Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

YCM Official Creative Writing Club

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

Raine

Raine

Two Milkman, Go Comedy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,206 posts
    Last Visit Nov 09 2016 06:56 PM
  • Spouse:Ain (TechGenusMaster)

Member list, updated. 

I've been asked to remind members that this club is a give-and-take relationship. If you submit works, you are also asked to take an appropriate time to review at least one of someone else's. I don't think that's a lot ask since reading, and giving feedback isn't all that hard. As host, I will pick up the slack but members also need to be willing to be members, this is just for future notice.  

tumblr_ob1wayK2Fx1rn2chmo1_540.gif

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 11,950 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Yennefer

Member list, updated. 

I've been asked to remind members that this club is a give-and-take relationship. If you submit works, you are also asked to take an appropriate time to review at least one of someone else's. I don't think that's a lot ask since reading, and giving feedback isn't all that hard. As host, I will pick up the slack but members also need to be willing to be members, this is just for future notice.  

Sounds fair. Like you said, as long as the stories aren't ridiculously long, I'm willing to go through them and take notes as I read.

Posted Image

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,282 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:03 PM
  • Alias:Nai

Yeah, that sounds pretty fair.

Can't have everyone asking for input without giving back, after all.

Posted Image

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Moderators
  • 11,035 posts
    Last Visit 8 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Oh I can give input. I certainly can.

Gotta try and work on a story thingy. Might not get it done till late in the week.

8PBUpdp.gif

Night

Night

ليلة ماشي

• Legendary Members
  • 7,824 posts
    Last Visit Mar 21 2018 02:00 AM
  • Discord:Framed 🤔#5862
  • Spouse:you
Username: Nighterino
What you want to be called: Daddy
What are your primary interests in writing: Fantasy among other shit
Why do you like most about creative writing: *what

Aix

Aix

Wolf & Spice & Everything Nice

• Wise Wolf

• 5,710 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow
Won't write anything this round cuz exams but I'll probably review one that catches my eye.

Holosig_zps64f5cd08.jpg

Makο

Makο

109th

• Senior Members
  • 7,168 posts
    Last Visit Jul 17 2018 03:13 AM
  • Discord:Mako#0109

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I don't know how to google doc

Words: 1690. Three and a half pages on OpenOffice.

It's hard to explain things without explaining things. Also it's hard to write good. Oops.

somehow there's only a tumblr post for the song I chose. not on youtube????

tumblr_p94hexi6Uf1qbx12bo2_r1_540.gif

Raine

Raine

Two Milkman, Go Comedy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,206 posts

Alright, I was playing with ideas to make submission easier. Here are preferred submission methods:

1. Members please copy and paste and write your stories in Google Docs and submit a share URL link with permission to view-only. This will keep the club forum clean and easy to archive in the first post. 

2. If members have difficulty doing so, or are for whatever reason unable to do so, submitting your creative writing in typical YCM fashion of a spoiler will also be acceptable. 

I will add this to the first post for future reference. 

EDIT: Night added. Shame on you all for not telling me about that typo earlier!

Tinkerer Bartholomew Melon

Tinkerer Bartholomew Melon

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,101 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:49 PM
  • Alias:Tinkerer

Shame on you all for not telling me about that typo earlier!

But I--

You know what? Forget it...
Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

JamesMuddy

JamesMuddy

King of the Swaaaaamp

• Elite Members
  • 1,382 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago
  • Alias:JamesMuddy

I think I'm gonna have to skip out on the first task. School is starting tomorrow and I ain't got time for writing. If possible, I'll try to crank out something by 1st of Feb, but no promises.

Posted Image

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,282 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:03 PM
  • Alias:Nai

I'll get myself to write and review soon, been in some sort of rut lately sorry.

Posted Image

Raine

Raine

Two Milkman, Go Comedy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,206 posts

I'm so sorry everyone but being the host I feel like I have to be a good example especially early on, but my own story is delayed to Monday. I good friend of mine died a few days ago in an industrial accident so it's been hard dealing with things, obligations, and this. But I want this club to do some good for everyone, I encourage everyone to submit something by Sunday or soon after so I can assign some reviews for the coming week.

Thank you all for joining, and I look forward to reading everyone's soon!

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 11,950 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Yennefer

I'm so sorry everyone but being the host I feel like I have to be a good example especially early on, but my own story is delayed to Monday. I good friend of mine died a few days ago in an industrial accident so it's been hard dealing with things, obligations, and this. But I want this club to do some good for everyone, I encourage everyone to submit something by Sunday or soon after so I can assign some reviews for the coming week.

Thank you all for joining, and I look forward to reading everyone's soon!

No need to apologize. Take all the time you need.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Posted Image

HMS Prince of Wales

HMS Prince of Wales

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,229 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Alias:Mitcher

I understand that the lack of submissions aside from Mako's may be discouraging to you as a host but worry not, I am around 700 words into mine and am finishing it today. And sorry to hear that.

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Moderators
  • 11,035 posts
    Last Visit 8 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

I'm so sorry Raine. Anything I can do I'll do.

I...just haven't been able to get the right feeling.

8PBUpdp.gif

The Warden

The Warden

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be~

• Moderators
  • 17,083 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:20 AM
  • Alias:Broken
Username: Broke.N
What you want to be called: The Heart Breaker
What are your primary interests in writing: Creating, evolving my abilities as a writer, expanding my knowledge ever greater, improving myself in every way, and to entertain others with my works.
What do you like most about creative writing: Enjoyment, plain and simple. I like it when something can catch me off-guard, can make me laugh, can make me cry. I love it when I can actually feel for what I am reading.

the_warden_by_uxiesweetie-d9fsncn.png

Hell? Oh no, you flatter me! This is merely SuperYCM! I am The Warden.

Makο

Makο

109th

• Senior Members
  • 7,168 posts

either my story sucks ass, or I was just in the right mood to write

I mean, a lot of what I write is inspired by the music I'm listening to anyway, so

HMS Prince of Wales

HMS Prince of Wales

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,229 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Alias:Mitcher

I am DONE. Entire thing's 1750 words. Because I rushed through this yesterday and today, I wrote this without really thinking about whether it was interesting or readable or not. The last part was something I tacked on in order to add some sort of narrative to the piece but honestly I dunno if it's any good. If nothing else I had a lot of fun worldbuilding this.

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Makο

Makο

109th

• Senior Members
  • 7,168 posts

mfw I just now realized the google doc didn't keep the link I had

...gonna... go fix that. So the song is there. For... context.

rip

I am DONE. Entire thing's 1750 words. Because I rushed through this yesterday and today, I wrote this without really thinking about whether it was interesting or readable or not. The last part was something I tacked on in order to add some sort of narrative to the piece but honestly I dunno if it's any good. If nothing else I had a lot of fun worldbuilding this.

Ok. So, I gave your tale a once over, and all-in-all, I think I like it. There are a bunch of cliched ideas that were sometimes distracting, as well as a couple of world elements that I thought were strange, but all in all it was well constructed. I feel like it combined a bunch of other ideas I've seen elsewhere with moderate success, and could be used as the setup for something really good.

My biggest complaints sort of come in between the lines of the overall story. Like, how upon Eden's appearance, the world very quickly stopped fighting and decided to work together. While something of this level could eventually occur in such a situation, it's very unlikely it would happen to this sort of total degree. Also, when they reach the top, and find the button, I find it hard to believe that everyone just agrees to "press the button." I mean, sure, there's not much else you can do with that, but I can assure you that there would be waaaaay more staunch defiance against such a decision.

When all's said and done, tis a good story. Wasn't boring, kept my interest, neat concept; basically nails all the required categories of a short story.

sorry for bad cnc

Mugendramon

Mugendramon

「E(X)TERNAL MALICE」

• Senior Members
  • 6,837 posts
    Last Visit Jun 03 2018 04:04 PM

Monkey obviously goes for sci-fi, Take One

Reviewing will come in later because ZZZZZZZZZ

When you let Arm mess with a gif...
rekt
Workin like clockwork

Ptolemaios gdi

WaAaAlL-eEe

53384Mugen.jpg

-As made by Arm.

Concerning Digimon .tri

I believe the release dates are: November 2015, February 31st 2068, Fuck You, and We Forgot to Make It.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users