rise of the mega (featuring mega-evolutions) and pokevolve (featuring higher evolutions of gen 1 pokemon which aren't in gen 1 themselves, like steelix).

Without further ado, here are the cards i have so far (NEEDSUP stands for needs an update, also i'll update this list so it'll be nicer to watch):

[spoiler=Cards]

]EanhVuj.jpg

ghiAj08.jpg

dri5scT.jpg

skJR3Hd.jpg

IqBzQcm.jpg

TxiZQIT.jpg

pJpr0AU.jpg

0xdV5Ks.jpg

0IctRbK.jpg

s4tXXmw.jpg

QNq45vH.jpg

GooKH9y.jpg

yq8E7hG.jpg

mprpJ5I.jpg

l1h6idU.jpg

a6elG55.jpg

Y7uIqBz.jpg

IIh7YTT.jpg

lxZDEzA.jpg

2Tiay7c.jpg

mzFVPID.jpg

aFMrOjs.jpg

fc3SMAt.jpg

ebthP6E.jpg

1QQHEJO.jpg

EOkNzC2.jpg

KOWNioq.jpg

UbYwzSA.jpg

nGx3jZV.jpg

49T3wpg.jpg

nBaXewo.jpg

Idm7bsA.jpg

VgrzqSj.jpg

DMqdK8C.jpg

s4kfLXE.jpg

DsHYy9E.jpg

4Pu2kR6.jpg

9ztEcFX.jpg

eR9MARZ.jpg

H9BPJC2.jpg

6S4Sy2x.jpg

RCEZqkY.jpg

tDTp18n.jpg

U50Zrho.jpg

gXjFyMu.jpg

hkpMaIt.jpg

qIp5c9n.jpg

J42LF0E.jpg

WL4Gv4I.jpg

O4iCztJ.jpg

lKiqRiN.jpg

KJP987r.jpg

uRErser.jpg

TaII1B7.jpg

hYnxpxQ.jpg

8AoZkfs.jpg

HuQvoZc.jpg

Gbx84om.jpg

PFCV3aL.jpg

5prhv39.jpg

VvaycLF.jpg

XkxNH5c.jpg

0qMIpDQ.jpg

2ZZhobL.jpg

C9OEn4z.jpg

E3EWFAz.jpg

HzxJCj5.jpg

GlSEzsS.jpg

0InXQDW.jpg

KYFmzzZ.jpg

vleA0VD.jpg

WTWVFe9.jpg

CbOFt8U.jpg

JLidCFq.jpg

0mrf7at.jpg

HywFGHd.jpg

yjbWQDv.jpg

7Ft5aPw.jpg

(had to put all the cards in the site since i made them sooner but i couldn't make an account and it's to tedious to search for everything in order)

more will be coming as soon as i can upload again!

I read a bunch of genwunner rants on facebook today, so that basically affects the entirety of my argument should make this interesting. Before you read this, I'm only critical because I want you to improve. If you're offended by constructive criticism, please ignore the entirety of the following.

Ahem.

Do not take this personally, but your OCG is bad (it just means you have more of a life). I don't know why that always sticks out to me, but it just does. I guess as a Grammar Nazi, it happens, but general exposure to the cards and just the learning of how Konami writes them are the best ways to learn. Wasn't there a reddit about it?? Idk I think there was google it or something

I feel like making them all the Pokemon Type was lazy. Butterfree could have been an Insect-type, Zapdos could have been Thunder- or Winged-Beast Type, Charizard could have been Reptile-Type, etc. Another complaint; why is Clefable a trap card? I suppose it's creative, but it also seems very random in a deck that does not appear to utilize trap monsters. On that note, there are so many cards in this set that it becomes really...really hard to rate. I have, like, at least three midterms I should be studying for.

At any rate, I suppose some of the cards are designed well, but some of them are a bit flawed. This was a nice start, but I would like to see something more creative and less random. After all, useable Yugioh decks are ~40 cards, so it's the cards in the archetype + staples, leaving maybe 20 cards for your custom deck. Usually, just browsing deviantart is a good way to spark 

In conclusion, I'm sorry that your first review was a bit harsh and pointless, but I'm tired right now, and this is my first impression. I hope I at least can help you with what I said, and that it makes some sense. I might review this once I finish/bomb my projects/tests. Christmas break means too much time on my hands.

Edit: Lol, you just got spoilers five freakin minutes ago

I'm the one who put them in there.

But yeah, 151+ cards is way too many for people to review at once.

That, and as Snatch Steal mentioned, you could've made them use one of the regular Types so they qualify for other support cards.

I don't expect you to have perfect OCG (or card grammar), but yeah you need to improve on that for future endeavors.

Basically, make it easier for us to understand how your cards are supposed to function.

I would let you borrow my Pokemon sets as an example, but they're designed on a higher level.

Though, feel free to look around if you want.

| Pokémon Set #1 | Pokémon Set #2  | Pokémon Set #3 |

-----

It's a decent start, but yeah you have a ways to go.

thnx for replying and let me give my thoughts on yours:
i based myself as much as i could on existing cards for the texts on mine, many use the same if not exact same wordings then existing yugioh cards.
secondly this isn't supposed to form 1 deck, my goal is to make an entire set 1 where you can mix and match to make multiple decks work out.
Lastly i made up the "pokemon-type" because it openend up a lot of possibilities and made interactions far easier to accomplish without the clunky LV this LV that linear card design which i kinda dislike on the other hand. I try to stay creative in how evolutions interact, so i mix up between effect, synchro, xyz and yes even the trap one. i'll see what i can do to improve texts then (although i RLY copied some yugi cards to the letter), but i'm not aiming to make 1 deck with these guys, so naturaly it will be a lot to take in.

I've played competitive on dueling network and yugioh pro last year so i know the meta game, also i took in account the flavor texts and personalities of the pokemon for making effects as well. The set is also incomplete for now so you might see more synergy arising when more cards come out.

Interesting take on things sakura haruno, but i can't give arcanine (for example, saw yours) the direct attack effect anymore since it overlaps with dragonite, also it's harder to make the low level pokemons then the high level ones, because those have the most flavor/potential.

After reading the multiple threads i think it might be best if i put mine in "experimental cards", i'll be moving it over to another topic there.

(on a side note, english is not my primary language)

Archived