Dova's Competitions #2: Unused Type/Attribute Combos [Judging]

Dova

I'm willing to allow that, considering there isn't an "always" with the additional type. Unless there are any objections?

According to their post, it is always also Fiend-Type. The card text makes it look like a Continuous Effect, but this shouldn't be indicative of too much because it isn't in PSCT.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fq4Pzrx.png?1

2 Level 3 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can discard 1 card, then target up to 2 monsters on the field; banish them until your next Standby Phase. You can only use this effect of "Guardian of the Sky" once per turn. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 banished Level 4 or lower monster; shuffle it into the Deck, then Special Summon 1 other monster from your Deck with the same Level and Attribute as the shuffled monster.

Fear the Guardian, folks.

[spoiler=Cheeky Nandos]

Fish out of Water

WIND

[Fish/Fusion/Effect]

ATK/0 DEF/0

2 monsters with different Types and Attributes

You can also Special Summon this card by Tributing the above monsters you control (in this case you do not use "Polymerization"). Destroy this card at the start of the next Phase after it is Summoned. When this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon up to 2 monsters from your Graveyard who share at least 1 Type or 1 Attribute with either this card or its Fusion materials.

[spoiler=Why the Nandos is as cheeky as it is]

Well firstly it's a fish out of water, and so it dies quickly. It uses different types/attributes because it itself has a unique combination of both so it fits sort of, in that its whole thing is that it's antisynergetic to itself, so it doesn't work in archetype decks where you usually have same types/attributes the whole way. Also revives ones that it shares at least some semblance of common traits with because the idea is it being destroyed lets it back into the water where it's among its own kind again or some shit like that. I had it sounding better in my mind. Phrased the clause poorly but you get the idea.

[spoiler=card']

Lightning Striker

Continuous Trap

When this card is activated: Deal 500 damage to your opponent, and if you do, Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (FIRE/Thunder-type/Level 4/ATK 1900/DEF 0) to your side of the field. (It is still treated as a Trap Card.) When it attacks, your opponent takes 500 damage. Destroy this card at the end of the next turn.

I feel like it needed to have Flash from Magic: the Gathering, and I felt like making it a trap monster was by far the best way to do that.

Should've asked if you could do a Trapmon. As hard as it is for me, I'll have to say no, because the criteria was a monster.

I want in, I want in!

[spoiler=Here's is my entry: ]

[Written]

"Cosmo Paralyzer"

DARK / Pyro / 4 / 1200 / 0 / Effect

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in the Deck or Graveyard. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. If you do, you can Special Summon 1 Normal Monster with the same Level from your Deck, also this card's Level becomes the same as that monster's, but it cannot be used as a Synchro Material. An Xyz Monster that was Xyz Summoned using 3 or more monsters you control as Xyz Materials (including this card) gains this effect:

- Once per turn, it cannot be destroyed by card effects that target exactly 1 card.

{ the underlined "it" means "this card". It's a correct way to say it. }

There we go.

Fish Love!

Fish Hugs!

[spoiler=FishCuteness]

VimK7u9.jpg

Level 3 - DARK - Fish/Effect - 1100/ 500

You can target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; banish both it and this card until your next Standby Phase. If this card is banished: Target 1 of your banished Level 4 or lower Fish, Sea Serpent or Aqua-Type monster, except this card; Special Summon that target, but banish it during the End Phase. You can only use each effect of "Curse from the Deep Sea" once per turn.

[spoiler=Fishness]

The card is obviously made to support all the Fish, Sea Serpents and Aqua-Type monsters that enjoy banishing (apparently called "Generation Fish" by the Wikia). Although most of those cards are quite bad right now (this wouldn't be near enough to make them playable as is), I believe this card would be a fun and interesting addition to them. Not only it banishs itself for free and does something decent (most of the existing ones seems to need to spend resources to banish or don't do anything of note by doing it), its second effect makes it a really versatile card that supports a decent amount of playstyles involving them (allows more options to what would be good to banish, how to get they banished stuff back, and how to potentially make field for an Xyz), in a way that can both be used in conjunction with the first effect (the most obvious interaction) or by banishing this card from anywhere else to trigger it.

This card should be specially able to do quite decent plays as long you have a "Wingtortoise" in your Hand/Graveyard (a.k.a one of the few decent "Generation Fish", whose can SS itself from hand/grave when one is banished on the field). Allowing you to Summon 2 monsters and banishing an opp's monster for a turn using a single play: Use eff 1, SS 1 from your banished zone and "Wingtortoise" from hand/grave, then Xyz or whatever; next Standby Phase, do the same again.

Its effect is made to resemble a "curse" somehow, by being usable every turn and hard to stop in the right circumstances.

Although most of the "Generation Fish" are actually WIND monsters (which was an option too), I thought this card would be more interesting/consistent as a DARK monster (mainly because I had the curse idea before finding out they were WINDs, but its not like they are all Fish anyway so guess I can loose it a little).

ruV2tac.png

[spoiler=Why I did this]

As a fan of zombie decks, one thing I've noticed is that while they can often have a very explosive early game...most of the time, you get one big turn in you then your advantage is pretty much all gone. If your opponent can get over your field of extra deck monsters, you don't really have any means of bouncing back. Plagueagle is a rather strange attempt at fixing this problem, since I can't make the card Level 4 or Zombie World will instantly bust it in two. However, it's a means of both keeping at least some field advantage up with one hell of a floater (provided you're using Zombie World (and if you're not, what the hell's wrong with you?)) while also thinning your deck out. Being Level 3 comes with the unexpected side-benefit of giving the deck easier access to Clear Wing via Uni-Zombie's effects, Armades with this and Plaguespreader, or Trishula by means of any of the plethora of Level 4 zombies plus Plaguespreader.

It's definitely not a perfect solution to the woes of the more traditional zombie decks, but it's a start.

I did the thing!

[spoiler=thing]

0kvFDRK.jpg

1 FIRE Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card can't be targeted by card effects. Once per turn, you can send up to four FIRE monsters from your deck to your graveyard, then destroy the same number of monsters your opponent controls. Your opponent then takes damage equal to the combined levels of the destroyed monsters x 100. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed, you can discard one FIRE monster (from your hand) instead.

To work!

conf-ooze.png

[spoiler Card Text]Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a monster whose DEF is equal to or lower than this card's ATK: Destroy that monster. When this card destroys a monster by battle or by its effect: It gains 500 ATK. If this card is destroyed: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of this card's ATK when it was destroyed.

[spoiler Design Notes]FIRE Aqua? I'm sure I saw some lava oozes going around.

Have you played D&D? Recall how annoying oozes are to fight, what with their damage resistance, splitting, ability to eat your weapons and armor, and sometimes outright elemental immunities? Now try on an ooze made of fire.

I've designed this card to be as annoying to fight as possible but without crossing into boss monster territory which wouldn't fit its position as a splashable card. This card defies certain battle mechanics by checking and killing against a monster's DEF stat, allowing it to assassinate even the biggest baddest boss monsters who neglect their DEF. And after it's had its fill of monster carcass, it grows bigger, expanding its range of monsters that can die to it, offensively and defensively. Coupled with a resistance to destruction and it can quickly become a snowballing sphere of flamey terror, stoppable only by throwing multiple destruction attempts at it or any form of non-destructive removal.

Oh, and if you manage to destroy it, the thing explodes in your face for its troubles. Since effects like these have a tendency to check the monster's ATK stat in the Graveyard, I've had to word things a little differently so that the stat boosts it's accumulated while it's on the field will also count towards the damage it does.

Archived