New Mist Valley cards!

Stitch98

Hi everybody :D
Today, I want to show you some cards I created with the YCM. It is not my first set, but it's the first I show to someone.
Since there have been many comebacks of old archetypes in the latest expansions (such as Red-Eyes or E-Hero), I've decided to add some new cards to an already existing archetype, the Mist Valley, since it got very weak in relation to the new cards (and it has never been that good).
Eventually, I'd like this thread to be moved to the Advanced Card section, because I'm trying to let the Mist Valley archetype compete with the actual metagame, but since this is the first set I post and I'm not a top player, I'm posting here, so that you, guys, can help me to judge if these cards are either too weak or OP in relation to the actual metagame.
So, those things said, let's get started.
The point of this archetype (similarly to many other WIND archetypes) is returning cards on the field to the hand, so I just tried to expand this concept adding some monsters (including 1 Tuner, 2 Pendulums, 2 Synchros and 1 Xyz) and 3 Spell cards (including a new Field). I don't want to make too many cards, because I want the current Mist Valley cards to still be used, so they'll never be more than 10.
Here are the new cards:
(I DO NOT OWN THE ARTWORKS, I found them on Google Images or in the galleries linked in the guide to create new multiple cards sets)
[spoiler=Spell Cards:][spoiler=Card:]WSSKmPa.jpg

"Holy Breeze of the mist Valley" | Field Spell | Effect: ""Mist Valley" gain 300 ATK and DEF. When this card is activated: You can return 1 face-up card on the field to its owner's hand, except "Holy Breeze of the Mist Valley". Each time a card is returned to its owner's hand or Deck: Place 1 Mist Counter on this card (Max. 8). You can remove all the Mist Counters on this card: Special Summon up to 2 WIND monster whose total levels are equal or lower than the number of Mist Counters removed from this card from your Deck."

Comment: This can be very useful, you will get to 8 counters very easily with these new cards and you can activate its effect any number of times per turn. I would play 3 of them.

[spoiler=Card:]IuXCNmj.jpg

"Air Current of the Mist Valley" | Continuous Spell | Effect: "When a card on the field is returned to its owner's hand or Deck: You can add 1 "Mist Valley" card from your Deck to your hand. If you control a "Mist Valley" card: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; return 1 card on the field to its owner's hand (this is a Quick Effect)."

Comment: 3 free searches per turn are always appreciated and it can be activated from your Graveyard, which is always useful (see "Breakthrough Skill" and "Galaxy Cyclon"). I would play 3.

[spoiler=Card:]oroSJBG.jpg

"Storm in the Mist Valley" | Quick-Play Spell | Effect: "Activate only if you control a face-up "Mist Valley" card. You can return any number of WIND monster(s) you control to your hand and target the same number of cards your opponent controls: return those target(s) to their owner's hand. During your turn, you can banish this card from your Graveyard: return 1 card on the field to its owner's hand."

Comment: helps you to add counters to the field spell and to activate the continuous and many other effects of "Mist Valley" cards. I would play 2 or 3. 

[spoiler=Monster Cards:][spoiler=Card:]d0vz3j6.jpg

"Archer of the Mist Valley" | Level 3| WIND | Winged Beast | Effect Monster | 1000 ATK/1400 DEF | Effect: "When a WIND monster is returned from your field or Graveyard to your hand or Deck: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can return 1 "Mist Valley" monster you control to your hand; Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "Mist Valley" monster from your hand."

Comment: Very useful for summoning the Synchro (i will describe the most easy method later) and allows you to Special Summon from your hand while also activating other effects. I would play 2 or 3. 

[spoiler=Card:]67kTPk1.jpg

"Courier of the Mist Valley" | Level 3 | WIND | Winged Beast | Tuner/Effect Monster | 800 ATK/1000 DEF | Effect: "If this card is returned to your hand, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon this card. Once per turn: you can return 1 "Mist Valley" card from your side of the field to its owner's hand: add 1 "Mist Valley" Spell card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If this card is used for the Synchro Summon of a WIND monster, you can return 1 card on the field to its owner's hand."

Comment: That's our Tuner, and returning a card to the hand when you synchro summon can help you a lot. It also allows you to recover the Spells from your Graveyard. I would play 3. 

[spoiler=Card:]34fihsi.jpg

"Sorcerer of the Mist Valley" | Level 4 | WIND | Thunder | Pendulum/Effect Monster | Pendulum Scale: 2 | 1500 ATK/1800 DEF | Spell effect: "If you returned a card from the field or from your Graveyard to your hand this turn: you can Normal Summon 1 "Mist Valley" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set (you can only gain this effect once per turn)."
Monster effect: "You can Special Summon this card from your hand by returning 1 “Mist Valley” monster you control to your hand. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if your opponent activates an effect: You can return 1 card you control to its owner’s hand; negate that effect and return that card to its owner’s hand. If you activate this effect: you cannot conduct your next Battle Phase. "

Comment: Many Summons, Pendulum, negating an effect (generally a monster effect)... Pretty strong uh? I would play 2. 

[spoiler=Card:]ouqctk.jpg

"Century of the Mist Valley" | Level 2 | WIND | Winged Beast | Pendulum/Effect Monster | Pendulum Scale: 8 | 700 ATK/400 DEF | Spell effect: "If you do not control any "Mist Valley" card, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 5. Once per turn: You can return up to 3 "Mist Valley" monster you control to their owner's hand; reveal the same number of cards from the top of your Deck and replace them on the to of your Deck in any order."
Monster effect: "If a monster you control is returned to your hand: You can return this card you control to your hand; destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field. During the End Phase, if you activated this effect this turn: you can add 1 "Mist Valley" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Century of the Mist Valley"."

Comment: That's just a way to activate the other "When a card is returned to your hand" effects with no costs. I would play 1 or 2. 

[spoiler=Card:]7kyTSzU.jpg

"General of the Mist Valley" | Rank 4 | WIND | Winged Beast | Xyz/Effect Monster | 2200 ATK/1700 DEF | Effect: "2 level 4 WIND monsters
If a monster you control would be returned to its owner's hand: you can attach it to this card as an Xyz Material instead. Once per turn: You can activate 1 of these effects:
- You can detach 1 Xyz Material: Return up to 2 cards on the field to their owner's hand;
- You can detach 2 Xyz Material: Add 1 "Mist Valley" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand."

Comment: Our Xyz: it's useful and gan gain a lot of Xyz Materials. I would play 1 or 2. 

[spoiler=Card:]BZEypxO.jpg

"Guardian Dragon of the Mist Valley" | Level 6 | WIND | Thunder | Synchro/Effect Monster | 2500 ATK/ 1400 DEF | Effect: "1 WIND Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monster
While you control this card: "Mist Valley" Field Spell card cannot be destroyed and Field Spell cards cannot be activated, except for "Mist Valley" cards. Once per turn, when an effect that targets a "Mist Valley" card you control is activated: You can return 1 card from your side of the field to its owner's hand; negate that effect and destroy the card. If this card is returned to the Extra Deck, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon from your Graveyard the Synchro Materials you used to Synchro Summon this card. "

Comment: I don't know if the card is OP or simply has too many effects, but is very easy to summon (just Courier+Archer) and very useful for protecting your Field Spell and negating effects. Plus, if you have both this one and Grand Simorgh on the field, the latter becomes nearly invincible. I would play 2.

[spoiler=Card:]cxbG1VU.jpg

"Grand Simorgh, Sovereign of the Mist Valley" | Level 10 | WIND | Winged Beast | Synchro/Effect Monster | 3200 ATK/1700 DEF | Effect: "1 "Mist Valley" Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner WIND monster

If a "Mist Valley" monster would be returned to your hand, you can Special Summon it instead. When this card is Synchro Summoned: Return 3 cards on the field to their owner's hand. If you control a "Mist Valley" Field Spell card: This effect ignores other card effects. If this card battles a monster: Before the Damage Step, you can return that monster to its owner's hand and this card to the Extra Deck, and when you do: Special Summon the Synchro Materials you used to Synchro Summon this card from your Graveyard. While a "Mist Valley" Field Spell card is on the field: This card is unaffected by card effects, except by "Mist Valley" card effects."

Comment: Hail to our Lord and Sovereign, Grand Simorgh. Jokes apart, I think it's very strong and can be easily summoned by Courier+Archer+Sorcerer (Normal summon Courier, return it to your hand to summon Sorcerer, then you can summon both Courier and Archer and Synchro his monster. I would play 1 or 2

[spoiler=Hypothetical Deck List:]

- Monsters (17)

3xCourier of the Mist Valley

3xArcher of the Mist Valley

3xMist Condor

2xMist Valley Falcon

2xSorcerer of the Mist Valley

2xCentury of the Mist Valley

1xMist Valley Apex Avian

1xGenex Ally Birdman

- Spells (16)

3xHoly Breeze of the Mist Valley

3xAir Current of the Mist Valley

3xTerraforming

3xTwin Twister

2xStorm in the Mist Valley

1xRaigeki

1xDivine Wind of Mist Valley

- Traps (7)

3xStorming Mirror Force

2xIcarus Attack

1xCompulsory Evacuation Device

1xBottomless Trap Hole

1xSolemn Warning

- Extra Deck (15)

2xGrand Simorgh, Sovereign of the Mist Valley

2xGuardian Dragon of the Mist Valley

2xAncient Fairy Dragon

1xVulcan the Divine

1xBlack Rose Dragon

1xMist Valley Thunder Lord

1xNumber 39: Utopia

1xGeneral of the Mist Valley

1xCastel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

1xLightning Chidori

1xDaigusto Emeral

1xTotem Bird

These are all the cards that I've made at the moment. Let me know your thoughts :)

Simorgh is still somewhat broken. Not joke card broken, but there are cards like jar of avarice and daigusto emeral that can abuse this effect. With emeral, instant infinity.

Maybe I could restrict that effect only on "Mist Valley" monsters that return to the hand, would it still be broken?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived