[OOC Thread] RWBY: A Fang's Mark (CLOSED/Reboot Coming Soon)

Fate of RWBY: A Fang's Mark  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should I try to reboot the RWBY RP, or just make it into a fanfic?

• Reboot
    • Fanfic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shiiit, a team based on the witch trials! I'm in. I'll try and make an app within the next week~

[spoiler=Yubaba Titanya, the Caliglyphist]

jii51s.png
"Elegance is key to a battle. And no, I have no desire to be ladylike. I'm a goat, not a girl, after all."

Personal Information:

Name: Yubaba Titanya
Race: Faunus (Goat)
Reference: Tituba
Team: CYJL
[spoiler=Appearance:]

Most people's first impressions of Yubaba are those of gracefulness and refinement. It would be hard to not get that impression. Standing slightly taller than average at 5'10" and with a rather slight pear shape consisting of 164 lbs of flesh, she walks with purposeful, long strides that let her bow, as well as her skirt, flutter delicately as she passes by in her white yellow-laced boots. But not only is she graceful, she is also practical. Her faded black vest has many pockets, both inside and out, which hold her weapons, Prospero and Shakespeare. Her long, lilac, curly-wavy hair is worn slightly up (as to not interfere with her vision/ mobility), and her over shirt is inscribed with a rather basic glyph to increase her aura, even if it is only marginally. Her ivory horns curl around her head in a perfect crescent, starting at the crown of her head and ending in a point right under her eyes.

x58il0.jpg

[spoiler=Personality:]

Yubaba is a kind goat, and like any other goat, stubborn as a rock. She tries to genuinely be interested in what others have to say, and if she's not, she'll keep it to herself and make it seem like she is. She also tries to be the peacekeeper, which is usually where she is most stubborn. If she cannot resolve a conflict right away, she will strive to fix it, though not head on. Giving subtle hints, telling little white lies, that sort of thing, until everything is hunky dory. But Yubaba has another side to her: The angry kind. Yubaba hates to be called lady-like, or any semblance of being a lady. Since she has no need to be lady-like, she'll gladly cuss out her insulter and beat them to a pulp if they don't correct themself. Speaking of pulp, Yubaba is also very, very picky about quite a few things, such as pulp in her orange juice (she hates it completely and utterly). She won't throw a fit, per say, but she will make a point that she doesn't like it, and that she would appreciate it in the future that the object of her disgust be as far away from her as possible. Though there have been few instances of this with other people, she can and will hold a grudge. She isn't vengeful, but that's not saying she won't "accidentally" trip them, or leave a nasty glyph on them. Yubaba thinks that vengeance is an ugly thing, and prefers more elegant ways of doing so, like a few practical jokes.

[spoiler=Biography:]

Yubaba grew up in a prosperous Faunus family. Deep rooted in their traditional values, Yubaba was taught the fine art of caliglyphy, or beautiful glyph drawing. However, her family did not realize that their offspring was gifted in this art, so much so that the glyphs actually worked! Yubaba's first experience with this was when she was practicing at the dinner table, scrawling an ice glyph on a piece of parchment. When dinner came, she had placed the paper underneath her plate. Almost instantaneously, the plate and all its contents were frozen solid. Yubaba was shocked by the fact that she could do such a thing with her art. After some intensive research, She decided that becoming a Huntrix ((I'm making a non-binary version of huntsman and huntress, fight me)) would be the best option for all involved. She had secretly wanted to leave behind her noble past anyways, and this way, she could, while still living up to the expectations of her family's name.

She spent two years at Mirage, which helped her to refine her skills as a caliglyphist even further than her home studies could have. Before she left for Mirage, though, her parents decided that entrusting the family heirloom to their Huntrix-to-be would be best. Everyday, Yubaba practiced with Shakespeare, bending ink, dust, and metal to her will. However, her stay at mirage was not without hardships: the White Fang was rampant there, and she, believing that Fanus and humans had been equal since the start,bad to fend off many a rude and sometimes even violent recruiter. Despite this, though, she managed to graduate with nearly perfect grades (even though you can't really grade fighting, though her penmanship was divine) and a new weapon: Prospero, her portfolio of glyphs. Now here she is, on her journey to becoming a Huntrix, with the family pen and her personal book by her side as fighting companions.

Combat Information

Weapon Names: Prospero and Shakespeare
Weapon Description:

[spoiler=Prospero:]

Prospero is a compact book with a purple and black cover. it measures about 6.5x4x4 in. and contains around 28 individual pages, each one inscribed with a different glyph on the front and back sides. The book is separated into 4 chapters, each one containing 14 glyphs. The chapters, in order, are as follows: Power Glyphs, Supporting Glyphs, Sealing Glyphs, and Summoning Glyphs. Power glyphs are offensive and mostly elemental, but have a hefty cooldown, about 15 seconds in between uses is needed. Supporting glyphs are for, well, supporting, such as boosting certain aspects or healing. Their cooldown is rather large, about 1 minute between uses. Sealing glyphs are just that. They're used to stop things, such as attacks, movements, and even auras can all be sealed, at least to the point where only basic protection is possible. But these glyphs have the longest cooldowns of them all, around 10 minutes in between, and they only last about 20 seconds. Finally, the Summoning glyphs. As their name implies, they summon things. However, they need to be set first, which means that each glyph is useless until they are placed on the thing they would be summoning. This is accomplished by dust-magic, of course. Their cooldown time is around 2 minutes. Prospero has its limitations, though. It can only use 1 glyph at a time, and once a glyph is on cooldown, the entire chapter that glyph is from is, as well.

[spoiler=Shakespeare:]

Shakespeare is a rather simple looking weapon. A little white pen about 8" long and .5" wide that comes to a slight point at the end. Using it is as easy as Shakespeare is sleek. Simply waving it in the air leaves a trail of dust, which can in turn be used to do whatever the dust does best. However, Shakespeare is not compatible with all forms of dust, only the four basic ones (Water, Fire, Earth, and Air).

But this isn't Shakespeare's only form. Shakespeare is able to transform itself, although a complicated process, into a glaive, which altogether is 5' 10". The pole is as white as the pen it once was, and roughly 5' tall. The blade, about 10", curves ever so slightly at the tip. Only one side is sharp, which is usual for a glaive. Unfortunately, Shakespeare can't utilize dust in this form, and is just a big, sharp, deadly piece of metal on a pole.

[spoiler=Semblance: Trance]

Yubaba is able to put anyone, even herself, into a sort of berserker trance state. In this state, the person's physical attacks have significantly more power behind them, but the downside is that they are unable to use their semblance, as well as the fact that now everyone is considered the enemy. If Yubaba doesn't use it on herself, she must stand completely still while doing this. Only one person may be Trance'd at a time, and it takes significant concentration to do so. When Yubaba Trance's herself, there is a time limit of around 3 minutes. However, when she chooses to Trance someone else, there is no set time limit, but rather Yubaba has to stand completely still and receive no damage fro the duration of the Trance. If her aura is weak, Yubaba can't even muster the strength to use Trance.

Miscellaneous Information

Likes chewing on tin foil every now and then

Only has okay night vision for a Faunus. Think mild cataracts. 

Toenails are actually black, like hooves. 

Sorry, but I'm not going to join this afterall. I seem to have enough trouble posting in the other RP I have frequently, let alone to try and add another in when I haven't managed to get around to making a character for it after this long. Also, nice to see Morgana joining the CMLT team again, she was my character from the previous RWBY RP.

Sorry to see you go Sim, but I completely understand the reasoning. Have fun in that other RP (which I totally know what is :])

In other news, Yubaba and Ariana are now in their respective teams. And we have a third junior team to.

By the time the RP starts, I assume that if the teams empty slots are still empty, you'll be making NPCs or something?

[spoiler=Mary Rowena Lockwood, Nature's Advocate]

"If you don't shut up this second, tomorrow's breakfast will have an extra dose of poison."

Name: Mary Rowena Lockwood (simply referred to as Mary)

Race: Human

Reference: Morgana le Fey

Team: CMLT

[spoiler=Appearance] D43Rxhp.png

Mary is a bit under average height and weight for her age, making her really petite. She has strikingly pain skin, almost as if she's rarely seen the sun, despite often staying outside quite a bit to conduct botanical studies. She has bright azure doe-like eyes, that are usually the most striking part of her appearance, many would describe them as "the sky trapped in a deer's eye". She has long hazel hair that she keeps in two ponytails, kept by two azure ribbons. She almost always wears a cyan scarf to cover her mouth, in fact, since she entered the academy, no one has seen her without it. She usually wears white and various shades of light blue, decorated with golden accessories. She wears (not seen in the picture) a pair of white leggings, and a pair of combat boots that match her dark grey skirt. On her right index finger she has tattooed a eye. On her skirt she keeps various dust crystals (Earth, Water, Wind) to insert into Alkalurops.

[spoiler=Personality]

Mary, despite her gentle appearance, isn't exactly the most normal person... She's actually pretty weird, even for her family's standards which are known in their area to have their head too far down the rabbit hole. She firmly believes that she's a modern day witch, and her knowledge of botany and herbalism only support her theory. She often comes out of nowhere saying weird things such as "What would happen if the sun and i switched places?", often weirding out people around her, even her teammates haven't fully adapted to this habit of hers fully yet. She also doesn't speak much, she prefers observing the world around her and putting everything interesting she notices in her trusty journal. Her observing abilities and quietness allow her to hear a lot of secrets and gossips, which she often uses at her or her friends' advantage. You should never question her abilities, or you'll have to stay in the bathroom for several days, vomiting or with an horrifying diarrhea.

Another of her skills along with botany and herbalism is cooking, she's the team's official cook and when she isn't daydreaming or working with plants, she's cooking, from baked goods to salads she'll make it all. Though, since she's vegetarian, meat isn't exactly one of her most prepared meals, but she'll prepare it no problem if her teammates ask her to do so, obviously only if the ask nicely.

In battle she's very strategic, often making sure that her actions can, in some way or another help others. Also, her knowledge of plants comes very hand while on the field, often knowing which plants are poisonous or not and how to use them to their advantage.

[spoiler=Biography]

Mary Rowena Lockwood is the daughter of a botanist and an huntsman. She grew up in a house near the forest, on top of a hill, with a village pretty close; with her parents, her brother and their many pets. She's always lived a pretty normal life, always in contact with nature and often assisting her mother with her research. She, since she was born always had a passion for nature and folklore and it always stayed with her. She wasn't instructed much in hunting but she sometimes went out with her father on expeditions, to gather herbs for her mum.

Her mother died to a disease when Mary was 15. Since then Mary decided to pick up her mother's studies and learn the underrated art of herbalism, so that she can save her close ones. Life proceeded as normal, though Mary was the one who had to take care of the house as her brother was always out with her father. Even though she had to stay indoors, she always daydreamed about the nature around her, how unicorns might hide in the forest and what the little animals were up to.

One day, when her father and brother came home, they were attacked by a pair of Death Stalkers. Her father and brother managed to take it down, but not without getting badly poisoned. Mary then quickly prepared medicines for both and helped them heal from what would've probably been otherwise a painful death. She's now following her parent's dreams, spreading the knowledge of herbalism and purifying the world from Grimm.

-------------------------------------

Weapon Name: Alkalurops

[spoiler=Weapon Description]

[spoiler=Weapon Appearance (the staff the mage's holding)] 13e670d069715c0737d2787ea81004814e31ec16 

Alkalurops is a Dust powered staff that's been used by every female member of Mary's family. It has the characteristic that, when sheathed, the flower on top of it is closed, and it blooms instantly when unsheathed. The staff is made from the wood of the biggest oak of her area, highly purified iron and, the part that gives it its dust manipulating properties, the flower on top, a very rare spring flower called by the Lockwood family "Saint's Lily". The staff manipulates dust to conjure the power of elements. To change the elements that Alkalurops can manipulate, Mary has to insert the specific dust crystal inside Alkalurops' flower. Mary can use the pointy end of the staff as a lance, almost doubling up as one if close combat is required. Obviously Mary prefers staying behind the frontline to offer support to her allies.

The staff, to manifest its powers, connects multiple ley lines and depending on the pattern created, a certain spell will be casted, this also means that not all spells are castable in all areas, since some of the ley lines used to create the pattern couldn't be present.

[spoiler=Semblance] Mary's semblance, Walpurgisnacht, is her most powerful spell, it has an extremely long cooldown, of almost an entire day. When used, Mary will summon a multitude of copies of herself which will dance and sing alongside her around the target. While dancing, they will summon a miniature moon that will fall on the target, but won't damage the terrain, meaning that it will only damage the target. If someone hears their singing, they'll probably end up mesmerized and it requires a very strong force of will to not fall under the spell. Despite the power of the spell, there are multiple ways to interrupt it or at least not be affected by it. 

1) Not hearing the song. If someone is unable to hear the eerie song sung by Mary and her copies, they will be totally unaffected by the spell meaning that they can escape that nightmarish circle without problems.

2) Being able to hit the original Mary while she's dancing/singing. This is the most usual way of escaping it. The copies are all almost identical to Mary, with one exception, her finger tattoo. If someone is able to hit the real Mary, the spell will be interrupted.

-------------------------------------

[spoiler=Misc. Info]

Theme | Battle Theme

• Mary's journal is full of pictures of animals, mostly cats.
  • Her room is full of plants, and often butterflies fly in. it's a really pretty scenery in the early morning or at sunset
  • She keeps her herbalism kit in her room
  • She has a passion for clockwork stuff

And the app is done! Tell me if anything's to be adjusted

Well, now that you mention it...

• You have a typo at the start of your weapon description that reads something like "every female of Mary's female." I imagine you meant family, but you might want to fix that nonetheless. The weapon itself is fine though, and although you have quite the strong semblance, its weaknesses are obvious enough that I can let it slide

• Canonically speaking, none of the current Grimm resemble any form of plant. However, if you wish to stick with the bio you have, I might be able to introduce a Grimm specifically so that it makes more sense (name it, describe its appearance, give it a mask, all that stuff). Alternatively, you can replace that with one of the canon Grimms; there's a wolf, a boar, a bird, a dinosaur (specifically a theropod with only hind legs), a scorpion, an elephant (though I don't recommend them since they're supposed to be extremely hard to fell), a snake, a raven and a bear. They do have names though, which I haven't revealed yet since I've been too busy to complete the database. In any case, whichever of the two options you want done here is up to you.

I'll change it to two or three Scorpion Grimms. Also didn't notice the typo at all.

Even though you said the semblance is fine i might change it, not 100% sure about it though.

Alrighty then. The scorpions are called Death Stalkers, jsuk

Everything but baba's Bio is done, for the time being. I also shifted prospero's sealing around so that it's not too overpowered (I hope?). Lemme know what ya think so far, if that's alright to ask~

Everything seems A-OK so far. Keep up the good work :)

Here is my first application.

[spoiler=Tamsyn Morgause, the Broken Girl with the Unbreakable Armor]

bjj101o.jpg
"You think this school is hard? Imagine waking up every day knowing that the only way you are going to get to class is to crawl and drag your body to a special mechanical harness that helps you move your body, because your own muscles and bones are too weak and brittle to do the job! That this mechanical harness is the only thing protecting you from the effects of gravity, and without it, you are about as helpless as a fish out of water! That is my LIFE!!! So you stop griping about how much your current situation sucks, because trust me, I'm only where I am because I fought tooth and nail against everything and everyone around me to get there!"
Personal Information:
Name: Tamsyn "Tam" Morgause
Race: Human
References: The Black Knight, Mordred, Tom a'Lincoln, Asuka Langley Sohryu, Tenno, SPARTAN Program
Team: CMLT
[spoiler=Appearance]
IL06DRq.jpg
Outside of her suit, Tamsyn has dark blue hair, usually tied into a braid or a ponytail, with bangs framing a pale face with dark grey eyes. She is a slender 5'5" (165 cm) and weighing in at a very light 111 LBS (50 kg), with a lithe frame and a graceful body. However, this lithe build betrays the fact that Tamsyn cannot function for an extended duration outside of her exoskeleton, which is semi-armored with a silvery sheen, and adds an extra couple inches to her height. This exoskeleton has servos and support struts going along her neck and spine, meeting up with her chest in a sort of corset, and extending down her limbs to motors on her hips and shoulders that power her limbs. She usually wears a special black rubbery bodysuit with a gunmetal finish on the borders of its hexagonal design as her innermost layer, with her school uniform or a set of more casual clothes over her exoskeleton, though she takes these off when she is getting into her armor.

Tamsyn's armor, as pictured above, is bulky, heavily armored, and massive, standing tall at 6'7" (200 cm) and weighing in at roughly 600 LBS (272 kg). Colored a dark grey and accented with golden designs, including a false faceplate that actually contains many of the suit's sensors, the armor is composed of a series of extensions to the exoskeleton system within the armor to increase the capacity to move, as well as additional servos and motors to move the bulk of the machine. Tamsyn puts on the outermost layering first, letting the two parts of the exoskeleton meet, then seals it up before linking the various plating segments together, many of which are ablative and configurable. Her head is actually located within the lower portions of the armor's "head", and can detach the helmet to look out if she needs to, or duck down inside the armor for cover. Similarly, due to her size, her hands and feet are located within the gauntlets and grieves, allowing for various mechanisms to be located within. On the back of the armor are a series of magnetic tethers to equip additional ammo reserves and her various melee weapon heads, or other items of interest.

[spoiler=Personality]
Tamsyn is an egotistical individual, especially in regards to her mechanical and fighting prowess, and comes across to others as proud and strong, with a very high opinion of both her appearance and her skill as a Huntress. She is stubborn and finds it difficult to express her true feelings to others. She does not like being looked down upon or told what to do as she wants to be viewed as an adult. She is aggressive and can be very opinionated. However, this personality is a front that protects a very vulnerable and insecure girl, a side which rarely gets expressed, except to those that she has decided to open herself up to. She is often violent, impatient, and regularly takes out her aggression in combat or on missions, preferring to punch, smash, slash, and blast her way to the objective instead of waiting around. She also has a strong need to be self-sufficient, and has a great deal of difficulty dealing with her self-perceived failure when she does need help.

However, Tamsyn may be easily blinded by her pride, but she isn't stupid. On the contrary, she is quite the mechanical prodigy, having to learn how to do self-repairs on her exoskeleton, and later her armor, since she was young. She also possesses a great deal of confidence and self-assurance, and doesn't spend too much time on mulling over a decision, preferring to take action and initiative so she can potentially gain an upper hand or take advantage of an opportunity. As such, she hates wasting time, and dislikes people that mope and whine, seeing them as worthless. She takes the greatest offense to those that talk down to her, or are perceived by her to be calling her weak.

This has caused clashes with her teammates, as Caliburn can sometimes be indecisive in his commands, and she sees his concepts of honor as archaic, as she strives to win however she can. She gets along well with Landon, as he helps to keep the CMLT dorm room free of any detritus, which helps her with her repairs and upgrades to her equipment, and even helps her find a stray nut, bolt, or fastener that fell underneath her workbench. Similarly, she and Mary have become good friends over the years, engaging in thought experiments together in private regarding some of Mary's more odd questions about the universe around her. Some of Mary's concoctions have helped Tam out in return on a few occasions. But it seems as if Cal and Tam will keep butting heads, despite Tamsyn mellowing out to a small degree.

[spoiler=Biography]
Tamsyn was born to Professor Orkney Morgause, a senior researcher and engineer on the design team for the Atlesian Knights and Paladins, and his wife Lotte in Atlas, but Lotte passed away due to complications from the early childbirth. Furthermore, due to the early childbirth, Tamsyn was very sick as a child, and her body was not as strong as it should have been, with brittle bones and weak muscles. With a workaholic father unable to give up his career to take care of a baby girl that was more often in the hospital than at home, Tamsyn spent her early years being taken care of, until her father came home with a special present: a slender exoskeleton modified from the chassis of an Atlesian Knight. Finally able to move on her own without tiring easily or breaking a bone, Tamsyn resolved to herself to show her father that she was stronger than he thought, and that she could do anything she set her mind to.

With this newfound mobility and agency, she began to do better at school and compete not only against the girls, but also the boys, gaining a vicious competitive streak and an ego to boot. Finally, she resolved to become a Huntress, and became officially sponsored by the Atlesian military, on the condition that she test out prototype exoskeletons and special armor and weapons packs to go with them. She remained one of the best individual students in her academy, but the team she was on began to rely on her more and more to complete their assignments and challenges, until a mission that was failed because her teammates essentially abandoned her to finish it for them. This resulted in Tamsyn and her team getting reprimanded and reassigned to other teams to improve their scores, and the furious and disgraced Tamsyn took it out on her new team, who tried to help her, but eventually got fed up with her, and devised a way to exile her from Atlas. Using a student exchange program, they tricked Tamsyn into entering, then hacked into the mainframe to rig the selection process in her favor. With little choice, she left for distant Vacuo.

Upon arriving, Tamsyn found herself assigned to a team consisting of a self-righteous, self-proclaimed hero who seemed to be able to leave, but kept insisting on "doing what was right" and "upholding his honor and the honor of others", a girl who barely talked, and when she did say something, it either was far too on the nose than it should have been, or inane nonsense about something completely unrelated to the topic, and a neat freak that was obsessed with making sure that everything around him, and everything he did was always absolutely perfect. For the first year, the team barely held together to pass, with everyone having trouble with each other, but they started to find commonalities and ways to bond together, becoming more and more integrated. While they still have issues due to their vastly different personalities and interests, they have become rather effective as a team, with Tamsyn helping to protect her teammates with her armor, and try to take care of the worst of what they have to face.

Combat Information
Weapon Name: Limb-Enhancing Figurable Armored Exoskeleton
[spoiler=Weapon Information]
Tamsyn's exoskeleton and armor are equipped with a variety of different weapons to fight against both Grimm and more sapient foes alike. First, she has a special extendable handle affixed to one of the magnetic sections on the back of her armor. This can then attach to one of three weapon pieces along similar magnetic sections that fold out into a claymore, a battleaxe, and a morningstar. She also possesses a series of smart flechette launchers all along her armor, primarily in her gauntlets, her shoulder plating, and her hip plating. She can carry a variety of different payloads, from her standard steel darts to tranquilizer darts that can be filled with various solutions to Dust-loaded tips to create assorted elemental explosions upon impact to armor-piercing sabot rounds made out of depleted uranium. Thanks to a series of sensors located around the suit, and the main suite of sensors in the head, she can fire them individually, or en masse in a barrage that she dubs "Razor Rain", though this quickly exhausts her ammo sustaining the strike. She can, however, reload by partially taking off her armor and putting in new reserves. Furthermore, the armor is very durable, and can detach damaged segments if needed, as well as filter the air outside, or even seal off the intake to keep the interior environmentally-controlled for hazardous situations.

[spoiler=Semblance]
Kinetic Barrier

Tamsyn can generate a field of energy around herself, almost a molecule thick, that can either be an inch above her skin, or extend to cover her entire exoskeleton, and even her armor. This field is only detectable when a kinetic impact, from a melee weapon, rounds from a firearm, or something large and moving hits her, at which point it kicks in and flares up around her in a display of silver color before dissipating once the impact stops. As it does so, the field absorbs the impact and stores the kinetic energy, stopping the impact. Tamsyn can then release that stored energy in a shockwave around her that radiates out as a dome or a bubble from her, but lessens in strength as it explodes further. However, this added defense has some flaws. First, Dust and Semblance attacks do not trigger the barrier, meaning a blast from a Schnee's Semblance or fire from a weapon using Dust as the projectile such as the Ember Celica would penetrate. Second, the barrier can only store a limited amount of energy. If it gets overloaded, it will simply fail, dissipating and releasing that energy as a more contained detonation that can potentially damage Tamsyn's armor, and will not function for a minute or two.

Miscellaneous Information*
  • Tamsyn has a workbench in the CMLT dorm, as well as a movable chair with cushioning that helps her relax her mind and her body.
  • She also has a Siamese cat with heterochromia named The Major.
  • There are rumors that she and Caliburn might have a thing, but those rumors are unproven...currently...

Archived