United Duelists of YCM (DN Dueling Club)

cr47t

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever heard of mask of restrict ? and good luck if that is your only strategy against me or anyone else playing quantums, would love to prove you wrong on dueling network if you are up for it lol

Ever heard of Mystical Space Typhoon? Twin Twister?

Personally, I think we should just use current TCG banlist but tell everyone to play "mediocre/non-meta decks" on grounds of having some versatility and having some casual fun. Would be much more fair than having a banlist that decapitates every good deck.

In my opinion, if someone does want to play Magicians or Monarchs or something, good for them. Not going to stop me trying Dice Jar burn or Geargia roid.

just lets settle this by ruling out top 3 decks of both TCG and OCG and let this rule remain for a few tourneys and see from there ?

Well a lot of people are going to disagree what each of those decks are (except maybe for kozmo because we all know thats op)

So looking at the last few posts, I an going to change the banlist again, and I hope this settles this dispute.

New banlist:

-Please, do not use any decks that either disencourage player interaction (ex. exodia), decks that can otk very easily (ex. kozmo).

-Also, please do not use a pure top tier deck or pure rogue deck. This means if you do run one that does not break the above rule, please mix it with another engine for some variety.

Does this work with all you guys?

Lol I was about to post when you posted Kanashi + Indra.

But anyway;

What I was trying to do with banning those decks was to try to prevent decks that either disencourage 1v1 player interaction, are too broken in the current format and meta, or are designed to otk.

From what I gather from the posts I have failed to do that without starting a large arguement, because I feel like I caused an uproar by being too specific.

I think it is OK to run some of the meta decks if you also add another engine to it, excluding the ones that don`t use 1v1 player interaction. because if you are using those it might as well be solitare.

I believe I will leave it at that, if that is OK w/ you guys.

EDIT: Still TCG only though, please, seeing that many OCG cards are a lot more broken.

This does prevent sheet like Cyber Dragon Infinity engines.

-Also, please do not use a pure top tier deck or pure rogue deck. This means if you do run one that does not break the above rule, please mix it with another engine for some variety.

Can I just ask what you mean by a "rouge deck"? Because afaIk a rouge deck was simply a deck that was good but not good enough to be top tier.

1-5 banned is fine by me, (im fine with any banlist), i have other 60+ decks ready to use as exchange.

So we are prevented to use e.g pure HERO decks (rogue?)? are we permitted to use HAT? (since it's a mish-mash of multiple archetypes)

Well, there are a lot of kinds of HERO decks so I guess I will allow those, unless it becomes a problem.

Can I just ask what you mean by a "rouge deck"? Because afaIk a rouge deck was simply a deck that was good but not good enough to be top tier.

A rogue deck is basically a really good/top tier deck that seems to suddenly come out with no advance notice or whatever. (ex. yang zing, infernoids) At least, that is my understanding of it.

Also Aman Indra, Are you still in UDY or not? I dont know even though you said you were leaving but you then said my idea was ok.

Well, there are a lot of kinds of HERO decks so I guess I will allow those, unless it becomes a problem.

A rogue deck is basically a really good/top tier deck that seems to suddenly come out with no advance notice or whatever. At least, that is mu understanding of it.

Also Aman Indra, Are you still in UDY or not? I dont know even though you said you were leaving but you then said my idea was ok.

Your later comment.

smh this is so full of bad arguments and ideas

but before i pull out imma just say CDI isn't even that good of a card

By that logic, Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer, Number 101: Silent Honors ARK, Tellarknight Ptolemaeus, and Qliphort Towers aren't even that good.

Imma see if I can get the pairings up later, also guys can we please stop bickering about specific cards and other random stuff, its not getting us anywhere.

Okay.

smh this is so full of bad arguments and ideas

but before i pull out imma just say CDI isn't even that good of a card

yes, CDI isn't good, same with towers, so what? bait twice? sure. so negate once per turn and eat your face-up monster is bad? and can be summoned by ptole too? and what? card that banish anything field, hand, grave is good? so bad arguments and ideas? thank you sis.

So, how many are the participants going to be? I mean, that will most possibly participate this time?

As for the pairings, it can go like this:

If they are 8 participants, the pairings are set (8-4-2-winner and 2nd place-3rd place)

If they are 10, there can be 5 pairing and the winners can do Round Robin style (everyone with everyone).

If they are 12, there can be 6 pairings, then 3 and the final winners can do Round Robin.

If they are 9 or 11, there can be 4 or 5 pairings, accordingly, and the 9th (or 11th) player can duel one of the other player (without affecting their score), just to decide if the 9th/11th player will advance or not. Then the logic is the same (depending the numbers).

This site can be very helpful at organizing Round Robin plays: http://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator

We can try Single and Double Elimination too, but I don't know how efficient this is with odd numbers.

EDIT: Also, do we have to submit our decks?

Archived