Yang Zing Synchro Gate

TundraL5Z

p0h0Jat.jpg

Yang Zing Synchro Gate

Quick-play Spell Card

Immediately after this effect resolves; Synchro Summon 1 Synchro monster using up to 3 Wyrm-Type monsters you control. If your opponent controls a monster(s) that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, you can send from your hand and/or banish from your graveyard Wyrm-Type monsters for its Synchro Material instead. You can only activate 1 "Yang Zing Synchro Gate" per turn. You cannot conduct your battle phase the turn you activate this card.

Since it locks out the rest of your summons, might I suggest you don't have the summoned card be a wyrm and have it ignore summoning conditions?

Wouldn't that make it a little too generic? although i do see the appeal of freely summoning any Synchro you want, even with this though most of the time you are going to make Baxia so i guess i can change

Perhaps i may remove the summoning restriction of Wyrms only, but you need Wyrm monsters since i don't want it to be generic

Since it locks out the rest of your summons, might I suggest you don't have the summoned card be a wyrm and have it ignore summoning conditions?

That wouldn't be a good idea. Since it says "3 level 5 or lower", that would mean immediate access to Quasar or Red Nova Dragon without any setup at any given moment. Last time I checked, cards are banned for that.

----

I'd say keep the Wyrm restriction. It makes this card less techable in other archetypes that would gain unfair advantage from this, such as Speedroid or Synchron. Being a Quickplay makes it chainable, so if your opponent were to do something like use BTH or CED, you could just chain this and avoid it entirely while getting a synchro out of it. Seeing as it needs a monster summoned from the extra deck to get access to the hand and graveyard, it works great in pendulum format, but maybe too well. It can give immediate access to Trishula to put a problematic setup, and I imagine that the mere existence of this card would make people play cautiously less they get Trish'd or something far worse.

That wouldn't be a good idea. Since it says "3 level 5 or lower", that would mean immediate access to Quasar or Red Nova Dragon without any setup at any given moment. Last time I checked, cards are banned for that.

Quasar cannot even attack since it was not Synchro summoned, so ok, you made a cyber dragon infinity

Red Nova, if he uses his effect, cannot be special summoned back. 

So no, it wouldn't be all that great. Good for Yang Zing? Sure, but they won't even give their protection effects to the synchro monsters

Change nothing Imo Tundra 

Wouldn't that make it a little too generic? although i do see the appeal of freely summoning any Synchro you want, even with this though most of the time you are going to make Baxia so i guess i can change

Perhaps i may remove the summoning restriction of Wyrms only, but you need Wyrm monsters since i don't want it to be generic

Exactly, since you can only use Yang Zings wyrms, and it's NOT a synchro summon, it should be balanced. Add in a no battle phase restriction if you must

Immediately after this effect resolves; Special Summon 1 Synchro monster using up to 3 Wyrm-Type monsters you control. Ignore Summoning Conditions. If your opponent controls a monster(s) that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, you can send from your hand and/or banish from your graveyard Wyrm-Type monsters instead. You can only activate 1 "Yang Zing Synchro Gate" per turn. You cannot conduct your battle phase the turn you activate this card.

Exactly, since you can only use Yang Zings wyrms, and it's NOT a synchro summon, it should be balanced. Add in a no battle phase restriction if you must 

Hmm yea, that could work, since i changed it to being a Synchro Summon having your Battle Phase is too good.

It will be too generic if it was not "Wyrm type monsters you control"

So no, it wouldn't be all that great. Good for Yang Zing? Sure, but they won't even give their protection effects to the synchro monsters

Yang Zing monsters give the additional effects when ever they are used as a Synchro material, since i changed it to being an actual Synchro Summon, it shouldn't be a problem since they where "Used as Synchro Material", i find it fine now by restricting the Battle Phase conduction

Archived