United Duelists of YCM (DN Dueling Club)

cr47t

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If by 9 you meant the total members, then the number is updated; We're 11.

Depending the number of the competitors (including me), I have an idea for the pairings.

As for Decks to not be used, some of the strong and/or common ones are Exodia, Kozmo, Infernoid, D/D/D, BA, Nekroz, Shaddoll, Super Quantum, M&M, Perfor-, Qliphort, Monarchs, Tellarknights, Necrovalley, Speedroid and others. Which should be allowed or not, is up to you.

dude, you better get d/d/d, speedroid and super quantum out of there, i am in this to get a break from tier 1, not play complete s*** rogue decks with annoying gen 1 techs lol

I never established it.  ;)

I don't know how D/D/D and Speedroid are doing (although Speedroids are quite a fast Deck), but Super Quantum are doing very well. Or so I think... Maybe it's their most powerfull XYZ that gives me the idea.

Apart from them, many decks can do great w/o the top tier decks.

I never established it.  ;)

I don't know how D/D/D and Speedroid are doing (although Speedroids are quite a fast Deck), but Super Quantum are doing very well. Why include them too?

this is supposed to be a cool competition with no tier 1 uber decks, not a complete devoid competition that drags us back a few generations. Super quantum is good and should be included, this isn't a "play with bad decks that do not perform well" hype lol

Ok I have updated the banlist, mainly made of reccomendations from EndUser and/or others.

Banlist;

Exodia, Kozmo, Infernoid, D/D/D, BA, Nekroz, Shaddoll, Super Quantum, M&M, Perfor-, Qli, Monarchs, Tellarknights, Necrovalley, Speedroid.

Also this is to be TCG only, to answer your question Kanashi.

I will try to have at least some of the pairings up soon. :)

Ok I have updated the banlist, mainly made of reccomendations from EndUser and/or others.

Banlist;

Exodia, Kozmo, Infernoid, D/D/D, BA, Nekroz, Shaddoll, Super Quantum, M&M, Perfor-, Qli, Monarchs, Tellarknights, Necrovalley, Speedroid.

Wait. Why Necrovalley? Also, do Shaddoll cards in trains count?

Banlist;

Congrats, you banned a lot of bad decks, some decks which dont even work in TCG, and the most versatile engine ever made which encourages creative deckbuilding.

Good job,

Speedroid is pretty cheapy, Qli lost their Level 10 and limited Scout, Necloth/Nekroz was hit damn hard by the list, limiting two monsters, and outright banning two that would normally be used. Monarch is debatable, and while El Shaddoll Winda is a jabroni, El Shaddoll Fusion was limited and El Shaddoll Construct is banned; so they don't really have much going for them.

Whoa, what happened here?

cr47t, what I said was just a reference and not something established and the final choice was not mine (which was shown in my 2 comments). No need to ban them all!

Seems like Nekroz, Shaddoll and Qli can be ok to be used. Speedroid too, since it's said not to be doing very well. TCG-only means no Monarchs (I think), so it's understandable. As for Gravekeepers and Tellarknight, I meant to add them as less possible candidates but forgot to specify it (although, could Tellars be a problem being allowed?)

(Sorry for the incovenience people... Somehow, I forgot about the hit cards)

Banlist;

I don't think we need to ban Nekroz, Qli, and Shaddolls, since they're "dead". Of course like shaddoll, they're pretty much splashable and annoying, and Qli, a deck that can work with thousands floodgate. But again, your choice i don't mind they're getting banned (i'm not using them anyway). Also isn't Super Quantum still OCG? no need to put it into the banlist since it's still OCG.

Congrats, you banned a lot of bad decks, some decks which dont even work in TCG, and the most versatile engine ever made which encourages creative deckbuilding.

Good job,

But there's always alternate engine . . . even if it worse.

At this point, may as well kill anything remotely good.

Majespecter

HERO

Igknight

Yang Zing

Deskbot(?!)

Yosenju

Fire Fist

Burn

Merlantean

Not all of these are meta, but they are all better than Gravekeepers

I agree with the red colored bold-text.

Actually i'm 50-50 regarding of this, want to say i agree but also disagree at the same time. Maybe instead of banning all of the meta.dek, maybe we're allowed to use meta decks BUT MUST BE "mixed" with other archetype, so that way we can still use like shaddolls or anything but not the pure build, just my opinion of course.

And if you want to be sure, maybe the participants must send you the decklist so you can check them if their deck are allowed or not, to avoid something you don't want to happen.

Exodia isn't a problem, what the problem is most of the exodia build are FTKExodia.dek, that's the issue, even if it's not a meta, it's a deck that ignore 1v1 interactions, hell, not really something you wanna face.

Burn and Majes, okay it's my personal hatred against them, but who wants to duel with them? Also Majes is one of those "youcantplayygo.dek". But again, your choice not mine.

wanna get wrecked by turn 1 4 mat magnus ? super quantums are pretty subpar and see good play even though they still aint exactly "meta"

Ever heard of Kaiju? Lava Golem? side them and have a nice rest.

This is getting nowhere isn'it? Let's wait for cr47t.

Lol I was about to post when you posted Kanashi + Indra.
But anyway;
What I was trying to do with banning those decks was to try to prevent decks that either disencourage 1v1 player interaction, are too broken in the current format and meta, or are designed to otk.

From what I gather from the posts I have failed to do that without starting a large arguement, because I feel like I caused an uproar by being too specific.
I think it is OK to run some of the meta decks if you also add another engine to it, excluding the ones that don`t use 1v1 player interaction. because if you are using those it might as well be solitare.

I believe I will leave it at that, if that is OK w/ you guys.

EDIT: Still TCG only though, please, seeing that many OCG cards are a lot more broken.

Archived