[Finished]CC Monthly Series (January 2016) [ENTRIES CLOSED | JUDGING]

[spoiler=I'm in, so here is my entry]hGC5kG8.png

Cloudian - Smoke Ball
Level 1 / WATER
Fairy / Effect
This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. You can Tribute this face-up card; add 1 "Cloudian" card from your Deck to your hand, then you can Normal Summon 1 "Cloudian" monster, in addition to your Normal Summon or Set this turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)
200 / 600

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. And I hope you can be the first CGA contest? o.o

Probably going to be the only one at the moment.

i forgot to ask

I wonder if Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand counts as retrained version of Felgrand Dragon/Felgrand, the Great Divine Dragon? Isn't it Paladin of Felgrand in a Felgrand Dragon armor? @@

What i mean is . . . let's say Serpent Night Dragon as a base card, and the retrained version would be Serpent Knight Dragon (and it's Knight form, not a dragon form, looking at it's lore too) are we allowed making such?

Technically, Divine Dragon does count (though DEF is different, but for most intents/purposes, we can disregard that).

As for your other question, you can make it into a Knight for a retrain.

That OP really needs updating.

I would've done it yesterday, but net was crappy for most of the night.

Doing that now.

[spoiler Card]DGTwOIk.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Blaze Accelerator" card: You can banish this card from the Graveyard, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it. If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Level 3 or lower "Volcanic" monster, except "Volcanic Rat", from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler Design Notes]Never quite understood the reason for Volcanic Rat's creation. But that makes it the best candidate for retraining.

While it doesn't fall in line with the theme of ammunition being used to blow things up, the main point of the retrain is to address a couple of weak points in Volcanics. The first effect lets one clear out backrow with Scavenging Rat, but at a little cost of banishing it so it can't be cycled too frequently to utterly deny backrow. The second effect lets it tutor any ammo to hand if destroyed in battle, in the off-chance anyone needs to put it on the field for any reason. This form of tutor is intended to be a niche over Volcanic Blaster as the card goes straight to your hand rather than you needing to wait to draw, with the drawback of not being able to pull up Rocket.

EDIT: Gave it a new name and image.

my y key is being very annoying.
[spoiler Card]9dW26q3.png
Effect: 1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner LIGHT monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can discard a card; negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster's effect that targets a face-up monster you control, and of you do, destroy that card.

design notes: BESD kinda sucks .... more like it sucks a lot....

zbbmiFz.png

Monster Effect:

"Timeater" + 1 or more (max 2.) Machine-type monsters

Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards you control to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only Special Summon 1 " Timengulfer" per turn. When this card is Fusion Summoned: Your opponent skips each of their next Main Phase 1 (s) up to the number of Fusion Materials used to Summon this card other than "Timeater". Once per turn: You can target face-up 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy it, and, if you do, your opponent skips their next Main Phase 2. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Extra Deck: You can place this card in 1 of your free Pendulum Zones.

Pendulum Effect:

You skip your Main Phase 1. This effect cannot be negated.

2hg4k03.png
Man-Eating Treacherous Chest

Attribute: DARK
Level: 4

Type: Fiend / Effect
Monster effect: You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell & Trap Zone as a Trap Card. When this Set card in the Spell & Trap Zone is targeted by a card effect, except the turn it was Set: You can Special Summon it; negate that effect, and if you do, destroy that card. Once per turn, if this card was Summoned this way: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, draw 1 card.

ATK: 1600
DEF: 1000

You might recognize "Man-Eating Treasure Chest" in this card, which is not weird given this card is based of that monster. As the original monster is based of a Mimic (or chest monster), I wanted it to disguise it as something else; Spell/Trap Cards make sense in that case. These monsters however have the tendency to attack when you try to open them. As such I decided to let it trigger when you as duelist try to "open" it - or in this case target it - as opposed to being destroyed. This gives it some advantages and weaknesses compared to monsters with a similar effect.

Since there are better cards for letting your opponent waste card effects (and it being quite unrewarding for using your own), I gave it another effect that rewards you for summoning it using its first effect: It takes care of any adventurer that would try to steal its treasure, and turns them in even more treasure.

With its slightly low ATK and DEF for todays standard, I doudt whehter it will be able to survive your opponent's turn. As such you probably won't get to use its effect often. Also, since it is somewhat unlikely for your opponent to target 1 of your Set Spell/Trap cards, you will probably be the one wasting a card. With these factors in mind I think the card is rewarding enough, while not outright overpower. But that is for the judge(s) to decide.

Made the artwork of this card using Blender; not the most logical or best software for the task.

[spoiler=Card]RJYL8jN.png?1
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: Target 1 card in your Graveyard; this card gains ATK equal to half the ATK of that target. If this card is flipped face-up: Increase this card's ATK by 300 for each monster in your graveyard.

[spoiler=Info]The first effect is a buffed version of Swordstalker's anime effect, which increases the ATK by 1/4 of a monster in the grave. The second effect is based of the effect it has in DotR, where it gets 100 ATK for each card in your grave. I increased the boost as it is harder to set a Synchro than it would be as a standard effect monster. I choose to retrain it as a Synchro as it fits with what Blue-eyes bow do, and with this being one of Kaiba's cards.

I wish to participate.

Already made the card so here it is:

[spoiler=Card]

OKy1ner.jpg

Level 3 - EARTH - Beast/Fusion/Effect - 900/700

1 Fairy-Type monster + 1 Beast-Type monster
Cannot be targeted by, or destroyed by, an opponent's card effects. At the start of the damage step, if this card battles an opponent's face-up monster: Take control of that monster until the end of the Battle Phase. You can only use this effect of "Hypnotizing Swift Chimera" once per turn. If you control a monster that is owned by your opponent, this card cannot be targeted for attacks. 

[spoiler=Details]

Card retrained: "Fusionist".

I'm not sure either what made me choose this card. Probably because its a curious individual: Only 100+ ATK from one of its original materials with no extra effect, its name being "Fusionist" makes me think its probably one of the first fusions made (or the first?), and being a non-sensical card overall intrigued me (maybe they thought the concept of Fusions was OP?).

Anyway, I couldn't just let it have its original materials without retraining them as well (I considered it), so changed it to Fairy + Beast (to clarify, its original materials were "Petit Angel" + "Mystical Sheep #2"). I know that making it contact Fusion would make it more viable, but I dislike contact fusion overall (except in archetypes) and I made it a little stronger to hopefully be worth a fusion card. Aside from the fact that Fairy + Beast decks doesn't exist yet (can only think of Madolche), I believe the card could be worth summoning if you are able to. Of course running a deck with it as the main monster may be unwise, but in a deck where you want to fusion, and you happen to have a couple fairies and beasts, it could be worth having 1-2 copies of this in your ED (if such deck ever comes to exist - or just make madolche fusions?).

Its effects make it so the simplest way to destroy it is by attacking it with 3 different monsters with 1000+ ATK in the same Battle Phase, while sacrificing one (the first to attack changes control, the 2nd destroys the betrayer, the 3rd destroys this card). Which although it isn't that hard to accomplish (may be for some decks or in certain situations), it makes the card a decent threat since it forces your opponent to adapt their playstyle a bit (and at least lose 1 monster). Its also decent for attacking since you should be able to defeat a monster your opp controls each Battle Phase or doing some direct damage. Also, this combed with lock strategies ("Kaiser Colosseum" for instance), should create a hard time to pass by.

Clarifying on why I choose such effects: "Petit Angel" lore says it is "a quick-moving and tiny fairy that's very hard to hit", and "Mystical Sheep #2" says it has a "long tail for hypnotizing enemies". So the conclusion was logic: A creature that hypnotizes monsters (takes control) and that is hard to hit (can't be targeted, can't be attacked in certain circumstances).

All in all, I also don't think its very practical to summon (yet), but should compensate most of the time.

[spoiler=Card: Sanwitch]

q7BopGw.jpg

Effect: 1 Fiend-Type monster + 1 DARK monster

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by Tributing the above cards you control (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once, while this card is face-up on the field, during your Main Phase: If your opponent has more total cards in their hand and their side of the field than you do; you can destroy up to 3 cards on the field. You can only control 1 face-up "Sanwitch the Fugitive".

[spoiler=Design Notes]Art is by me, not as vibrant and detailed as usual because I didn't want to miss the deadline. Going to be busy this week. However it's suppose to illustrate the next chapter in Sangan's Lore(As seen in "Tour Bus From the Underworld", "Tour Bus To Forbidden Realms", "Mistake", "Shared Ride", "Mistaken Arrest", and "Mistaken Accusation".) which involves him fusing with his cellmate, Witch of the Black Forest, and escaping the Underworld distraught.

Effect-wise I wanted to make a generally useful card that's easy to summon. Reqs are simple, real easy to do in Fiend-Type decks like DDDs and Darkworlds. Effect is generally useful, getting rid of many problem cards, if summoned. To balance its easy reqs and powerful effect, I've stated that you can only have 1 on the field, even though its effect can only be activated once while on the field.

You could've used the original art for Sanwitch, and I wouldn't mind.

Remember that I don't expect you guys to draw your own artwork if not able to.

But anyway, you're in.

----

Though, from this post, you have about 12 hours remaining (those of you who haven't submitted a card or plan on entering)

Mathematical Android

Level 5/DARK/Psychic/Tuner/Effect

ATK 1700/DEF 2400

If you gain LP by the effect a Psychic-Type monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then gain LP equal to the LP you gained by that effect, then destroy 1 Psychic-Type monster you control. You can only use this effect of "Mathematical Android" once per turn.

A retrain of Magical Android. The name, ATK and DEF and Attribute are supposed to be opposites of Magical Android's. The main purpose of this card is to be an easy to summon Level 5 Tuner for Psychic decks; not only can you use its own effect, but it can also be searched by Serene Psychic Witch. The destruction effect can be useful by destroying your own Serene Psychic Witch, Silent Psychic Wizard, or even Hyper Psychic Blaster/Assault Mode. Alternatively you can use its effect then destroy itself for easy LP gain.

EDIT: Added ATK and DEF and Attribute

dnwIEVr.jpg

When a Plant-Type monster is Summoned, Trap Cards cannot be activated. If a Plant-Type monster you control would be targeted for an attack: You can target 1 other Plant-Type monster you control; it becomes the new attack target. You can only use this effect of "Jerry Beans Knight" once per turn. If this card is destroyed (by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Plant-Type monster from your Graveyard, except "Jerry Beans Knight".

Archived