Darj

Dj69o3y.jpg

Astral Knight
Attribute: LIGHT
Type: Warrior/Effect
Level: 4
ATK: 1500
DEF: 1000
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned, except by its own effect: You can add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can target 1 face-up Defense Position monster you control that has a Level, except this card; this card's Level becomes that monster's current Level, until the end of this turn. If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish 1 "Number" Xyz Monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card in Defense Position, but banish it when it leaves the field or is detached from an Xyz Monster. You cannot Special Summon any other monsters, except "Number" monsters, during the turn you activate this effect. You can only use each effect of "Astral Knight" once per turn.

First, it has an on-Summon RUM searcher, which in my opinion it's something RUMs badly need.

Then, the Level modulation effect is intended to unbind the card from Rank 4 Xyz Summons.

Finally, the Self-Summoning effect encourages the player to Summon Number monsters, and rewards him/her for doing so.

It's searchable by ROtA, Shining Angel, etc.

Trivia: It has 1000 less ATK and DEF than "Number 39: Utopia". Also I looked for an artwork that hinted a relationship to Astral in one way or another; with its  blue-colored theme and glows, I think this should be close enough.

Thoughts?

Great Card. Raidraptor come to mind first though, but it's not like this breaks them or anything. Wouldn't even run it in RRs tbh. Now my Plaguespreader/7th One combos feel sexy. Cards like Barian's and Numeron Force can be reused, which is cool. Sometimes Astral Force doesn't cut it depending on the deck, or this could be a nice to get that and your draw. I use a couple of non-tellarknight Xyz Warrior Decks, so this is a cool card for that, but I'd really use this card for the second effect. Level Modulation is always sexy. Third effect seems fair. At first I was iffy on the banished if detached part, but because you can use each effect opt and not 1 effect per turn, I'm okay with that.

Very interesting, considering it can be used for about any rank, while searching RUMs, not to mention the revival effect ... flavor-wise it is also quite interesting. Funnily enough RR would not be able to utilize it all that much ... Pendulum decks could utilize it, but would have to invest some time for it. Also the banish-clause if deteached is interesting to say the least. 10/10

Archived