Overdrive Teleporter

OverdriveTeleporter-CSOC-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. You can pay 2000 Life Points to Special Summon 2 Level 3 Psychic-Type monsters from your Deck. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.

This is easily one of my favourite support cards for my favourite Type. It really helps them make plays without giving up on too much advantage, as otherwise you are having to rely too much on Emergency Teleport to get your things on the board. Brain Research lab can help get this onto the field as well as effectively halving the LP cost.

The card works very well with Kozmo Soartroopers and I have found that in a Psychic-Type deck, teching in a few Kozmos for helping Synchro plays works pretty well. Using a deck built around This card with a few Soartroopers teched in works really nicely for making Trishula and Overmind Archfiend ridiculously easy to make. I guess a build focused around Tincan and Telekinetic Power Well would work too.

I remember seeing this in a few early Kozmo decks, although I don't see it much anymore. Why is that? Has Kozmo drifted away from Farmgirl being the main card or is it simply too inconsistent or risky (with Effect Veiler being pretty commonly used)?

This is quite honestly, one of the best cards in the game. It's effect is just absolutely insane, but as Psychics aren't this explosive deck type, it tends to go unnoticed.

Not to argue semantics, but might I amend this to say "It's effect is just absolutely insane, but as LV 3 Psychics aren't that explosive, it tends to unnoticed"?

If this card get things like Tin Can or Strawman or hell even Kribons for the lv 8 synchros plays I think I'd be a lot better...like Imagine this in Hieratics, one card Dark Matter with two high utility lv8 synchros to boot

But card can still drop Azure so I agree with you that it's quite amazing

At the very least, you can make the fun loop of Overdrive-> Grab 1 lv 3 tuner, 1 level 3 non tuner-> Red Wyvern/Goyo/etc (w/e can net you the most advantage)->M7->Add back Overdrive

Tribute Level Eater for This

Downgrade This to revive Eater

Use This card's effect to grab Psychic Commander and something else

This, Commander, and Eater make Trish

Downgrade Trish to revive Eater

Eater and your other Psychic(assuming it's a Tuner) becomes something else

?????????

?????????

Dunno if joke, but Level Eater can't be tributed.

EDIT: Nevermind. I am dumb. Ignore me.

?????????

Trish (8) + Lv (3)+Eater-> Trish 8 + Lv 4 Synchro tuner

chain Limit Overdrive for Quasar/Sifr?

?????????????

Dunno if joke, but Level Eater can't be tributed.

Read Level Eater, except for Tribute summons

Here's another other idea.

Storm4th->Overdrive->Double Farm Girl->sock them for 5100, add Dank Destroyer X2. Win

At the very least, you can make the fun loop of Overdrive-> Grab 1 lv 3 tuner, 1 level 3 non tuner-> Red Wyvern/Goyo/etc (w/e can net you the most advantage)->M7->Add back Overdrive

Risebell the Star Adjustor could also be used instead of going into a Level 6 Synchro, and it leaves you with something on the field to use later.

Ultimately it's a matter of why would I normal summon this and pay 2k to get two level 3's when I could just play ETele to get one level 3 and then use my normal summon on something more useful?

It's too slow and unreliable to ever really be good in constructed yugioh, but at least it's a very fun card to use in monster league cube drafting

Ultimately it's a matter of why would I normal summon this and pay 2k to get two level 3's when I could just play ETele to get one level 3 and then use my normal summon on something more useful?

It's too slow and unreliable to ever really be good in constructed yugioh, but at least it's a very fun card to use in monster league cube drafting

So, it's basically a problem with Tribute Summoning.

Well yeah, the floor for tribute monsters can gone up drastically since the game has evolved around multiple ways of summoning. It has come to the point where the only good tribute summon cards are the two fiends and some of the monarchs/mega monarchs. Summoning two level 3 psychics doesn't really do anything at all, because none of the monsters in that card pool are really meant to combo off of each other well. The best targets are arguably Soartroopers and Cleric, but they both come with a myriad of problems when you're trying to fit them and Overdrive into a deck.

Archived