My Hero Academia

Shradow

I've thought about switching to the dub but by this point I'm too invested in their sub voices. I already mentioned Mei being perfect but I really love pretty much all the voices such as Yamashita Daiki as Deku (even if the only other major thing I've heard him in is Yowapeda as Onoda), Suwabe Junichi as Aizawa (Archer in Fate/stay night, Hayama in Shokugeki no Soma), Yuuki Aoi as Tsuyu (Madoka in Madoka Magica, Tatsumaki in OPM, Clementine in Overlord), and Ishikawa Kaito as Iida (Kageyama in Haikyuu!!, Genos in OPM).

Though Okamoto Nobuhiko as Bakugou (Nishinoya in Haikyuu!!, Obi in Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Accelerator in A Certain Magical Index, Yoichi in Seraph of the End which I found very surprising) might just be my favorite.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dub's on point. I've been watching season 2 dubbed and I'll probably stick with it over sub from now on if future seasons are simul-dubbed.

I've been enjoying it a lot, I've come to like the series even more as time's gone on. Can't wait for the one on one fights to start.

Curious, did you find Present Mic's voice to be different in the 4th episode of compared to his voice earlier? I can't shake it suddenly sounding a fair bit deeper.

Curious, did you find Present Mic's voice to be different in the 4th episode of compared to his voice earlier? I can't shake it suddenly sounding a fair bit deeper.

I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said something, but I think I did notice that a bit. I don't think he was recast though, still Sonny Strait. 

I like how they have older anime dub VAs as the mentors and the students are all mostly newcomers. I think it's fitting and like passing the torch to the next gen.

I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said something, but I think I did notice that a bit. I don't think he was recast though, still Sonny Strait. 

I like how they have older anime dub VAs as the mentors and the students are all mostly newcomers. I think it's fitting and like passing the torch to the next gen.

I can still hear the VA, but it just sounded a bit lower. Before it honestly just sounded like Koro-Sensei so maybe they wanted to give him a more distinct voice? I guess we'll hear more next week to see if this was a goof of some kind of if this is just a new direction they are going for.

I didn't actually know that the break down on VAs ended up like that. That is pretty neat.

• 1 month later...

So, they anime just got to the Bakugo and Uraraka fight. It really is such a great fight. Not only does it show off how great a character Uraraka is it does a lot to make Bakugo a far more interesting character. Where everyone else sees Uraraka as nothing more than a fragile girl he actually respects her and doesn't hold back. I think this is mot highlighted in him actually calling her by name after her plan fails. Honestly, I think that is one of the only times he calls a character by their proper name. The scene between Uraraka and Deku after her lose is super sweet and her talk with her dad is also great. Can't wait for next weeks fight.

The next fight is definitely the highlight of the arc, but overall the anime has handled this arc really well. The way fights like Tokoyami vs Yaoyorozu and Ashido vs Aoyama were extended was really well done. I had completely forgotten about those fights in the manga since they were only covered in a single panel with them being summarized to Uraraka in the waiting room.

I'm honestly curious if they'll show any of the fights while Deku was KOed. If I were to guess this arc will end with episode 12 and then we'll get the Stain arc and, most likely, the midterms arc. I like how the anime was able to highlight just how devastated Yaoyorozu was in her lose. Though a nice little bit I missed in the manga was just her face when you see her with the other kids. It REALLY shows in that shot.

I just finished watching the latest episode in season 2, since Crunchyroll won't allow it unless you "buy membership or whatever". I watched the dub version since I wanted to see how they did the voices. Honestly, I'll stick with sub. Also, dub felt a lot faster (which is understandable). I'm not sure how Shoto vs Deku will turn out. Of course Deku is the protag and therefore he needs to win so that he can show himself to the world so All Might can retire and stuff, but if Shoto wins, he can prove to his father that he can win without use his left. 

funk, that was so good. Even though I've read the manga that was so funking good. The soundtrack during the middle part of the fight was very incredible, the final blow was animated so well, and the anime made Todoroki's mom's mental instability more impactful, I thought. Phenomenal adaptation, bravo Bones.

Next episode things get a bit more serious, too, that'll be cool.

That really is such an amazing fight. My one complaint is I wish Deku's "ITS YOUR POWER, NOT HIS!!!" moment were given more gravitas. And while I know it will get highlighted more in the next episode I kind of wished they stressed a little more how Deku was fighting so hard partly because he was trying to save Shoto. Both of those things were there, but I wish they were there a bit more. But maybe thats just me.

Looks like we're going to be getting more of the offscreen fights next week which is cool.

I just realized that the manga has already gone way ahead of the tournament arc and I can just read it to find out what happens in the next arc or two. But I'm not gonna. Cause that's how dedicated I am.

The manga is several arcs ahead. After this we have

Stain

Term Finals

Summer Camp

Spoiler

License

Current

As I've said a few times in this thread we're likely to get through the Finals arc and end right at the start of the summer camp stuff. This arc is 22 chapters and will eat about half the series run time. So in total the second season should each about 66 chapters in.

Yo that fight was LIT

How many more episodes are in this season?

I believe we have 15/16 more. All I know is this is a double season so twice the normal length for a show. Should be enough for the next big arc plus a little more. Next episode will start setting the stage for it.

The fight was, wow. The part with Shoto and his mother going insane just got me and the fight was insane. I wonder what'll happen now. Since I've swore an oath not to read ahead, I wonder how the whole "One for All" thing is gonna turn out the more All Might's time limit is going to be reduced

The fight was, wow. The part with Shoto and his mother going insane just got me and the fight was insane. I wonder what'll happen now. Since I've swore an oath not to read ahead, I wonder how the whole "One for All" thing is gonna turn out the more All Might's time limit is going to be reduced

We won't be getting much from All Might during this season of the anime. Next season though.....

Archived