My Hero Academia

Shradow

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God I felt bad for Lida when his brother died. I wonder how long till' the stain arc and how deep that'll be. Just predicting, All Might will die. Do not tell if he does or not, I want to see for myself

Next episode should be the last for the Sports Festival and the episode after that will start the stuff with Stain. I'd expect that to run for about 8ish episodes.

It's Iida, not Lida.

I can get why someone could make that mistake. If your not paying enough attention "I" can look like "l".

Next episode should be the last for the Sports Festival and the episode after that will start the stuff with Stain. I'd expect that to run for about 8ish episodes.

I'm surprised how short these arcs are. I'm used to long seasons, since the only animes I've watched are Hunter x Hunter, SAO and half of SAO II and Dragon Ball Super. Though, I guess I should be getting used to this.

I'm surprised how short these arcs are. I'm used to long seasons, since the only animes I've watched are Hunter x Hunter, SAO and half of SAO II and Dragon Ball Super. Though, I guess I should be getting used to this.

Super long arcs aren't really a thing until late in a series run. Just look at One Piece and where it was at this point in its run vs. My Hero.

One Piece

Intro + Zoro arc

Buggy arc

Usopp arc

Sanji arc

Nami arc

Entry to the Grand Line arc

Laboon arc

Whisky Peak arc

Little Garden arc

Start of Chopper arc

My Hero

Intro + Entry to UA

Hero Training

Villain Invasion

Sports Festival

Stain

Finals

Summer Camp

Spoiler

Provisional License

Yakuza

And so the sports festival is over. Deku did his best to help, but so many years of Todoroki's grudge caused by childhood trauma can't be simply washed away so quickly, that fire's not coming so easily just yet. But him making amends with his mom is really sweet.

I knew what was coming, and I was expecting more complaints about the anticlimactic final match, but from what I've seen a lot of people are very understanding about it. I'm wondering if Bakugou's anger towards the situation helped curb the fans', which I never thought about until now.

Loved the post-credit scenes, they were funny. I forgot about the bit with Uraraka's parents and her eyeball popping freakout, and BakuGOAT's fight against bacteria is always hilarious.

The highlight of this week's episode for me wasn't the fight but how Shoto found the courage to visit his mother. Also, first time watching the post-credit bit, it was hilarious. Also, can't wait to see the code-names. Sucks that I know Kirishima's already but I wonder what Uraraka's and Yaoyorozu's will be

First half of the season is over, the next half is even better!

Also I love Gran Torino's voice.

uzWCLyH.png?1

I forgot all about that part, so funking funny.

And if you haven't already, check out the Vigilante spin-off manga. Went through and read it today, it's really good. It takes place before the beginning of the normal series so it has a couple backstory bits, but also has tie-ins to the more recent parts of the normal manga.

Stain'll be a fun arc to see animated and voice acted. I'd forgotten some of the other student code names so this was a nice refresher.

I agree with the Vigilante manga, it covers that aspect of the society and has more full reign to explore that without clogging up the main story's pace. I'd be down to see a few OVAs or one cour from it in the future, which it'll inevitably receive.

The anime has been good about adding in original content. Such as the letter to Gran Torino at the beginning of the season, expanding the sports festival fights, and the flashback of Present Mic giving Eraser Head his name.

I'm gonna do what I did for the first half of the season, now that we're at this arc I'm gonna reread the manga to refresh myself and get hyped to see it animated.

EDIT: Oh, the bit with Eraser Head's name wasn't anime original, it was just in an omake of the volume 6 release.

lgUvHUN.png

• 3 weeks later...

LncAfVP.jpg

Last week's episode was a beaut. We got to see everybody being taught by pro heroes, including Iida with whoever that guy was, Uraraka with Gunhead and my favorite one, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu with Fourth Kinda. We also got to see Izuku learning how to use 5% of One For All, which was also kinda cool.  

Ohhh yeah I remember that now. I was wondering what brought them to do the new ED that way. The new ED and OP look and sound great as well, so that's good.

Kirishima's becoming a new favorite of mine. He's been doing cool stuff in the manga lately.

The latest episode reminded me of some of the pairings I'd forgotten about. Mount Lady and Mineta got a laugh out of me.

I really like how the new ED is based on the art from the second popularity poll:

uIdfpck.jpg

Also, LiSA's songs are always great.

O snap. They got LiSA to do one of the songs? With my laptop dying I haven't gotten to the newest episode so I haven't seen the new OP or ED proper. I did see that it uses the popularity poll designs which is REALLY cool. Also, from the pics I saw of the OP it is 100% that we're getting the end of semester tests

Archived