My Hero Academia

Shradow

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are finally starting to discuss the manga more, yay, now I feel like it's time to add in my thoughts on the chapter since it's several days old already.

[spoiler=Chapter 102]I'm super interested to see more of this new Isana guy, I especially want to know why he turned down admission. He looks like a super fun character, though, so that's definitely good.

I also love how Monoma has turned into comic relief character with his attitude, given how unlikable he was during the School Festival Arc.

It'll be interesting to see who succeeds and who fails at this license test. Todoroki seems likely (though I could just as easily see an upset where he doesn't make it), but I don't think there's any way that Bakugou will allow himself to fail. As for Deku, I'm just interested to see how he'll do, he hasn't been with his new kick-based style for all that long yet. With everyone else I have no idea, but I also want to see Tsuyu's new frog technique, and I'm sure Mineta will be hilarious as always.

We've had some teasings of it before, but now Ochako's feelings for Deku are now more fully apparent than ever. I'm wondering how it'll affect her schooling going forward.

Definitely something to take away from this chapter that's easily missed, All Might's starting to face the harsh reality of his new situation.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Okay sooooo...]

The costume for Deku looks even better now xD

On topic! Ummmm, what is it with schools and exams that end up going with the whole "Fight" mentality? xD I understand its for a bunch of Heroes, but c'mon xD Silver lining, I enjoy the parameters of this exam and how they all basically gang up on the main cast....minus Bakugo and Shouto...but that's expected of them.

Awaiting to see what happens next!

[spoiler=Chapter 104]Well, Inasa's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. He's being totally awesome without losing his wacky personality, I was afraid it might've been a facade when he first showed up. His Quirk looks really strong and his costume is the coolest one out of the whole series, imo.

[spoiler=Chapter 104]Well, Inasa's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. He's being totally awesome without losing his wacky personality, I was afraid it might've been a facade when he first showed up. His Quirk looks really strong and his costume is the coolest one out of the whole series, imo.

[spoiler=Not gonna lie]

I think your right on Inasa...his Quirk and costume are pretty kickass!

However, with that whole Shake movement...Deku seems to be in quite the predicament now. I'm actually interested to see how he fairs. Especially in a way to demonstrate his new style of fighting.

[spoiler=105]Well, this Shiketsu girl is awesome, too. We've only just met these new characters but I'm really liking them.

Her sudden obsession with Deku is pretty interesting, too. And now we know her Quirk has nothing to do with her disappearing like she was.

Also, she's totally hawt. You go, Deku, you stud.

[spoiler=105]

I like that Shiketsu teaches their students rudimentary skills such as concealing their presence, stuff that any hero can learn that isn't quirk-specific. I think those will become a big factor in evening out matches that would otherwise play out like rock-paper-scissors.

Cool chapter. Nice to see Izuku holding his own now and getting the hang of his quirk!

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Chapter 108]So Hagakure's power isn't invisibility but actually light refraction/redirection/something? Really interesting!

UjU2kh9.png?1

And it seems Bakugou has finally realized the meaning behind Deku's words from way back when. I figured it'd happen eventually, he's no idiot, in fact he's quite smart.

I wasn't expecting everyone to pass the first stage (though I guess making a training arc and then having some fail immediately would kinda suck), but I imagine that'll be remedied by this next one.

Also, Mineta never fails to sneak these in. Love the mangaka for never forgetting to do it.
nOpaJfq.png?1

• 4 months later...

Bringing it back.

[spoiler=Chapter 124]Mirio's quirk is really cool but what's more impressive is how he's made it work, I love when normally weakish power are used creatively to become really strong (like Luffy doing all he does just by having a body made of rubber). Not having any senses when his entire body is intangible is crazy scary, though. I thought before that holding his breath was a requirement of using his quirk but it's only a side effect of when the affected parts need to phase through something. He might be my new favorite character.

This "Sir" guy looks super interesting. For someone who was All Might's sidekick, he seems completely different from him. Also, now it seems that he's the one Mirio interned with. It seems he's more the analytical type (based on appearance and that Mirio said Deku would like him), if Deku interned for him it'd be cool to see what he learns from both All Might and his sidekick.

[spoiler=This guy]

Is awesome.

I loved his introduction and those pacman eyes. I actually made a Naruto OC a few years back with similar powers, so it's cool to see them being used so expertly here. I think we're going to see Mirio do cool things in the future.

And cool to see Sir is starkly different from All Might. There should be some interesting interactions between him and Deku, should be a very different experience than All Might.

[spoiler=125]HOLY sheet DUDE. My thought process completely just stopped when Magne got blown up, my eyes bugged and everything, my god that was surprising. So we've got a former yakuza with his own agenda, interesting villain in-fighting going on.

And next chapter Vault Boy and Deku are talking with All Might, awesome.

• 2 months later...

So, the anime has stared up. How has everyone been enjoying it? After watching 4 in the dub, I gotta ask, did Mic's voice sound really different or am I losing it? Ida's voice also sounded a little different, but not nearly to the level Mic's did.

Anyway, good stuff so far. Can't wait for the battles proper to fight. Curious how far this season will go. At 25 episodes I'm guessing up to the summer camping trip.

Dunno, never saw much of the dub. But as for voices, Mei's voice in the sub is absolutely perfect, and it's so neat that she's the VA's first role.

And I was thinking the same thing. We're most likely going to end at about Chapter 59, since that's where Aizawa announces the summer lodge that comes after the end-of-term-test and AFO makes his first appearance. It'd be the perfect

Dunno, never saw much of the dub. But as for voices, Mei's voice in the sub is absolutely perfect, and it's so neat that she's the VA's first role.

And I was thinking the same thing. We're most likely going to end at about Chapter 59, since that's where Aizawa announces the summer lodge that comes after the end-of-term-test and AFO makes his first appearance. It'd be the perfect

You should check. The dub's voice work is great. All Might in particular. Also want to make sure I'm not losing my mind.

I have to figure that or after the end-of-term-tests would make the most sense. I'm personally leaning towards after since at 2 chapters and episodes we have about 50 chapters and they started about 20 deep.

From what I've seen All Might's is perfect (gotta love Christopher Sabat), I did watch his fight against Noumu dubbed.

If they picked up the pace enough they'd have time for the test, and it'd mean we'd also get that neat little bit at the mall that happens right before the summer lodge.

Archived