Number 84: Pain Gainer

AsjjtIj.png

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 8, 9, or 10 DARK Xyz Monster you control that has 2 or more Xyz Materials as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) This card gains DEF equal to the total Ranks of all Xyz Monsters you control x 200. While this card has Xyz Material, each time your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, inflict 600 damage to your opponent immediately after it resolves. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy all monsters your opponent controls with DEF less than or equal to this card's.

So we got what I feel is the worst of the spider numbers?. I'm not really a Rank 10 fanatic (Well except for Ultimate Falcon and Gangaridai's CXYZ Form) so excuse any ignorance I may have, but before we get into the real discussion allow me to just say....

THAT THIS LOOKS LIKE A WATERMELON, SORRY IF I MADE ANYONE HUNGRY. JUST LOOK AT IT. If I were to see this i'd question whether to be hungry or scared (Also idk how big this thing is so...)

Anyways, I don't really know how useful it is with that burn effect but I kinda wish it was like Flare Metal in that it also counted Monster effects. Also by default this has 2200 Def which... is kinda low unless you plan to make another XYZ.

I'd like to know your thoughts on it.

This is quite honestly not worth a slot, even in Trains, considering how mediocre it looks. An extremely high DEF isn't going to do much when a Dora + Ravenous accomplishes loads more in the long run. The Raigeki is OK though, but the burn could've been better.

Apparently people over at DNF like making this as a seat for Seven Sins and 4200 DEF wall alongside a Dora.

Pain Gainer seems to be the weakest of the 3, and Ravenous Tarantula seems to be the strongest.  As of now, Gainer's best use seems to be just a seat for The Seven Sins.

I personally think the Spell/Trap burn should have been higher, and it should have had a higher DEF (maybe 1000 DEF or something).

Yeah definitely.

An extra 100 burn isn't enough for taking out a full type of effect which (in most decks) is the most common type of effect.

And 1000 per rank? That seems pretty high. 400 would give it a "Defensive" Seven Sins type of Spider. (4400 def)

If you mean starting off at 1000 Def then I completely agree. 3200 is a decent enough DEF stat to sit on for a little.

This thing and Ravenous both look like stuffed toys and are thus adorable.

My biggest annoyance with this card is the need for 2 Materials on whatever is used as material. It's for flavour since it was summoned in the manga with Sacrifice Rank-Up alongside Ravenous, but it's annoying. I do appreciate that Rank 8s can work with it though, since it means something like Gimmick Puppets can access this.

If it didn't have the 2 Mats thing, you could go Last Strix into SCF into this into 77.

Really though, this thing is meant to complement Ravenous and that's it.

Since i am testing these guys in trains like a mad man for the last few days, this card sucks in every way.

Ravenous is the main secondary boss next to Dora and is "Mr.OTK", this guy is just there at 1 in the extra deck if the pop attack is not sufficient and defense pop is the sneaky option, or to just go into number 77 supported by dora for mass banish next turn.

Not a bad tech, but definitely a bad choice to use this as a main playmaker.

I meant the starting DEF; I may be insane, but I'm not that insane.

Also, having higher DEF doesn't just make it a nice wall, but it also makes its Raigeki effect much more reliable.

Again, it's a symptom of "pair this with Ravenous" design, since in that case it gets 4200 DEF PLUS the boost from Ravenous since that works on both stats.

7 of Yagumo's 9 Numbers are supposed to represent the 7 Deadly Sins. This one seems to be Envy, since it has very similar effects to its better half but doesn't quite measure up to it. Also, green is a colour synonymous with envy.

An alternative interpretation is that it's sloth, since it's always in DEF.  The envy interpretation is interesting though.

That was random dub bullshit that made no sense.

That was a dub only thing? LOL.

When it comes down to it I don't think I saw anything other than the last "removed" season subbed in 5Ds. That's pretty stupid....

And yeah adding on to the sloth thing it's also why it's effect is pretty passive (even it's nuke relies on a passive stat as opposed to it's twin). It doesn't really have to do anything but sit there.

An alternative interpretation is that it's sloth, since it's always in DEF. The envy interpretation is interesting though.

14 - Greed

21 - Lust (only female)

95 - Pride (Kaito's own)

23 - Wrath (attacks players, monsters and effects indiscriminantly)

35 - Gluttony

That leaves 28 and 84 for Envy and Sloth. And 28 doesn't fit Envy well.

14 - Greed

21 - Lust (only female)

95 - Pride (Kaito's own)

23 - Wrath (attacks players, monsters and effects indiscriminantly)

35 - Gluttony

That leaves 28 and 84 for Envy and Sloth. And 28 doesn't fit Envy well.

Sloth doesn't fit it either IMO.  Also, if you consider that Kyoji lost his little brother, but Kaito still had his (albeit not the same as the brother he used to have), there may be an indirect connection to envy there.

Sloth doesn't fit it either IMO. Also, if you consider that Kyoji lost his little brother, but Kaito still had his (albeit not the same as the brother he used to have), there may be an indirect connection to envy there.

But 28 was only used by Haruto, so it reflects him and not Yagumo. Haruto himself is a very inactive character due to his illness, hence 28 repesents his own Sloth.

Since Pain Gainer not useful, and not good as Ravenous Tarantula, but it gives more Materials for The Seven Sins. But you can bring both Ravenous Tarantula and Pain Gainer on your field to create a good burning combo.

- First you Summon Ravenous Tarantula, then attach it to Pain Gainer!

- Second you destroy monsters with Pain Gainer's effect by detaching Ravenous Tarantula.

- Finally, you get Ravenous Tarantula back from the Grave with. Xyz Reborn.

If your LP is higher than your opponent's, your opponent would impossible to kill them unless they pops them with card effects.

Archived