Dova's Competitions #2: Unused Type/Attribute Combos [Judging]

Dova

Dova's back with another great competition!

[spoiler=Theme]

Design a card with a combination of a Type and Attribute which less than 3 cards in the TCG/OCG already have. Other than that, go wild. List of type/Attribute combos is below.

[spoiler=Usable Type/Attribute Combos]

EARTH: Sea Serpent, Fish
FIRE: Psychic, Fish, Thunder, Aqua, Sea Serpent, Rock
WATER: Zombie, Pyro, Rock, Insect
WIND: Zombie, Fish, Wyrm
LIGHT: Dinosaur, Fish, Sea Serpent
DARK: Sea Serpent, Fish, Pyro

(RIP Fish)

[spoiler=Deadline]

February 10th, 2016 @ 5:00 GMT+10. Since that's ahead of most of you guys, be sure to turn it in early if you can. Feel free to submit the card at any time before the deadline. Judging might take a while, but hopefully schedules will be free. Free time will be provided if a good reason is given.

[spoiler=Rules]

1. Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to abide by / follow them in this contest.

2. Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; do not use the Cardmaker to generate a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format.

3. When posting a card, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for me to read your effect. Also make sure that you post it properly using the Cardmaker.

4. You are allowed to make edits to your card until the deadline, HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product.

5. The usage of Fake Types / Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden.

6. Also remember to abide by the max. 5000 ATK/DEF rules for original stats.

[spoiler=Prizing]

1st - 500 points + 3 reps
2nd - 200 points + 2 reps
3rd - 100 points + 1 rep

[spoiler=Participants]

1. Amaretsu
2. Striker
3. Enguin
4. Egitet
5. The Taken King
6. cardgameking
7. Azuriena
8. Chivalry
9. EndUser
10. Fluffyfish
11. Bringerofcake
12. JustYui
13. Protodrax
14. Trebuchet MS
15. Excalibur the Divine
16. The Eternal Dolphin
17. Yemachu
18. YugsterMajor

Bold means a card has been submitted by that user.

[spoiler=Judging]

Happy for up to two people help me judge this. If you decide to judge, you can't post a card. Please use the rubric posted below, or, if you are unhappy with it, message me ahead of time.

1. Dova

2. Draconus

[spoiler=Scoring]

Total out of 50:

Balance/Usability - 30

Creativity/Flavour - 15

OCG/Grammar - 5

------

If you have any questions, either post in this thread or send me a PM.

Looking forward to seeing your entries. Good luck, and have fun!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using the search function of YGOPro I found that there are only 2 WIND Wyrm-Type monsters ("Al-Lumi'raj" and "Pulao, Wind of the Yang Zing"), but this type combination is not listed in the opening post (yet). Maybe you have missed it? 

In any case, this contest seems interesting. As such I would like to request entry.

Sure, why not. But why no LIGHT/DARK?

Because I was an idiot and assumed that since there were over a 1000 of each, I thought that each had been overdone. Apparently not. Updated the OP.

Using the search function of YGOPro I found that there are only 2 WIND Wyrm-Type monsters ("

In any case, this contest seems interesting. As such I would like to request entry.

Yeah, missed it. Adding it to the opening post.

---------------

So yeah, LIGHT and DARK is now a thing.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must only be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Sending 2 FIRE monsters and 2 WATER monsters to the graveyard during either Player's turn (from your hand or either Player's field). When this card's ATK/DEF is increased, this card Gains ATK/DEF equal to the amount increased x500.

Card Image<Click Here>Enjoy

Too early? :526092_key:

My entry

[spoiler=My Entry]

Abyss Flare Archfiend

DARK - Lvl 5 - Pyro/Fusion/Effect - 1900 atk 200 def

(1 or more 'Archfiend' monsters + 1 or more Pyro-type monsters)

This card is also treated as being Fiend-type. When this card is Special Summoned, you can destroy one card on the field, and if it was a Pyro-type monster, deal 1000 damage to your opponent. When this card inflicts damage to your opponent, Special Summon 1 "Archfiend" monster from your hand or graveyard. When this Fusion Summoned monster is removed from the field, both players take damage equal to the number of Fusion materials used to summon this card x 300.

So, its always treated as Fiend and Pyro type. That is allowed right? Just a little something for decks like Volcanics.

EDIT

Just forgot to add something at the card text's end.

Archived