• Created
  • Last Reply

Tah Dah!

Here's my entry:

[spoiler=The Fusion Invasion is near]

bH25VsM.jpg

Level 4 - DARK - Fiend/Fusion/Effect - 0/0

1 "Fiend Reflection" monster + 1 Special Summoned monster
Must be Special Summoned by sending the above cards from either side of the field to the Graveyard (You do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can only Special Summon 1 "Fiend Mirror Prison" per turn this way. This card's name and original effect become the same of the monster used as Fusion Material that was not a "Fiend Reflection" monster. If this card leaves the field, Special Summon the monsters used as Fusion Materials to their original sides of the field in the same battle position they were in when this card was Summoned. While this card is in your Graveyard, if your opponent controls a Special Summoned monster and you control no monsters, you can return this card to the Extra Deck, then Special Summon 1 "Fiend Reflection" monster from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Fiend Mirror Prison" once per turn.

[spoiler=Invasion Plan]

The supported Normal monsters are "Fiend Reflection #1" and "Fiend Reflection #2".

This card plays around with the most obvious theme they have: "Imprisoning" monsters.

I decided to go with imprisoned as having the Name and effect but no stats (like they are "restrained").

The fact it returns the monsters when leaves the field is a representation of the mirror breaking, which releases the prisoner.

I thought it would be potentially problematic to not include the above (specially since the requirement is just a "Special Summoned monster"), to balance this out, the card is quite reusable (you could summon it multiple times in a duel with a single copy).

The main purpose of it is to temporally "restrain" a monster, specially one hard to pass by or maybe one with a desirable effect.

As the card is, it creates interesting scenarios where your opponent can play around it to try getting their monster back, while you use your resources to keep it on the field, and even if you lose it, you can reuse it again later (if circumstances are met).

The card can also be potentially used to do some plays using your own monsters (I can't think of one right now, but there probably are).

Of course, you can only special summon 1 of these per turn otherwise it could get dumb.

(Ignore the spoilers names, its just a joke about how much Fusions I have been doing lately. I regret nothing.)

All hail the Professor

(Ignore the spoilers names, its just a joke about how much Fusions I have been doing lately. I regret nothing.)

All hail the Professor

Must....not...bias...

FUSION MASTER RACEEEEEEEEE

Okay I'm done. Accepted.

I noticed there were a few "Tiger" Normal monsters...

...so I've made them into a series by giving them a support card :)

Tiger Tamer

mWG2AOH.jpg

Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Tiger" Normal Monster from your Hand or Graveyard. All "Tiger" Normal Monsters gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, you can make this card lose 500 ATK to increase or decrease the level of a "Tiger" Normal Monster you control by 1. This card's effects cannot be applied to "V-Tiger Jet".

The level-changing bit is because it's a tuner and therefore can change the level of the other material to be able to summon a wider range of synchros. Also the other tigers, except "The-All Seeing White Tiger" are level 4, so Rank 4 Xyz are possible with them or by increasing "The-All Seeing White Tiger"'s level.

Also, the artwork is something I came up with in one evening, not a great piece really (try not to focus on it, I know it's rubbish)

One last thing, can I enter more than once? I'd like to give it another go because this is fun :)

Edit: I've recently noticed that this card also supports V-Tiger Jet, so I'm editing the effect to exclude it. I know I've worded it a bit weird, but I didn't want to say "V-Tiger Jet" three times. Also added the bit about Xyz (in the text above).

Accepted.

One last thing, can I enter more than once? I'd like to give it another go because this is fun :)

Sorry, I don't think so. I mean, it would be nice, but to give everyone a fair shot its one card per entrant.

oh FFS XD, why do people always manage to beat my card to a pulp EVERY SINGLE TIME??? ;.; God dangit. Also, how do people use those list things? Like what everyone (except me cuz I'm a noob ;.;) uses?

List things? Do you mean spoilers? Because here's how you do it:

[spoiler=Spoiler Name]text inside
[/spoiler]

Gives you:

[spoiler=Spoiler Name]text inside

Ancient Sorceress

Level 4/DARK/Spellcaster/Effect

1500/1000

When this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Ancient Sorcerer" from your Deck. During your Main Phase: You can target 1 other Level 4 or lower DARK monster you control; shuffle it into your Deck, and if you do, Special Summon 1 other DARK monster from your Deck with the same Level as the target. If this card is destroyed (by battle or by card effect): You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Sorcerer

*Gives up on art search, steals the Hawk Bishop format and submits written card despite not liking them*

[spoiler=Card]

Illusionist Faceless Archmage

DARK

[spellcaster/Fusion/Effect]

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

ATK/2400 DEF/4400

"Illusionist Faceless Mage" + 1 monster

When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can send the above listed materials from your hand and/or either side of the field to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card. When another monster you control is targeted for an attack: Set as many cards as possible from your field to your monster card zones and shuffle them, then your opponent targets one of them and reveals it. If the revealed card is the same as the original attack target, banish it and take damage equal to its ATK or DEF on the field (whichever is lower). If not, return the attacking monster to the hand and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK or DEF on the field (whichever is higher). Then, return all cards affected to their original positions. When this card leaves the field: Special Summon 1 "Illusionist Faceless Mage" from your hand or Graveyard. It cannot be targeted for attacks this turn.

[spoiler=Banter pertaining to the card]Well firstly and obviously the card that this is for is Illusionist Faceless Mage, a card I was reminded of by the misc. thread about a monster of your level. I was surprised there had been no retrain of this or anything about it, and then realised I still had nothing for this contest, so it fell together.

Anyway, the basic things about the card before its effect are that all its stats are just OG Mage doubled. Its level 10 compared to 5, 2400 ATK compared to 1200, and 4400 defence as to 2200. Now, regarding the effect, it's based off of Mage's card lore: "Manipluates enemy attacks with the power of illusion". Originally was going to have it Magic Cylinder the attacker instead of bounce but that felt like too insignificant an effect.

The Magical Hats kind of thing felt suitable for a manifestation of the use of illusion as much as the game mechanics allow for. The idea is you throw everything down, so with 4 your opponent has a 25% chance of hitting which is reasonable but still in your favour. Using monsters from either side of the field as the material was to make it so that OG Mage has a pseudo-effect now where he also manipulates enemy attacks by making both him and presumably the attacking monster disappear.

Float is more an afterthought, but it sets up for going into another of these if the circumstances allow, and also not being able to target it for attacks will make them have to waste a Castel/Raigeki, or just leave it there, where you can utilise it, so it brings in some mind games. Feel like there's one more thing I'm forgetting, will edit it in if it comes to me.

Ah yes, this itself is also removal bait because they're not going to want to attack you if you have enough cards to make it a risk, so you get a kind of block.

So, my card:

Architect of the Impenetrable Labyrinth

Level 1

EARTH/Beast-Warrior/Effect

ATK 0/DEF 300

If a monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can banish this card from your field or Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Labyrinth Wall" from your hand or Deck, and if you do, change the attack target to that card and proceed to damage calculation. During either player's turn: You discard this card, then target 1 "Labyrinth Wall" you control; until the end of your next turn, that monster cannot be destroyed by card effects, also negate any card effects that targeted that card at activation, except "Magical Labyrinth".

Running this card and Labyrinth Wall could provide an interesting defensive 'engine' for some decks, because while this card is in your Graveyard or on your field your opponent is at risk of having their attack stopped and taking some battle damage whenever they attack with a monster with less than 3000 ATK, and even against monsters with more than 3000 ATK you can still use it to draw away attacks form your weaker monsters. For a deck with monsters you want to protect, or that is able to make use of a free Level 5 (either as Xyz or Synchro or Tribute fodder) this could be quite useful.

The discard effect gives your Labyrinth Wall some strong, yet temporary protection, which assists in stalling as well as making it less of a dead-draw.

Beast-Warrior allows it to be searched by Tenki and Level 1 gives it One for One.

Archived