[Finished]Card Gladiator Arena

Welcome to the Card Gladiator Arena. Due to the recent inactivity in the Card Contest forum, the time has come to bring everything together under one roof in the name of competition. This is the place where we honor the best of the best. If you think you have what it takes, come on out and prove it. The road to glory is dangerous, so you have been warned.

CGA Standings

[spoiler=CGA Prizes]

[spoiler=Season Prizes]

1st: 100% total winnings from contests, 3 Reps, CGA championship

2nd: 50% total winnings from contests, 2 Reps

3rd: 25% total winnings from contests, 1 Rep

[spoiler=Contest Prizes]

1st: 10 CGA points

2nd: 7 CGA points

3rd: 5 CGA points

4th: 3 CGA points

[spoiler=Rules]

Hosts should post the link to their Card Contest once it is completed with the Top 4 included in the post

Winners shall be determined by CGA points (i.e. person with the most CGA points at the end of the season wins)

If there is a tie in an individual Card Contest, both contestants receive the CGA points and the people under the tie receive the next CGA amount (e.g. a two person tie in 1st results in both receiving 10 CGA points and the next person receiving 5 CGA points, a tie for 3rd results in people getting 5 CGA points with no 4th place prize)

Hosts and Judges shall receive a fee based on the number of contestants+ (See Host/Judge Fee Spoiler)

Hosts have the right to set the rules and card requirement for their respective contests, with the following conditions

The Contest should be finished within a month, though exceptions can be granted

No more than three judges

Feel free to discuss these rules through PM with me, since I’m open to suggestions.

I have the right to change the rules if deemed appropriate, and with notice.

[spoiler=Host/Judge Commission]

[spoiler=Host]

8- contestants: 750 points

9-16 contestants: 1500 points

17-32 contestants: 2250 points

33+ contestants: 3000 points

If the host acts as one of the judges, they have the option to receive the judge commission instead of the host commission.

[spoiler=Judge]

8- contestants: 1000 points

9-16 contestants: 2000 points

17-32 contestants: 3000 points

33+ contestants: 4000 points

• 4 weeks later...

I truly have no idea what's happening here. There's apparently 2 competitions only been done, how does Dragon Sage have 15 points when he placed in neither? What are these contestant/judges fees applying to? Are we to pay in for this? What is going on in general?

Dragon Sage took 1st in the CC monthly, so that's 10 points there. (It was a CGA tournament, even if I didn't explicitly mention it in the OP).

The other five came from another contest (either Dova's or the Postseason Leaderboard stuff).

Judges/contestant fees are pretty much commission for hosting/judging a contest. After the contest, you get paid (x) amount of points, depending on how many people you got to join said contest. Technically speaking, I already had this concept in that other thread sticked in this section (which I need to somewhat revise b/c the CC judge thing is inactive at present).

You aren't going to pay money to enter contests that are CGA; the fees are basically commission pay for having hosted/judged a contest. (Striker could've chosen a better term as to avoid confusion).

In general, if you are familiar with Leaderboard (in 1v1s), then it should function similarly to that (at least how I understand this). Winners get points based on performance and later on, they get other prizes at the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived