YCM Official Creative Writing Club
YCM is a wonderful hellscape, the wild west of the least threatening souls who have ever graced this Earth. It’s natural that a good number of us would be interested in writing, in fact, I know creative writing is a particular interest among us. So I thought to myself, ‘Hey, Raine. You should make a club so the discontinous nonsense of literature can meet the sense of community we fostered'… well, not so much fostered as bred, but same difference. So alas, here is the fruits of my efforts, a club where we can all write and review each other for the hopes that maybe we get better at writing and have a decent community for our writers.
The club will consist of a community to write and read our local works, I’m committed to developing weekly challenges, contests, or submissions on a volunteer basis to motivate club members, just an FYI.
I've been asked to remind members that this club is a give-and-take relationship. If you submit works, you are also asked to take an appropriate time to review at least one of someone else's. I don't think that's a lot ask since reading, and giving feedback isn't all that hard. As host, I will pick up the slack but members also need to be willing to be members, this is just for future notice.
Here are preferred submission methods:
1. Members please copy and paste and write your stories in Google Docs and submit a share URL link with permission to view-only. This will keep the club forum clean and easy to archive in the first post.
2. If members have difficulty doing so, or are for whatever reason unable to do so, submitting your creative writing in typical YCM fashion of a spoiler will also be acceptable.
• All YCM Rules apply and they can be found here: http://forum.yugiohc...e-rules-of-ycm/.
• By being a member of the club, while doing club business you are to be respectable to other members and any unreasonably comments or flaming towards others will not be tolerated.
• The Rules may change, but who can know such things, I’m not psychic!
• Be good!
What you want to be called:
What are your primary interests in writing:
What do you like most about creative writing:
Raine "the Benevolent"
Mitch "Offical Mitcher of NASCAR"
Birdie "Peacock of YCM"
Mako "the Younger"
Matt "the Elder"
Aix "Supreme Chancellor, Majority Speaker of the 37th Reichstag Congress"
Tythe "He who hunts Mythical Creatures for their meat"
Zai "Resident Liaison with the Robot Empire in the Sky"
Dova "the Plumber/ start-up DJ"
James Muddy "Guy who tracks mud in the house, no matter how many times we ask him not to."
Car Guy "The Mechanic... hopefully"
Yui "The one you crawl to and crash on their couch"
Black "Brother Killer"
Kate "The Sassy Black Woman"
Mugen "WARNING: LOW GAS! REFUEL AT SOONEST OPPORTUNITY!"
British "Not British"
Nai "The Temptress, well, not so much temptress as bish"
Cosmo "Husband of Wanda"
"Mid" Night, or "Big Papa, because he loves it when we call him Big Papa"
Ends every Sunday, if you can't make that let me know and you can skip or get a deadline push.
Week 0: The first week I want everyone to just try this comfortable, and understand the concept. The assignment is to make a short-story based on a song, music, or BGM of your choosing as a theme. There is no page length requirement but please no 40+ page novelettes.