Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

YCM Official Creative Writing Club

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

Raine

Raine

Two Milkman, Go Comedy

• Advanced Members
  • 2,206 posts
    Last Visit Nov 09 2016 06:56 PM
  • Spouse:Ain (TechGenusMaster)

YCM Official Creative Writing Club

Club Mantra

YCM is a wonderful hellscape, the wild west of the least threatening souls who have ever graced this Earth. It’s natural that a good number of us would be interested in writing, in fact, I know creative writing is a particular interest among us. So I thought to myself, ‘Hey, Raine. You should make a club so the discontinous nonsense of literature can meet the sense of community we fostered'… well, not so much fostered as bred, but same difference. So alas, here is the fruits of my efforts, a club where we can all write and review each other for the hopes that maybe we get better at writing and have a decent community for our writers.
The club will consist of a community to write and read our local works, I’m committed to developing weekly challenges, contests, or submissions on a volunteer basis to motivate club members, just an FYI.

I've been asked to remind members that this club is a give-and-take relationship. If you submit works, you are also asked to take an appropriate time to review at least one of someone else's. I don't think that's a lot ask since reading, and giving feedback isn't all that hard. As host, I will pick up the slack but members also need to be willing to be members, this is just for future notice.

Here are preferred submission methods:

1. Members please copy and paste and write your stories in Google Docs and submit a share URL link with permission to view-only. This will keep the club forum clean and easy to archive in the first post.

2. If members have difficulty doing so, or are for whatever reason unable to do so, submitting your creative writing in typical YCM fashion of a spoiler will also be acceptable.

Rules

Generic rules:
• All YCM Rules apply and they can be found here: http://forum.yugiohc...e-rules-of-ycm/.
• By being a member of the club, while doing club business you are to be respectable to other members and any unreasonably comments or flaming towards others will not be tolerated.
• The Rules may change, but who can know such things, I’m not psychic!
• Be good!
Application

Application:
Username:
What you want to be called:
What are your primary interests in writing:
What do you like most about creative writing:
Members

Raine "the Benevolent"

CowCow "McBeefTenderloin"

Mitch "Offical Mitcher of NASCAR"

Birdie "Peacock of YCM" 

Mako "the Younger"

Matt "the Elder"

Aix "Supreme Chancellor, Majority Speaker of the 37th Reichstag Congress"

Tythe "He who hunts Mythical Creatures for their meat"

Zai "Resident Liaison with the Robot Empire in the Sky"

Dova "the Plumber/ start-up DJ"

James Muddy "Guy who tracks mud in the house, no matter how many times we ask him not to."

Car Guy "The Mechanic... hopefully"

Yui "The one you crawl to and crash on their couch"

Black "Brother Killer"

Kate "The Sassy Black Woman"

Mugen "WARNING: LOW GAS! REFUEL AT SOONEST OPPORTUNITY!"

British "Not British"

Nai "The Temptress, well, not so much temptress as bish"

Cosmo "Husband of Wanda"

"Mid" Night, or "Big Papa, because he loves it when we call him Big Papa"

Current Events

Ends every Sunday, if you can't make that let me know and you can skip or get a deadline push.

Week 0: The first week I want everyone to just try this comfortable, and understand the concept. The assignment is to make a short-story based on a song, music, or BGM of your choosing as a theme. There is no page length requirement but please no 40+ page novelettes. 

tumblr_ob1wayK2Fx1rn2chmo1_540.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Moderators
  • 11,408 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Course I'm in.

Username: Lord CowCow
What you want to be called: Whatever is easiest.
What are your primary interests in writing: Fantasy, short silliness, attempts at romance. And fight scenes.
Why do you like most about creative writing: That I can explore entire worlds and personalities that I normally wouldn't be able to do. That I can find a place for the characters in my mind.

8PBUpdp.gif

Hachimitcher-Lemon

Hachimitcher-Lemon

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,237 posts
    Last Visit Sep 19 2018 09:24 PM
  • Alias:Mitcher

Oh hey I remember when something like this was a thing and then died.

Application:
Username: Is the Order a Mitcher
What you want to be called: mitch or something along those lines, i dont really care
What are your primary interests in writing: i prefer prose over poetry i guess
Why do you like most about creative writing: Escapism. And I enjoy other fictional works and I want to make something I myself can enjoy even more.

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Kazooie

Kazooie

Beep Beep I'm a Cheep

• Bird
  • 2,686 posts
    Last Visit Sep 23 2018 08:29 PM
  • Discord:Kazooie#4258
  • Alias:Birdie
  • Spouse:Black & Melody
Application: Birb

Username: Sardonyx

What you want to be called: Sardonyx, Birdie, Aubrey

What are your primary interests in writing: Characters, I love characters. When it comes to genre, I suppose fantasy is the one I stick to the most.

Why do you like most about creative writing: Math, obviously. :'o for serious, I love exploring the character' s mindsets more than anything. what makes them do what they do and stuff like that.

Posted Image

Makο

Makο

109th

• Senior Members
  • 7,168 posts
    Last Visit Jul 17 2018 03:13 AM
  • Discord:Mako#0109

Username: Mako109

What you want to be called: Just Mako is fine.

What are your primary interests in writing: Science Fiction.

Why do you like most about creative writing: World Building. Lots and lots of world building.

tumblr_p94hexi6Uf1qbx12bo2_r1_540.gif

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,389 posts
    Last Visit 46 minutes ago
  • Alias:Tinkerer
Soooo... Are we just gonna ignore the fact that the application says "Why do you like most about creative writing?"

In any case, yeah I'll join.

Username: Tythe

Aliases: Tinkerer, Tythe, Redro, Bartholomew or any combination of those followed by Scora. I prefer Tinkerer though.

Primary interests: definitely huge twisted plotlines where an action that one may seem insignificant is actually of great importance.

What I like about creative writing: it allows me to free myself as well as open a way to literally bring my nighttime dreams into reality.
Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

Aix

Aix

Spicy

• Wise Wolf

• 5,711 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow
Username: You can see it.
What I want to be called: Aix-san-sama-senpai-sensei-ue; do not omit any honorifics
Primary interests: Putting together a literary masterpiece like a chef creates a full-course meal: with adept and imaginative applications of a well-balanced set of ingredients!
What I like: Stories that can make me feel emotion, and stories with grand, imaginative, and immersive worldbuilding.

Holosig_zps64f5cd08.jpg

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Elite Members
  • 1,630 posts
    Last Visit Sep 23 2018 06:05 PM
  • Discord:Zai#7925
  • Alias:Zai
  • Spouse:Kate
Apologies in advance. I'm writing this on mobile.
Username: Zai
What you want to be called: I honestly don't care what you call me. Creative insults are hilarious.
What are your primary interests in writing: I love weaving engrossing stories. I thrive on pathos and melodrama. Genre wise I love fantasy and science fiction, and I hope to one day be able to write horror well.
Why do you like most about creative writing: Honestly, writing itself is a chore. The end result is just very very satisfying.
Posted Image

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 12,047 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Tormented
Username: Thar
What you want to be called: Matt
What are your primary interests in writing: Being able to create worlds as well as scenarios that I like to imagine happening in the real world.
Why do you like most about creative writing: I like a story that leaves me interested in the characters and makes me wonder who they really are and how they got into the scenario they're in. Also love watching a world form in the style of written history and description of the landscape and significance of certain landmarks.

RIP, I submitted an app, hence killed the club :3

FluffyWeeKentrosaurus-small.gif

Switch FC: SW-5328-8869-1579

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,572 posts
    Last Visit 45 minutes ago
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova
Username: Dova
What you want to be called: Anything you like.
What are your primary interests in writing: Science Fiction and Fantasy, mostly Dystopian novels.
Why do you like most about creative writing: Escapism. Just letting my imagination run wild.

Wow, I actually did something regarding CW on YCM.

JamesMuddy

JamesMuddy

King of the Swaaaaamp

• Elite Members
  • 1,423 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:02 AM
  • Alias:JamesMuddy

Username: JamesMuddy
What you want to be called: JamesMuddy
What are your primary interests in writing: Fantasy.
Why do you like most about creative writing: The writing. Planning sucks.

Posted Image

Mutant Monster RAEG-HAPYP

Mutant Monster RAEG-HAPYP

LOOK INTO THE FACE OF DEATH AND DESPAIR

• Senior Members
  • 8,312 posts
    Last Visit Sep 20 2018 09:04 AM
  • Alias:RAEG

I tend to be on and off with writing, but sure.

Username: Car Guy
What you want to be called: Raeg
What are your primary interests in writing: Crime and Action.
Why do you like most about creative writing: Well, the creative part. Writing, while fun, can be a pain. :(

On a side note, I have a potential fic in the making. Problem is, I never finish anything, sooo....

Posted Image

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,600 posts
    Last Visit 4 minutes ago
  • Alias:Yui

Username: JustYui
What you want to be called: Yui
My interests: Funny stuff and cute stuff.  And yuri.  All the yuri.
What I like about writing: The freedom that comes with the power of total creation, and seeing what others do with that power and freedom.

J0AW9jV.gif

stuff I've won

Himiko Yumeno

Himiko Yumeno

It's maaaaagic!

• Moderators

• 47,576 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie
Username: Black
What you want to be called: whatever is fine
What are your primary interests in writing: Characters are the big part. I tend to gravitate towards fantasy, modern or otherwise, though I like others. And I enjoy finding out deeper/potential meanings to things I really enjoy, such as Undertale.
Why do you like most about creative writing: The ability to create. I'm not even joking. I love the ability to create a universe, create people, create. I love the characters I create, treating them as real people, as to keep their best interests at heart. It's like playing God, in a way, and I enjoy being able to take care of them and guide them.

You are an insane person and very creative.

Lunar Origins

Lunar Origins

:)

• Goddess

• 4,988 posts
    Last Visit May 04 2018 04:53 PM
  • Alias:Kate
  • Spouse:Zai

Username: *POINTS TO THE USERNAME FIELD*
What you want to be called: Titty McTitty
What are your primary interests in writing: Drama, creating amazingly convoluted stories usually involving the prime minister of the UK
Why do you like most about creative writing: Nothing, it's the worst.  I like bad things.

ARMZ CARD

GIFTS from AMAZING PEOPLE:

'Ali Al-'Arabi

Mugendramon

Mugendramon

「E(X)TERNAL MALICE」

• Senior Members
  • 6,837 posts
    Last Visit Jun 03 2018 04:04 PM

Expect me to exist at random intervals!

Username: Mugendramon

What you want to be called: Mugen/Marcos

What are your primary interests in writing: Sci-fi, horror to an extent

Why do you like most about creative writing: Inner monologue, interaction between different species/entities/whatever

When you let Arm mess with a gif...
rekt
Workin like clockwork

Ptolemaios gdi

WaAaAlL-eEe

53384Mugen.jpg

-As made by Arm.

Concerning Digimon .tri

I believe the release dates are: November 2015, February 31st 2068, Fuck You, and We Forgot to Make It.

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~Bow to your Koopa overlord~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,313 posts
    Last Visit 10 minutes ago
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

Also expect me to exist at random intervals

Username: British Soul

What you want to be called: "British"/"BS"/"that British Bloke"

What are your primary interests in writing: Fantasy, action

Why do you like most about creative writing: Character creation and the ability to control what happens to them, though I haven't finished anything I have written.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Raine

Raine

Two Milkman, Go Comedy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,206 posts
    Last Visit Nov 09 2016 06:56 PM
  • Spouse:Ain (TechGenusMaster)

Alright, as of this post, everyone who applied is in the club. Since this is week 0, there is no need for anyone to read and review anyone's work obviously. The assignment for this week is in the Current Events of the first post, but here it is too.

Assignment 0: Create a short-story based on a song, music, or BGM (please supply when you turn in) as a theme. People can bring in any writing at any time, but the assignments are ways to keep people motivated and get people writing something. The deadline is soft, but right now it's roughly Sunday, January, 30th. There is no page requirement but please nothing that's absurdly long, rn, it's a short story. Let your creativity run wild on this one. 

Future assignments will be more specific, and challenge people to write out of their comfort zone. Thank you for joining, and hopefully this will turn out to be a great club! 

tumblr_ob1wayK2Fx1rn2chmo1_540.gif

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,311 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:07 AM
  • Alias:Nai

Username: Nanashi Nai
What I want to be called: Anaithing can do, I guess.
Primary interests: Learning to write something coherent in English, and learning to put my thoughts into paper/word doc.
What I like: Strong characterization and character arcs, and stories that makes me feel different emotions at once.

Posted Image

Cosmo.

Cosmo.

Whatthef***ever.

• Advanced Members
  • 1,319 posts
    Last Visit Mar 10 2017 04:20 PM

Kind of terrified but let's try.

Username: Cosmo.

What i want to be called: Anything that you find appropriate

Primary Interests: Fantasy. Improving my writing skills. Learning diverse vocabulary for when i'm writing in english.

What do you like most about creative writing: The power to create entire universes inside your head, full of characters each different and with their life and then being able to express that in words. It's like being the God of your own created universe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users