The Cutest OTK Archetype Ever (Frightfur)

Dova

c412807c9e.jpg

[spoiler=Monsters:]Fluffal Dog x3

King of the Swamp x3

Edge Imp Chain x3

Edge Imp Sabres x2

Fluffal Bear x2

Fluffal Wings x2

Fluffal Owl x2

Fluffal Sheep x2

Fluffal Cat x1

Fluffal Rabbit x1

[spoiler=Spells:]Polymerization x3

Toy Vendor x3

Twister x3

Frightfur Fusion x2

Galaxy Cyclone x2

Fusion Recovery x2

Frightfur Factory x1

Instant Fusion x1

Raigeki x1

[spoiler=Traps:]Phoenix Wing Blast x1

Frightfur March x1

[spoiler=Extra Deck:]Frightfur Sabre Tooth x3

Frightfur Tiger x3

Frightfur Sheep x3

Frightfur Wolf x2

Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon x1

Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer x1

Silent Honor ARK x1

Leviair the Sea Dragon x1

FUSION MASTER RAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wasn't sure about Twister and Cyclone, but since this deck is discard heavy, I decided to try it anyway. Worked out fine, really happy with both. Ignore the side deck, I'm still working on that. I basically just throw in random generic sides, and see what I have to take out and put in afterwards.

-1 Fluffal Cat & Rabbit (Their effects are minuscule in comparison to cards that + better like Fluffal Wing, Recovery, and Vendor)

-2 Galaxy Cyclone (Too slow this format. You don't have efficient ways to mill this card except by Vendor. Sticking to Twisters will help punish Pendulums and Vanity quicker and better, and will even pop your Vendor)

-1 Phoenix Wing Blast (Too slow of a setup. Discard traps are no good in Fluffals cause you cannot afford to minus anything except by Vendor. The topdeck eff seems pretty minimal in damage anyway)

-1 Frightfur March (Situational. Might be a powerful eff but is not needed)

-1-2 Frightfur Sabre Tiger

-1 Frightfur Wolf

-1 Frightfur Sheep

-1 DRXD (Pretty much an ineffectual card all around. Frightfurs can boost your power more efficiently and all around. You should have no problem with getting big beaters)

-1 Zenmaines (Good defensive card but could be replaced with better techs)

+1 Fluffal Bear (Sets up your plays faster. The sooner you get Vendor, the sooner you can use its eff to dump Wings or Special a Fluffal)

+3 Fluffal Mouse (Frightfur food. It might be a bit clunky but is worth it for wiping out a lot of cards since people have lots of cards on their field nowadays)

+1 Foolish Burial (Mills Wings, and Scissors. Can also fodder for Frightfur Fusion.

+1 Frightfur Fusion (This is a fantastic card that needs to be @3 to extend your plays past Poly and Fusion with more leniency)

+3 Upstart Goblin (A personal tech, but it speeds you up and filters your deck)

+1 Norden (Insta Rank 4 if you're running Insta-Fuse. Gives you access to your R4nk toolbox if your Frightfurs cannot solve the problem)

+0-1 Frightfur Bear (Might be useful in some areas. Haven't summoned him but has potential)

+1 Frightfur Leo (Pair with King of the Swamps to get him. He's your alt win condition if you knock your opp's life low enough)

+1 Abyss Dweller (Gets rid of nuisances like Yang Zings and BA out of your way. Makes Tiger pops a lot easier. Awesome with Norden)

+1 Ptolemys M7/Photon Strike Bounzer (You can make either with Wolf + Tiger, but I advise you run only 1 of either)

+0-1 Leviair (Optional, but it recovers a banished Fluffal like Bear or Owl)

Here are suggestions I made. In general, focus more on speed and consistency. You'll get better results if you focus on getting your resources quickly so you can punish an established field.

The funny thing is that the original version of the deck was extremely similar to that. That was what people were playing, so I decided to use that and see where I got. The result? I dead drew so many freaking times (The only differences were 1 less Bear, no upstarts, zenamines instead of Levaiar, and Cyclone instead of Twisters because this was before twister), the deck was extremely inconsistent the way I played it. These changes were made over a long period of time, and the current version seemed to do much better.

But then again, maybe it just depends on how you play it. I just felt the version I got to was faster and less clunky. Thank you for the advice though, I will definitely be looking over it again.

EDIT: Also, Galaxy is there to be a + when you discard it.

Fluffal Cat is worth keeping. It lets you summon multiple times in a turn without needing to ditch a Swamp King or use Frightfur Fusion, and the amount of salt you can generate when your opponent sees you retrieve and still use that Poly is great.

Fusion Reserve is a great option to consider using over Fusion Recovery (and Conscription if you're thinking about using that). It's a turn slower, but grabs something out of the deck in addition to getting back a spent Poly. If you decide to use Reserve, you could also consider running a single copy of Freddy Fazbear Frightfur Bear to be able to grab Fluffal Bear.

I'd also recommend against using the Mice. The deck space they take up can be used for other things to help yourself out, and the deck can usually rack up enough hand advantage to have enough monsters to use for multiple Fusion Summons.

Honestly I think you could drop G-Cyclone altogether and run a third twister and a second FrightFactory. Being able to extend your combos is a big deal in the deck. Also, a third bear could do, since Vendor is godlike and opening as many copies of it as possible is never bad. Also, I think March is a tad overrated.

I take your point. Swapping out that Galaxy Cyclone. March is not too powerful, I know, but I only use if I can't OTK my opponent, it makes a nice backup.

Fluffal Cat is worth keeping. It lets you summon multiple times in a turn without needing to ditch a Swamp King or use Frightfur Fusion, and the amount of salt you can generate when your opponent sees you retrieve and still use that Poly is great.

Fusion Reserve is a great option to consider using over Fusion Recovery (and Conscription if you're thinking about using that). It's a turn slower, but grabs something out of the deck in addition to getting back a spent Poly. If you decide to use Reserve, you could also consider running a single copy of Freddy Fazbear Frightfur Bear to be able to grab Fluffal Bear.

I'd also recommend against using the Mice. The deck space they take up can be used for other things to help yourself out, and the deck can usually rack up enough hand advantage to have enough monsters to use for multiple Fusion Summons.

I played a bit swapping between Reserve and Recovery, but I felt the latter was more useful in field spams and OTKs, especially with Sabre. But yes, if I used Reserve, I would run Bear.

Archived