Photo

[Written] Dystopian/Number I (Infected Number): Different take on Numbers! (17/?)

- - - - - dystopia number i infected number xyz number written

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
    Last Visit Jan 17 2019 08:36 PM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova
Had this idea a while ago: What if there was a Dark/Evil counterpart to the Utopia Archetype? It eventually evolved into this: Different numbers, different form of an Xyz Deck. Art was naturally difficult to find: Any art anyone could find to fit would be helpful. Thought this deck might be interesting; Hope you like it!

Main Deck Monsters (4):

Spells/Traps (3):

Xyz Monsters (11):

Working on other cards, mostly Extra Deck monsters, because of how splashable they are. This deck is intended to not be run pure. Please tell me what you think ^^

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
Bump.

~Faytl~

~Faytl~

I remain resolutely unimpressed.

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
    Last Visit Dec 28 2018 11:47 PM

I like the main deck cards, but the Extra Deck requires a VERY weird variety of diversity that I don't see working outside of some Gagaga variant or maybe Galaxy, and Galaxy doesn't really need anything outside it's own Xyz to function, as well as CDI. Maybe relax the summon restrictions, like remove type?

Swarm also seems REALLY strong, as you can give your opponent two super weak monsters in attack mode for huge damage. 

I do very much like how these are anti-Xyz without actually RELYING on your opponent using Xyz Monsters, as you can just use beater Xyz of your own. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

MST negates
Me when people ask me to review their cards
Me when people don't review my cards
TOP SECRET: ESPECIALLY FOR ZAI AND YUI

cardgameking

cardgameking

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
    Last Visit Aug 29 2016 03:31 PM
These are real cool and seem fun to play. They remind me a bit of Meklords, but not reliant on what your opponent plays. One problem I can see is that you can just attach the main deck monsters to acide golem of destruction for a very powerful, easily summoned rank 3. All in all though, this is much more fun looking then a lot of Xyz based archetypes and I like the number I monsters.

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts

I like the main deck cards, but the Extra Deck requires a VERY weird variety of diversity that I don't see working outside of some Gagaga variant or maybe Galaxy, and Galaxy doesn't really need anything outside it's own Xyz to function, as well as CDI. Maybe relax the summon restrictions, like remove type?

Swarm also seems REALLY strong, as you can give your opponent two super weak monsters in attack mode for huge damage. 

I do very much like how these are anti-Xyz without actually RELYING on your opponent using Xyz Monsters, as you can just use beater Xyz of your own.

Thanks! It really changed as I worked it, and I am really happy with how it turned out. As for the type-reliant restrictions, I felt it might be too easy to get out, but then again, not everyone will be running Dystopians. You think that would balance it out?

These are real cool and seem fun to play. They remind me a bit of Meklords, but not reliant on what your opponent plays. One problem I can see is that you can just attach the main deck monsters to acide golem of destruction for a very powerful, easily summoned rank 3. All in all though, this is much more fun looking then a lot of Xyz based archetypes and I like the number I monsters.

Ah yes, Acid Golem of Destruction and Crazy Box. I personally think it's alright, considering Crazy Box isn't that popular of an Xyz and Acid Golem requires Rank 3.dek, and I don't see a deck that could run that with more than a few Dystopians. Thanks for the comment!

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
Bump.

cardgameking

cardgameking

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Just saying, my main concern with Acid Golem and co. is that there is no limit to how many Dystopian monsters you can attach. With a good hand, you could make him, then attach two (or even more) more Corruptors for a 4600 atk beatstick. Still I stick to my previous comment of really liking these.

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts

Just saying, my main concern with Acid Golem and co. is that there is no limit to how many Dystopian monsters you can attach. With a good hand, you could make him, then attach two (or even more) more Corruptors for a 4600 atk beatstick. Still I stick to my previous comment of really liking these.

Ah, I see what you mean. I have a couple of methods to deal with this:
- Make only 1 Dystopian per monster.
- Give them all Hard OPT
- Make it so that the effect doesn't stack.

What do you suggest?

cardgameking

cardgameking

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
Hum.. Maybe only have one of eahc one per monster? So you can attach am infector and a destroyer, but not two destroyers. By the way, how are you coming up with number I monsters? In most, they seem evil versions of existing numbers, bar I101, who seems like a good version?

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts

Hum.. Maybe only have one of eahc one per monster? So you can attach am infector and a destroyer, but not two destroyers. By the way, how are you coming up with number I monsters? In most, they seem evil versions of existing numbers, bar I101, who seems like a good version?

Thought I had edited 101. Fixed, add 1 Extra Deck and one main deck monster. I mostly just see what comes to mind when I think of that monster.

Also, with the attaching, if you attach another Xyz material, it will be negated by the effect of the original Dystopian attached, so only one is activate at a time.

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
Bump. Added Number I16.

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
Bump. Added Number I61.

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
Bump.

cardgameking

cardgameking

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
Number 61 is volcanosaurus, if I remember right. Yet how come you must detach from a rank four rock-type?

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts

Number 61 is volcanosaurus, if I remember right. Yet how come you must detach from a rank four rock-type?

Welp, thanks for that. Fixed, and added I81.

cardgameking

cardgameking

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Oh, wow, would NOT like to face I81. Trains bring this guy out easy, and teching a couple of these guys into a train deck may not be the craziest ide ever.... But still, as always, positive feeling about this archetype all round. 

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
Nerfed it a little. Added Number I91: Spark Destroyer.

cardgameking

cardgameking

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
Hum this is more me nitpicking here... But Number I81 had Chaos in its name... And isn't a Number C monster... Just a bit confusing that is all. Anyway, like Number I91. Just wondering, will we ever see a number CI monster? Or an actual Dystopia Xyz monster (we've got Utopian Vice, but does he really count?)

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts

Hum this is more me nitpicking here... But Number I81 had Chaos in its name... And isn't a Number C monster... Just a bit confusing that is all. Anyway, like Number I91. Just wondering, will we ever see a number CI monster? Or an actual Dystopia Xyz monster (we've got Utopian Vice, but does he really count?)

Changing Number I81's name a little. I want to do a CI number once I've done a Number I monster for every 10 numbers. What do you mean about an "Actual Dystopia Xyz Monster?"

cardgameking

cardgameking

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

What do you mean about an "Actual Dystopia Xyz Monster?"

An xyz monster with 'Dystopia'
in the name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users