Phantom Knights Tomb Shield

[ Normal Trap Card ]

Special Summon this card in Attack Position as a Normal Monster. (Warrior-Type/DARK/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up Trap Card your opponent controls; negate its effects until the end of this turn.

(because of the current images' extentions, I can't post one right now)

Another Monster-Trap Card in the family. A simple or XYZ (maybe even Synchro) fodder, but lacking the ability to SS itself or a PK monster from the Graveyard. Pretty mediocre by itself, but not too bad (having a connection to the Archetype).

The interesting effect is its 2nd one. Obviously, it cannot kick in the same turn the card is sent to the Graveyard and the reason, I believe, is because it can negate even Normal Trap Cards (like CED). Would be hilarious if it could negate a card of the owner's too!

Discuss.

If they had made the second effect usable on either player's turn so you could actually use it on things they activate on their own turn it'd be a good deal better. I know nothing about Phantom Knights so can't say anything else.

If you play the turbo mill version this card is actually decent, whether you draw it or not, considering you either get the chance to negate a trap like bottomless during your turn or (including the prior) are able to use the level 4 phantom knights in a more efficient way, considering phantom knight grave effects are pure value (except that preposterous brigandine or shadow veil) this card can add a better use to level 4 phantom kngiths you actually draw, rather than milling.

If they had made the second effect usable on either player's turn so you could actually use it on things they activate on their own turn it'd be a good deal better.

It would be very good then. Think or Breakthrough Skill; same logic.

Skill Prisoner is able to be activated (during either player's turn), but it negates certain effects from certain type of cards.

Archived