[Finished][FINISHED] Dova's Competitions #1: Normal Monster Support

Dova

But... Beast of Talwar is an Archfiend, and it already has support from the Archfiend stuff.

Welp, sorry, Tyretian's right.

[spoiler=Archetypes you can't Support]Archfiend (This includes cards which are treated as Archfiend cards)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how would I know Beast of Talwar was an Archfiend card? I never touched Archfiend stuff! Fine, I'll just support Nekogal #1 then... Fine with her?

I'm assuming this silence means yes:

9uxFMDx.jpg

Nekogal #0

level 4

Earth/Beast-Warrior/Effect

Once per turn, if this is the only "Nekogal" monster you control, you can tribute this monster, special summon 1 "Nekogal #1" and 1 "Nekogal #2" from your hand or deck. While this card is in the graveyard, "Nekogal" monsters you control gain 100 ATK x their current level.

Does it have to support a specific Normal Monster or can it be general Normal Monster support?

Specific Normal Monster(s). Can be a single monster, or an archetype (See Below) 

how would I know Beast of Talwar was an Archfiend card? I never touched Archfiend stuff! Fine, I'll just support Nekogal #1 then... Fine with her?

I'm assuming this silence means yes:

9uxFMDx.jpg

Nekogal #0

level 4

Earth/Beast-Warrior/Effect

Once per turn, if this is the only "Nekogal" monster you control, you can tribute this monster, special summon 1 "Nekogal #1" and 1 "Nekogal #2" from your hand or deck. While this card is in the graveyard, "Nekogal" monsters you control gain 100 ATK x their current level.

This is what I'm talking about. Accepted!

I'm in, as well.

Magnet Warrior Delta

Level 4 / EARTH

Machine / Effect

When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Magnet Warrior" monster from your Deck to your hand, then send 1 "Magnet Warrior" monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, this card's name becomes the sent monster's name, until the End Phase. During either players turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; "Valkyrion the Magna Warrior" you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponents cards (either by battle or by card effects).

1800 / 1700

Decided on something relatively simple
----

Tiger Soul *4
Beast | EARTH | Effect | Union
2100 | 0
-----
This card cannot attack. If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Soul Tiger" from your hand or Graveyard. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Soul Tiger" you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. While equipped by this effect, that monster cannot be targeted, also it cannot be destroyed by battle. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by a card effect, destroy this card instead.)

[spoiler=Card Design]

At first I wanted to do the -Tsu series, but then I decided to keep things simple and choose a typical Union / Normal Monster relationship. Soul Tiger was one that caught my eye as it appeared to be made for the only purpose of being a wall. Staying true to this concept, I decided to make a Union counterpart that can summon it easily for a Rank 4, or to equip onto it, making it an effective wall.

Can I enter?

Sure, welcome!

Is Gazelle, King of the Mythical Beasts allowed?

Eh.....SCREW OCG NAMES. To be honest, I want to allow it, because it was never intended to be part of that archetype, and technically it's not supported, because it has nothing to do with the archetype and the archetype doesn't really deal with the normal monster, however, if other contestants think I should hammer down here, I'll have to. The other participants choice, here.

This is harder than I thought it would be.

Other entries noted.

Harpies appear to be missing from the list. Despite having countless other monsters that take her name, Harpie Lady should qualify.

Anyway, contest entry:

[spoiler Card]kozacorrupt.png

When you Summon a "Gagagigo" monster, or if this card is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of a "Gagagigo" monster: Draw 1 card. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 "Gagagigo" monster with a Level; Special Summon 1 "Gagagigo" monster from your hand whose Level is higher than that of the Tributed monster's. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, and 2 other "Kozaky's Corruption" from your hand or Graveyard, then target 1 "Gagagigo" monster you control or in your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Gagagigo the Risen" from your Extra Deck, then attach that target to it as Xyz Material.

[spoiler Design Notes]After flipping through and eliminating a lot of monsters I would like to design around, I chanced upon Gagagigo, and thought of something that would support the entire series from standard Gagagigo to Gogiga Gagagigo. Gigobyte and Jigabyte don't get affected, by the way, because they would just make my card text longer than necessary.

The original draft acted as a foil to original Gagagigo as a FIRE Reptile, until I realized that "evolving" Gagagigo involved starting him on his path to darkness. Flipping through his rather long backstory, and this card ended up as a manifestation of Kozaky's influence on Gagagigo. The final effect requires you to banish a whole lot of Kozaky's Corruption to pull out Gagagigo the Risen, representing Gagagigo purging the darkness from his heart after a long journey (and years of breadcrumb-style storytelling). As an added bonus you get to "redeem" any of the advanced Gagagigos that way, even the fallen ones.

BAM here it is

[spoiler=Armor Tailor]

Armor Tailor

Level 4/ EARTH

Warrior/ Effect

Once per turn, if you control an "rmor" Normal Monster(s): You can target 1 "rmor" Normal Monster you control; all other "rmor" monsters you control become its Level until the end of this turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: you can Special Summon 1 "rmor" Normal Monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only use 1 "Armor Tailor" effect each turn, and only once that turn.

1400 ATK/ 1900 DEF

[spoiler=Explanation]

Well, for the express purpose of because I said so, rmor needs love. Also the reason why I used rmor instead of Armor: Eyearmor. I figured I might as well give them access to rank 2s as well. 

Basically this card is for making something out of nothing. It makes any rmor monster an instant Xyz, and when the tailor is tossed aside, it can lead into a setup/ beatstick in the case of Metal Armored Bug. Speaking of, this card grants access to a wonderful amount of Xyz for these normal monsters. We have ranks 2, 3, 4, and 8 all covered. Yay! Also, this is searchable by RotA if that matters. 

[spoiler=Submission'']

2hcoolk.jpg

King Bunilla

EARTH/Level 1

Beast/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can send 1 "Carrot" monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can Tribute this card: Special Summon as many as "Bunilla" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 1 "Carrot" monster from your Graveyard; add this card to your hand. You can only use 1 effect of "King Bunilla" per turn, and only once that turn.

2050/150

[spoiler=Short story'']

Bunilla when his quest reached at its end. Has found the most sweetest carrots from travelling all over the world, in doing so, he's crowned by his fellow Bunilla as a King. Of course, as a King, ruler of all carrots, able to call as many Bunilla as possible by sending a carrot he found on his journey. Also by consuming (banishing) carrot, he can recover his strength back!

Oh wow... Party's and Trebuchet's cards make mine look like a failed attempt ;.; But I have nothing to do since, as far as I know at least, Nekogal doesn't have that much of a backstory. (Might need to check just to make sure)

She doesn't, but why stop there. Anyhow, I'm mainly just commenting on the card, so yours is still good ^^

Harpies appear to be missing from the list. Despite having countless other monsters that take her name, Harpie Lady should qualify.

Added, thanks. 

I'd like to enter this contest. I know the perfect monster!

Welcome! Go ahead.

Gazelle is probably a tricky case, since it also has its own support that are also technically part of Phantom Beasts (Berfomet and Chimera) Looking at the specifics, Chimera can support Berfomet, an effect monster, so I guess it's not allowed.

Yeah, probably. Are you entering, by the way?

[spoiler=My Entry]

4wd6hvt.png

Knight of Millennium

DARK

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 5 Warrior-Type monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can equip 1 "Millennium Shield" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard to this card. While this card is equipped with "Millennium Shield", it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. During either player's turn while this card is equipped with "Millennium Shield", when a card or effect is activated that targets exactly 1 card (and no other cards): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.
ATK/2750 DEF/0

My submission

[spoiler=Card entry]

The First Pharaoh

DARK - lvl 2 - Zombie/Effect - 1000 atk 0 def

You can special summon this card from your hand or graveyard of the only monster(s) you control are "Pharaoh's Servant". Your opponent cannot target this card with attacks or card effects while you control a face-up "Pharaoh's Servant". All "Pharaoh's Servant" monsters you control gain 900 attack for each "Pharaoh Servant's" face up on the field. When a "Pharaoh" monster you control inflicts damage to your opponent, special summon one "Pharaoh's Servant from your deck, graveyard, hand or bansihed zone. You can only control one "The First Pharaoh".

Archived